Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To get this started...

+21
Biko
Thomandy
sunny
KlutzSY
The Royal Nobody
g0tfish
LizaTRENCHCOAT
Carly
Jussi
maggiekedves
AderEN
wamaral
kel2corkey
Jaymz
Snickzz
FtOrReEeSsT
KOH
talkwittme
maceyr
Admin Andrew
Jordan
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

To get this started... - Page 3 Empty Re: To get this started...

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:20 pm

KlutzSY wrote:Hi, my name's shi yun. It's a direct translation of my chinese name so it's pronunciation is weird.
I live in Singapore and I'm 17.I started playing the piano for 3 months . Mostly,i learn songs through youtube videos, and i'm on my 4th song. I haven't learn the basics so it sounds aweful.
Thanks for the site. Very Happy

Welcome to the forums, Shi Yun!
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:16 am

Jordan wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:

We actually met randomly on youtube. I really loved his idea of posting videos to help out beginner pianists, and I decided to contact him since I'm a pianist as well (except I'm not as good as him, yet) and from there our friendship just clicked. We began to converse over MSN and he told me that he was about to launch his own website that will have a forum dedicated to piano, including a community for people to converse, and I thought that it would be a great idea to help him out as much as I can.

Hopefully one day as soon as I get my license in about a month, I told him that I'll try driving down to BC and have a great time hangin' around with him. I live in Toronto, Canada. It's pretty far away from his province, but it'd be nice to have a ride down there since I haven't been there before.

wow thats quite interesting! if i can do that. i prob wud.. but driving there.. wunt that b sum burning in ur pocket for gas? =]
its great that ur helpin him out too Smile

Yeah, it's pretty far. But honestly, I'd love to go down there because Toronto's almost exactly like New York (we're around 5-6 hours away from NY), and I'd love to go somewhere new for a change. Canada can be a beautiful place.

Itd b nyce to go on a roadtrip and not worry about gas money or money for a change u know.. i've been to Toronto many times when i was younger with my family. we stayed near chinatown? huzah so i can enjoy the fruits and food! mm

Yeah, it'd be awesome to not worry about gas money while going on a road trip. You've been to china town before? Cool! It's pretty cool down there. I can agree with you about the food and fruitys, haha.

Wooow guys u want to break a new world record in chaining the answers Laughing I need to join that effort.

I am not that old friend of Andrew like Jordan is.
But I consider myself friends with you guys (hope it is not offending for anyone me thinking about all of you as friends)... drunken so anyway I thought someday it would be fun to meet with Andrew and some of those who maybe can do it... well not in the very near future...
Hopefully we will keep in touch and a little while have a forum meeting Smile or is it a frightening thought to reveal the real person? silent
In the good old times I had some IRC meetings
(it was before the time of the messengers Shocked )
It was always interesting to see our group and we all know how Andrew looks like ... maybe he would be a little curious about us...
Ok ok I stop rambling... it is already 1:30 am here Sleep

Actually, that'd be a great idea. Meeting new people has always been interesting to me.

Wow, this is a long chat we've got going here! I think i'll join in!

I actually think that'd be really fun! maybe we could set up a meeting for 2009 or something ^_^ by then there might be enough people who show up to make it a real party! I'd LOVE to meet you guys, i'm curious to see the people who watch me i guess you could say it's strange talking to people who know what i look like and how i act, when i know next to nothing about them. Although, I have to say, it's not as weird as it once was and I am getting pretty used to it. It would still be amazing to have a get together one day! maybe even make it an annual event! Should i dare dream?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:18 am

KlutzSY wrote:Hi, my name's shi yun. It's a direct translation of my chinese name so it's pronunciation is weird.
I live in Singapore and I'm 17.I started playing the piano for 3 months . Mostly,i learn songs through youtube videos, and i'm on my 4th song. I haven't learn the basics so it sounds aweful.

Hi there Shi yun!

I'm really happy to have you join! welcome!!! Feel free to ask questions! That's what this whole place it made for!

I'm looking forward to reading future posts from you!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KlutzSY Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:

Hi there Shi yun!

I'm really happy to have you join! welcome!!! Feel free to ask questions! That's what this whole place it made for!

Thanks, I will. For now, i'll just take a look round so i won't ask questions that's already answered.
KlutzSY
KlutzSY
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : drawing, reading
Length of time playing piano : since Dec'07
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:00 pm

KlutzSY wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:

Hi there Shi yun!

