Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angela & Thomas song disscussion

+4
VictorCS
pianohama
Angela
Thomandy
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:38 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Whoa nelly! I didn't realize that happened. I forgot I was using Andrew's computer and didn't log out and sign into MY account! oopsy! No worries, I'm still female!!!! Yeah split 8ves will cause some amount of stress on the hands. Yeah the second movement of the Schumann fantasie is really cool too. It's got a crazy coda at the end that is like all jumpy and crazy. My friend at University and I used to joke about it calling it the "mexican jumping bean" section! hahahaaa! Oh you should also check out the third movement of the Schumann fantasie. THAT movement is the one MANY people LOVE! Yes I'm going back to school pretty soon. Looking forward to it actually!!!! I'll be staying with some friends until september so I better be prepared for A LOT of pain because they have two boys age 2 and 4. THey like to beat me up. But they call it PLAYING!!! hahah!

Yeah, I cind of knew that it was something like that! No worries! Smile

Yup, Ill take a little break from that piece now. a day or two. The pain is almost gone, but still, I dont want to stress my finger Razz Okay, Ill check that out aswell then Very Happy Haha, mexican jumping bean Wink

So how often do you see Andrew when attendig school? Isnt it very far away?? Maby good with some pause after a whole vacation together Wink haha

Hehe, yeah, 2 and 4, thats a good age for sure Wink Alot of energy Wink

Btw:

hahaha! Yeah. I showed Andrew that post I sent under his name. We both thought it was funny when you were joking about me having a sex change. I really don't think Andrew would be all that happy about that!!! Wow and that was one amazing video of the Rondo alla turka played on classical guitar. now THAT takes some serious SKILLZ! Yes we'll be very far away from each other while I am at school since I will be in Ontario and he will be in Vancouver. Well we'll definitely get a LOOOOONG break from each other. Maybe a little too long but that'll change soon:) Are you still keeping up the Traumerei????

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:08 pm

Angela wrote:
hahaha! Yeah. I showed Andrew that post I sent under his name. We both thought it was funny when you were joking about me having a sex change. I really don't think Andrew would be all that happy about that!!! Wow and that was one amazing video of the Rondo alla turka played on classical guitar. now THAT takes some serious SKILLZ! Yes we'll be very far away from each other while I am at school since I will be in Ontario and he will be in Vancouver. Well we'll definitely get a LOOOOONG break from each other. Maybe a little too long but that'll change soon:) Are you still keeping up the Traumerei????

Hehe Wink Yeah, Im a funny guy, haha Wink Just kidding! Smile Its nice to have some fun, would be boring otherwise.
Hehe, No I am sure Andrew likes you just the way you are... in a female shaped type of thing Smile hhaha

Yeah. There are so many great musicians. Smile What is the name of your school? Is it a wellknown school?
I just posted a thread that was very interesting. About the dream, the effort and the life of an concertpianist. Interviewing a boy(12), a girl that attends Juliard, + Lang and Kissin Smile It was great. Its in the General Piano Discussion Topic. Consists of 9 parts... Ca 45min total.

I have it back in my mind at least. But I started a new big piece. Dont now really, but I actually think Its a Grade 8/9... Crip that told me so I think, dont remember. I guess I dont have to keep pieces a surprise anymore. Its Scott Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag Smile
I have memorized 2 pages. Too me about 1 hour, and Its going easy. I can play those two pages with both hands at a okay speed. Total till now 2 hours. Hm... It cant be 8/9... But I guess the L.H jumps can be hard to get at the right speed! Well...

And starting traumerei again tomorrow Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Hehe Wink Yeah, Im a funny guy, haha Wink Just kidding! Smile Its nice to have some fun, would be boring otherwise.
Hehe, No I am sure Andrew likes you just the way you are... in a female shaped type of thing Smile hhaha

Yeah. There are so many great musicians. Smile What is the name of your school? Is it a wellknown school?
I just posted a thread that was very interesting. About the dream, the effort and the life of an concertpianist. Interviewing a boy(12), a girl that attends Juliard, + Lang and Kissin Smile It was great. Its in the General Piano Discussion Topic. Consists of 9 parts... Ca 45min total.

I have it back in my mind at least. But I started a new big piece. Dont now really, but I actually think Its a Grade 8/9... Crip that told me so I think, dont remember. I guess I dont have to keep pieces a surprise anymore. Its Scott Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag Smile
I have memorized 2 pages. Too me about 1 hour, and Its going easy. I can play those two pages with both hands at a okay speed. Total till now 2 hours. Hm... It cant be 8/9... But I guess the L.H jumps can be hard to get at the right speed! Well...

And starting traumerei again tomorrow Smile

Oh hell! REALLY??? Maple leaf Rag?? FUN STUFF!!! That's like gr.10 level here so that's pretty advanced stuff! I'm looking forward to hearing that for sure! Funny guy? OMG like lately every time I see one of your posts, I end up laughing or something. Like this one where you said anrew would like me the way I am... in a female shaped type thing! I dunno, but to me, that sounds flipping hilarious!!!!!! Well I should check out that concert pianist thing sometime. Kissin is an amazing pianist and so is lang lang. To bad they don't have Yundi li in there! haha! We're both playing Schumann tomorrow!!!! I'm playing the whole Schumann Fantasie for a friend and you're gonna be playing Traumerei! SCHUMANN FEST! WOO HOO!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Holy ..! You memorized and play with an ok speed after 2 hours?! *admiring*.

