Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To get this started...

+21
Biko
Thomandy
sunny
KlutzSY
The Royal Nobody
g0tfish
LizaTRENCHCOAT
Carly
Jussi
maggiekedves
AderEN
wamaral
kel2corkey
Jaymz
Snickzz
FtOrReEeSsT
KOH
talkwittme
maceyr
Admin Andrew
Jordan
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

To get this started... - Page 2 Empty Re: To get this started...

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:50 am

Carly wrote:So my name is Carly and I live in Prince George, BC with Andrew Laughing Me and him have been friends for quite a few years. I used to play piano a couple years ago, and he was my teacher but I've kind of quit now. I'm usually too busy with all my other activities, singing is my main thing. And I'm 17.. and thats about it!

Hey Carly!!! you posted on here!! yay! bounce Very Happy I'm so happy you came on here! Yea i know you're busy with your other stuff these days! but, you were really fun to teach and I'm glad I was able to teach you back in the good old days Very Happy

Thanks again for posting!! Very Happy I know your a busy woman!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

To get this started... - Page 2 Empty '-'

Post by LizaTRENCHCOAT Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm so happy the site is up!!
I've been watching Andrew's video's since like... last August?

Anyway, My name is Liza and I've been playing the piano since I was 5, (now I'm 16), but I stopped for about 3 years, and now I've started it up again!
My Grandma teaches me, since she is a concert pianist/organist/teacher and she's been playing for like... 70 years around the country. But yeah, to start up again, we're quickly going over "knaucht republic" (sp.) and for fun I'm doing "A thousand miles" by Venessa Carleton.

Anyway, yay! And I really like the CSS on the site, it's very classy!

Oh, and I live in Massachusetts, but I used to live in Ontario and Quebec.
LizaTRENCHCOAT
LizaTRENCHCOAT
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : pIaNo!
Length of time playing piano : 11 years, minus some time in between.
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:52 pm

LizaTRENCHCOAT wrote:I'm so happy the site is up!!
I've been watching Andrew's video's since like... last August?

Anyway, My name is Liza and I've been playing the piano since I was 5, (now I'm 16), but I stopped for about 3 years, and now I've started it up again!
My Grandma teaches me, since she is a concert pianist/organist/teacher and she's been playing for like... 70 years around the country. But yeah, to start up again, we're quickly going over "knaucht republic" (sp.) and for fun I'm doing "A thousand miles" by Venessa Carleton.

Anyway, yay! And I really like the CSS on the site, it's very classy!

Oh, and I live in Massachusetts, but I used to live in Ontario and Quebec.

Welcome Liza!!!! Very Happy I'm glad to have you! ^_^ wow! You grandma is a concert pianist? VERY nice! You should get her to join the forum as well I'd love to pick her brain some time Very Happy

Cool ^_^ you lived in canada, I actually used to live in Ontario before, that's where i was born. So are you Canadian or American?

Either way! Glad to have you aboard! I look forward to reading more posts from you in the future!!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizaTRENCHCOAT Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Thank-you "-"
Well, I was born in Canada (Kingston, Ontario) , but my mom is American, so I have both American and Canadian citizenship.

And yeah, actually I showed her this forum, because lately she's been going online whenever I'm "practising", and she thought it might be interesting for something to do if she wants to on her spare time.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
LizaTRENCHCOAT
LizaTRENCHCOAT
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : pIaNo!
Length of time playing piano : 11 years, minus some time in between.
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:25 pm

LizaTRENCHCOAT wrote:Thank-you "-"
Well, I was born in Canada (Kingston, Ontario) , but my mom is American, so I have both American and Canadian citizenship.

And yeah, actually I showed her this forum, because lately she's been going online whenever I'm "practising", and she thought it might be interesting for something to do if she wants to on her spare time.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Yay! well she's welcome here!

