Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 31 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Kelly Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:39 pm

I couldn't have spent my time doing anything better than watching and reading this topic, although I didn't read absolutely every post.

Amazing performances can be accomplished by anyone with lots of practice and dedication; but amazing performances fulfilled in less than a year and with such great reputation is more than only much practice and dedication, it's a gift. Gifted hands, Thomas, you might not have the best voice, but your fingers ''sound'' way better than many voices I've heard.

I'm truly amazed and inspired by your playing; like Andrew said on one of his posts, you're going to be very famous one day, or better, you're on the way to being world-widely known. I'm proud of your work. (:

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 31 2431486ouw57e0825
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 31 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Kelly wrote:I couldn't have spent my time doing anything better than watching and reading this topic, although I didn't read absolutely every post.

Amazing performances can be accomplished by anyone with lots of practice and dedication; but amazing performances fulfilled in less than a year and with such great reputation is more than only much practice and dedication, it's a gift. Gifted hands, Thomas, you might not have the best voice, but your fingers ''sound'' way better than many voices I've heard.

I'm truly amazed and inspired by your playing; like Andrew said on one of his posts, you're going to be very famous one day, or better, you're on the way to being world-widely known. I'm proud of your work. (:

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 31 2431486ouw57e0825

Hi, Im glad to hear what you say Smile .. not the best voice? hehe, you mean the sound of my Voice or my English Accent?? Smile
Thanks for you kind words!!

Piece I wrote in about 20min, a month a go, for the Ocarina Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Thomandy wrote:Not the best voice? hehe, you mean the sound of my Voice or my English Accent?? Smile

No, your accent's nice. (: I meant when you played around on one of your videos trying to sing and then said: ''that's why I chose to play piano and not sing'', or something like that. Razz

That was a very pleasant video, I needed to listen to something relaxing, you just saved me from suicide. lol I'm just kidding, but it released me from some of my tension.

I don't even have to say it was really well played, I'm sure you're aware of that. (;
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Kelly wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Not the best voice? hehe, you mean the sound of my Voice or my English Accent?? Smile

No, your accent's nice. (: I meant when you played around on one of your videos trying to sing and then said: ''that's why I chose to play piano and not sing'', or something like that. Razz

That was a very pleasant video, I needed to listen to something relaxing, you just saved me from suicide. lol I'm just kidding, but it released me from some of my tension.

I don't even have to say it was really well played, I'm sure you're aware of that. (;

Aaaah, hehe Smile Okay, then Im with you! Glad it could release some tension! Smile And thanks again!!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Nina's Flute - Original

This Composition was created this summer. I asked Nina Perlove(Link to her channel further down) if she where interested to play a piece on the flute, if I where to compose one, and she said yes! So thanks to here for giving me this opportunity!

Also a special thanks to Philip Wilcher for giving me feedback during the process as well! Smile

Ninaflute's Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ninaflute

The Piece:
I tried to create a lyrical piece, with different focus on pattern and harmony in the piano part, than what Im used to perhaps.. I also tried to create some counterpoint, in the middle section. The flute later repeats a variation of the piano part as well in this section. Im not sure what more to say, but I hope you like it, and go visit https://www.youtube.com/user/ninaflute to listen to some more flute! Smile

Ps: I managed to write wrong notes in 3 bars, you might hear it at 2:20 - 2:25,,,
Thought Id let you guys know. The notes should be One Single Note up the Scale! Sad ..my bad!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm

What can I say, you're freakin' amazing, Thomas. As to your little miswritten notes there, you shouldn't worry about those, besides every good composer makes mistakes, nothing to be ashamed of at all.

I really like how the transverse flute sounds with the piano, they really go good together. My best friend plays the flute and she can play about anything by ear, so whenever I'm at her house I have to ask her to play something and it's just incredible and beautiful.

I haven't had all that much time to watch your other videos on youtube, but I'll save some time to do so this weekend.

Yes, I'll always be very proud of your work. (;

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 31 1054951qu82go0d40
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Kelly wrote:What can I say, you're freakin' amazing, Thomas. As to your little miswritten notes there, you shouldn't worry about those, besides every good composer makes mistakes, nothing to be ashamed of at all.