*Leaving the room so Angela and him cotinu the disccussion* Wink
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:25 pm

CripKilla wrote:
Thomandy wrote:

haha! You don't have to leave the room!!!! Yay! Someone who is joining our discussion!!! Did you like how Thomandy thought I had a sex change because when I posted here, I was on Andrew's computer and forgot to sign into MY account! We both decided Andrew wouldn't be too happy if I did a crazy thing like THAT!!! I could see him now! AAAh! affraid yeah that`s CRAZY! Thomandy was able to memorize part of the maple leaf rag in 2 hours! (oh crap my computer is stuck on french mode!) yikes! I wish I were that fast!!!! haha! Are you a fast learner CripÉÉ (those are suppose to be question marks.... IF MY COMPUTER WEREN`T STUCK ON FRENCH MODE!) I`m a tortoise and Thomandy is a hare! rabbit

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:26 pm

Angela wrote:
Oh hell! REALLY??? Maple leaf Rag?? FUN STUFF!!! That's like gr.10 level here so that's pretty advanced stuff! I'm looking forward to hearing that for sure! Funny guy? OMG like lately every time I see one of your posts, I end up laughing or something. Like this one where you said anrew would like me the way I am... in a female shaped type thing! I dunno, but to me, that sounds flipping hilarious!!!!!! Well I should check out that concert pianist thing sometime. Kissin is an amazing pianist and so is lang lang. To bad they don't have Yundi li in there! haha! We're both playing Schumann tomorrow!!!! I'm playing the whole Schumann Fantasie for a friend and you're gonna be playing Traumerei! SCHUMANN FEST! WOO HOO!

Yupp. I tryed to start it last week, and I said to myselfe then that That was way to hard... But I decided to give it a real try. So I did. I can play the half 1 page at perfect speed! Im a bit shocked right now. Its going way to fast Shocked But the second page is a bit harder. I know 50 % of the piece now by hart. But I have just concted the hands on the second part, so thats amazingly slow Razz hehe But FUN Very Happy Its sooo fun! Very Happy

Haha, yeah Wink Female shaped type of thing is probably in his intrest, unless he turns gay anytime soon Razz
Hopefully that wont happen Razz haha

Yeah, I wanted Yundi Li in there aswell, but I like Lang Lang and Kissen to. But Kissen got some strange interpetations. Not my type I think.. But he got some that suits me perfect aswell Smile

Oh, dam.. I forgot Traumerei today! Razz To busy with Joplins Piece Razz hehe So how did you performance go? Smile Schumannfest! Wink hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Angela wrote:
CripKilla wrote:
Thomandy wrote:

haha! You don't have to leave the room!!!! Yay! Someone who is joining our discussion!!! Did you like how Thomandy thought I had a sex change because when I posted here, I was on Andrew's computer and forgot to sign into MY account! We both decided Andrew wouldn't be too happy if I did a crazy thing like THAT!!! I could see him now! AAAh! affraid yeah that`s CRAZY! Thomandy was able to memorize part of the maple leaf rag in 2 hours! (oh crap my computer is stuck on french mode!) yikes! I wish I were that fast!!!! haha! Are you a fast learner CripÉÉ (those are suppose to be question marks.... IF MY COMPUTER WEREN`T STUCK ON FRENCH MODE!) I`m a tortoise and Thomandy is a hare! rabbit

Haha,,, you barly posted before me Razz Razz
You are way faster than me. You learned 30min of play in one day Razz I have learned 1min30sec of play in two days(2 hours)
And its repeded sections, haha Very Happy

Yeah, welcome crip. We dont discriminate Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Very Happy

Thomandy wrote:

Yeah, I wanted Yundi Li in there aswell, but I like Lang Lang and Kissen to. But Kissen got some strange interpetations. Not my type I think.. But he got some that suits me perfect aswell Smile

Maybe because of his afro but he looks strange! :shocked:
I like Paderewski..! Laughing
Horowitz rule. There he is, playing the best Polonaise I ever heard!
So you're playing Traumerei? What a beautiful song!
Hey hey Maple leaf looks tricky! But it's those kind of song of who make you happy just by listening it! Very Happy

Angela wrote:Did you like how Thomandy thought I had a sex change because when I posted here, I was on Andrew's computer and forgot to sign into MY account!

Laughing
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:11 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
CripKilla wrote:
Thomandy wrote:

Haha,,, you barly posted before me Razz Razz
You are way faster than me. You learned 30min of play in one day Razz I have learned 1min30sec of play in two days(2 hours)
And its repeded sections, haha Very Happy

Yeah, welcome crip. We dont discriminate Wink

haha! Well actually it took me a month just to LEARN the notes to that 30 minute piece. But it only takes me ONE day to play through it now since I am getting better at it. It used to take me TWO days to play through it!!!! But yeah. I think I've gotten faster at learning pieces but before it took me quite a while to! ??? Hey look! I think my computer isn't stuck on french mode anymore! Anyways, I'm playing the whole Schumann fantasie today so we'll see how THAT goes! yikes! Me nervous! How is maple leaf rag going? yeah Joplin has some fun music!!!! How is Traumerei coming? As for me, I've hit a bit of a brick wall with my repertoire so I'm taking a little break here. Some times, taking a LITTLE break if things are getting frustrating is a good idea so you can return to practising all refreshed and relaxed:) haha! I used to think taking breaks from practising was a sign of being lazy but if anything, it HELPS! hahaha

