Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To get this started...

+21
Biko
Thomandy
sunny
KlutzSY
The Royal Nobody
g0tfish
LizaTRENCHCOAT
Carly
Jussi
maggiekedves
AderEN
wamaral
kel2corkey
Jaymz
Snickzz
FtOrReEeSsT
KOH
talkwittme
maceyr
Admin Andrew
Jordan
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

To get this started... Empty To get this started...

Post by Jordan Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:51 am

Hey everyone!

My name is Jordan and I live in Toronto, Canada. Me and Andrew live in the same country, but in different provinces.

Where do you live? Smile
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

To get this started... Empty Re: To get this started...

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:44 am

I might as well join in the fun here!

As you probably all know, my name is Andrew Furmanczyk, Razz I'm 21 right now, i live in Prince Geroge, BC, Canada.

Prince George's is named "BC's northern capital" which is funny because we have only about 80,000 people in this city, but we're the biggest city you'll find if you drive over 6 hours in any direction. North, South, East or West.Rolling Eyes We're about 9 hour drive north of Vancouver. Arrow
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by maceyr Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:13 am

Ha. Ha. Andrew already knows me. I'm from the same place where he is. Okay, my name is May.

maceyr

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://palmdiscovery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkwittme Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:27 pm

Hey! My name is Thomas, 18 years old, and I live in San Diego, California. I started learning the piano and following the piano lessons about 2 months ago. The first song I learned from reading a piano sheet was Pachelbel's Canon!! (arranged by Marion Verhaalen) Very Happy

talkwittme

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.themoua.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KOH Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:28 am

Hey there everyone, My name Is Dustin, but you can call me KOH, I've been following Andrew's videos since last spring, thats when I actually started learning, I'm really happy to be part of the community here and I'm excited to learn even more.

Oh and I live in Brighton, Michigan.

Thanks for creating this website!
KOH
KOH
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : Drawing, Video games, Music
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing for almost a year!
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:48 am

talkwittme wrote:Hey! My name is Thomas, 18 years old, and I live in San Diego, California. I started learning the piano and following the piano lessons about 2 months ago. The first song I learned from reading a piano sheet was Pachelbel's Canon!! (arranged by Marion Verhaalen) Very Happy

Awesome! pachelbel's canon is such a great piece of music! very lovely on the ears! what else are you learning these days?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:50 am

KOH wrote:Hey there everyone, My name Is Dustin, but you can call me KOH, I've been following Andrew's videos since last spring, thats when I actually started learning, I'm really happy to be part of the community here and I'm excited to learn even more.

Oh and I live in Brighton, Michigan.

Thanks for creating this website!

Hey no problem, i'm glad i could create the website and i'm REALLY glad it's up!

Yes i hope we can all learn more together! the best way to do that is, start posting questions and creating new topics! that'll get people going! so feel free to go nuts! I can't really just post about anything since i can't ask MYSELF questions:scratch: ....then that would look a bit odd don't you think? javascript:emoticonp('bounce')
bounce
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FtOrReEeSsT Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:50 am

Hey guys! Nice forum you've created here, Andrew. Wink

Anyway, a little about me. My name is Joel, I'm 22-years-old, and I live in North Carlina. I've only been playing piano since July of 2007 but I think I'm catching on pretty quickly. For now I've been concentrating on finger exercises and learning various songs that I've come across on YouTube (both contemporary and classic), but sometime down the road I'd like to learn how to read sheet music as well. Recently I finished learning Beethoven's entire Moonlight Sonata (first movement), so I'm really, really excited about that.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a member here, and I hope I can pick up a few things from all the knowledgeable posters here. Very Happy

Last edited by FtOrReEeSsT on Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

FtOrReEeSsT
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:00 am

FtOrReEeSsT wrote:Hey guys! Nice forum you've created here, Andrew. Wink

Anyway, a little about me. My name is Joel, I'm 22-years-old, and I live in North Carlina. I've only been playing piano since July of 2007 but I think I'm catching on pretty quickly. For now I've been concentrating on finger exercises and learning various songs that I've come across on YouTube (both contemporary and classic), but sometime down the road I'd like to learn how to read sheet music as well. Recently I finished learning Beethoven's entire Moonlight Sonata, so I'm really, really excited about that.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a member here, and I hope I can pick up a few things from all the knowledgeable posters here. Very Happy

Hey Joel!