Thanks, I will. For now, i'll just take a look round so i won't ask questions that's already answered.

Alright! Smile We're glad to have you!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sunny Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:01 am

[b] HELLOOO EVERYBODY I JUST JOINED DE COMMUNITY .. MY NAME IS SOLUA , BUT BUT FRIENDS CALL ME SUNNY BECAUSE OF THE MEANING OF MY NAME IN MY LANGUAGE.. I`M 25 YEARS OLD , BRAZILIAN , I LIVE IN US FOR ALMOST 6 YEARS. GUESS I`M A JERSEY GIRL ALREADY...LOL... I FELL IN LOVEEEE WITH THE SOUND OF THE PIANO .. AND DECIDED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.. I DON`T HAVE A PIANO YET BUT I THINK THE KEYBOARD I HAVE WILL HELP ME UNTIL I GET IT ...IT`S NOT EASY BUT I WONT STOP IT UNTIL I LEARN ... SO YOU GUYS WILL HEAR A LOT FROM ME ... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SITE AND FOR THE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE ...
sunny
sunny

Female Number of posts : 2
Length of time playing piano : A MONTH
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:13 am

sunny wrote:[b] HELLOOO EVERYBODY I JUST JOINED DE COMMUNITY .. MY NAME IS SOLUA , BUT BUT FRIENDS CALL ME SUNNY BECAUSE OF THE MEANING OF MY NAME IN MY LANGUAGE.. I`M 25 YEARS OLD , BRAZILIAN , I LIVE IN US FOR ALMOST 6 YEARS. GUESS I`M A JERSEY GIRL ALREADY...LOL... I FELL IN LOVEEEE WITH THE SOUND OF THE PIANO .. AND DECIDED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.. I DON`T HAVE A PIANO YET BUT I THINK THE KEYBOARD I HAVE WILL HELP ME UNTIL I GET IT ...IT`S NOT EASY BUT I WONT STOP IT UNTIL I LEARN ... SO YOU GUYS WILL HEAR A LOT FROM ME ... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SITE AND FOR THE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE ...

Hi Sunny Nice to see you here. Im looking forward to hear more about you.
If you have any question dont keep it for yourself we have excellent helpers here.
cheers
Take care
Maggie
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:00 am

sunny wrote:[b] HELLOOO EVERYBODY I JUST JOINED DE COMMUNITY .. MY NAME IS SOLUA , BUT BUT FRIENDS CALL ME SUNNY BECAUSE OF THE MEANING OF MY NAME IN MY LANGUAGE.. I`M 25 YEARS OLD , BRAZILIAN , I LIVE IN US FOR ALMOST 6 YEARS. GUESS I`M A JERSEY GIRL ALREADY...LOL... I FELL IN LOVEEEE WITH THE SOUND OF THE PIANO .. AND DECIDED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.. I DON`T HAVE A PIANO YET BUT I THINK THE KEYBOARD I HAVE WILL HELP ME UNTIL I GET IT ...IT`S NOT EASY BUT I WONT STOP IT UNTIL I LEARN ... SO YOU GUYS WILL HEAR A LOT FROM ME ... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SITE AND FOR THE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE ...

Hi Sunny! Glad to have you here.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Hey there Sunny

We're glad to have you! I hope you find a friendly home here ^_^ Hopefully we can answer all your questions!

I look forward to reading future posts from you! Very Happy

Take care!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:03 pm

talkwittme wrote:Hey! My name is Thomas.... The first song I learned from reading a piano sheet was Pachelbel's Canon!!... (arranged by Marion Verhaalen) Very Happy

Just thought it was funny that my name is also Thomas, and my first song from reading pianosheet was Pachelbels Canon Razz

Last edited by thomandy on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved my org post :s)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:33 am

talkwittme wrote:Hey! My name is Thomas.... The first song I learned from reading a piano sheet was Pachelbel's Canon!!... (arranged by Marion Verhaalen) Very Happy

Just thought it was funny that my name is also Thomas, and my first song from reading pianosheet was Pachelbels Canon Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:54 am

thomandy wrote:

whoa...maybe you guys are cosmic twins or something monkey
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:40 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
Jordan wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:

We actually met randomly on youtube. I really loved his idea of posting videos to help out beginner pianists, and I decided to contact him since I'm a pianist as well (except I'm not as good as him, yet) and from there our friendship just clicked. We began to converse over MSN and he told me that he was about to launch his own website that will have a forum dedicated to piano, including a community for people to converse, and I thought that it would be a great idea to help him out as much as I can.