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Angela wrote:
haha! Well actually it took me a month just to LEARN the notes to that 30 minute piece. But it only takes me ONE day to play through it now since I am getting better at it. It used to take me TWO days to play through it!!!! But yeah. I think I've gotten faster at learning pieces but before it took me quite a while to! ??? Hey look! I think my computer isn't stuck on french mode anymore! Anyways, I'm playing the whole Schumann fantasie today so we'll see how THAT goes! yikes! Me nervous! How is maple leaf rag going? yeah Joplin has some fun music!!!! How is Traumerei coming? As for me, I've hit a bit of a brick wall with my repertoire so I'm taking a little break here. Some times, taking a LITTLE break if things are getting frustrating is a good idea so you can return to practising all refreshed and relaxed:) haha! I used to think taking breaks from practising was a sign of being lazy but if anything, it HELPS! hahaha

Aaaah Smile I see Smile But that is still awesome! I guess you got to be exstra carefull when you are learning pieces that long.

Hehe, frenchmode isnt to good. I think its just to turn on and of the pc. I have been stuck in different modes before to. All specialsigns are missplaced Razz And I am sure th Fantasie ges just fine Wink YOu are a pro Wink

Maple Leaf Rag goes very well. I can almost play the whole first page at perfect speed. Its slower than some I have ssen n youtube, but acording to the sheets I got it right. I still mess up some though. But I have had some perfect" playtroughs on the first page Smile

Traumerei... hehe, Im starting again soon. Im a bit exited about Joplin and my own composition so.. but Ill be back in it soon Smile Let me know how the Fantasie went! Smile

Yeah.. Breaks. I have taken 1day breaks 3 times since I started Piano In April n purpose. Cause I felt I had played to much. And the brain keeps on working on the pieces even though you take longer breaks. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:08 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Aaaah Smile I see Smile But that is still awesome! I guess you got to be exstra carefull when you are learning pieces that long.

Hehe, frenchmode isnt to good. I think its just to turn on and of the pc. I have been stuck in different modes before to. All specialsigns are missplaced Razz And I am sure th Fantasie ges just fine Wink YOu are a pro Wink

Maple Leaf Rag goes very well. I can almost play the whole first page at perfect speed. Its slower than some I have ssen n youtube, but acording to the sheets I got it right. I still mess up some though. But I have had some perfect" playtroughs on the first page Smile

Traumerei... hehe, Im starting again soon. Im a bit exited about Joplin and my own composition so.. but Ill be back in it soon Smile Let me know how the Fantasie went! Smile

Yeah.. Breaks. I have taken 1day breaks 3 times since I started Piano In April n purpose. Cause I felt I had played to much. And the brain keeps on working on the pieces even though you take longer breaks. Smile

Hi Thomandy! Yeah these big monster pieces require a LOT of time since they have like MILLIONS of notes! As for running through the whole fantasie? It actually went well. I got through it at least and didn't faint so THAT had to be a good sign! I was having a bit of a nervous break down before I had to play because the piece lasts a half hour and I wasn't sure I could actually GET THROUGH it! But I did! Woo hoo! Anyways, Andrew was trying to video my fantasie right? Well we didn't actually end up finishing it because a MOTH (!@#$!) was flying around by my legs and looked like it was going to fly up at me. So I saw it and (being the jumpy person I am) I JUMPED off the piano and started screaming (yes I am VERY high strung. Andrew can confirm THAT little fact! haha). So here we are the video is STILL going and we're CHASING this moth around! And Andrew was just SWEARING and YELLING.... OMG it was hilarious. And it was all caught on video too! I told him he isn't allowed to post THAT on YouTube since it is rather embarrassing! haha. Actually it's kinda funny NOW that I think about it:) well have fun playing joplin:) Ragtime sounds like a lot of fun!!!! I'm totally looking forward to hearing that someday!!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:10 pm

Angela wrote:
Hi Thomandy! Yeah these big monster pieces require a LOT of time since they have like MILLIONS of notes! As for running through the whole fantasie? It actually went well. I got through it at least and didn't faint so THAT had to be a good sign! I was having a bit of a nervous break down before I had to play because the piece lasts a half hour and I wasn't sure I could actually GET THROUGH it! But I did! Woo hoo! Anyways, Andrew was trying to video my fantasie right? Well we didn't actually end up finishing it because a MOTH (!@#$!) was flying around by my legs and looked like it was going to fly up at me. So I saw it and (being the jumpy person I am) I JUMPED off the piano and started screaming (yes I am VERY high strung. Andrew can confirm THAT little fact! haha). So here we are the video is STILL going and we're CHASING this moth around! And Andrew was just SWEARING and YELLING.... OMG it was hilarious. And it was all caught on video too! I told him he isn't allowed to post THAT on YouTube since it is rather embarrassing! haha. Actually it's kinda funny NOW that I think about it:) well have fun playing joplin:) Ragtime sounds like a lot of fun!!!! I'm totally looking forward to hearing that someday!!!!!

