Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What songs are you currently learning?

+82
Matthieu Stepec
jis
Kjetil
jaquadro
Ermijo
pathetic_pianist
Circle_of_Fists
sourstripe
aendym
Klavier
ROBIN
Lanxil
theWarden
klixonnylle
frank
juniorandrew xD
JoshQ
goodell
MLundegaard
surehit123
PianoFreak251
Kentz
no2man
Llexix
Voxy Roxy
SinkingHigher
Ursula Spots
lunazul
munkuminx
Alex|Rag
Mama64
ramaral
ed_fairs
ivn
Pianokid220
d.chimeraan
dkcrooby
Aigle
arzi
Angelique
pianoless
Amro
Wolfgang8565
leonard
Biko
Rykaerdoe
karax268
Mraan
khalyd
Fryderyk
KlutzSY
JordanMacDonald
armughan
Kahlan
AirHendrix
tfull
kwesifriends
Depo007
Angela
Marnex
Sepheron
CripKilla
Adelbert0923
pianohama
Thomandy
Casyopea
LizaTRENCHCOAT
The Royal Nobody
g0tfish
asumarione
maatija
maggiekedves
VictorCS
1uc
wamaral
Jesse
joegeran
draw_de
Phobik2000
FtOrReEeSsT
Jordan
Admin Andrew
86 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What songs are you currently learning? - Page 2 Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by 1uc Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:56 am

check here but careful you can only download two sheets per day. Smile
1uc
1uc
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : I like art! Playing piano, painting, drawing, dancing...
Length of time playing piano : 3years now - on & off (as much time as I have)
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

What songs are you currently learning? - Page 2 Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by Jordan Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:31 pm

1uc wrote:check here but careful you can only download two sheets per day. Smile

I also use that site, 1uc. It's really good but I'd like it more if there was no limit to download the sheet music, haha!
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:24 pm

yea i use sheet music archive as well, and yea the download limit sucks but you can't blame them, if they didn't make you pay their bandwidth would probably be ridiculous
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by maatija Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:41 pm

I am learning Arabesque No.1 by Debussy... I just love that man... He has so many great songs... Clair de lune is also great.. So peaceful and calm.. that harmony.. He's perfect..
The first song that I have learned full is Moonlight sonata, the first movement.
And I liked your interpretation too. Man, you're the best.. And all this things you are doing for free.. you should get a medal
Peace

maatija

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:35 pm

1uc wrote:check here but careful you can only download two sheets per day. Smile

I know and I already exceeded the limit for today early in the morning ... around 1 AM
I thought they let me in because for me it is a new day lol!
But I will check it tomorrow.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:55 am

[quote="maggiekedves"]
phobik2000 wrote:
I'm also learning Bach Prelude nº1 but I only have a small excert, annyone has the whole piece that can share? Rolling Eyes

Well Im not a big expert on Classical but I collected tons of sheet music through the weeks...
I have Preludes from Bach but non of them named No1
I have Prelude in C major, A minor, D minor, D major, F major and they are 1-2 pages long each
Tell me if you need any of them... or anything else

Maggie

It's usually played on the cello, but also seen on the piano on youtube:
Here's a sample: bach_prelude_n1

Last edited by phobik2000 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : EDIT)
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT

Back to top Go down

Post by asumarione Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:17 pm

wow this section is really nice.
it gives me the idea what to play next.

right now im practicing different final fantasy piano collection.
and my Sight Reading whaaaaaa coz every sheet i had i have to
marked on every note coz i really cant sight read fast.

does anyone here have a sheet of canon the one played
on my sassy girl movie. i want the piece that was played
by the girl on the school.

And sorry for my grammar i really cant speak english
fluently. ehe!

asumarione
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 5
Length of time playing piano : 3 months
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:38 am

o0 everyone is starting on great pieces of music!

im working on Sadness and Sorrow and other anime theme. well i got the first part all out but im stuck on a certain part and i just cant play those even if i know which keys to play. its like one of those "that doesnt sound rite" moment that gave me problems.
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Currently unemployed, Car/mechanic, piano, sleeping and eating
Length of time playing piano : owned a keyboard since little with no experience until now
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:50 am

g0tfish wrote:o0 everyone is starting on great pieces of music!

im working on Sadness and Sorrow and other anime theme. well i got the first part all out but im stuck on a certain part and i just cant play those even if i know which keys to play. its like one of those "that doesnt sound rite" moment that gave me problems.

