Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angela & Thomas song disscussion

+4
VictorCS
pianohama
Angela
Thomandy
8 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:50 am

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Aaah =) I see Wink Hehe..

But yeah, be carefull. I dont know how long you practice every day?? But I guess you used some houres on that 30min piece?
I found way down on this page:

http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/sheetmusic.php?franchise=TheLegendofZelda

Under; The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Filename: GRA-A-NDMA

I guess this is a song you can sightread pretty easy? Smile

Yeah! I gotta be real careful! How much do I usually practise everyday? Well..... a LOT! hahhahaha! Yeah I'm having some technical difficulties opening the GRA-A-NDMA song but that's only because I'm somewhat computer illiterate! Easy? Well I'm sure there must be SOME difficulties in that piece! hmmmm As soon as I get this thing to WORK! I'll see if I can learn this thing!!!!!!

You need a prog called Finale!! Smile It is a link in the mainpage to get that prog. If you want I can make a pic of and upload here. Its not copyrighted, so thats no problem Smile And, nah, no difficult aeras, just a couple places where you need to use both hands simultainusly Smile And the tempo is normally on 100 but I do it at 85ish couse I feel that sounds more emotional, but it also sound good at 100. Its just different =)

Hehe, alot?? And that means? 5-6 hours? I try to get atleast 1 hour, and sometimes I get to about 3-4 hours trough the day if im lucky, hehe Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:08 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Aaah =) I see Wink Hehe..

But yeah, be carefull. I dont know how long you practice every day?? But I guess you used some houres on that 30min piece?
I found way down on this page:

http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/sheetmusic.php?franchise=TheLegendofZelda

Under; The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Filename: GRA-A-NDMA

I guess this is a song you can sightread pretty easy? Smile

Yeah! I gotta be real careful! How much do I usually practise everyday? Well..... a LOT! hahhahaha! Yeah I'm having some technical difficulties opening the GRA-A-NDMA song but that's only because I'm somewhat computer illiterate! Easy? Well I'm sure there must be SOME difficulties in that piece! hmmmm As soon as I get this thing to WORK! I'll see if I can learn this thing!!!!!!

You need a prog called Finale!! Smile It is a link in the mainpage to get that prog. If you want I can make a pic of and upload here. Its not copyrighted, so thats no problem Smile And, nah, no difficult aeras, just a couple places where you need to use both hands simultainusly Smile And the tempo is normally on 100 but I do it at 85ish couse I feel that sounds more emotional, but it also sound good at 100. Its just different =)

Hehe, alot?? And that means? 5-6 hours? I try to get atleast 1 hour, and sometimes I get to about 3-4 hours trough the day if im lucky, hehe Smile

haha! Well I haven't been practising MUCH this summer (bad me!!). But at university I go between 5-8 hours. It may sound a bit ridiculous but when the size of the repertoire is equivalent to that of a T-rex (j/k) 5-8 hours doesn't feel like too much:) so you practise 3-4 hours sometimes? Wow! That's a lot for someone of your level! No wonder you have moved through piano so quickly!!!!! Now THAT'S dedication!!!!!!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Angela wrote:
haha! Well I haven't been practising MUCH this summer (bad me!!). But at university I go between 5-8 hours. It may sound a bit ridiculous but when the size of the repertoire is equivalent to that of a T-rex (j/k) 5-8 hours doesn't feel like too much:) so you practise 3-4 hours sometimes? Wow! That's a lot for someone of your level! No wonder you have moved through piano so quickly!!!!! Now THAT'S dedication!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, its sounds like alot, but I guess when you got 30min pieces and more you got to use alot of time. And I also guess that you like to be best at what you so Wink Hehe,

Well, when I say 3-4 hours, thats record for me.. But 1 hour everyday is somthing I try to do Smile
I have had two whole days after I bought the piano in April that I havnt opened the lid of my piano Razz
And som days I have sat down for more than like 15min and just done scales, and left.. Not everyday my motivation is on top.

But yeah, I would love to have gone to school and taken Piano. But thats somthing I cant do couse my parrents never had a thing for piano when I was young so naturally I never got asked or I never aked to learn. Its just a convinsedence(word?) that I got into Piano!! Strange how life turns out. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:31 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yeah, its sounds like alot, but I guess when you got 30min pieces and more you got to use alot of time. And I also guess that you like to be best at what you so Wink Hehe,

Well, when I say 3-4 hours, thats record for me.. But 1 hour everyday is somthing I try to do Smile
I have had two whole days after I bought the piano in April that I havnt opened the lid of my piano Razz
And som days I have sat down for more than like 15min and just done scales, and left.. Not everyday my motivation is on top.