Glad to have you!!!! cheers Wow the whole Moonlight sonata? Or do you just mean the first movement? The whole thing is amazingly difficult, it's ARCT level, and is over 14 pages long. affraid
I learn the 1st movement a long time ago, maybe 7 or 8 years ago, but I haven't tackled the 2nd and 3rd movement yet. If you've done that Congrats to you! Very Happy

Anyway thanks for posting! please feel free to post in other places as well! Ask questions, start conversations! Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FtOrReEeSsT Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:10 am

Hey Joel!

Glad to have you!!!! cheers Wow the whole Moonlight sonata? Or do you just mean the first movement? The whole thing is amazingly difficult, it's ARCT level, and is over 14 pages long. affraid
I learn the 1st movement a long time ago, maybe 7 or 8 years ago, but I haven't tackled the 2nd and 3rd movement yet. If you've done that Congrats to you! Very Happy

Anyway thanks for posting! please feel free to post in other places as well! Ask questions, start conversations! Very Happy

Oh sorry, yeah, just the first movement. Sorry for the confusion. Very Happy

FtOrReEeSsT
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:18 am

Oh sorry, yeah, just the first movement. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries man! Smile even the 1st movement is lovely! When you get it down be sure to make a video and show us all! ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickzz Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:32 am

Alright, My name is Nicholas Smith, living in sweden stockholm. I'm all about the videogame music =P, not that I don't appriciate the classics, but playing the old nostalgic tunes is what get's me going. I came to this site in order to broaden my skills in piano ( no way! ), because at the moment I'm just playing guitar (self learned for about 3 months). So you'll probebly find me in the scales/help me out forums in the beggining but who knows ^^
see you all later! Very Happy

Snickzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:35 am

Snickzz wrote:Alright, My name is Nicholas Smith, living in sweden stockholm. I'm all about the videogame music =P, not that I don't appriciate the classics, but playing the old nostalgic tunes is what get's me going. I came to this site in order to broaden my skills in piano ( no way! ), because at the moment I'm just playing guitar (self learned for about 3 months). So you'll probebly find me in the scales/help me out forums in the beggining but who knows ^^
see you all later! Very Happy

Welcome Nicholas!

I hope i can help you out ^_^ feel free to post your questions on the forum and I'll try to answer! as we all use the forum more and more, other people will probably be able to start answering questions! hopefully we can become a piano guru community muwhahahaha, and then.....RULE THE WORLD...ehem....yea it's a bit late here Embarassed
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaymz Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:41 am

Hey all
My name is James from Sydney in Australia i'm 24 and i've been playing piano for 1 year. I decided to buy a piano after watching Andrew's first lesson on youtube (check Lesson #1 first comment) Very Happy
The first song i learned was Bach Minuet in G, i know lame.. but im learning Liebestraume #3 by Liszt at the moment up to the 2nd cadenza.
Anyway like the new site.
-James

Jaymz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Jaymz wrote:Hey all
My name is James from Sydney in Australia i'm 24 and i've been playing piano for 1 year. I decided to buy a piano after watching Andrew's first lesson on youtube (check Lesson #1 first comment) Very Happy
The first song i learned was Bach Minuet in G, i know lame.. but im learning Liebestraume #3 by Liszt at the moment up to the 2nd cadenza.
Anyway like the new site.
-James

Hey James!