Are you saying that some of the keys don't sound right? Ok this might sound basic, but you've checked the key signature right? Nothing will destory a piece faster and make it sound "wrong" than if you don't play all the sharps or flats in the key signature! try checking that out
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:57 am

I am getting ready for my recital in the piano class... the teacher told us to choose something challanging... well regarding the fact few weeks before I could not play anything on the piano most pieces are challanging. I have a favorite melody it looked not too hard... it is Bach Minuet. The trick with Back my teacher said is the 2 hand play completely different things... great I never knew it can be so hard to play with 2 hand... ( this is not a complaint it is a fact it is hard... ) So Im up to the challange and practice a looot.
There are other contemporary songs I like to work on slowly but surely. One of them is the Only hope by Mandy Moore, and Thousand miles by Vanessa Carlton... My only hope is to learn them as soon as I can Smile
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:01 am

maggiekedves wrote:I am getting ready for my recital in the piano class... the teacher told us to choose something challanging... well regarding the fact few weeks before I could not play anything on the piano most pieces are challanging. I have a favorite melody it looked not too hard... it is Bach Minuet. The trick with Back my teacher said is the 2 hand play completely different things... great I never knew it can be so hard to play with 2 hand... ( this is not a complaint it is a fact it is hard... ) So Im up to the challange and practice a looot.
There are other contemporary songs I like to work on slowly but surely. One of them is the Only hope by Mandy Moore, and Thousand miles by Vanessa Carlton... My only hope is to learn them as soon as I can Smile

Yea bach ban be tough. If you want to impress your teacher, read up on "Polyphonic music" that's what Bach's music is actually. Smile It sounds like you're progressing quickly! great job!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 am

well it is a crash course so we are kind of forced to progress as fast as we can but it is not that thorough knowledge though... that is why I need to educate myself. The basics we get on the class is very superficial if I would not read after the music theory I would not understand a word we are learning. Most of the class is not a beginner and I try to keep up with their speed. I still need a lot of work to do on my sightreading, scales and chords... Rolling Eyes but what am I talking about I just barely started to learn most of these ...
I can only blame myself for choosing Bach but I love that piece flower
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:26 am

asumarione wrote:
does anyone here have a sheet of canon the one played
on my sassy girl movie. i want the piece that was played
by the girl on the school.

Gee wizz that is a brand new movie I never heard about it before... so Im not sure which is the piece
Can it be Pachelbel - Canon in D??
Is this you were thinking about?

If it is u can find that on the internet in many site... look at the General Discussion I posted some good sites for sheet music.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:50 pm

maggiekedves wrote:well it is a crash course so we are kind of forced to progress as fast as we can but it is not that thorough knowledge though... that is why I need to educate myself. The basics we get on the class is very superficial if I would not read after the music theory I would not understand a word we are learning. Most of the class is not a beginner and I try to keep up with their speed. I still need a lot of work to do on my sightreading, scales and chords... Rolling Eyes but what am I talking about I just barely started to learn most of these ...
I can only blame myself for choosing Bach but I love that piece flower

Yea, I agree they can be very very superfical. It's one of the reasons I dislike most online piano teaching methods, they play with all these techniques. but only explain very vague and basic concepts that don't really teach you much. (I like to take a look at these other methods so I can get a grasp of what else is out there) maybe i can pick up some new idea's for teaching. but generally I come away thinking that the way they explained things was to vague. That's just my opinion.

Maggie! i think you're doing great! It sounds like you're developing your skills all round! Yes bach is tough! Did you look up polyphonic music? Here's a link if you want to check it out Polyphonic and of course here's some info on bach if you didn't already know this Bach
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:02 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:

Yea, I agree they can be very very superfical. It's one of the reasons I dislike most online piano teaching methods, they play with all these techniques.
Maggie! i think you're doing great! It sounds like you're developing your skills all round! Yes bach is tough! Did you look up polyphonic music? Here's a link if you want to check it out Polyphonic and of course here's some info on bach if you didn't already know this Bach

You never even see me playing and you think I am doing good that is sweet of you.
Thanks for all the links I will check it out,
I will need to miss you and the forum until Saturday night.
I will drive down to South with my inlaws.
Have a great weekend sunny
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by The Royal Nobody Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:11 pm

The first song I learned was Fur Elise. After that came Comptine d'un autre été l'après midi. The theme song from the movie Amelie. Currently I'm trying to learn Regret by Malice Mizer. I have the sheet music but I can't sight read so it's taking me a lot of time. Plus, it's a difficult peace if you ask me Razz I'm kind of half way through the piece and now comes the hard part pale But I guess it's all worth it when you finally can play the piece you've been working so hard on.

Songs I would really like to know how to play are Sun Flowers by Wang and Campanella.
The Royal Nobody
The Royal Nobody
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 28
Job/hobbies : Playing piano, drums, guitar. Philosophy, soccer, chess, squash and of course hanging out with frien
Length of time playing piano : about half a year
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:55 am

I've been practising "Younha - Houki Boshi" on and off for a couple of weeks, and I noticed that when you first start it's really hard to memorize it, and play it at a decent tempo.
But then, after some weeks with practise, when you really get into it, you suddenly can play it without any trouble.