But yeah, I would love to have gone to school and taken Piano. But thats somthing I cant do couse my parrents never had a thing for piano when I was young so naturally I never got asked or I never aked to learn. Its just a convinsedence(word?) that I got into Piano!! Strange how life turns out. Smile

Ohhh! You mean you just happened to stumble into learning the piano and found out you loved it? So it was a COINCIDENCE??? That looks like the word! Actually it was totally random how I got into piano. I just asked one day and my parents put me into lesson. I think they were happy about that. BUT I also didn't think I'd get to THIS crazy level! hahaha! I agree with you 100% It IS strange how life turns out! Well sometimes it isn't always the AMOUNT of time you spend at the piano but how well you USE your time at the piano! If you get a LOT out of 40 minutes at the piano, that's better than wasting 6 hours at the piano on auto pilot! Ah so you do technique? Good stuff! I still do it too. Keeps the fingers in shape and STRONG! I believe Andrew is VERY proud of your progress sunny He was telling me yesterday how you are sounding SO good now!!!!! THUMBS WAY UP!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:42 am

Angela wrote:
Ohhh! You mean you just happened to stumble into learning the piano and found out you loved it? So it was a COINCIDENCE??? That looks like the word! Actually it was totally random how I got into piano. I just asked one day and my parents put me into lesson. I think they were happy about that. BUT I also didn't think I'd get to THIS crazy level! hahaha! I agree with you 100% It IS strange how life turns out! Well sometimes it isn't always the AMOUNT of time you spend at the piano but how well you USE your time at the piano! If you get a LOT out of 40 minutes at the piano, that's better than wasting 6 hours at the piano on auto pilot! Ah so you do technique? Good stuff! I still do it too. Keeps the fingers in shape and STRONG! I believe Andrew is VERY proud of your progress sunny He was telling me yesterday how you are sounding SO good now!!!!! THUMBS WAY UP!

Aaah, then you also stumbled into it. Smile Then you are probably happy your parrents took you up on it right away Wink
Hm... Coincidence? Sounds like money, hehe =))

Yeah, I was on a seminar where they finished with a 14year old boy playing the piano. He played two pieces and he hit me!! Hard Razz I suddanly, without ever thinking about it, that I had to learn how to play Razz So actually 2 months later I remembered this when I saw this keyboard on sale Razz hehe, and I bought it on impulse... Then 3 months later I saw Anderws lesson about what was better, pianos or keyboards.. Well, the next morning I bought a piano Razz hehe

Yeah, I practice scales with metronome. And hanon at least 2-3 times a week. + some other ex. =)

Wow, Andrew said that?! Smile Well, he keeps on motivating me. I would defenently not have gotten as far as I have without him Smile Thats for sure. sunny Be sure to thank him for me Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Aaah, then you also stumbled into it. Smile Then you are probably happy your parrents took you up on it right away Wink
Hm... Coincidence? Sounds like money, hehe =))

Yeah, I was on a seminar where they finished with a 14year old boy playing the piano. He played two pieces and he hit me!! Hard Razz I suddanly, without ever thinking about it, that I had to learn how to play Razz So actually 2 months later I remembered this when I saw this keyboard on sale Razz hehe, and I bought it on impulse... Then 3 months later I saw Anderws lesson about what was better, pianos or keyboards.. Well, the next morning I bought a piano Razz hehe

Yeah, I practice scales with metronome. And hanon at least 2-3 times a week. + some other ex. =)

Wow, Andrew said that?! Smile Well, he keeps on motivating me. I would defenently not have gotten as far as I have without him Smile Thats for sure. sunny Be sure to thank him for me Smile

haha! I guess i am pretty happy my parents kept me in piano! I almost quit when I was younger but they told me to keep going. Funny. It didn't bother me that they said that so i kept chuggin' along. Scales with metronome???? ME TOO!!!!! I do hanon too but I do more scales and what not. But hanon is still a good thing to practise. I do a lot of the exercises for fingers 3,4 and 5 because of COURSE those are my weakest fingers! ESPECIALLY fingers 4 and 5! Good thing you took Andrew's advise on buying a piano. It may seem like a lot of $$$ at first but it's worth it in the end Smile . Yes! Andrew DID say that cheers . I suppose I could thank him for you, but why don't YOU thank him?? After all he IS your teacher Wink