(PS dual citizenship rocks!)
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 am

Hello my name is Vy and i am 17.. i live in Chicago, IL. altho i've never taken lesson.. i was taught to read basic notes to play the recorder. i learned how to play Minuet, Chopstick, Moonlight Sonata, and Canon. Though it took a great deal of time to get the notes down since i have a hard time reading them. With Andrew's vid i hope i can improve and learn to play the piano..! i realli want learn how to play Minute Waltz by Chopin.
=]
Though i have no knowledge and no skills to contribute to this community and i am sorry!
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Currently unemployed, Car/mechanic, piano, sleeping and eating
Length of time playing piano : owned a keyboard since little with no experience until now
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:09 am

g0tfish wrote:Hello my name is Vy and i am 17.. i live in Chicago, IL. altho i've never taken lesson.. i was taught to read basic notes to play the recorder. i learned how to play Minuet, Chopstick, Moonlight Sonata, and Canon. Though it took a great deal of time to get the notes down since i have a hard time reading them. With Andrew's vid i hope i can improve and learn to play the piano..! i realli want learn how to play Minute Waltz by Chopin.
=]
Though i have no knowledge and no skills to contribute to this community and i am sorry!

Hey!! great to have you Smile

No worries if you have no skills yet ^_^ that's what we're for. Ask questions, and learn, and eventually you'll have knowledge as well! study Very Happy

Take care!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:14 am

Hi Vy sorry for the chat... it is kicking out if u r inactive...
I also played flute... if Im right recorder and flute are the same...
I love Chopin but it is so hard to play him... so far... but we will get there if you dont give up...
So welcome to the group Smile Hope to hear from you more
Maggie
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:55 am

=]
thanks for the warm welcome i will try my best!
flute is a lil harder than the recorder.. the way u hold it and "blow" into it is different -_-'' altho i never got to try the flute out like i wanted to.

oh and the chat thing.. lol thanks for the update about it kicking inactive Smile
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Length of time playing piano : owned a keyboard since little with no experience until now

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:58 am

g0tfish wrote:=]
thanks for the warm welcome i will try my best!
flute is a lil harder than the recorder.. the way u hold it and "blow" into it is different -_-'' altho i never got to try the flute out like i wanted to.

oh and the chat thing.. lol thanks for the update about it kicking inactive Smile

Yea it kicks inactive people which kind of sucks, but i didn't program the thing, i guess it makes sense, if only there was a way to extend the time before it kicks you.

Yes! i'm glad you feel welcome! ^_^ I see you're a car mechanic? I think that's awesome I love cars actually! I own an old school second gen RX7 FC lol it's pretty fun to drive around, but my apex seals are starting to get worn, and the compression is running low as a result, the whole thing will need a rebuild soon, which i'm NOT looking forward to...
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:58 am

Yea it kicks inactive people which kind of sucks, but i didn't program the thing, i guess it makes sense, if only there was a way to extend the time before it kicks you.

Yes! i'm glad you feel welcome! ^_^ I see you're a car mechanic? I think that's awesome I love cars actually! I own an old school second gen RX7 FC lol it's pretty fun to drive around, but my apex seals are starting to get worn, and the compression is running low as a result, the whole thing will need a rebuild soon, which i'm NOT looking forward to...

o0 thats not good.. ahh well i didnt have my car long.. rite now its broken down too.. im not professional mechanic.. i onli took one year of basic auto but i hope i can go even further as to working in of the dealers or not.. sum shop at least.

rebuilding is gonna b pricey.. well that depends.. r u goin to take it to a shop and get it done or u doin it urself? if ur doin it urself then u gonna save urself big bucks from labor charges.. unless u dunt know how to do it which sumtime is a problem for me.. sumtime theres just things u cant do when u dunt have the rite tool and what not.. im not sure how the apex seal works with the rotor since idk much about it...

i have a mitsubishi eclipse gs-t. all those fun times yet so short.. im too poor now to do anything with the car. it needs engine swap and prob new turbo -_-'' oh the joy to my pocket Sad

so how much did u get ur car for?
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:18 am

g0tfish wrote:

o0 thats not good.. ahh well i didnt have my car long.. rite now its broken down too.. im not professional mechanic.. i onli took one year of basic auto but i hope i can go even further as to working in of the dealers or not.. sum shop at least.

rebuilding is gonna b pricey.. well that depends.. r u goin to take it to a shop and get it done or u doin it urself? if ur doin it urself then u gonna save urself big bucks from labor charges.. unless u dunt know how to do it which sumtime is a problem for me.. sumtime theres just things u cant do when u dunt have the rite tool and what not.. im not sure how the apex seal works with the rotor since idk much about it...

i have a mitsubishi eclipse gs-t. all those fun times yet so short.. im too poor now to do anything with the car. it needs engine swap and prob new turbo -_-'' oh the joy to my pocket Sad

so how much did u get ur car for?

