Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 28 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:19 pm

aendym wrote:Hahaha! Thats grand!!! Looked like you all had a hard time not to laugh!!! Its hillarious!
Do you have the sheet music to that?

At one point I said "Post it as a Video Response" all wrong, and I would have laughed, but I just tried to stay in Character and I feel it got funnier than It would have been, if I wouldnt have made the "mistake", so yeah. It was fun^^

Im making a sheet today Smile Ill post it when Im done Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 28 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by aendym Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Fantastic! Thanks! Im gonna try this out...
though Im pretty sure Im not gonna post a video response!!! =)
at least not in the next 3 weeks... Laughing
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 208
Job/hobbies : Teacher - other than that painting, drawing and being creative
Length of time playing piano : August 2009
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburst Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:22 pm

whoa! you're really good...i have fun watching all your performances...i also hope that i can play all those songs like you did...but since i'm still a beginner, i know it would still take some more time...but i hope i can learn and be able to play that well soon... Razz

sunburst
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 7
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:12 am

aendym wrote:Fantastic! Thanks! Im gonna try this out...
though Im pretty sure Im not gonna post a video response!!! =)
at least not in the next 3 weeks... Laughing

Ah Wink Well If you do decide to post, Im looking forward to it Smile

sunburst wrote:whoa! you're really good...i have fun watching all your performances...i also hope that i can play all those songs like you did...but since i'm still a beginner, i know it would still take some more time...but i hope i can learn and be able to play that well soon... Razz

Thanks Wink Just practice and youll get it eventually Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

hey im back in black! just to say gratz for the interview and stuff! And your trying revo etude? cool! Wink

I continued practicing piano alone, and I learned 3/4 of chopin fantaisie impromptu, waltz 64 2, clair de lune, and half ballade no1.

good luck with the piano man! maybe ill be around!

P.S. playing with 2 hands straight ahead isnt unusual! :O I did Smile
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburst Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Thomandy wrote:
sunburst wrote:whoa! you're really good...i have fun watching all your performances...i also hope that i can play all those songs like you did...but since i'm still a beginner, i know it would still take some more time...but i hope i can learn and be able to play that well soon... Razz

Thanks Wink Just practice and youll get it eventually Smile

yup! i would definitely work hard... cheers

sunburst
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 7
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by endre Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:46 pm

CripKilla wrote:chopin [...] waltz 64 2
Oh, video? My favorite and maybe in like 10 years can play it.. :p

endre
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 113
Job/hobbies : IT
Length of time playing piano : april 09
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Circle_of_Fists Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:19 am

Great video, Thomandy! (I finally got to see it) I'll give it a go with a little special twist, if I can work it out in time. scratch Very Happy
Circle_of_Fists
Circle_of_Fists
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 292
Job/hobbies : I needed a new hobby so piano it is!
Length of time playing piano : since June 09
Guru Points : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:20 pm

CripKilla wrote:
P.S. playing with 2 hands straight ahead isnt unusual! :O I did Smile

Well I dont hold the true answer, but its what I have heard, that its unusual Smile
It might be unusual even though you did it Smile Then you have also done a unusual thing Wink hehe
But yeah, I dont know, its as I say something I have been told and from the questions I get every day on youtube it seams beginners are always asking me how to play with both hands Smile

Circle_of_Fists wrote:Great video, Thomandy! (I finally got to see it) I'll give it a go with a little special twist, if I can work it out in time. scratch Very Happy

Thanks Smile That would be cool Wink Hope you get it done in time, It would be cool to see your Response on youtube before the time runs out Smile Looking forward to it Smile Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Circle_of_Fists Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:00 am

Fortunately, my "little special twist" was 100% cooperative and very motivated and excited to play this song!

It was incredibly awesome to make music with my son. He loved it. I loved it. Just awesome. Thomandy, thanks again for presenting the opportunity for me and my son to do this together. Awesome!

Next week he starts his first music class, which is geared for young childred his age (5). A parent is required to attend as well (I don't blame them for making it mandatory! Razz ) So, I get to sit in on it too. Very cool. And they have a boat-load of acoustic pianos at this place. HEAVEN!!! I might just enjoy this more than my son! Razz

He was (and is) very excited to start this class. This never would have happened had I not taken up piano as my new hobby. Very cool! Thanks to Andrew too!