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Angela wrote:
haha! I guess i am pretty happy my parents kept me in piano! I almost quit when I was younger but they told me to keep going. Funny. It didn't bother me that they said that so i kept chuggin' along. Scales with metronome???? ME TOO!!!!! I do hanon too but I do more scales and what not. But hanon is still a good thing to practise. I do a lot of the exercises for fingers 3,4 and 5 because of COURSE those are my weakest fingers! ESPECIALLY fingers 4 and 5! Good thing you took Andrew's advise on buying a piano. It may seem like a lot of $$$ at first but it's worth it in the end Smile . Yes! Andrew DID say that cheers . I suppose I could thank him for you, but why don't YOU thank him?? After all he IS your teacher Wink

Yeah, you are lucky! Wink Me to now. At least now I got that feeling that couldnt see myselfe without the piano in my life... Stange..! =)

Yeah, I guess scales and metronome is good then, hehe Smile I had problems using the metronome at first, but it got okay pretty fast. I was better at playing to rythme. Still I have problems with feks that really fast solo in Fur Elise, to use a metronome with that... But I feel i dont need to at the moment. Its tight now, hehe!! Smile

Yeah.. I should consentrate more on those fingers. In this grade7 im doing now I started to feel numbness and pain in a strange way in my right nr 4... Sad So I changed it to nr 3 and its all good. Razz But I need that strenght! I have seen this little machinethingie that trains the fingers, hehe, that you hold in your hand and push down the fingers. There are springs pr finger Razz

Hehe, Yeah, but I have thanked him to much Razz:P Im thanking him in almost every sentence I make I feel, hehe. In the chat, and in the preformancetopic, on youtube, everywhere. I guess I must save my thanks a little so that they count for more when I say it Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:37 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yeah, you are lucky! Wink Me to now. At least now I got that feeling that couldnt see myselfe without the piano in my life... Stange..! =)

Yeah, I guess scales and metronome is good then, hehe Smile I had problems using the metronome at first, but it got okay pretty fast. I was better at playing to rythme. Still I have problems with feks that really fast solo in Fur Elise, to use a metronome with that... But I feel i dont need to at the moment. Its tight now, hehe!! Smile

Yeah.. I should consentrate more on those fingers. In this grade7 im doing now I started to feel numbness and pain in a strange way in my right nr 4... Sad So I changed it to nr 3 and its all good. Razz But I need that strenght! I have seen this little machinethingie that trains the fingers, hehe, that you hold in your hand and push down the fingers. There are springs pr finger Razz

Hehe, Yeah, but I have thanked him to much Razz:P Im thanking him in almost every sentence I make I feel, hehe. In the chat, and in the preformancetopic, on youtube, everywhere. I guess I must save my thanks a little so that they count for more when I say it Wink

Ahhh, so there's a bizarre mechanism that is suppose to help train your fingers huh? hmmmmmmm HOW can I say this?
............. scratch ................................................................................................................................................ confused ................................................................................................................................................. bounce ................................................................................................................................................. pale DON'T YOU DARE TRY THAT!!!!! You don't wanna risk wrecking anything. Then could be bye bye Fur Elise Crying or Very sad and I'm pretty sure you don't want THAT. But your idea of hanon and technique is probably the LEASE hazardous!!!! Within reason!!! (pardon my freak out!) Yeah finger 4 can be a weak finger. That's the same with me. My brahms concerto requires me to trill rapidly using fingers 4 and 5, my weakest fingers. haha! As for all your thanks to Andrew? Well, I let him read what you wrote and he is still touched by it even if you are always thanking him:) Anyways, happy practising! And NO funny contraptions!!!!! affraid

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:17 am

Angela wrote:
Ahhh, so there's a bizarre mechanism that is suppose to help train your fingers huh? hmmmmmmm HOW can I say this?
............. scratch ................................................................................................................................................ confused ................................................................................................................................................. bounce ................................................................................................................................................. pale DON'T YOU DARE TRY THAT!!!!! You don't wanna risk wrecking anything. Then could be bye bye Fur Elise Crying or Very sad and I'm pretty sure you don't want THAT. But your idea of hanon and technique is probably the LEASE hazardous!!!! Within reason!!! (pardon my freak out!) Yeah finger 4 can be a weak finger. That's the same with me. My brahms concerto requires me to trill rapidly using fingers 4 and 5, my weakest fingers. haha! As for all your thanks to Andrew? Well, I let him read what you wrote and he is still touched by it even if you are always thanking him:) Anyways, happy practising! And NO funny contraptions!!!!! affraid

