Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought about something to exersize your composition skills

2 posters

Go down

I thought about something to exersize your composition skills Empty I thought about something to exersize your composition skills

Post by kentaku_sama Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:01 pm

SInce a composition is extravagent beautiful piece of music(in some cases not XD) It has a beginning middle and end. Instead of creating a huge piece of music from the start(unless your mozart) You could create comps that were no longer that 15-30 seconds and slowly lenghten them using other pieces as reference, studying relationship of chords with melody, and adding other elements. This way compsing a big piece of music would be much more fun and simple to do if you've had some ground work with smaller songs. YOu could add lyrics as well if you want to. And It dosen't have to be lame! It just has to short. You could have a 10 second song of complicated blues patterns or something. WOuld this improve your abilty at composition?
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 155
Job/hobbies : Manga, Drawing, Music, Japanese Language
Length of time playing piano : 3 or 4 years seriously
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

I thought about something to exersize your composition skills Empty Re: I thought about something to exersize your composition skills

Post by pianohama Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:18 pm

kentaku_sama wrote:SInce a composition is extravagent beautiful piece of music(in some cases not XD) It has a beginning middle and end. Instead of creating a huge piece of music from the start(unless your mozart) You could create comps that were no longer that 15-30 seconds and slowly lenghten them using other pieces as reference, studying relationship of chords with melody, and adding other elements. This way compsing a big piece of music would be much more fun and simple to do if you've had some ground work with smaller songs. YOu could add lyrics as well if you want to. And It dosen't have to be lame! It just has to short. You could have a 10 second song of complicated blues patterns or something. WOuld this improve your abilty at composition?

That's the technique I use for my fruity loops songs =) worked out pretty well for me so far =) I recommend it
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down