Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew's Performances (go to the last page to find the newest videos)

+10
Biko
Amro
g0tfish
Phobik2000
pianohama
VictorCS
maggiekedves
Thomandy
Casyopea
Admin Andrew
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Andrew's Performances (go to the last page to find the newest videos) Empty Andrew's Performances (go to the last page to find the newest videos)

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 am

I thought I'd start this new category off! Although, I'm sure most of you have probably seen my performances already hey? lol Ah well maybe you haven't?

Here's my OLDEST performance, digging WAY way back into a time long ago when i was in grade 8 piano. My brother told me to be as crazy as possible, and since I was on a sugar/chocolate high, i listened and this was the result!

Last edited by Admin Andrew on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Andrew's Performances (go to the last page to find the newest videos) Empty Re: Andrew's Performances (go to the last page to find the newest videos)

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:31 am

Another performance

On a laptop webcam, so the sound in it is sort of deciving...it sounds like i'm playing REALLY REALLY loud. My FF's sound like FFFF and my PP sounds like MF

Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Andrew's Performances (go to the last page to find the newest videos) Empty Re: Andrew's Performances (go to the last page to find the newest videos)

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:33 am

The next one is wonderful! I love this song actually...It's probably one of the very few 20th century pieces i like:)

Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:34 am

If you'd like to see more of my performances ^_^ you can just go to this link...My performances!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casyopea Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:02 pm

clap clap clap and bow

where's your smoking suit and bow tie?

and ... where's my chocolate? If that were the secret of your great playing... by now I should be recording in a studio LOL

Chocolate ROCKS!!! I love you
Casyopea
Casyopea
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 102
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://es.youtube.com/user/casyopea1977

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:42 am

Casyopea wrote:clap clap clap and bow

where's your smoking suit and bow tie?

and ... where's my chocolate? If that were the secret of your great playing... by now I should be recording in a studio LOL

Chocolate ROCKS!!! I love you

lol chocolate isn't the secret to great playing! It just give you the energy needed to do embaressing things Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:46 am

Really well played Smile Like it alot. Smile Guess it takes a lot of effort, and quite som diciplin Smile So its a great achevement what you have done sunny
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 am

Here's a few more videos I just finished last night. All this posting on the forum inspired me to record a few easy songs that wouldn't take any work at all to do!

The first one here is Duet for One ^_^

Last edited by Admin Andrew on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:23 am

The next one here is Song of Twilight ^_^ If you check out the video discription on youtube it'll talk a bit more about it.

Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:29 am

Here's My first ever Improvisation as well, I just hit record and did whatever came to me. It wasn't exactly as good as I would've hoped but let me know what you guys think. geek

Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:40 am

In the intro I sat there, waching you hit thos two keys over and over, and thinking
- Aaaah, it sure is tru you never improvised lol!

But of course I knew that it was just the start of your grand intro, witch turned out really Grand Very Happy Damn! Smile And the end in the same spirit, thats awsome Smile

And Then the fun can begin. I liked it alot Smile Can defenently see that you are a Very skilled pianoplayer. And the way you move around the piano is great to look at Smile Good performance! =) But as you say its a new field for you, to improvise.

One guy that is Really good at improvising, is this guy. Take a look if you wish Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXsRFbBZ9ek
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:17 pm

[quote="Admin Andrew"]Here's a few more videos I just finished last night. All this posting on the forum inspired me to record a few easy songs that wouldn't take any work at all to do!

The first one here is Duet for One ^_^
I really liked it Smile Can I have the sheet music for that? Very Happy Im collecting nice and easy piece ( and many more lol! )

I am probably little tired... but I did not exactly understood when you tried to explain the duet hand part. Sorry.
I hope that if I watch it again I will be enlighted Smile
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:18 pm

That improw actually sounded quite Egyptian at the start before you really take the rage out, blaming the piano ( poor piano, that must hurt ).

At 3:30 I get the Egyptian feel again.