I really like how the transverse flute sounds with the piano, they really go good together. My best friend plays the flute and she can play about anything by ear, so whenever I'm at her house I have to ask her to play something and it's just incredible and beautiful.

I haven't had all that much time to watch your other videos on youtube, but I'll save some time to do so this weekend.

Yes, I'll always be very proud of your work. (;

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 31 1054951qu82go0d40

Hehe, thanks!! Smile ..yes, but its so unnecessary to write the wrong notes in the sheets :p ..I need to look things over better next time!

Im glad you like my videos!! There are lots of different things, hopefully the Q have gotten better over time^^
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:02 pm

You should experience bragging yourself a little bit more, Thomas. Razz At least you're aware of your ''errors''; yes, you should avoid them, but those mistakes makes you human, and a little lazy too, lol, but you rock either way. Wink
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Kelly wrote:You should experience bragging yourself a little bit more, Thomas. Razz At least you're aware of your ''errors''; yes, you should avoid them, but those mistakes makes you human, and a little lazy too, lol, but you rock either way. Wink

Yes Smile That is true!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:57 am

Mozart Sonata in C

hope you enjoy it!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenna Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 pm

I really love that Mozart Sonata and enjoyed listening to your playing. Well done Thomas.
Lorenna
Lorenna
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : Physics and Martial Arts
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:37 pm

I see you've been busy, 3-4 months since the last video was posted geek

Impressive sonata playing there, looked like two spiders have a conversation with eachother. Who knows what Mozart was thinking about when he composed this, but it was probably spiders Razz
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:57 am

Lorenna wrote:I really love that Mozart Sonata and enjoyed listening to your playing. Well done Thomas.

Hi there! Im glad you liked it!Smile

VictorCS wrote:I see you've been busy, 3-4 months since the last video was posted geek

Impressive sonata playing there, looked like two spiders have a conversation with eachother. Who knows what Mozart was thinking about when he composed this, but it was probably spiders Razz

Well, I have been putting up some videos on youtube! Smile Yes, probalby spiders!Wink hehe ..tnx btw!**
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:30 pm

Chopin Prelude in Eminor Op28 No4

About the Video: This famous prelude in E minor is among my favorite pieces in this genre. And this is my first recording of it. I think I will try to record it at least one more time for Youtube with my regular piano sound - This is Grand2, and I do think it fits this piece better than my regular sound(piano1)...

Im almost very happy with this recording:) hehe - but yes, I think I manage to do it some justice, but still I feel there are minor parts here and there, that I should have played differently and/or better. Thats also one of the reasons I feel I need to record it at least one more time, later on.
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Hello!

Good job! But still a lot of work to do on this one. Classical music is tough...

Now I know it is very tempting to do a lot of rubato in this piece because it seems immediately very emotional when one plays it. But you should think about when and how to do it. There is a major problem in big tempo variations in this piece: the melody is doing very long bows, which could be broken or interrupted by the rubato if you don't take care. Chopin repeatedly said that this was the worst thing that could happen to his music; let's not be so dramatic, but nevertheless, you should play it with this fact in mind. You accelerate and slow down on every single measure, which makes it sound like many little sighs, and not one big cry of pain.

For now, your harmonic understanding is far better than the melodic one. This particular prelude is very subtle as far as melody goes, and for example the short section with the solo voice (measure 12) should really flow like a single line (you interrupt it after the "g" and after the high "d", which sounds a bit random; try to use the indications of the score: Chopin places his accent on "c", the dominant 9th, and his accents reportedly mean that the note should be more intensive (not necessarily louder, but maybe a bit longer): by changing the articulation you steal the tension and the phrase loses intensity).

On measure 19 - 20 you slow down too soon, Chopin writes "smorz" only at the end of bar 21, and I do believe that you should save it for the end Wink Trust Chopin!

If you want to really improve your understanding of the piece, however, I recommend you highly to find an acoustic piano to practice on, and to record it on.