Yeah. Its alot of work I guess! BUT- You got t upload that video!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
That would be a great vid to see. Haha, I can picture it. Its just fun right? So why not do it Wink I would love to see that movie, haha!! Very Happy Well, Im a bit "afraid" of these strange small animalthingies myselfe Razz So im not going to laugh to much, haha, since I probably would have done the same thing.. Razz So, get over it, its not embarrassing Wink hehehe
Those are the videos that win 100 000 dollars on these US-Home Video Shows Wink

Well, yeah. I only got two parts to learn and I have learned it. But I guess its gona take some work to get it up to speed. The fun thing is that if I just play the things I have learned now, lets say at half the speed, I "never" mess up. So I guess the only reason this piece is so highly ranked, is the speed. If I try to play the second part at high speed I mess up all the time. But I got it soon- The third part that Im learning soon is the hardest. 3finger over octave jumps at HIGH speed... think that will take me some weeks to master to be honest Sad

Still looking forward to your performance, if those MOTHS just can leave you alone Wink haha
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yeah. Its alot of work I guess! BUT- You got t upload that video!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
That would be a great vid to see. Haha, I can picture it. Its just fun right? So why not do it Wink I would love to see that movie, haha!! Very Happy Well, Im a bit "afraid" of these strange small animalthingies myselfe Razz So im not going to laugh to much, haha, since I probably would have done the same thing.. Razz So, get over it, its not embarrassing Wink hehehe
Those are the videos that win 100 000 dollars on these US-Home Video Shows Wink

Well, yeah. I only got two parts to learn and I have learned it. But I guess its gona take some work to get it up to speed. The fun thing is that if I just play the things I have learned now, lets say at half the speed, I "never" mess up. So I guess the only reason this piece is so highly ranked, is the speed. If I try to play the second part at high speed I mess up all the time. But I got it soon- The third part that Im learning soon is the hardest. 3finger over octave jumps at HIGH speed... think that will take me some weeks to master to be honest Sad

Still looking forward to your performance, if those MOTHS just can leave you alone Wink haha

UPLOAD it??? hahahaha! I dunno! It's quite something. It was so icky, that moth! It was all HUGE and GREY and we could see its like FUR and ANTENAE!!!!! Yes it's quite funny! Me and Andrew need to watch it to see how it went. Well, I've never played Maple Leaf rag before, but I think what also makes it difficult is the rhythm. Ragtime and jazz can have complicated rhythms:) And the 8ves probably make it difficult too. But it sounds like you are managing quite well! Yeah, I hope we can record them fantasie soon. We will probably do it today since it is raining so the moths shouldn't be out!!!!!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:15 pm

By, the way, that was angela again...jeez she should learn to log out hey? hahahahaha Laughing
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:43 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
UPLOAD it??? hahahaha! I dunno! It's quite something. It was so icky, that moth! It was all HUGE and GREY and we could see its like FUR and ANTENAE!!!!! Yes it's quite funny! Me and Andrew need to watch it to see how it went. Well, I've never played Maple Leaf rag before, but I think what also makes it difficult is the rhythm. Ragtime and jazz can have complicated rhythms:) And the 8ves probably make it difficult too. But it sounds like you are managing quite well! Yeah, I hope we can record them fantasie soon. We will probably do it today since it is raining so the moths shouldn't be out!!!!!

Haha, yeah!!! Upload! WinkWink

Well, the rythm isnt any problem. But the pedaling is actually. Couse I want to create a exiting lefthand, and to do that I need to use some funny pedalmoves And some mixed stacato-types of lefthandwork. Im practicing that now since i Can play up to tempo on the first half without errors almost everytime Razz But Im starting the Real Hard Trio (third part) *Looking up what Trio means* hehe The jumps are just as fast but dubble distance... Now thats challanging. Might not be good enough yet!!

Hehe, yeah, are you hinting to Andrew that you might, someday... consider a sexchange?? Surprised

Yeah, keep those Moths away! Haha, I actually dont really know what a moth is, but I think its kind of the same thing as those small flying creatures that there where alot of in the movie "silence of the lambs" In norway they are called *Nattsvermer* or translated - NightCrawlers - Is it the same? Razz hhaa
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:14 am

Thomandy wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:

Haha, yeah!!! Upload! WinkWink

Well, the rythm isnt any problem. But the pedaling is actually. Couse I want to create a exiting lefthand, and to do that I need to use some funny pedalmoves And some mixed stacato-types of lefthandwork. Im practicing that now since i Can play up to tempo on the first half without errors almost everytime Razz But Im starting the Real Hard Trio (third part) *Looking up what Trio means* hehe The jumps are just as fast but dubble distance... Now thats challanging. Might not be good enough yet!!

Hehe, yeah, are you hinting to Andrew that you might, someday... consider a sexchange?? Surprised

Yeah, keep those Moths away! Haha, I actually dont really know what a moth is, but I think its kind of the same thing as those small flying creatures that there where alot of in the movie "silence of the lambs" In norway they are called *Nattsvermer* or translated - NightCrawlers - Is it the same? Razz hhaa

