Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 16 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:18 pm

Jordan wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Jordan wrote:I love the new performance of that Zelda piece, Thomas. Great job Very Happy! I only have one thing to criticize if you will allow; I personally think that you a little too much pedal. There are some parts where the harmonics of the intervals that you're playing with your left hand collide and sound like tone cluster, do you know what I mean? 1:08 and 1:41 is a perfect example of where I'm referring to. You can hear the notes on the left hand howl and cluster, it sounds a little muddy on those parts because of the notes being held sustained for too long. Does this piece have a lot of pedal markings where you played them exactly on the pulse of the tempo? Or are you adding sustain and pedaling on your own comfort? If you're playing the piece somewhat perfectly by following the pedal markings indicated exactly on the sheet music, then I respect you and by all means, I'll take back what I said. Very Happy

Other than what I said, I loved it! You interpreted it beautifully with emotional content and it certainly doesn't lack any feeling. I just wanted to give you a little feedback, please don't take it the wrong way. Sad

Thanks for the feedback Smile Its noted Wink
There isnt any pedalmarks on the sheets, but I know where to put the pedal. But 100% perfect performances isnt something I can give yet Smile Its been Little over 6 months since I started playing the piano you know Smile So hopefully I got your respect even though I held the pedal or managed to lift my foot to little at some places Smile hehe Smile

Btw: Have you seen my Maple Leaf Rag(10/11)?? Andrew gave me a 93% score on that one. Smile

But yeah, the datailpedaling and detaildynamics are things Im working on all the time. This piece is dynamicwise somewhat harder than it seams. Im playing "p" when I start the rolled chords - and one "mf or "f" in the dynamics messes up the entire piece Smile

Yeah, I watched your Maple Leaf Rag performance, it was awesome. I have nothing to say about that, for you to get a 93% is pretty amazing stuff. Anyway, yeah I understand what you mean, dymanics are very hard to pull off. I have a lot of trouble with pianissimo (pp), anything soft is really hard, so I definitely agree with you on that. A really good tip for you that I've learned over practice is to keep playing that EXACT phrase where you have trouble with, in this case it's the rolled chords you mentioned that have difficult dymanics. Play it over and over again until you're congruent with it. This is usually how I fix my mistakes in one measure, at least that's what my teacher taught me. Keep playing it until you get it right and then you'll notice how comfortable and easy it'll be to play now that your mind is used to playing the exact measure over and over again, you get used to it. Very Happy

Yeah Smile I know what you say Jordan Smile The whole last section in this piece is rolled chords, so it was a tad tricky, but I have used only about 1 hour on the piece, and I feel I pulled of the dynamics in this piece just the way I wanted it Smile

I always practice small sections over and over. Its very time consuming to wait to long or have to long intervals in between the repetition Smile things I practice usually gets very confy after a nights sleep atm Razz hehe Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 16 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by arzi Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Thomandy wrote:This is me playing a shorter and easyer verson of Pachelbels: Canon in D
First time recorded on a piano =) Going to learn the whole, hard verson, sometime! =)

cool. ^_^ do you have a copy for the easy and short canon sheet? Smile
arzi
arzi
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:05 pm

Thomandy wrote:
CripKilla wrote:Hey!

I didn't really understand what you told me 'bout maple leaf rag.
Hmm ok I've just learned 1st page 100% speed but i don't know where I should put pedal?

I sendt you the sec's? If you look at my videos I put the pedal down at those places. You can hear in my video where I use pedal also if thos sec's was messy?? Smile Im not sure how to explane it, but look up those secunds and you will see what I mean.. I think?! Smile

Alrright thanks!@ Very Happy
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:39 pm

arzi wrote:

I took 3 pictures! Smile They arnt all thet good, cause the notes are small, but I can "clearly" see where the notes are, so I think you should to?! Smile Here they are in order:

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 16 Sheets10
Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 16 Sheets11
Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 16 Sheets12
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by arzi Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:46 am

Thomandy wrote:
arzi wrote:

I took 3 pictures! Smile They arnt all thet good, cause the notes are small, but I can "clearly" see where the notes are, so I think you should to?! Smile Here they are in order:

Thanks so much! ^_^ I can see them clearly Very Happy These pictures will be a great help for me to learn even just the easy canon, since im still new at playing. Im looking forward on playing this one. Thanks again Very Happy
arzi
arzi
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Hey Thomandy! how have you been? Just visited the website and wanted to give you some complements! Wink You're getting better every day! Eheh! But if you care for an advise, maybe you should listen to more different types of music so you can, on your compositions, come up with even more interesting sounds and surprise the people who are listening to your music! ^^; What do you thing about it? Wink

keep up the good work!

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 42
Job/hobbies : Master in Electronic Engineer - getting a Doctor degree / Play piano
Length of time playing piano : I don't really know. I've been on and off constantly, but quite a few years for sure!
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.esnips.com/user/sepheron

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Sepheron wrote:Hey Thomandy! how have you been? Just visited the website and wanted to give you some complements! Wink You're getting better every day! Eheh! But if you care for an advise, maybe you should listen to more different types of music so you can, on your compositions, come up with even more interesting sounds and surprise the people who are listening to your music! ^^; What do you thing about it? Wink

keep up the good work!

Hi Smile Thanks Smile

I see what you mean Smile But for listening to more different types of music, that impossible, cause I listen to just about everything Razz Im very satisfied with my latest composition and feel I really nailed the sound on that one. Its even been picked up by a graphic artist from Netherlands that have done a small video of it made with pictures, and she really nailed it to Smile

If your interested:
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:28 pm

Nice, picked up by a graphic artist Smile

I do think that a composer will always sound like the composer, the composition will have its personality.
And ofcourse it'll be bend in the direction of what music the composer is listening to.