And while I was at it, I recorded my own version of Thomandy's Prelude, but not as a submission for the competition:

yarrr!!! pirat
Circle_of_Fists
Circle_of_Fists
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by aendym Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Circledude! your kid is brilliant! got me laughing when he gave you five and ya'll hit the keys! =)
I bet he'll be pretty good in piano class!
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Update:

I have just finished my first public piano performance, there where 10 people attending, and I did a pretty good job Smile

I played for about one hour, and messed up only one time Smile
I didn't manage to finish my Bach Invention No 8 after getting half way through Sad hehe

But after that little miss, I did "perfectly" I did a couple of note mistakes, but nothing very noticeable! Also I managed to play relaxed, take my time and not rush even though my Maple Leaf Rag went pretty fast after a while... hehe

But yeah, It was a great experience, and the good thing was that I wasn't nervous at all** The only thing I feel I need to work on is to forget people around me, cause my mind sometimes drifted a little, also I was thinking a little before hard passages that; "Now, just don't mess up" - But I tried to not think that, instead think about how to make the music sound good instead and the "assignments" I had in front of me, and just trust that my movements would be correct now as well Smile But still, I need to work a little on that Smile

Very nice experience^^
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:24 am

Hey great news ..glad it went well for ya ..and hope the experience will grow for you as ...so will the audience ..PS mistakes are part of evolution to make us work hard and perfect and then make some more Wink

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by aendym Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:51 am

Sounds fantastic thomas! good to hear!! and robin, you said that perfectly, so I will just go along with your wise words!!!
Speaking as a teacher: Keep up the good work, Thomas!!! hahahaha
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Circle_of_Fists Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Holy crap! You guys weren't kidding about exposure. The Prelude for 3 hands is now up to 1240 views!

Shocked Shocked Shocked bounce
Circle_of_Fists
Circle_of_Fists
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:29 pm

ROBIN wrote:Hey great news ..glad it went well for ya ..and hope the experience will grow for you as ...so will the audience ..PS mistakes are part of evolution to make us work hard and perfect and then make some more Wink

Very true Smile

aendym wrote:Sounds fantastic thomas! good to hear!! and robin, you said that perfectly, so I will just go along with your wise words!!!
Speaking as a teacher: Keep up the good work, Thomas!!! hahahaha

Thanks Smile You too, keep it up Smile

Circle_of_Fists wrote:Holy crap! You guys weren't kidding about exposure. The Prelude for 3 hands is now up to 1240 views!

Shocked Shocked Shocked bounce

Yeah, I think it at least will tip 3000 views, thats what I was hoping for when I heard Andrew was so nice to give 3 days Smile I think I got about 10-20 views on my featured video a day, so that only a little drop compared, but hopefully its fun for you to get some extra hits Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 am

Arabesque - J.F. Burgmuller

Its one of my favorite 1min pieces, with a really cool sound to it Smile
Its very basic in style, but still very good Smile Shows that basic harmony can do the work if used correctly Smile

I'm not 100% satisfied with the performance, but I hope and think you will like it still? Smile

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by aendym Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Hey thomas... do you and Circle have a burgmuller-contest going that us others havent heard about?? Laughing
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Circle_of_Fists Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:43 pm

Good job with that one. Very Happy

The part that gave me the most problem was the 32123 sequences on the left hand. I don't know why. Those are the 3 strongest fingers, but it always gave me a problem!

If you like the Arabesque, you should also look at "Progress" which is also nice by Burgmuller. I've got that one on the queue to record (in about 3 weeks). Very Happy
Circle_of_Fists
Circle_of_Fists
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by MysteriousGgirl Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:00 pm

really nice playing..Very Happy
MysteriousGgirl
MysteriousGgirl
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 125
Job/hobbies : Designing, Drawing and playing Piano
Length of time playing piano : Biggner needs alot of help :D
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:58 pm

aendym wrote:Hey thomas... do you and Circle have a burgmuller-contest going that us others havent heard about?? Laughing

Hehe Smile Yeah Smile Now you know, so now you have to post as well right? Wink

Circle_of_Fists wrote:Good job with that one. Very Happy

The part that gave me the most problem was the 32123 sequences on the left hand. I don't know why. Those are the 3 strongest fingers, but it always gave me a problem!

If you like the Arabesque, you should also look at "Progress" which is also nice by Burgmuller. I've got that one on the queue to record (in about 3 weeks). Very Happy

I actually had some minor issues with it as well, seams like I haven't challenged my 3,4, and 5th lefthand fingers enough, cause they didnt want to play the 5scale near the end when I starterd to learn it Razz hehe

MysteriousGgirl wrote:really nice playing..Very Happy

Thank you Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Calm down, relax and just let yourself dive into 4min of serenity Smile
The images used in this video is all taken by a talented artist named: Christine Mysen
I have been given the right to use here copyrighted pictures, to assist my Improvisation Smile

Serenity in images and music - Piano & Strings

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:09 am

I WILL say ..just beautiful thomas Smile very well written and played Smile..loved it very calming and sweet

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Circle_of_Fists Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:26 am

Very nice to watch and listen to. Both arts compliment each other nicely. Very Happy
Circle_of_Fists
Circle_of_Fists
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next