haha! No I am NOT getting a sex change! lol!!! Yeah jumps ARE tricky. And there are so many ways to DO jumps that it can be hard to decide WHICH way is the BEST way!!! Jumps. I ALWAYS have pieces with JUMPS in them. And like BIG jumps too!!! La Campanella had jumps, Schumann FANTASIE had jumps, Hungarian rhapsody no.12 had a lot of JUMPS too!!! Yeah moths are like grey coloured and kinda LOOK like butterflies except their bodies are grey and fuzzy and they are fatter looking. Their wings are a bit smaller and have a different shape too. Hmmm I've never SEEN "Silence of the Lambs." Isn't that a kind of a scary movie? haha! I'm such a wimp! Andrew had to use the phone so he let me play a game on his wii (can't remember what it was called) and I was so SCARED that I was practically having a HEARTATTACK....... AND NOTHING HAD EVEN HAPPENED! I was just STANDING there the whole time! I was like "Aaaa! pale Andrew?? HURRY! Something's gonna jump out at me!!! affraid " Anyways, Having fun with the Maple leaf rag! What a piece! It's soooo cool!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Angela wrote:
haha! No I am NOT getting a sex change! lol!!! Yeah jumps ARE tricky. And there are so many ways to DO jumps that it can be hard to decide WHICH way is the BEST way!!! Jumps. I ALWAYS have pieces with JUMPS in them. And like BIG jumps too!!! La Campanella had jumps, Schumann FANTASIE had jumps, Hungarian rhapsody no.12 had a lot of JUMPS too!!! Yeah moths are like grey coloured and kinda LOOK like butterflies except their bodies are grey and fuzzy and they are fatter looking. Their wings are a bit smaller and have a different shape too. Hmmm I've never SEEN "Silence of the Lambs." Isn't that a kind of a scary movie? haha! I'm such a wimp! Andrew had to use the phone so he let me play a game on his wii (can't remember what it was called) and I was so SCARED that I was practically having a HEARTATTACK....... AND NOTHING HAD EVEN HAPPENED! I was just STANDING there the whole time! I was like "Aaaa! pale Andrew?? HURRY! Something's gonna jump out at me!!! affraid " Anyways, Having fun with the Maple leaf rag! What a piece! It's soooo cool!

Haha, yeah Smile But you shuld se Silence of the lambs. Its a Scarymovie from the good old times. Thriller really!! Very exiting and well played Smile You can have Andrew closeby, in the cauch and you can both sit and scream and be scared together Wink hehe
Hehe, so he gt the Wii. I got one to! What game was that?? Im looking for a good Game these days. But if it was Resident Evil 4?? I alreday got that one Razz You would be the perfect victem in a horrormovie. Wink Or maybe not, since all scarymovievictems always walks back into scary places or walks out alone or something dumb like that. I guess you wuold have ran to safety instead, unless this murderer would have followed you trough the woods. That would have been scary Razz

So there is different ways of jumping also? Hehe Razz I only know one then I guess Razz The way I have aproached this piece is Slow, slow and slow. Then I have tyred to get the rythm in at a slow paste and sudanly the jumps just stick when I gradually can do it faster. But I only got small octavelenght jumps atm, the almost 2ocatevelenght jumps might be harder since I also got to land with 3 fingers betwen sharps and flats... But ll go slow, and when it wants to it will work! Smile It has taken me 6 hours to play section A and B upto speed. And its a type of piece that when you got it, its hard to mess up, because I got it "perfect" 8/10times already. But as I have said; Section C is hardest. And Section D is back to normal Smile

How do you practice jumps, or if you practiced jumps before? And how is the different jumptypes?
Tricks you got? Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:18 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Haha, yeah Smile But you shuld se Silence of the lambs. Its a Scarymovie from the good old times. Thriller really!! Very exiting and well played Smile You can have Andrew closeby, in the cauch and you can both sit and scream and be scared together Wink hehe
Hehe, so he gt the Wii. I got one to! What game was that?? Im looking for a good Game these days. But if it was Resident Evil 4?? I alreday got that one Razz You would be the perfect victem in a horrormovie. Wink Or maybe not, since all scarymovievictems always walks back into scary places or walks out alone or something dumb like that. I guess you wuold have ran to safety instead, unless this murderer would have followed you trough the woods. That would have been scary Razz

So there is different ways of jumping also? Hehe Razz I only know one then I guess Razz The way I have aproached this piece is Slow, slow and slow. Then I have tyred to get the rythm in at a slow paste and sudanly the jumps just stick when I gradually can do it faster. But I only got small octavelenght jumps atm, the almost 2ocatevelenght jumps might be harder since I also got to land with 3 fingers betwen sharps and flats... But ll go slow, and when it wants to it will work! Smile It has taken me 6 hours to play section A and B upto speed. And its a type of piece that when you got it, its hard to mess up, because I got it "perfect" 8/10times already. But as I have said; Section C is hardest. And Section D is back to normal Smile

How do you practice jumps, or if you practiced jumps before? And how is the different jumptypes?
Tricks you got? Smile

Yeah! It was Resident evil 4!!!! OMG. I was like having a heart attack and I was only at the beginning!!!! lol! Andrew would LAUGH at me if we were watching a scary movie together! Because I get so SCARED he would find it amusing to see me jump out of my skin!!!! Probably scarymovievictims walk into scary places without REALIZING it because they are so FRAZZLED that they can't THINK!!!!! hahaha! affraid Yeah slow is one of the BEST ways to practise jumps!!! You have a 2 octave jump in the Maple leaf rag? Hmmm. that's quite the distance. grrr! I wish I had a camera. then I could SHOW you what I do. It's a little easier for me to show people what I do. I'm TERRIBLE with words!!!! Hmmm. I'd have to think about that one:) Have you tried practising the jumps QUICKLY? I mean.... slowly is GOOD so you know the distance of the leap and you know what note to aim for, but practising the jumps quickly also helps since that works your REFLEXES. Anyways, give that some thought. Andrew might have other ideas too, so I don't know if you had asked him yet. But If I think up of anything that I can actually EXPLAIN properly, I'll let you know!!!! Oh and or COURSE be sure to stay relaxed and don't like LOCK your hands into ONE position since that limits (or restricts) ANY flexibility and freedom that you DESPERATELY NEED in times on JUMPING!!!! Wow. I can TOTALLY see you playing La Campanella one of these days! That piece is like jump city central! hahahaha!! tongue

