Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your favourite Piano compositions?

+61
nescentes
ZoologyGirl
Marlyn
Stride Piano
Alistair123
Matthieu Stepec
KeyboardGal
Phenyxx
LauraaRose
jazzylady
RinoaGriever
Katarzyna
Dibalias
ROBIN
aendym
Elishia
Klavier
zielarz999
The-Zeronaut
Piano_Mangaka
Lanxil
endre
Kentz
Ermijo
SinkingHigher
daany
lunazul
Ursula Spots
Pianokid220
Sable_smiles
Aigle
Dr.Avery
Bbarn3
pianoless
Aritus
leonard
Benoit
The Royal Nobody
Biko
Fryderyk
TheGirl
harmony
Sepheron
Angela
moonlight21
Marnex
Victor V.
Shouji
maggiekedves
Phi
pianohama
JediMaster
Swift
CripKilla
Adelbert0923
truetothis
Thomandy
Dalirus
Admin Andrew
VictorCS
Jordan
65 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What are your favourite Piano compositions? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your favourite Piano compositions?

Post by moonlight21 Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:24 pm

thomandy wrote:
moonlight21 wrote:hm.. my favorite piano pieces Very Happy

1. Polonaise by Chopin
2. Canon in D by Pachebel
3. Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement by Beethoven
4. Fur Elise by Beethoven
5. Revolutionary Etude by Chopin

there.. Very Happy

Great favorites Wink

hehe. thanks! sunny
moonlight21
moonlight21
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : 4th year high school student/reading books and listening to music
Length of time playing piano : just started.. :)
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite Piano compositions? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your favourite Piano compositions?

Post by Angela Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:37 am

maggiekedves wrote:I cant really set an order

Chopin Nocturne in B flat minor and many other Chopin compositions

Liszt Hungarian Raphsody #2
Liszt La campanella
Liszt Liebestraume 3

Pachebel Canon

Bach Menuet in G major
Bach Jesu Joy of Man Desiring

E Grieg Peer Gynt, Morgendämmerung

Dvorak Largo New World Symphony

Michael Nyman - The heart asks the pleasure first

Johannes Brahms- Hungarian dances No 1 in g minor (thats actually not piano)

You like La Campanella?? SWEEEET! I played that before! No one was really interested in teaching it to me, so I learned most of it on my own! It's SOOOO pretty! You have many favourite pieces! Let's seeeeeee.... what are MINE??? Ah!
1.) Moonlight sonata by Beethoven (the whole kitten kaboodle!)
2.) Toccata and Fugue in d minor by Bach- Busoni
3.) Fantasie in C major by Robert Schumann
4.) Brahms concerto in in d minor
5.) Venetian boat song by Mendelssohn (hmmm, Andrew dear??)
6.) English Suite in g minor by J. S Bach
7.) Appassionata by Beethoven
8.) Sonata op.78 by Beethoven
9.) Scherzo in c# minor by Chopin
10.) Miroirs by Maurice Ravel (he's not french, he's BASQUE! Isn't that SO cool!)
11.) Barcarolle op.60 by Chopin
12.) (The) Moldau by Smetana (AMAZING orchestra piece!)

Anywho I could go on forever but those are some of the pieces I love!!!! The Venetian boat song is a simpler piece but absolutely STUNNING! It's about a gr.7 level alien. And the Barcarolle by Chopin is also amazing. I'd DEFINITELY recommend giving that a listen!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 am

That was many favorites. Im going to check some of them out! Smile
I also hold Moonlight Sonata very high! Smile
But M2 is like just another song. but M1 and M3 Is Awsome! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Thomandy wrote:That was many favorites. Im going to check some of them out! Smile
I also hold Moonlight Sonata very high! Smile
But M2 is like just another song. but M1 and M3 Is Awsome! Smile

Yeah it sure IS a lot of favourites! And that isn't even ALL of them!!!! haha! Yeah Moonlight sonata was my first complete sonata I learned. Yeah the third movement is crazy awesome and the second is beautiful too! it's harder than it looks! By the way, were you the one who wanted to learn Turkish March by Mozart?? I just remembered I have a simplified version buried beneath all my other books here. I think it's about a gr.2 or 3 level. It's fun! even I like to play that version! hahaha! affraid

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:15 pm

hmm... why do you say a hand span of a 9 keys is a small hand? confused

I can reach a 10th with some effort gets a little hard to play fast 10th... and i consider that i have a somewhat big handspan... it's not like you need to be a giant to play music, you know? ^^;

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 42
Job/hobbies : Master in Electronic Engineer - getting a Doctor degree / Play piano
Length of time playing piano : I don't really know. I've been on and off constantly, but quite a few years for sure!
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.esnips.com/user/sepheron

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:38 am

Yup, its a great thing. I read somewhere that everything you learn, at least almost everything, before you are 20 years olsd sticks really great. To bad I started at 23 Razz hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:41 am

right now it is Comptine d'Un Autre Été composed by Yann Tierson
harmony
harmony
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 22
Job/hobbies : playing piano and violin and listening to music
Length of time playing piano : About six months?
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:16 pm

Aaah =) I see Wink Hehe..