Haven't thought about it that way, but every piece is hard untill it's suddenly stuck in your brain. When I start I'm always like this: "omg, how can I possibly be able to play it?",
but when I'm done, it's: "Am I really able to play it that good? I'm good!"...

But no matter how long you play a piece there is always something you can do to make it better, I've been playing "FFX - To Zandarkand" for a couple of years now,
and I still dont think it's complete, and I dont think it'll ever be, there is so much you can do with a piece. I dont know if this is normal, but I usually hit a wrong note
here and there ( mostly because I'm not 100% in "harmony" with the song, my mind plays alot with me, what am I gonna eat? Is it raining outside? etc. )

I'm actually amazed that I'm able to play the first part ( the Toccata ) of "Toccata & Fugue in d minor BWV 565", prolly not perfect, but you can hear it's the Toccata ^^ .
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:51 am

I'm currently learning Chopin Etude Op. 25, No. 11 "Winter Wind". So far it's been a really difficult piece, and hopefully I'll learn it soon. Other than that, it's a really beautiful piece.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 1uc Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:52 am

Ah yes...very beautiful piece. Would love to hear it Jordan. Can you record it?

oh and I'm learning Bach's invention now Smile Symphony No.02 in Cm, BWV 788
1uc
1uc
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : I like art! Playing piano, painting, drawing, dancing...
Length of time playing piano : 3years now - on & off (as much time as I have)

Back to top Go down

What songs are you currently learning? - Page 2 Empty Will and Grace theme. !

Post by LizaTRENCHCOAT Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:19 pm

I'm so happy, because I found some sheet music for the Will and Grace theme.
LizaTRENCHCOAT
LizaTRENCHCOAT
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : pIaNo!
Length of time playing piano : 11 years, minus some time in between.
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:04 am

I just printed of Debussy's 1st Arabesque.. I've loved it since seeing Andrew's video. :p Blahhhhh, it's going to take so much work.. lmao! I can get through the first page going incredibly slow! :p

Jesse
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Jesse wrote:I just printed of Debussy's 1st Arabesque.. I've loved it since seeing Andrew's video. :p Blahhhhh, it's going to take so much work.. lmao! I can get through the first page going incredibly slow! :p

you can do it! it just takes determination! Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casyopea Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:16 pm

I'm now learning Muzio Clementi's Sonatina #1 op. 36 and I'm enjoying it! My teacher picked it up and it's helping me a lot, specially for some technique.

BTW, draw_de, could you send me the sheet music for the Canon? I just love that arrangement and it's one of those pieces I REALLY want to play one day!

Thanks a lot Andrew, I've been visiting the site and I just can't believe how generous you are. Keep it up!! And thank you for your help and kind comment ! Very Happy
Casyopea
Casyopea
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://es.youtube.com/user/casyopea1977

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:03 am

I have just started: Chopins Nocturne op 9 No 2

Guess this is the biggest challange of mine so far. Used almost 2 hours learning the 2 first bars. And managing to play it reeeeeally slow Smile
And I tell you, Chopin love to use tiny differences in his lefthandplay Razz
But they all fits so very well.

But how long would it take to play this good?! Hehe, probably a diffucult question!

And, what grade is it??? Any website that shows grades on peaces?

Hopefully I aint getting into a to big of a challange at my level.
But I aint got no teacher, so I must fuigure it out myselfe Razz Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:11 am

thomandy wrote:I have just started: Chopins Nocturne op 9 No 2

Guess this is the biggest challange of mine so far. Used almost 2 hours learning the 2 first bars. And managing to play it reeeeeally slow Smile
And I tell you, Chopin love to use tiny differences in his lefthandplay Razz
But they all fits so very well.

But how long would it take to play this good?! Hehe, probably a diffucult question!

And, what grade is it??? Any website that shows grades on peaces?

Hopefully I aint getting into a to big of a challange at my level.
But I aint got no teacher, so I must fuigure it out myselfe Razz Smile

Uhhh, actually it's a pretty difficult song for someone who's only been playing 3 months. Here in canada we have grade 1-grade 11 (11 is called ARCT) the nocturne that you're playing is rated as an easyish grade 9 song, or a very hard grade 8 song. Now, that doesn't mean you can't learn it! You CAN, but it'll take alot of hard work, it might take you quite a while to get it, but what i've learned is determination is the single biggest factor for learning a song, it's not really about how skilled you are, because if you're determined enough you can learn anything with enough time. This piece is slow and doesn't demand TOO much technique that it could damage your hands if you played it. It's jsut got some funky rhythms like 4 Vs 3 and others. Try watching my performance of it over and over until you can hear the music in your head ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next