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:32 am

Angela wrote:
Yeah! It was Resident evil 4!!!! OMG. I was like having a heart attack and I was only at the beginning!!!! lol! Andrew would LAUGH at me if we were watching a scary movie together! Because I get so SCARED he would find it amusing to see me jump out of my skin!!!! Probably scarymovievictims walk into scary places without REALIZING it because they are so FRAZZLED that they can't THINK!!!!! hahaha! affraid Yeah slow is one of the BEST ways to practise jumps!!! You have a 2 octave jump in the Maple leaf rag? Hmmm. that's quite the distance. grrr! I wish I had a camera. then I could SHOW you what I do. It's a little easier for me to show people what I do. I'm TERRIBLE with words!!!! Hmmm. I'd have to think about that one:) Have you tried practising the jumps QUICKLY? I mean.... slowly is GOOD so you know the distance of the leap and you know what note to aim for, but practising the jumps quickly also helps since that works your REFLEXES. Anyways, give that some thought. Andrew might have other ideas too, so I don't know if you had asked him yet. But If I think up of anything that I can actually EXPLAIN properly, I'll let you know!!!! Oh and or COURSE be sure to stay relaxed and don't like LOCK your hands into ONE position since that limits (or restricts) ANY flexibility and freedom that you DESPERATELY NEED in times on JUMPING!!!! Wow. I can TOTALLY see you playing La Campanella one of these days! That piece is like jump city central! hahahaha!! tongue

Yeah, thats a great Game Very Happy Hehe, I try to get scared when watching scarymovies. Or else its no fun. So Im always trying to really live in the movie Wink haha

Well. Yeah, I have no theoretical info about jumps, BUT, I actually do thos things you say. I started out locked But I soon found out that just having my hand totally relaxed, and let loose and gave away my "controll" resulted in great results. The jumps are no problem atm, but I havnt started Section C yet. Thats where the fast 2octave jumps are. And its back and forth All the time. Alot of fun Very Happy But yeah, I also practice Quick jumps. I allways play around with pieces that way. Just trying to to as fast as possible. If I ONLY mess up I go a bit slower, even though I mess up some. But I can play the Maple Leaf rag 1/2 of it, without missing any single key, at correct tempo 8/10 times. Im stunned, I can understand Surprised But I need some motivation to start Section C. Im not motivated atm... I got to find a Job, and that is stressing me a bit! Sad hehehe

Saw you in the Chat but you where gone! Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:59 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yeah, thats a great Game Very Happy Hehe, I try to get scared when watching scarymovies. Or else its no fun. So Im always trying to really live in the movie Wink haha

Well. Yeah, I have no theoretical info about jumps, BUT, I actually do thos things you say. I started out locked But I soon found out that just having my hand totally relaxed, and let loose and gave away my "controll" resulted in great results. The jumps are no problem atm, but I havnt started Section C yet. Thats where the fast 2octave jumps are. And its back and forth All the time. Alot of fun Very Happy But yeah, I also practice Quick jumps. I allways play around with pieces that way. Just trying to to as fast as possible. If I ONLY mess up I go a bit slower, even though I mess up some. But I can play the Maple Leaf rag 1/2 of it, without missing any single key, at correct tempo 8/10 times. Im stunned, I can understand Surprised But I need some motivation to start Section C. Im not motivated atm... I got to find a Job, and that is stressing me a bit! Sad hehehe

Saw you in the Chat but you where gone! Razz

ah JOB hunting! Always a bit of a stress. I'm already starting NOW even though I'm still going to school since next year I'm gonna NEED a job!!!! I have no idea where I'm going to be next year so we'll just have to see how things turn out. Aaa! I hate the unknown! But at least the jumps aren't a big issue for you!!!! Speaking of jumps, I think there's a whole psychological thing to it too. I remember playing the coda of the second movement of the Schumann fantasie (ya know the mexican jumping bean?) and it was SUPER jumpy! Anyways, for some REASON I was able to pull off the LARGER jumps CLEANER than the SHORTER jumps. For the LIFE of myself, I just COULD NOT get these SMALL jumps! So of course this seems a bit hilarious to my teacher so he starts laughing at me. I asked for an explanation to this whole jump thing and he said it's because I'm not thinking about the LARGER jumps as much. Well! He was right! I just sort of... DID them and they WORKED! But yeah. I can be a bit of a freak. Like when I was going my grade 3 piano exam, I think I got in the low to mid 80s. Then on my grade 10 exam I got like 90% and then in my ARCT exam, I got 92%! Sounds a bit backwards huh? hahaha!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:26 am

Angela wrote:
ah JOB hunting! Always a bit of a stress. I'm already starting NOW even though I'm still going to school since next year I'm gonna NEED a job!!!! I have no idea where I'm going to be next year so we'll just have to see how things turn out. Aaa! I hate the unknown! But at least the jumps aren't a big issue for you!!!! Speaking of jumps, I think there's a whole psychological thing to it too. I remember playing the coda of the second movement of the Schumann fantasie (ya know the mexican jumping bean?) and it was SUPER jumpy! Anyways, for some REASON I was able to pull off the LARGER jumps CLEANER than the SHORTER jumps. For the LIFE of myself, I just COULD NOT get these SMALL jumps! So of course this seems a bit hilarious to my teacher so he starts laughing at me. I asked for an explanation to this whole jump thing and he said it's because I'm not thinking about the LARGER jumps as much. Well! He was right! I just sort of... DID them and they WORKED! But yeah. I can be a bit of a freak. Like when I was going my grade 3 piano exam, I think I got in the low to mid 80s. Then on my grade 10 exam I got like 90% and then in my ARCT exam, I got 92%! Sounds a bit backwards huh? hahaha!