Keep up the good work! Wink
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Male Number of posts : 204
Job/hobbies : Fencing, Table Tennis
Length of time playing piano : About 15 years
Guru Points : 25
Registration date : 2009-09-08

https://www.youtube.com/matthieustepec

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi, thanks for the feedback! I have listened to many recordings of this piece, and it varies a lot actually. Would you recomend one for me that you feel show what you talk about? I do understand what you mean, but its even better if there is a "answer" to listen to! Smile

Nice of you to give me such feedback, and I will take it with me!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 pm

Chopin Prelude in Eminor Op28 No4 . second recording

Btw: Here is the new recording! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair123 Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Try this version while reading along with the score - My favorite interpretation :}

Alistair123
Alistair123
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 131
Job/hobbies : Movies&Music!! Wildlife
Length of time playing piano : 09-July
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:44 am

Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01, Allegretto

Very little known piece by Liszt. I did want to try something new, and different so I decided to find a piece I had not seen here on youtube. Then I got the chance to interpret it without any pre-knowledge. Trusting my self and the sheets. It was Hard, and I did do a couple of mistakes, but I think its hard or anyone who dont know the piece very well to notice them... hopefully Smile

I think as many other pieces by Liszt, this offers some rhythmical changes, some explosiveness and strange dissonant harmonies. Still I hope you like it! Smile

One other thing, I think Im not playing the octaves and the chromatic scaled parts fast enough, but Ill keep working on that Smile

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:46 am

That was interesting. Has to be a great feeling to play something you dont really know how "should" sound.

I did notice some key you bumped into, but as you say, it's hard. To me it seems hard, all these huge jumps and huge dynamic jumps. I think it sounded quite good tho.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:23 am

I can't find anything about this piece... Are you sure it is by Liszt and it is the correct title? Where did you find it?
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:57 pm

VictorCS wrote:That was interesting. Has to be a great feeling to play something you dont really know how "should" sound.

I did notice some key you bumped into, but as you say, it's hard. To me it seems hard, all these huge jumps and huge dynamic jumps. I think it sounded quite good tho.

Yes, but Im not sure if I interpret it correctly Wink

Matthieu Stepec wrote:I can't find anything about this piece... Are you sure it is by Liszt and it is the correct title? Where did you find it?

I think its not the correct title. A friend of my pointed out that Liszt didnt have anything in this title..
What did you think of the piece? Its a bit unusual by liszt I guess, but he is crazy in some of his compositions if Im not mistaken??
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:40 am

I think that it belongs to the contemplative, philosophical pieces of Liszt. Liszt wasn't crazy, but he wrote some very experimental pieces. They are very hard to play as one easily gets lost in their structure, and they seem to go nowhere. I'd really like to see the score of this one! Can you provide a link to it? Or maybe some other informations? Yesterday I was giving a lesson about Liszt's 6th consolation; my student had problems similar to the ones that seem to occur in this piece. I think I might help improving the interpretation of it! Smile
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 am

VictorCS wrote:That was interesting. Has to be a great feeling to play something you dont really know how "should" sound.

Thanks for believing in me - But look at the date It was posted Victore! Smile Glad you liked it though!

Matthieu Stepec wrote:I think that it belongs to the contemplative, philosophical pieces of Liszt. Liszt wasn't crazy, but he wrote some very experimental pieces. They are very hard to play as one easily gets lost in their structure, and they seem to go nowhere. I'd really like to see the score of this one! Can you provide a link to it? Or maybe some other informations? Yesterday I was giving a lesson about Liszt's 6th consolation; my student had problems similar to the ones that seem to occur in this piece. I think I might help improving the interpretation of it! Smile

Yes, I know he wasnt crazy, besides for women after what I have read Smile But Im sorry, I cant provide sheets, since its me improvising with some Lisztish things put into the mix, it was on 1 April, so it was my way of create an April fools video on my channel. Sorry if i misled you! But I had to follow up on the comment you made, and I see you answer a week later, so it was hard to spot the date And think of it as a 1.April Joke!

Hope your student manages though!Smile Liszt Consolations are very beautiful ended!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Oh, I didnt spot that, but after i listened to this, I actually listened to some other Liszt stuff, and I could hear some similarities, so I see where the inspiration came from ^_^

Nice improvisation tho Smile
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next