Sup g0tfish? Welcome to the forum dude, I forgot to greet you. Anyway, Andrew's on vacation to see his brother in Vancouver right now, he'll be back in April. In the mean time I'll be taking care of the forum. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to private message me or post in the forum for help. farao
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:08 am

Sup g0tfish? Welcome to the forum dude, I forgot to greet you. Anyway, Andrew's on vacation to see his brother in Vancouver right now, he'll be back in April. In the mean time I'll be taking care of the forum. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to private message me or post in the forum for help. farao

=]hello Jordan!! how r ya? hmm i hope u meant dude as just a word cuz im not realli a boy:shock:
and nyce to meet u too. u can call me Vy Razz and thats great to hear hes on vacation to see his bro cheers
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:18 pm

g0tfish wrote:

=]hello Jordan!! how r ya? hmm i hope u meant dude as just a word cuz im not realli a boy:shock:
and nyce to meet u too. u can call me Vy Razz and thats great to hear hes on vacation to see his bro cheers

I sha'll call you Vy, haha! And yeah, I'm aware that you're a girl. I just say the term "dude" quite frequently. Anyway, he'll be back pretty soon. I told him that while he's down there he should go to a few clubs with his bro and have a great time, and I hope he's doing that.
Jordan
Jordan

Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:36 am

Jordan wrote:

I sha'll call you Vy, haha! And yeah, I'm aware that you're a girl. I just say the term "dude" quite frequently. Anyway, he'll be back pretty soon. I told him that while he's down there he should go to a few clubs with his bro and have a great time, and I hope he's doing that.

yea lets hope hes doin that! so do u realli know him in RL?
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:39 am

g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:

yea lets hope hes doin that! so do u realli know him in RL?

We actually met randomly on youtube. I really loved his idea of posting videos to help out beginner pianists, and I decided to contact him since I'm a pianist as well (except I'm not as good as him, yet) and from there our friendship just clicked. We began to converse over MSN and he told me that he was about to launch his own website that will have a forum dedicated to piano, including a community for people to converse, and I thought that it would be a great idea to help him out as much as I can.

Hopefully one day as soon as I get my license in about a month, I told him that I'll try driving down to BC and have a great time hangin' around with him. I live in Toronto, Canada. It's pretty far away from his province, but it'd be nice to have a ride down there since I haven't been there before.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Royal Nobody Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Hello everybody,my name is rob. I'm 22 and live in the Netherlands
I've been playing piano for about half a year now.
Since I don't have a teacher irl, I guess I have to thank Andrew for his lessons, because at least I can play a little something now. A while ago I bought this second-hand piano and I have to say it sounds way better than my old keyboard. Now I'm even more eager to learn to play Very Happy
Anyway, I'll be asking my questions on the forum and I'm sure you all can help me Smile
The Royal Nobody
The Royal Nobody
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 28
Job/hobbies : Playing piano, drums, guitar. Philosophy, soccer, chess, squash and of course hanging out with frien
Length of time playing piano : about half a year
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:25 pm

The Royal Nobody wrote:Hello everybody,my name is rob. I'm 22 and live in the Netherlands
I've been playing piano for about half a year now.
Since I don't have a teacher irl, I guess I have to thank Andrew for his lessons, because at least I can play a little something now. A while ago I bought this second-hand piano and I have to say it sounds way better than my old keyboard. Now I'm even more eager to learn to play Very Happy
Anyway, I'll be asking my questions on the forum and I'm sure you all can help me Smile

Hey Rob, welcome to the forums! Don't hesitate to ask any questions. Very Happy
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:22 am

Jordan wrote:

We actually met randomly on youtube. I really loved his idea of posting videos to help out beginner pianists, and I decided to contact him since I'm a pianist as well (except I'm not as good as him, yet) and from there our friendship just clicked. We began to converse over MSN and he told me that he was about to launch his own website that will have a forum dedicated to piano, including a community for people to converse, and I thought that it would be a great idea to help him out as much as I can.