Hahaha Laughing No, I wasnt thinking about getting one Razz
I am very carefull about my practice Smile

Aah, trills with 4 and 5 hah? Yeah, I have tryed to trill with them for fun and I asure you, it is trilling in slowmode! Razz
But, Im not ready for those pieces yet anyways! Maby around christmastime WinkWink hehehe

Ah Smile Thats nice! Smile Ill be sure to come visit if I ever where in Canada. Maby Id get a 10% discount on a session Wink hehe
Yeah.. Tnx, happy practising to you aswell. Im exited about the piece you are gona performe. Im listening to your Chopin from tme to time. I can fall asleep everytime, I am sure if I close my eyes to long! Razz

BTW: Here it is Wink
Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 2 Finger_Trainer

or in red
Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 2 130629
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:22 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Hahaha Laughing No, I wasnt thinking about getting one Razz
I am very carefull about my practice Smile

Aah, trills with 4 and 5 hah? Yeah, I have tryed to trill with them for fun and I asure you, it is trilling in slowmode! Razz
But, Im not ready for those pieces yet anyways! Maby around christmastime WinkWink hehehe

Ah Smile Thats nice! Smile Ill be sure to come visit if I ever where in Canada. Maby Id get a 10% discount on a session Wink hehe
Yeah.. Tnx, happy practising to you aswell. Im exited about the piece you are gona performe. Im listening to your Chopin from tme to time. I can fall asleep everytime, I am sure if I close my eyes to long! Razz

BTW: Here it is Wink
Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 2 Finger_Trainer

or in red
Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 2 130629

haha! Well I'm sure Andrew would love to meet you if you ever came to canada! Ah yes! The raindrop prelude is quite a soothing piece. Slow but not too boring. Yeah 4,5 trills can be e bit of a bother. Especially when a composer writes a trill thing HAS to be played with fingers 4 and 5. As for my 4.5 trills? believe me they are NOT the best, but they HAVE gotten better since I kinda HAVE to do them. That's good that you aren't getting any contraptions to strengthen your finger:D . I think technique and hanon are good enough. Also, I prefer to stay away from contraptions ever since I heard the story of Robert Schumann wrecking his fingers with one. ooooo Sad . Practising is going well! How about u??

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:40 am

Angela wrote:
haha! Well I'm sure Andrew would love to meet you if you ever came to canada! Ah yes! The raindrop prelude is quite a soothing piece. Slow but not too boring. Yeah 4,5 trills can be e bit of a bother. Especially when a composer writes a trill thing HAS to be played with fingers 4 and 5. As for my 4.5 trills? believe me they are NOT the best, but they HAVE gotten better since I kinda HAVE to do them. That's good that you aren't getting any contraptions to strengthen your finger:D . I think technique and hanon are good enough. Also, I prefer to stay away from contraptions ever since I heard the story of Robert Schumann wrecking his fingers with one. ooooo Sad . Practising is going well! How about u??

Hehe =) Yeah Smile But I dont think Ill be going to Canada anytime soon. I dont know, what is there to see?
We got exactly the same clima and nature here in Norway. But a privatlesson would be good enough for a weekendtrip, hehe =)

Well, Im sure they, the 4,5 trills, are at a pretty high standard. If I have gotten to know you a bit now, I guess you are kind of a perfectionist considering the Piano?! Wink And maby in genereal? I know I might be that.

What? He wrecked his finger? Thats sounds painfull Razz He should know better! Razz

Yeah, practicing is going to great at the moment. My big project has shot to the roof just the two last days.
And I Just learned another small and beautyfull ZeldaPiece. Took me about 20 min. Koji Kondo know how to create beautyfull things without complicating it. And he knows how to create really hard pieces also.. But, Ill learn those later Smile
Its okay to use 20 min also, and not 4 or 5 houres like I did on that 7grader. Its 5 pages, but repets twice so (3pages)

It seams that when I start rambling I dont stop Razz So Ill stop Razz hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Hehe =) Yeah Smile But I dont think Ill be going to Canada anytime soon. I dont know, what is there to see?
We got exactly the same clima and nature here in Norway. But a privatlesson would be good enough for a weekendtrip, hehe =)

Well, Im sure they, the 4,5 trills, are at a pretty high standard. If I have gotten to know you a bit now, I guess you are kind of a perfectionist considering the Piano?! Wink And maby in genereal? I know I might be that.