But yeah, be carefull. I dont know how long you practice every day?? But I guess you used some houres on that 30min piece?
I found way down on this page:

http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/sheetmusic.php?franchise=TheLegendofZelda

Under; The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Filename: GRA-A-NDMA

I guess this is a song you can sightread pretty easy? Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Angela wrote:
Yep! I'm watching for your next performance!!!! That's good that your memory is getting better:) You sound like you are getting FASTER at learning pieces too which is ALSO very good!!! I mean recording a new piece after only learning it for 1-2 hours!? AAAAAAA! Yeah I know what you mean about perfecting small details!! I do that too! If something just DOESN'T sound right, I start over until I get EXACTLY what I want. That's impressive that you are already doing that NOW! Soooo, you are thinking of learning the fantasie impromptu before Xmas?? affraid Aaaaa! Now THAT'S a little soon! Holy geez you're one ambitious guy!!! hahaha! Hmmmmm....... bounce ...... OK like don't do THAT!!! but if you ever DO try to play around with it, it would be interesting for me and Andrew to see what you've done. Then we can both help you out in some way. Anyways, I'm watching for your next performance! And remember: NO OVER DOING ANYTHING!!!!!!! tongue

Yeah Smile Hope to get it done soon Smile That would be fun. But Ill wait until im ready and got good time. Planing on putting abit of work into the creation aswell Smile Yeah, Its nice to sit and learn for a short time when I used maby 2-3 and 4 weeks on learning these kinds of pieces in the beginning, I got them down within 2-3 days Smile I am glad that has happened, couse then I can learn more songs Very Happy

Yeah, you do that to hey? I guess I knew that. Smile Its all about the details. On thing many said when I asked about the ups and downs with a teacher, was that a good teacher Makes you perfect the pieces. So Why not just make me myselfe Wink hehe

Hehe, well It was just a joke Wink .... I think Wink haha
But yeah, I could do a practicevid to show you guys, that would be awesome.. If I start it.
Its a fast litte thing that Fantasy. Ill keep that in mind. Wont overdo anything Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:That's good that you are able to work on your own to perfect pieces. That shows you are being more independent! At the university level, that's practically EXPECTED of us! Even though we still have a teacher to guide us, we still have to learn to figure things out on our own as well:) Yeah the Fantasie IS fast! I tried it a few minutes ago and it does go pretty fast!!!! But I find if you just DON'T play TOO loudly, it's easier to get through and less stressful. And being able to learn pieces QUICKLY is a good skill because THEN you can focus more on the finer details instead of being hung up on NOTES all the time! Oh and speaking of learning pieces quicker, I can ACTUALLY get through my Brahms d minor concerto in ONE day now!! hahaha! Awesomeness! I LOVE brahms!!!! Do you like any Liszt pieces?

Yeah Smile Well, its like that on evere universaty i think, if its piano or history it doesnt matter really. You got to show independency. That is a important skill to learn generally in life. In the norwegian reform, from highschool and up, it written somthing like this: "Responsebility for own learning" Smile

Mhm, fast is fun Smile hehehe Im looking forward to that day where I can learn these hard pieces quickly Wink
That will be a great day, hehe

Ah, That very good Very Happy So are you performing this piece or did you just want to learn it because you felt like it?

Well, im not that familiar with Liszt yet. But of course: la campanella, hungarian rhapsody, Liebestraum are ex of three great pieces. Im not into the "less popular" pieces yet. Its harder to find them since my source is youtube Smile