But I'm sure we would be looking forward to the day Thomandy picks a weird scale to make music with,
like a hawaiian scale or something like that. Would be fun...
( I'm talkin, still yet been able to post one of my own compositions ^_^ )
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:58 pm

VictorCS wrote:Nice, picked up by a graphic artist Smile

I do think that a composer will always sound like the composer, the composition will have its personality.
And ofcourse it'll be bend in the direction of what music the composer is listening to.

But I'm sure we would be looking forward to the day Thomandy picks a weird scale to make music with,
like a hawaiian scale or something like that. Would be fun...
( I'm talkin, still yet been able to post one of my own compositions ^_^ )

Yeah Smile I want to create a little different piece next time though, a happyhappy piece, hehe Smile And as you say I might use a different scale than the classical-scales to try that out to. But Im lacking a bit on the creativ fromt these days. Razz
And used the last week or so to learn some new pieces and still learning 2-3 more for a vid Im making in less than two weeks Smile
Awell, now im babling....

And Vic: Now there is now exuse longer Wink Get up a vid Wink We want to listen to your new digital piano aswell Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:25 am

I'm Back Very Happy
And Enjoying your Performances Again Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

The Latest one is Great ..

I'll take a look if there's any other performances of you !!
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:48 pm

I wont say much other than that I hope you get some Christmas-Spirit by watching this video, and that you enjoy Smile

Christmas Carol Medley on piano - Sing along/Lyrics - 2008 -
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by poper Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:23 pm

thomas..from the bottom of my heart, i respect you!
it took me 4 hours to finish looking all 26 pages and i'm sure who ever do that will saw the growth of thomas..its really very nice and beautiful =)

actually how long did you take to learnt fur elise? and you learn the fasy pary all by you own!!! ??
poper
poper
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : playing piano
Length of time playing piano : i play paino for 2 years and quited and now im back all thanks to andrew
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:41 pm

poper wrote:thomas..from the bottom of my heart, i respect you!
it took me 4 hours to finish looking all 26 pages and i'm sure who ever do that will saw the growth of thomas..its really very nice and beautiful =)

actually how long did you take to learnt fur elise? and you learn the fasy pary all by you own!!! ??

Hi =) Thanks SmileSmile

Well, I used about one week to learn the theme. Then another week to learn the first solo. I only played that for the 2 first months or so. Then I felt I had to learn the last hard part aswell. So I used about a week to learn that part aswell. BUT I didnt play it good at the time. I only knew how to play it... So as you might have seen in the first Fur Elise, where Andrew Gave me 65, i dont play the solos very good. But in the last part I nail them pretty good Smile But Total, im not sure on the hours, since I started this TO early I used TO long on the solos. So lets say at least 2-3 months. Smile

Yeah, I have learned everything all on my own Smile I got a good review from Andrew that changed my perseption after that first fur elise recording. I was all about: Fast, impress ect - But after that I got my eyes up, and thought: Make music Smile hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by poper Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:16 pm

hey thomas!! Smile where can i have the chrismas sheet because i want to play the song to my grandmother. She want me to play a song for her .so i was think where can i get the song sheet that you play in the youtube video you know? the christmas song =)

thank you

take care my friend

zi hui aka poper
poper
poper
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Length of time playing piano : i play paino for 2 years and quited and now im back all thanks to andrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:30 pm

poper wrote:hey thomas!! Smile where can i have the chrismas sheet because i want to play the song to my grandmother. She want me to play a song for her .so i was think where can i get the song sheet that you play in the youtube video you know? the christmas song =)

thank you

take care my friend

zi hui aka poper

I use 10 different sheets, and have arranged some of them myself. But here is the link to lots of sheets, where I found half of those I use Smile

http://www.music-scores.com/christmas/composer.php
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by poper Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:03 am

Thomandy wrote:
poper wrote:hey thomas!! Smile where can i have the chrismas sheet because i want to play the song to my grandmother. She want me to play a song for her .so i was think where can i get the song sheet that you play in the youtube video you know? the christmas song =)

thank you

take care my friend

zi hui aka poper

I use 10 different sheets, and have arranged some of them myself. But here is the link to lots of sheets, where I found half of those I use Smile

http://www.music-scores.com/christmas/composer.php

thank you so so so so much thomas!!! =)
poper
poper
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:31 pm

More Christmas!! Smile Its a faster version than the one in the medley, just another way of interpreting it. I try to spread a happy feeling in this one, rather than the calm and nostalgic feel I wanted in the beginning of the medley Smile Enjoy

We wish you a merry Christmas
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:23 pm

New song santa Request from Elena(Casyopea)

Carol of The Bells
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:19 pm

Another one Smile

Deck the Halls
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:17 pm

ohoo .. It's been a long time Very Happy
Great Work, You still have the same soft playing sense ..

You are Great ..

and MaryXmas everybody

santa HAPPY NEW YEAR santa
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Amro wrote:ohoo .. It's been a long time Very Happy
Great Work, You still have the same soft playing sense ..

You are Great ..

and MaryXmas everybody

santa HAPPY NEW YEAR santa

Thanks Smile Merry Christmas to you to santa
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:01 pm

Improv #3 Smile

Enjoy

Peaceful Sunset
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:03 pm

wow, I loved this piece especially the 1st part of it ..
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:33 pm

Amro wrote:wow, I loved this piece especially the 1st part of it ..

Thanks Smile

Yeah, I agree. The first part is my favorite, I sort of do some wrong choices in the middle part, and then Im satisfied with the last part Smile The middle part works good enough though, Im very satisfied with it so Glad You like it Very Happy Tnx!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:19 pm

You're definetly getting better!
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next