What? He wrecked his finger? Thats sounds painfull Razz He should know better! Razz

Yeah, practicing is going to great at the moment. My big project has shot to the roof just the two last days.
And I Just learned another small and beautyfull ZeldaPiece. Took me about 20 min. Koji Kondo know how to create beautyfull things without complicating it. And he knows how to create really hard pieces also.. But, Ill learn those later Smile
Its okay to use 20 min also, and not 4 or 5 houres like I did on that 7grader. Its 5 pages, but repets twice so (3pages)

It seams that when I start rambling I dont stop Razz So Ill stop Razz hehe

A perfectionist? Well I DEFINITELY am one when it comes to piano!!!! A 4,5 trill is hard to pull off but when someone is put in a situation where they HAVE to play it, they'll DO it! hahaha! At least that happens with me! Those Zelda pieces sound very interesting. I've never heard them of even seen the music for them before! And you play them quite well might I point out! Very Happy I love pieces that have repeated sections! Makes it easier to memorize! And yes, Schumann did wreck his fingers with some crazy mechanism. I saw a pic of it and it looked like a torture devise for the fingers *shudder!*. But he still composed some AMAZING music! Have you played any of Traumerei at all?

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Angela wrote:
A perfectionist? Well I DEFINITELY am one when it comes to piano!!!! A 4,5 trill is hard to pull off but when someone is put in a situation where they HAVE to play it, they'll DO it! hahaha! At least that happens with me! Those Zelda pieces sound very interesting. I've never heard them of even seen the music for them before! And you play them quite well might I point out! Very Happy I love pieces that have repeated sections! Makes it easier to memorize! And yes, Schumann did wreck his fingers with some crazy mechanism. I saw a pic of it and it looked like a torture devise for the fingers *shudder!*. But he still composed some AMAZING music! Have you played any of Traumerei at all?

Hehe, well I think its important to be a perfectionist when it comes to Piano Smile And I have tryed some 4,5 fingering... S l o w ...
Hehe. But I got good controll over the fingers. It was hard to pull of in the beginning when learning fur elise. Thats not a trill, but.. I see many people "cheat" when doing the E/e-flat at the beginning..

Yeah, there are alot of beautyfull ZeldaPieces Smile And tnx Smile Its nice of you to comment on youtube aswell. Means alot of course to hear that from such a great pianist as yourselfe Smile

I got sheets for this:

and another one in the pianosheet-book that I got with the Piano when I bought it. There are 50 awesome, classics pieces from all the great composers. And this one that I linked to is Amazing. So maby one day. It reminds me alittle of Chopins op9 no2 that Andrew performes on youtube.
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Hehe, well I think its important to be a perfectionist when it comes to Piano Smile And I have tryed some 4,5 fingering... S l o w ...
Hehe. But I got good controll over the fingers. It was hard to pull of in the beginning when learning fur elise. Thats not a trill, but.. I see many people "cheat" when doing the E/e-flat at the beginning..

Yeah, there are alot of beautyfull ZeldaPieces Smile And tnx Smile Its nice of you to comment on youtube aswell. Means alot of course to hear that from such a great pianist as yourselfe Smile

I got sheets for this:

and another one in the pianosheet-book that I got with the Piano when I bought it. There are 50 awesome, classics pieces from all the great composers. And this one that I linked to is Amazing. So maby one day. It reminds me alittle of Chopins op9 no2 that Andrew performes on youtube.
\

WHOOOOA! that was am amazing video!!!! Yundi Li is one amazing pianist! You cheat at the beginning of Fur Elise? hehe! To be honest, I've never actually USED 4,5 for the beginning of fur else Laughing . I used 2,3!!!!! Fur Elise isn't exactly an easy piece to pull off. Even at my level, I find some difficulties about it!!!! Well your performances on YouTube really do sound fabulous!! And that's interesting that you pointed out that Traumerei sounds like the Nocturne op.9 no.2 because now that I listen to it, it kinda does! Would you ever want to try Rainsrop prelude some day??? What a Face