I definitly think you shall improvise more, not because you're bad, because you're good.
Would love to see more improws from you... I really like that angry part.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:23 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Here's My first ever Improvisation as well, I just hit record and did whatever came to me. It wasn't exactly as good as I would've hoped but let me know what you guys think. geek

There was only one thing in my mind when you challanged yourself... Im not exactly sure how other play these improvizations but if I think correctly they create a song as an improvization and then play it a couple of times to create an actual song... but you went right to recording... so that is a huge courage, I think that makes it a lot harder.

The first part like Thomas said was interesting with the 2 notes but then you went right to strong emotional, powerful playing WOOOOW. I liked how you created a kind of symmetry with repeating a part from this forte part at the end making a frame to your improv.
No doubt you know your piano Very Happy Thanks for creating this for us cheers
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:03 pm

VictorCS wrote:That improw actually sounded quite Egyptian at the start before you really take the rage out, blaming the piano ( poor piano, that must hurt ).

At 3:30 I get the Egyptian feel again.

I definitly think you shall improvise more, not because you're bad, because you're good.
Would love to see more improws from you... I really like that angry part.

Hey! I'm glad you liked it ^_^ Maybe I'll do more in the future! It was pretty fun actually ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:07 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
There was only one thing in my mind when you challanged yourself... Im not exactly sure how other play these improvizations but if I think correctly they create a song as an improvization and then play it a couple of times to create an actual song... but you went right to recording... so that is a huge courage, I think that makes it a lot harder.

The first part like Thomas said was interesting with the 2 notes but then you went right to strong emotional, powerful playing WOOOOW. I liked how you created a kind of symmetry with repeating a part from this forte part at the end making a frame to your improv.
No doubt you know your piano Very Happy Thanks for creating this for us cheers

Wow! what a detailed breakdown you've given me!! Thanks SOO much ^_^ It's encouraging to hear those words as I think I suck at improvising! I'm really glad you liked it! I was a bit nervous when I decided I was going to try! But i'm glad I did it now
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:

Wow! what a detailed breakdown you've given me!! Thanks SOO much ^_^ It's encouraging to hear those words as I think I suck at improvising! I'm really glad you liked it! I was a bit nervous when I decided I was going to try! But i'm glad I did it now

Just like I told you... practising before must be the key. I bet if you would play a little improvization before and you would get the idea what you would like to play and how it would sound, your improvization would be more organized so you could accept it. I know your experiences with perfect pieces make you feel like yours what not perfect or something like that... but you have the skills to blow away lot of amateur improvs. cheers

And we are sure glad you did post it
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:

Just like I told you... practising before must be the key. I bet if you would play a little improvization before and you would get the idea what you would like to play and how it would sound, your improvization would be more organized so you could accept it. I know your experiences with perfect pieces make you feel like yours what not perfect or something like that... but you have the skills to blow away lot of amateur improvs. cheers

And we are sure glad you did post it

aww thank you! ^_^ I think I'll try more in the future! thank you for the encouragment i'm really glad people like it
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casyopea Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Great! I really loved your improv. What I really like about improvising in general is not just how it might sound, but the great feeling of freedom you get when you set to it, and those favourite chunks that just click in your head and heart and can become the main motif of a new tune. And that Song of Twilight... just got to get that score!!!

Smile

Thanks a lot!
Casyopea
Casyopea
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://es.youtube.com/user/casyopea1977

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:03 pm

So am I the only one thats not so interested in improvising??
I guess I want to be really good first, so that when I improvise, I can actually create somthing Razz Now when i try its BORING and of key, unsless I just stick to one key :s
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:31 pm

Holy! That was nice Andrew Very Happy The part where you bashed the piano egyptian style was awesome! =}
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:17 am

I've just watched the video on youtube and left a little comment, but thought I'd elaborate further here.