Thanks for signing up and welcome to the community! ^_^

So you decided to buy a keyboard after watching my first lesson? that's sweet ^_^ i feel honored to have helped you decide to go out and take a leap into the world of piano Very Happy

I wouldn't worry about what songs you're learning yet ^_^ bach minuet in G is nothing to be ashamed about! sunny

Anyway i look forward to getting to you know better here on the forums!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kel2corkey Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:54 pm

Hey Jordan,hows it going,i,m from Yorkshire in the UK.
At the moment i play piano for fun,but still love to learn about other aspects. Like Andrew shows in is videos.
Take care
Kel.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/kel2corkey
kel2corkey
kel2corkey
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : Fork lift truck driver
Length of time playing piano : I've had a keyboard for 15 years

http://uk.youtube.com/user/kel2corkey

Back to top Go down

Post by wamaral Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:54 am

Hi everyone!
My name is Wagner, I'm from Brazil, 25 years old. Like I said somewhere else on this forum, I know nothing about piano, except for Andrew's lessons. However, just tomorrow I am starting my in-person piano lessons! I can't wait!
Still, I've played guitar for about 7 years, studied formally for 2,5 years, so well, I know my theory quite ok, so I may even be able to help someone with theory, or even something that would be similar between the two instruments.

Oh, and here's my profile on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/wamaral

See you guys (and girls) around!
wamaral
wamaral
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 59
Length of time playing piano : Since March 2008
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://wamaral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:31 am

wamaral wrote:Hi everyone!
My name is Wagner, I'm from Brazil, 25 years old. Like I said somewhere else on this forum, I know nothing about piano, except for Andrew's lessons. However, just tomorrow I am starting my in-person piano lessons! I can't wait!
Still, I've played guitar for about 7 years, studied formally for 2,5 years, so well, I know my theory quite ok, so I may even be able to help someone with theory, or even something that would be similar between the two instruments.

Oh, and here's my profile on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/wamaral

See you guys (and girls) around!

Awesome! glad to meet you! welcome!!!

That's SOOO cool that you're starting in person lessons! I hope you're teacher is awesome and you find it to be an enjoyable and wonderful experience! bounce

I hope you'll still pop on the forum and socialize with us all ^_^ it'd be cool to have you as a regular you seem like a cool well rounded guy! Cool
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkwittme Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:58 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
talkwittme wrote:Hey! My name is Thomas, 18 years old, and I live in San Diego, California. I started learning the piano and following the piano lessons about 2 months ago. The first song I learned from reading a piano sheet was Pachelbel's Canon!! (arranged by Marion Verhaalen) Very Happy

Awesome! pachelbel's canon is such a great piece of music! very lovely on the ears! what else are you learning these days?

Hey thx for the reply! Right now I'm learning First Love by Utada Hikaru. <3 that song haha.

talkwittme

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-04

http://www.themoua.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AderEN Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:51 am

Hello everyone!
Adrienne here!
i am just a youngin, soon to be 18 in alberta CANADA. I have been following Andrew's videos from his very first lesson. He told me about this awesome new thing he was doing and he just put up his first lesson. It was grand! i am glad it has taken off so well! it is really a great thing you are doing Andrew!

AderEN
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

To get this started... Empty Greetings for all

Post by maggiekedves Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:40 am

Hi there

I just cant believe it... !! It is 3:30 am and I just barely signed up... That should tell Im a tiny bit obsessed with piano these days.
Anyway I am Maggie I was born in Budapest Hungary. I moved to the US almost 2 years ago. I live in Salt Lake City for few more weeks.
I played the flute for 8 years in elementary but I always envied those who could play the piano. Few weeks ago I signed up for piano class at the college. This stuff is pretty addictive. I wish I could play and practice a lot - instead of doing other homework or sleep?!?!? LOL.
I got to "know" Andrew 2 hours ago. I watched the first few videos and decided I need to watch all of them. So there is a long road ahead of me but Im kinda galloping these days.

I study from the Adult Piano Adventures All-In-One and I love it. I bought a version with accompaniment CD and it helps me tons with the timing. Besides that we are getting ready for recitals - which is pretty crazy for me after a month or so.

Andrew you are INCREDIBLE and I mean it!!! I really feel for you but I believe there is always a reason things happen to us and you grew so much.
sunny I am looking forward to learn a lot. I better go to sleep now. Sleep
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jussi Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Hello all. My name is Jussi and I live in Finland. I've been playing the piano since last summer. I'm a geek.

Last may I was fooling around with an app that allowed "playing" a computer keyboard. While poking at the keys I accidentally managed to play the first four notes of ode to joy, and something went into me: I desperately wanted a piano. Since I couldn't afford a proper one, I bought the cheapest thing I could find at the Finnish equivalent to ebay. After playing it for a while and being convinced that I really liked to play, I bought a decent Yamaha digital piano.