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:47 pm

Angela wrote:
WHOOOOA! that was am amazing video!!!! Yundi Li is one amazing pianist! You cheat at the beginning of Fur Elise? hehe! To be honest, I've never actually USED 4,5 for the beginning of fur else Laughing . I used 2,3!!!!! Fur Elise isn't exactly an easy piece to pull off. Even at my level, I find some difficulties about it!!!! Well your performances on YouTube really do sound fabulous!! And that's interesting that you pointed out that Traumerei sounds like the Nocturne op.9 no.2 because now that I listen to it, it kinda does! Would you ever want to try Rainsrop prelude some day??? What a Face

Yeah Smile He is one of my favoritepianist for sure Smile

Hehe, well the original sheets say 5,4 fingering on the start so I dont cheat, you do then Wink Hehe, nah. But when I started i said that I was gona stick to whatever the fingering was written even if it took me alot longer time to pull it if. Couse my fingers wouldnt really do what I wanted, but I just did it anyways, even thoug I could have chosen the easyer fingering, but that would be fooling my selfe I thought.. Couse now I am glad that I stuck with it Smile So much easyer to use different fingers Smile

Tnx Smile And I think I would play it alot better now also Smile I got more calmness to me when playing it and fixed akot of things Ansrew mentioned Smile

Hehe Smile Yeah, I felt they where in the same "street" Smile

Yup, I might. When Im better at remembering and got a better tecknique so I dont have to use such a long time learning a bit harder pieces. Smile Now Im focusing on having a bigger project and learning easyer pieces on the side. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Dubblepost - Daaamn, thats alot of smilies up there bounce
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:41 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yeah Smile He is one of my favoritepianist for sure Smile

Hehe, well the original sheets say 5,4 fingering on the start so I dont cheat, you do then Wink Hehe, nah. But when I started i said that I was gona stick to whatever the fingering was written even if it took me alot longer time to pull it if. Couse my fingers wouldnt really do what I wanted, but I just did it anyways, even thoug I could have chosen the easyer fingering, but that would be fooling my selfe I thought.. Couse now I am glad that I stuck with it Smile So much easyer to use different fingers Smile

Tnx Smile And I think I would play it alot better now also Smile I got more calmness to me when playing it and fixed akot of things Ansrew mentioned Smile

Hehe Smile Yeah, I felt they where in the same "street" Smile

Yup, I might. When Im better at remembering and got a better tecknique so I dont have to use such a long time learning a bit harder pieces. Smile Now Im focusing on having a bigger project and learning easyer pieces on the side. Smile

You can NEVER have too many smilies! hahahaha! Aww c'mon! That's not really CHEATING! It's just finding an EASIER way to do something! hahahah! My teachers used to tell me easier ways to do things. But after they found out that I had a wide reach, they stopped telling me! BOOOOO! tongue Speaking of Schumann and Chopin, I believe they did meet at one point! One of the pieces in Schumann's "Carnivale" is actually CALLED Chopin! hahahaha! but good for you for actually DOING the harder fingering on fur elise! I know I wouldn't have had the patience to do THAT fingering!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 am

Angela wrote:
You can NEVER have too many smilies! hahahaha! Aww c'mon! That's not really CHEATING! It's just finding an EASIER way to do something! hahahah! My teachers used to tell me easier ways to do things. But after they found out that I had a wide reach, they stopped telling me! BOOOOO! tongue Speaking of Schumann and Chopin, I believe they did meet at one point! One of the pieces in Schumann's "Carnivale" is actually CALLED Chopin! hahahaha! but good for you for actually DOING the harder fingering on fur elise! I know I wouldn't have had the patience to do THAT fingering!

Well, I think that if you always gona do the easyest fingereing at the point you are at, that is bad. Couse the you will strugle when things get harder, trying to adapt early avoyds that. But, thats just somthing I think Razz Like if you had done 50% of your trills with the 4,5, you would never have thought about that is was hard today.
Couse what is easyest? I belive that you must do the hard stuff when building the foundation, couse then when building the last floor will be the easyest. If you do the easyest things to begin with, the roof might be impossible to build. Hehe, if you know what I mean Razz

Aaah, Ill check that out on youtube if its there Smile Chumann is actually a bit unknown to me. Even Chopin was Composer that I never had heard of before 4-5 months ago Razz Thats a bit wierd Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:47 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Well, I think that if you always gona do the easyest fingereing at the point you are at, that is bad. Couse the you will strugle when things get harder, trying to adapt early avoyds that. But, thats just somthing I think Razz Like if you had done 50% of your trills with the 4,5, you would never have thought about that is was hard today.
Couse what is easyest? I belive that you must do the hard stuff when building the foundation, couse then when building the last floor will be the easyest. If you do the easyest things to begin with, the roof might be impossible to build. Hehe, if you know what I mean Razz