Hopefully one day as soon as I get my license in about a month, I told him that I'll try driving down to BC and have a great time hangin' around with him. I live in Toronto, Canada. It's pretty far away from his province, but it'd be nice to have a ride down there since I haven't been there before.

wow thats quite interesting! if i can do that. i prob wud.. but driving there.. wunt that b sum burning in ur pocket for gas? =]
its great that ur helpin him out too Smile
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:45 pm

g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:

wow thats quite interesting! if i can do that. i prob wud.. but driving there.. wunt that b sum burning in ur pocket for gas? =]

Yeah, it's pretty far. But honestly, I'd love to go down there because Toronto's almost exactly like New York (we're around 5-6 hours away from NY), and I'd love to go somewhere new for a change. Canada can be a beautiful place.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by g0tfish Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:38 am

Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty far. But honestly, I'd love to go down there because Toronto's almost exactly like New York (we're around 5-6 hours away from NY), and I'd love to go somewhere new for a change. Canada can be a beautiful place.

Itd b nyce to go on a roadtrip and not worry about gas money or money for a change u know.. i've been to Toronto many times when i was younger with my family. we stayed near chinatown? huzah so i can enjoy the fruits and food! mm
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:53 am

g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Itd b nyce to go on a roadtrip and not worry about gas money or money for a change u know.. i've been to Toronto many times when i was younger with my family. we stayed near chinatown? huzah so i can enjoy the fruits and food! mm

Yeah, it'd be awesome to not worry about gas money while going on a road trip. You've been to china town before? Cool! It's pretty cool down there. I can agree with you about the food and fruitys, haha.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:20 am

Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Yeah, it'd be awesome to not worry about gas money while going on a road trip. You've been to china town before? Cool! It's pretty cool down there. I can agree with you about the food and fruitys, haha.

Wooow guys u want to break a new world record in chaining the answers Laughing I need to join that effort.

I am not that old friend of Andrew like Jordan is.
But I consider myself friends with you guys (hope it is not offending for anyone me thinking about all of you as friends)... drunken so anyway I thought someday it would be fun to meet with Andrew and some of those who maybe can do it... well not in the very near future...
Hopefully we will keep in touch and a little while have a forum meeting Smile or is it a frightening thought to reveal the real person? silent
In the good old times I had some IRC meetings
(it was before the time of the messengers Shocked )
It was always interesting to see our group and we all know how Andrew looks like ... maybe he would be a little curious about us...
Ok ok I stop rambling... it is already 1:30 am here Sleep
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:11 am

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:
g0tfish wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Wooow guys u want to break a new world record in chaining the answers Laughing I need to join that effort.

I am not that old friend of Andrew like Jordan is.
But I consider myself friends with you guys (hope it is not offending for anyone me thinking about all of you as friends)... drunken so anyway I thought someday it would be fun to meet with Andrew and some of those who maybe can do it... well not in the very near future...
Hopefully we will keep in touch and a little while have a forum meeting Smile or is it a frightening thought to reveal the real person? silent
In the good old times I had some IRC meetings
(it was before the time of the messengers Shocked )
It was always interesting to see our group and we all know how Andrew looks like ... maybe he would be a little curious about us...
Ok ok I stop rambling... it is already 1:30 am here Sleep

Actually, that'd be a great idea. Meeting new people has always been interesting to me.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by KlutzSY Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi, my name's shi yun. It's a direct translation of my chinese name so it's pronunciation is weird.
I live in Singapore and I'm 17.I started playing the piano for 3 months . Mostly,i learn songs through youtube videos, and i'm on my 4th song. I haven't learn the basics so it sounds aweful.
Thanks for the site. Very Happy
KlutzSY
KlutzSY
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : drawing, reading
Length of time playing piano : since Dec'07
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next