Yup. Im not sure what I want to do, so its hard to get things going Razz So what job are you looking for?? MiniConcert - Pianist Wink

Well, not yet at least. I have slower and shorter jumps in my Kakariko Village. It was actually harder to do those since i learned that before I started Maple.. I guess thats why Im not having big problems with thos jumps. Smile
Aah, so your longer jumps where the best, hehe, I can see why that might be a bit strange =) But I have t look at my jumphand, so I have focused on Not lookig at my Righthand while playing to be able to focus on the lefthand Smile

Hehe, well. It might not be so strange those exams-thingies Smile Since you probably put alot more into it now than when you where in grade 3. But 92 is very, very good I have come to understand. You should be very happy with that one Smile
So is there anyting abow ARCT - What does it mean exactly? I might take some exams sometime to. But then I probably have t learn pieces I dont want t learn, hehe... Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:41 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yup. Im not sure what I want to do, so its hard to get things going Razz So what job are you looking for?? MiniConcert - Pianist Wink

Well, not yet at least. I have slower and shorter jumps in my Kakariko Village. It was actually harder to do those since i learned that before I started Maple.. I guess thats why Im not having big problems with thos jumps. Smile
Aah, so your longer jumps where the best, hehe, I can see why that might be a bit strange =) But I have t look at my jumphand, so I have focused on Not lookig at my Righthand while playing to be able to focus on the lefthand Smile

Hehe, well. It might not be so strange those exams-thingies Smile Since you probably put alot more into it now than when you where in grade 3. But 92 is very, very good I have come to understand. You should be very happy with that one Smile
So is there anyting abow ARCT - What does it mean exactly? I might take some exams sometime to. But then I probably have t learn pieces I dont want t learn, hehe... Razz

haha! As for Job searching, I'm starting out with teaching positions. MAN would it EVER be nice to do the whole concert pianist thing though! Yeah I do the same thing to when one hand jumps and the other doesn't. I have to memorize ONE hand so I can watch the JUMPING hand. Heck, I even have to do that when I have crazy passages where BOTH hands are jumping! As for my ARCT exam (oh and ARCT stands for Associate of Royal Conservatory Teachers..... I think) I was really proud of that. Actually, I was shocked because I didn't think getting over the 80s was even POSSIBLE! I called my teacher Dr Wood immediately but he wasn't in. But he was SO anxious to hear what my mark was that he called me RIGHT after he got back from the hospital affraid . Yeah I don't think there is a grade above ARCT. There are harder pieces but they aren't really graded. As for exams? Well I think they can be good for someone. Like you work on technique, ear training and sightreading. Plus it's a good chance to perform AND they are like goals you can work towards. BUT it depends. If you can stand playing and perfecting the SAME pieces and the technique for a long duration of time, then exams shouldn't be too painful:) BUT if you're one of those people who likes to learn a lot of pieces without staying on them for too long, then the exam thing might be a bit of a bother. Mind you, learning a BUNCH OF STUFF isn't bad either because you get through a LOT of pieces!!!!!! So yeah. That's my opinion about exams.

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:54 am

Angela wrote:
haha! As for Job searching, I'm starting out with teaching positions. MAN would it EVER be nice to do the whole concert pianist thing though! Yeah I do the same thing to when one hand jumps and the other doesn't. I have to memorize ONE hand so I can watch the JUMPING hand. Heck, I even have to do that when I have crazy passages where BOTH hands are jumping! As for my ARCT exam (oh and ARCT stands for Associate of Royal Conservatory Teachers..... I think) I was really proud of that. Actually, I was shocked because I didn't think getting over the 80s was even POSSIBLE! I called my teacher Dr Wood immediately but he wasn't in. But he was SO anxious to hear what my mark was that he called me RIGHT after he got back from the hospital affraid . Yeah I don't think there is a grade above ARCT. There are harder pieces but they aren't really graded. As for exams? Well I think they can be good for someone. Like you work on technique, ear training and sightreading. Plus it's a good chance to perform AND they are like goals you can work towards. BUT it depends. If you can stand playing and perfecting the SAME pieces and the technique for a long duration of time, then exams shouldn't be too painful:) BUT if you're one of those people who likes to learn a lot of pieces without staying on them for too long, then the exam thing might be a bit of a bother. Mind you, learning a BUNCH OF STUFF isn't bad either because you get through a LOT of pieces!!!!!! So yeah. That's my opinion about exams.

Yeah. You and Andrew can start as a Team Wink Suddanly you guys get bigger, and bigger. Then befor you know it you got a Private Conservatory together. Lots of young tallented pianist in any age are aplying to get int your conservatory. And you guys got to hire more teachers, and gets the biggest, greatest conservatory in Canada... Making A Lot of Money Wink

Ah, Yeah I think you should be very proud of 92 on The ARCT. That sound awesome! So is there really any chance at getting 100? Maybe people Like Yundi Li is the only one able to do that?!