Aaah, Ill check that out on youtube if its there Smile Chumann is actually a bit unknown to me. Even Chopin was Composer that I never had heard of before 4-5 months ago Razz Thats a bit wierd Razz

Ah, I never thought of it that way:) MAN! I could just imagine what my 4,5 trill would be like if I had worked on it since I STARTED piano! WHOA! They'd be so amazing it'd be insane! But that's an interesting perspective! As far as fingering goes for me, choosing a different fingering is more a question of what is more efficient, what is stronger or what will give me a more ideal sound albino . For example, to get more power, I might have to change a fingering since I am small weak and not this huge gigantic Rachmaninov type Laughing . Different fingering can also depend on what an editor of a piece THINKS works well study (if that makes sense. hehe). But anyways! You might not have to worry about the whole editor thing! As far as a foundation is concerned, I think one can work on the harder stuff BUT they have to make sure they are doing it PROPERLY so they don't get into bad habits since those can be a pain to break later on!!! haha! And I think a way of building a solid foundation is to learn how to do easier things WELL and PROPERLY. Then once someone can do that, they can do something a bit more challenging and so on! Yes Schumann has some fabulous music! Some of his pieces are in the lower grades but even those sound beautiful!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:07 am

Angela wrote:
Ah, I never thought of it that way:) MAN! I could just imagine what my 4,5 trill would be like if I had worked on it since I STARTED piano! WHOA! They'd be so amazing it'd be insane! But that's an interesting perspective! As far as fingering goes for me, choosing a different fingering is more a question of what is more efficient, what is stronger or what will give me a more ideal sound albino . For example, to get more power, I might have to change a fingering since I am small weak and not this huge gigantic Rachmaninov type Laughing . Different fingering can also depend on what an editor of a piece THINKS works well study (if that makes sense. hehe). But anyways! You might not have to worry about the whole editor thing! As far as a foundation is concerned, I think one can work on the harder stuff BUT they have to make sure they are doing it PROPERLY so they don't get into bad habits since those can be a pain to break later on!!! haha! And I think a way of building a solid foundation is to learn how to do easier things WELL and PROPERLY. Then once someone can do that, they can do something a bit more challenging and so on! Yes Schumann has some fabulous music! Some of his pieces are in the lower grades but even those sound beautiful!

Hehe, yeah Smile You are right. I also change some fingering IF i manage to tell that I can do things easyer. But up til now that has happened only a couple of times. Actually in my 7grader, some fingering was just totally wrong on the sheets I found for it. But, Im getting better at it. Before I was copletly blank about fingering Razz

And as you say. Its important to manage the easy things then build on that. I havnt actually gone that direction Razz
Well, cind of I did. But if I had listened to some advice I got, then I should never have even started Fur Elise, and I agree when I listen to it now that 6.5 that Andrew gave me een might be to big of an score Wink hehe
Its like Im cutting it into sections insted of just letting it flow... Ah well... But yeah, I started on two easy pieces before I jumped into Fur Elise, but I didnt know that it was "hard" so I just cind of thought that it would be as easy to learn. Little naive there, but hey.. Smile I am really looking forward to starting pieces like Fantasie Impromtu and Moonlight Sonata 3M and some other ones. Damn... Razz

Actually I wanted to start on Fantasie Impromtu, buuuut, Im letting it be... I think Razz hahaha
Should I do it?? Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:08 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Hehe, yeah Smile You are right. I also change some fingering IF i manage to tell that I can do things easyer. But up til now that has happened only a couple of times. Actually in my 7grader, some fingering was just totally wrong on the sheets I found for it. But, Im getting better at it. Before I was copletly blank about fingering Razz

And as you say. Its important to manage the easy things then build on that. I havnt actually gone that direction Razz
Well, cind of I did. But if I had listened to some advice I got, then I should never have even started Fur Elise, and I agree when I listen to it now that 6.5 that Andrew gave me een might be to big of an score Wink hehe
Its like Im cutting it into sections insted of just letting it flow... Ah well... But yeah, I started on two easy pieces before I jumped into Fur Elise, but I didnt know that it was "hard" so I just cind of thought that it would be as easy to learn. Little naive there, but hey.. Smile I am really looking forward to starting pieces like Fantasie Impromtu and Moonlight Sonata 3M and some other ones. Damn... Razz