Hopefully one day as soon as I get my license in about a month, I told him that I'll try driving down to BC and have a great time hangin' around with him. I live in Toronto, Canada. It's pretty far away from his province, but it'd be nice to have a ride down there since I haven't been there before.

wow thats quite interesting! if i can do that. i prob wud.. but driving there.. wunt that b sum burning in ur pocket for gas? =]
its great that ur helpin him out too Smile

Yeah, it's pretty far. But honestly, I'd love to go down there because Toronto's almost exactly like New York (we're around 5-6 hours away from NY), and I'd love to go somewhere new for a change. Canada can be a beautiful place.

Itd b nyce to go on a roadtrip and not worry about gas money or money for a change u know.. i've been to Toronto many times when i was younger with my family. we stayed near chinatown? huzah so i can enjoy the fruits and food! mm

Yeah, it'd be awesome to not worry about gas money while going on a road trip. You've been to china town before? Cool! It's pretty cool down there. I can agree with you about the food and fruitys, haha.

Wooow guys u want to break a new world record in chaining the answers Laughing I need to join that effort.

I am not that old friend of Andrew like Jordan is.
But I consider myself friends with you guys (hope it is not offending for anyone me thinking about all of you as friends)... drunken so anyway I thought someday it would be fun to meet with Andrew and some of those who maybe can do it... well not in the very near future...
Hopefully we will keep in touch and a little while have a forum meeting Smile or is it a frightening thought to reveal the real person? silent
In the good old times I had some IRC meetings
(it was before the time of the messengers Shocked )
It was always interesting to see our group and we all know how Andrew looks like ... maybe he would be a little curious about us...
Ok ok I stop rambling... it is already 1:30 am here Sleep

Actually, that'd be a great idea. Meeting new people has always been interesting to me.

Wow, this is a long chat we've got going here! I think i'll join in!

I actually think that'd be really fun! maybe we could set up a meeting for 2009 or something ^_^ by then there might be enough people who show up to make it a real party! I'd LOVE to meet you guys, i'm curious to see the people who watch me i guess you could say it's strange talking to people who know what i look like and how i act, when i know next to nothing about them. Although, I have to say, it's not as weird as it once was and I am getting pretty used to it. It would still be amazing to have a get together one day! maybe even make it an annual event! Should i dare dream?

wow.. lol
how unfortunate that i havent been active -_-''
sry about that
u know if u actually made such event i think that wud b quite interesting.. tho then ud also have to think about the price of actually getting to where u are.. it b fun to do a roadtrip but with gas price.. -_-'' id think about it again.. oh yea.. how was ur trip to see ur bro Andrew?
Maggie =] i think of u as a friend too! and i agree.. that it'll b fun to get to meet Andrew =]
Jordan.. Chinatown is awesome.. it gets boring there when u go to the same place every year u know.. but i havent been there for a long time and i miss it there =]

so is this event realli gonna b happening =]??

btw hello there Shi Yun, Sunny, and Thomas =]
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Currently unemployed, Car/mechanic, piano, sleeping and eating
Length of time playing piano : owned a keyboard since little with no experience until now
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Biko Tue May 13, 2008 5:37 pm

My names Calum Very Happy *

Livein in Northern Irealand...Hmm...fun capital of the world..*Hint sarcasim* Lol. Umm, played piano for around a year. Oh, and thanks to Andrew, I can play some of Fur Elise! Woop! Only 12, dunno if I could open an account 'cause alot of forums are strictly 16+, but I did anyway...

Lovein the McVideos, Calum

*Smiley face is not apart of my name...
Biko
Biko
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 177
Length of time playing piano : Just over a year, still cant play.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue May 13, 2008 6:14 pm

calumisdead wrote:My names Calum Very Happy *

Livein in Northern Irealand...Hmm...fun capital of the world..*Hint sarcasim* Lol. Umm, played piano for around a year. Oh, and thanks to Andrew, I can play some of Fur Elise! Woop! Only 12, dunno if I could open an account 'cause alot of forums are strictly 16+, but I did anyway...

Lovein the McVideos, Calum

*Smiley face is not apart of my name...