First of, I must say that while this was very well executed, it was not improvisation...it was Real-Time Composing! Shocked

I'll proceed to explain my point of view. Like maggie mentioned, and you Andrew also mention in the beggining, you have always "simply" played elaborate pieces, someone else toke the effort creating once, through your entire piano life. So everytime you sat at the piano (excluding exercising) you always had, not only a well defined goal to achieve, but also aid in the form of a sheet paper telling the path you needed to follow to achieve such goal.

Therefore, you are unfamiliar with the sitting at the piano without this goal and aid. And when you did, staring at the piano keys, suddently it's like a void, infinity of space, with nothing within reach for those few seconds...so then you dare, you hit a key, like taking a baby step into the emptyness, as if a proof of faith [1], and as you progress, time and space begin to warp, and you start to create your own road into the vastitude of space, with no limits but your imagination[2]!

And so it was, a bold try, and quite sucessful one. Of course, besides all the etheral narration above, there are tangible aspects one could comment. What a Face

Like the two-key hitting mentioned already, and how you try to create a motif and the way you came back to it at the end, which I believe, are all related to what I've already mentioned above regarding your piano lifetime piece playing and lack of improv habits.

Hence my saying it was not a improv, but a composition, because, I believe that was what you where trying to do, throughout the whole play, to conceive a piece in real-time, that sounded good, using your knowledge and technical proficiency Smile

I think that improv is possible quite related to the blues/jazz genre, also being possible to add it to other genres, like pop/rock, where one can deliberatly elaborate randomly in a song part, while still maintaining some kind of central reference to the song's theme.

Just don't be afraid of the piano Andrew[3]! Very Happy

My 2(long)cents

Also, refeering to something maggie said about pre-practising until you come up with "something" to work with, that's really also composing! Wink

[1]-See Indiana Jones and The Holy Graal movie, near the end where one needs to leap into an abysm! affraid
[2]-And stamina Razz
[3]-Here it looks like I'm the expert giving piano advice to the novice hehe geek
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 am

so yea.. improvising.. this is... way out of my league.. actually everything is.. so i will just sit in my corner and just watch these vids.. my knowledge is not good enof to suggest anything.. so hurrah hurrah gj Andrew Razz
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Currently unemployed, Car/mechanic, piano, sleeping and eating
Length of time playing piano : owned a keyboard since little with no experience until now
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:58 am

g0tfish wrote:so yea.. improvising.. this is... way out of my league.. actually everything is.. so i will just sit in my corner and just watch these vids.. my knowledge is not good enof to suggest anything.. so hurrah hurrah gj Andrew Razz

Hey no worries Smile you don't need to suggest anything, just a simple pat on the back is great!!! Very Happy We're all here to learn Smile You might not think so, but I've learned stuff from being here on the forum, I've learned practise habits of people i've learned different personalities and where people are at, and what they think of my lessons, also what would be valuable to them. I'm really happy I decided to have a forum! ^_^ My point is, we all learn from eachother Smile that's what a community does Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:32 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
g0tfish wrote:so yea.. improvising.. this is... way out of my league.. actually everything is.. so i will just sit in my corner and just watch these vids.. my knowledge is not good enof to suggest anything.. so hurrah hurrah gj Andrew Razz

Hey no worries Smile you don't need to suggest anything, just a simple pat on the back is great!!! Very Happy We're all here to learn Smile You might not think so, but I've learned stuff from being here on the forum, I've learned practise habits of people i've learned different personalities and where people are at, and what they think of my lessons, also what would be valuable to them. I'm really happy I decided to have a forum! ^_^ My point is, we all learn from eachother Smile that's what a community does Very Happy

Well put Andrew Smile We all learn something from eachother. But it must be said, that you are the one teaching away most of the knowledge around here Very Happy And I hope you see how many people you satiesfie* This forum has become the main source for my motivation to practice even harder. And constuctive critic that I wouldnt have gotten elsewhere. Its just Perfect, everything Smile

From one thing to another, you said you had to get of your lazy a** and start learning Chopins; Fantasy!
So I guess that will be the next performance you post??????? Yeah, com on, you are to fond of sleep. Get on with it, we'll cheers for you Like a Star @ heaven
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next