I play approximately 30m-1h a day. I'd like to play more than I do but unfortunately work and my studies at the university get in the way sometimes. So far I've learnt Für Elise (the easy part), Gymnopedie no. 1, the beginning of Linus and Lucy, Allways look on the bright side of life by Monty Python, and some really simple stuff from a beginner's book. Next I'll try to learn moonlight sonata, first movement (I'm already on the second page! Wink).

Andrew, you rock! This site and your videos on YouTube are superb. Huge thanks for your efforts.

Jussi
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Computers, piano
Length of time playing piano : ~ 1 year

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:11 pm

maggiekedves wrote:Hi there

I just cant believe it... !! It is 3:30 am and I just barely signed up... That should tell Im a tiny bit obsessed with piano these days.
Anyway I am Maggie I was born in Budapest Hungary. I moved to the US almost 2 years ago. I live in Salt Lake City for few more weeks.
I played the flute for 8 years in elementary but I always envied those who could play the piano. Few weeks ago I signed up for piano class at the college. This stuff is pretty addictive. I wish I could play and practice a lot - instead of doing other homework or sleep?!?!? LOL.
I got to "know" Andrew 2 hours ago. I watched the first few videos and decided I need to watch all of them. So there is a long road ahead of me but Im kinda galloping these days.

I study from the Adult Piano Adventures All-In-One and I love it. I bought a version with accompaniment CD and it helps me tons with the timing. Besides that we are getting ready for recitals - which is pretty crazy for me after a month or so.

Andrew you are INCREDIBLE and I mean it!!! I really feel for you but I believe there is always a reason things happen to us and you grew so much.
sunny I am looking forward to learn a lot. I better go to sleep now. Sleep

Wow! it's nice to meet you Maggie!

It sounds like you've got a really interesting story! I'm so glad you're learning to play the piano like you always wanted to!

Thank you SO much for the compliments as well ^_^ Yea even though things were tough, i'm happy the way things have worked out! ^_^ It's great getting to meet all of you!

I look forward to talking with you in the future! please post often and visit often Very Happy Take care!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:14 pm

Jussi wrote:Hello all. My name is Jussi and I live in Finland. I've been playing the piano since last summer. I'm a geek.

Last may I was fooling around with an app that allowed "playing" a computer keyboard. While poking at the keys I accidentally managed to play the first four notes of ode to joy, and something went into me: I desperately wanted a piano. Since I couldn't afford a proper one, I bought the cheapest thing I could find at the Finnish equivalent to ebay. After playing it for a while and being convinced that I really liked to play, I bought a decent Yamaha digital piano.

I play approximately 30m-1h a day. I'd like to play more than I do but unfortunately work and my studies at the university get in the way sometimes. So far I've learnt Für Elise (the easy part), Gymnopedie no. 1, the beginning of Linus and Lucy, Allways look on the bright side of life by Monty Python, and some really simple stuff from a beginner's book. Next I'll try to learn moonlight sonata, first movement (I'm already on the second page! Wink).

Andrew, you rock! This site and your videos on YouTube are superb. Huge thanks for your efforts.

Hey Jussi!

WELCOME! ^_^ it's GREAT to have you!

When you said you desperately want to play piano that really said something to me inside. It's that desire that people have that makes me want to share what i know with people, cause i know what it's like to desperately want to do something, and when you can't, it just sucks so bad. So, that's why I'm doing all this ^_^

Thank you so much for recognizing my efforts! I've spent a lot of my time working on this! So i hope it's useful!

I hope you'll become an active member int eh music community here! ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carly Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:44 am

So my name is Carly and I live in Prince George, BC with Andrew Laughing Me and him have been friends for quite a few years. I used to play piano a couple years ago, and he was my teacher but I've kind of quit now. I'm usually too busy with all my other activities, singing is my main thing. And I'm 17.. and thats about it!

Carly

Female Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Sportchek, singing, riding horses, swimming.
Length of time playing piano : On and off for about 4 years.
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next