Welcome Very Happy Hope to se a lot of you =) just ask, and the answer is right around the corner =)
Hope to see you in the performancetopic if you got somthing. A song Smile
e njo y
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Tue May 13, 2008 10:14 pm

Welcome Calum, I think here the only thing counts is the the love for the music... doesnt matter that at age 12 or age 70
You found a great musical community here... so many people you can learn from... so hope to see you around
And maybe if you can solve it you can post videos how you play... that would be fun to see.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed May 14, 2008 2:07 am

Welcome Calum!!! Very Happy I'm glad to have you here!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biko Wed May 14, 2008 4:23 pm

Huzza! I fell loved! Lol... Razz
Biko
Biko
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 177
Length of time playing piano : Just over a year, still cant play.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Geny2925 Wed May 21, 2008 7:53 pm

Hey everyone!
My name is Genesis but I prefer to be called Geny. flower
Hehe.. Well I'm from Costa Rica and I'm 13. I just started playing piano 1 month ago. This is my first post. Yay!
Laughing I wanted to play for a long time and now I'm glad that I can. tongue I just learned Fur Elise ^_^ well only the parts that Andrew has on his video.
I really like this site and I kind of come around every day to watch other posts.
Bye! Take care!!!
Love, Geny
Geny2925
Geny2925
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : play piano, computer, tv, hmm..
Length of time playing piano : since april 19,2008
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Wed May 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Welcome
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Wed May 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Geny2925 wrote:Hey everyone!
My name is Genesis but I prefer to be called Geny. flower
Hehe.. Well I'm from Costa Rica and I'm 13. I just started playing piano 1 month ago. This is my first post. Yay!
Laughing I wanted to play for a long time and now I'm glad that I can. tongue I just learned Fur Elise ^_^ well only the parts that Andrew has on his video.
I really like this site and I kind of come around every day to watch other posts.
Bye! Take care!!!
Love, Geny

Glad to see you around, I really like your name sunny I hope the first post is only a good start Smile we are curious about your ideas, plans whichever you would like to share.
Have a nice day, Maggie
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue May 27, 2008 2:16 am

Welcome Very Happy Hope you enjoy your time here on the forum Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by SureStep Wed May 28, 2008 12:00 am

My name is David. Im 18 years old , Live in Sweden of all places. not much wrong with it though Razz . I am dyslectic, so i have a hard time learning things i read, So the videos i watched was a great for me. My parents wanted me to play the piano and become a successful pianist, But that dram of theirs shattered at the age of 8 (my age that is) And now I found the wonder of the piano once more. I want to be able to play the piano to my girlfriend and for my self. Music for me is relaxing.... until I get frustrated due to failures. I one day want to make my own piano , well not the whole thing but parts of it. I like working with wood making things for me and for others. Hey maby the things i do will get famous ^^. Ok now pulling head out of arse for a minute Razz
I am a somewhat musical failure But i hope this will help me along the way of playing the piano and not being ashamed. Ill keep posting on the forums, asking for help reassurance and general advice Wink thank you.
// The newcomer (David)

SureStep

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed May 28, 2008 12:32 am

SureStep wrote:My name is David. Im 18 years old , Live in Sweden of all places. not much wrong with it though Razz . I am dyslectic, so i have a hard time learning things i read, So the videos i watched was a great for me. My parents wanted me to play the piano and become a successful pianist, But that dram of theirs shattered at the age of 8 (my age that is) And now I found the wonder of the piano once more. I want to be able to play the piano to my girlfriend and for my self. Music for me is relaxing.... until I get frustrated due to failures. I one day want to make my own piano , well not the whole thing but parts of it. I like working with wood making things for me and for others. Hey maby the things i do will get famous ^^. Ok now pulling head out of arse for a minute Razz
I am a somewhat musical failure But i hope this will help me along the way of playing the piano and not being ashamed. Ill keep posting on the forums, asking for help reassurance and general advice Wink thank you.
// The newcomer (David)

Hey there! =) Well, I guess even though you are, as you say "musical failure" there is hope that you can play piano at a very deacent level. It isnt allway ones goal to play the worlds hardest composition! So I how you enkoy tyour stay, and feel fre to ask Very Happy welcome Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Wed May 28, 2008 7:20 am

A little fact:

Dyslectic people who plays instruments get better at reading and stuff.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3