I dont do any "real" sightreading, and no eartraining Razz I probably should do some, but... I get alot of good practice still, cause Ieven thoug I cant read and play I can read and instantly know where the notes are. At least between 4 and 1/2 octave. Its easy, cause I noticed that you can look at the staffs as a mirror. From the two lines below the basscleff and up to two bars over the treblecleff is just like a mirror.. It goes on, but C-C is easyest. Then Its also easy to know that the 3rd lines are A-E also.. So reading sheets goes easy. And at least Im getting better at separatng the bass and the melody when listening to piano. But maby ill practice it someday Smile

You got a point... Im not sure yet if Im the 100% perfecting kind of guy. I like to get it as good as possible... But I also want to learn alot of songs. Atm Im keeping Fur Elise, Turkish March and sometimes just run trough other small pieces to keep them in my memory at least.. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yeah. You and Andrew can start as a Team Wink Suddanly you guys get bigger, and bigger. Then befor you know it you got a Private Conservatory together. Lots of young tallented pianist in any age are aplying to get int your conservatory. And you guys got to hire more teachers, and gets the biggest, greatest conservatory in Canada... Making A Lot of Money Wink

Ah, Yeah I think you should be very proud of 92 on The ARCT. That sound awesome! So is there really any chance at getting 100? Maybe people Like Yundi Li is the only one able to do that?!

I dont do any "real" sightreading, and no eartraining Razz I probably should do some, but... I get alot of good practice still, cause Ieven thoug I cant read and play I can read and instantly know where the notes are. At least between 4 and 1/2 octave. Its easy, cause I noticed that you can look at the staffs as a mirror. From the two lines below the basscleff and up to two bars over the treblecleff is just like a mirror.. It goes on, but C-C is easyest. Then Its also easy to know that the 3rd lines are A-E also.. So reading sheets goes easy. And at least Im getting better at separatng the bass and the melody when listening to piano. But maby ill practice it someday Smile

You got a point... Im not sure yet if Im the 100% perfecting kind of guy. I like to get it as good as possible... But I also want to learn alot of songs. Atm Im keeping Fur Elise, Turkish March and sometimes just run trough other small pieces to keep them in my memory at least.. Smile

100% on an exam?? Gee I've never heard of THAT ever happening. Usually an examiner can find SOMETHING to dock a student on.... but if someone COULD do it, Yundi Li probably could!!!! Well it sounds like you are already doing some sighreading:) It's a good skill to have especially if you ever have to accompany other instruments of voice. You don't ALWAYS get A LOT of time to learn a piece so if your sighreading skills are good, then that helps. OMG. there's like this amazing sighreader/accomapnist guy in Victoria and I got him to accompany me for my Rhapsody on a theme by Paganini by Rachmaninov and he like SIGHREAD his part while I played along!!! AND HIS PART WAS SOOOO HARD! But that's interesting about the staffs being like a mirror:) I can't remember HOW I learned the staffs. All I know is it was extremely difficult! hahahahaa! That's good that you are keeping Fur Elise and Turkish march.... or rondo alla turka. However you wanna refer to it! haha! Those are great pieces and you worked VERY hard on them so you might as well keep'em!! Those pieces are timeless Very Happy

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:19 am

Angela wrote:
100% on an exam?? Gee I've never heard of THAT ever happening. Usually an examiner can find SOMETHING to dock a student on.... but if someone COULD do it, Yundi Li probably could!!!! Well it sounds like you are already doing some sighreading:) It's a good skill to have especially if you ever have to accompany other instruments of voice. You don't ALWAYS get A LOT of time to learn a piece so if your sighreading skills are good, then that helps. OMG. there's like this amazing sighreader/accomapnist guy in Victoria and I got him to accompany me for my Rhapsody on a theme by Paganini by Rachmaninov and he like SIGHREAD his part while I played along!!! AND HIS PART WAS SOOOO HARD! But that's interesting about the staffs being like a mirror:) I can't remember HOW I learned the staffs. All I know is it was extremely difficult! hahahahaa! That's good that you are keeping Fur Elise and Turkish march.... or rondo alla turka. However you wanna refer to it! haha! Those are great pieces and you worked VERY hard on them so you might as well keep'em!! Those pieces are timeless Very Happy

Yeah Smile Thats is probably almost impossible. Over 90 is Amazing! Smile
Yeah, Im getting better and better at reading sheets. But I cant play at the same time, hehe Razz If there is only one hand, I can do some, but.. Im gona practice sightreading while playing someday.. Are you good at that??

Oh, I see. I guess he was very impressing then. There are some great Sightreaders. I guess it takes time. Like: I can read fex a letter or something and typing at the same time. Dont need to watch the keyboard on the Pc. Its harder of course to play piano, But its the same idea, kind of Razz So maybe someday Smile

So it was hard to learn?? I thought the system was easy to understand, but I guess a 23 year old SHOULD pick the system up pretty fast Razz Its not hard at all. I used a couple of hours to get it. Basicely its just counting from Middle C, up and down. And lsuddanly you can count from other notes/keys and then one day, you know them by hart. Still some notes that I have to count, especially far over and under the cleffs.. =)

So, when are we going to see your performance?????? Wink hehe Now go Kick Andrews ass for being late Wink haha, just kidding of course. I know he is in the middle of settling. Smile And Btw; I have probably used 4times the time to get Fur Elise at a good level than the Ronda alla Turca.. I started Fur Elise, full score after 2 months, its a bit to soon Razz hehe... parhaps. Smile
And now since I got mouthdiarea I actually got the section C learned on the Maple LR. Only the easy section D left Very Happy
But Sec. C is VERY slow Razz Learned it last night!! Razz

Now Im gona stop Razz:P
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next