ah ok!!! Well I used to play La Campanella and it is STUNNING! Hungarian Rhapsody? I'm assuming you mean Hungarian Rhapsody no.2? That really famour one? I never played that but I love it too! Have you ever heard Hungarian Rhapsody no.12? I saw an awesome vid or Van Cliburn play it on YouTube. And Liebestraume is also beautiful. I think that piece is in gr.10? At least that's what it was the last time I checked!!! lol! Razz So it might actually be one of Liszt's "less hard" pieces! As for the Brahms d minor concerto 1st movement? I am planning to perform it SOMEWHERE if I can find an occasion to actually play it AT. AAAH! it is so beautiful! Even romantic flower ! And as for learning hard pieces quickly, that will happen!!! Of course keep learning new pieces so you can develop that SKILL of learning:) And if you can find patterns happening in your music, that is a great help too!!!! But with PATTERNS, make sure you learn the particular pattern CORRECTLY or else you might learn a whole section of something wrong affraid . I guess it's possible. I've done it! haha! Anyways, here's a funny version of the hungarian rhapsody no.2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTlWMRf4Hjs and here's another hungarian rhapsody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzM8IDp-isA This one is also beautiful. Very gypsy-ish!!!!! This one is hungarian rhapsody no.12 (I played this one before!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqA2E5D0lI Anyways, have fun with those What a Face

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite Piano compositions? - Page 2 Empty Newbie Pianoist

Post by TheGirl Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:40 am

Well I don't know a whole lot about classical music, but so far I really like-

Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt.
Fur Elise
Canon

Hearing Canon was what got me start up piano again, well and Andrew, my youtube teacher- he can be inspiring Smile

& one of my fav. songs, "Runaway" -The Corrs
I will def. learn this one one day
TheGirl
TheGirl

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:49 am

TheGirl wrote:Well I don't know a whole lot about classical music, but so far I really like-

Fur Elise
Canon

Awesome favorites Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:51 am

TheGirl wrote:Well I don't know a whole lot about classical music, but so far I really like-

Fur Elise
Canon

Hearing Canon was what got me start up piano again, well and Andrew, my youtube teacher- he can be inspiring Smile

& one of my fav. songs, "Runaway" -The Corrs
I will def. learn this one one day

Moonlight sonata and Fur Elise seem to be popular pieces!!! Have you heard the whole moonlight sonata??? Oh and Canon? So you mean the Pachabel Canon in d major?? Here's another beethoven piece played by Wilhelm Kempff. It is BEAUTIFUL! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjD-DQ5REk

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Angela wrote: Here's another beethoven piece played by Wilhelm Kempff. It is BEAUTIFUL! https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/LfjD-DQ5REk
Wow yeah! Very Happy Kempff is the best Beethoven performer in my opinion Exclamation
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:06 pm

CripKilla wrote:
Angela wrote: Here's another beethoven piece played by Wilhelm Kempff. It is BEAUTIFUL! https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/LfjD-DQ5REk
Wow yeah! Very Happy Kempff is the best Beethoven performer in my opinion Exclamation

Yup, you are probably right Crip Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:27 am

From seeing some of the posts, Bach seems to be a favourite baroque composer to many:) Has anyone heard of Scarlatti? He was a baroque composer who also wrote some beautiful music. He has written MANY sonatas! Like.... hmmmm.... over 500?? I kid you not! Here's some of his music played by the AMAZING Horowitz!!! ENJOY!!!!! cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUunFr7vQks&feature=PlayList&p=1F2A203E78176181&index=1

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Sounds so great!
But I got a question: in baroque time, there was not Piano, it was Harpsichord..?
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:25 pm

CripKilla wrote:Sounds so great!
But I got a question: in baroque time, there was not Piano, it was Harpsichord..?

Nah... There where both! Smile But there was no pedal on the pianos, and the strings would often snap...
Thats why the notes are so "fast"
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:28 pm

Ah! OK! Smile
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:17 am

CripKilla wrote:Sounds so great!

Hi Cripkilla!!!! Yeah harpsichord was used a lot in the baroque era. The piano was there too but it wasn't as developped as the ones are today:)

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:22 pm

ok! Smile
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:52 pm

CripKilla wrote:ok! Smile

Hehe Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 am

Just to put more SCARLATTI out there, here's another one of his 500+ sonatas!!!! This sonata is called Sonata in b minor op.449. It's played by the italian pianist Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli. He is also very brilliant!!!! Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXHUIpNCu2k&feature=PlayList&p=1F2A203E78176181&index=0

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:18 pm

Now HERE'S an amazing recording! It's a Bach concerto for THREE harpsichords!!!!! Hope you enjoy this! I'm listening to it for the 4th time in a ROW!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiU8xQGr1yU&feature=related

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:19 pm

Angela wrote:Now HERE'S an amazing recording! It's a Bach concerto for THREE harpsichords!!!!! Hope you enjoy this! I'm listening to it for the 4th time in a ROW!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiU8xQGr1yU&feature=related

Awesome Very Happy Didnt really know that harpsicord could sound that good. I got it on my digital piano, but I havnt really tryed it out... *Running to my piano* bounce
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next