Actually I wanted to start on Fantasie Impromtu, buuuut, Im letting it be... I think Razz hahaha
Should I do it?? Razz

haha! Well I don't think it's totally a bad idea that you started Fur Elise!!! You did a good job on it considering you haven't been in piano for long:) Just think how it will sound in a couple of years after you get more experience with the piano!!!! I can also understand why you wanted to dive into the more challenging stuff! It is fun and rewarding! I used to play around with higher grade pieces when I was in lower grades! For example, I learned Fur Elise when I was 10 years old and in gr.5 piano. I did that a lot though! Playing pieces that were way above my level. I loved the challenge and the pieces were beautiful! Andrew used to do the same thing too!!!! So it isn't uncommon for someone to learn stuff that is above their level:) haha! So ya didn't know Fur Elise was "hard?" Reminds me of when I was learning Alborada! I thought "ah this isn't so BAD!" then later on I was like "OH NOOOOOO!" But somehow I pulled it off at my recital. I dunno HOW but I did! hahaa affraid ! If you haven't already, try playing some easier-than-you-are-used-to pieces:) It will help you strengthen your foundation and focus more on posture RELAXATION hand position since you won't be so hung up on just getting the notes. Also there are very pretty lower grade pieces out there. Ah! Fantasie Impromptu! that is a gorgeous piece! Should you start it? Hmmmm...... I think it is ok to play around with some of it, you know experiment! Just don't go too hardcore on it yet since it is so difficult and you don't wanna run into that dreaded TENDONITIS Mad !! Like try a small section at a time, and practise it SLOWLY hands separately and see how that feels. You can even try the small section hands together but SLOWLY of course. Oh and be careful to NOT get too hung up on those cross rhythms as those will fall into place later when it goes a bit quicker. Just play around with it in small sections for now!!! That's what I think, but Andrew might have different ideas so you might wanna ask him. But if you ever wanted some help on that fantasie impromptu feel free to let me know ok????????

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:46 am

Angela wrote:
haha! Well I don't think it's totally a bad idea that you started Fur Elise!!! You did a good job on it considering you haven't been in piano for long:) Just think how it will sound in a couple of years after you get more experience with the piano!!!! I can also understand why you wanted to dive into the more challenging stuff! It is fun and rewarding! I used to play around with higher grade pieces when I was in lower grades! For example, I learned Fur Elise when I was 10 years old and in gr.5 piano. I did that a lot though! Playing pieces that were way above my level. I loved the challenge and the pieces were beautiful! Andrew used to do the same thing too!!!! So it isn't uncommon for someone to learn stuff that is above their level:) haha! So ya didn't know Fur Elise was "hard?" Reminds me of when I was learning Alborada! I thought "ah this isn't so BAD!" then later on I was like "OH NOOOOOO!" But somehow I pulled it off at my recital. I dunno HOW but I did! hahaa affraid ! If you haven't already, try playing some easier-than-you-are-used-to pieces:) It will help you strengthen your foundation and focus more on posture RELAXATION hand position since you won't be so hung up on just getting the notes. Also there are very pretty lower grade pieces out there. Ah! Fantasie Impromptu! that is a gorgeous piece! Should you start it? Hmmmm...... I think it is ok to play around with some of it, you know experiment! Just don't go too hardcore on it yet since it is so difficult and you don't wanna run into that dreaded TENDONITIS Mad !! Like try a small section at a time, and practise it SLOWLY hands separately and see how that feels. You can even try the small section hands together but SLOWLY of course. Oh and be careful to NOT get too hung up on those cross rhythms as those will fall into place later when it goes a bit quicker. Just play around with it in small sections for now!!! That's what I think, but Andrew might have different ideas so you might wanna ask him. But if you ever wanted some help on that fantasie impromptu feel free to let me know ok????????

Yeah, Its true :)But Im sure that if I posted a new Fur Elise now, I would get alot higher than 6.5
Now when I play it its a total different thing once I took Andrews Corections on it. And I might upload in nearn future.
But, Yeah Smile Ill see.. hehe Well, when I started Fur Elise, I didnt know about the solos (Razz) But all the harder pieces I starte I started with the feeling that I couldn pull it of... But I did, like Victors pianosolo also. I think that is a totally different challange than fur elise, but it got som fast righthand arpegios that was hard to pull of in the beginning. Well, impossible actually. But after a week I got them down to... Smile

And now in my 7grader, I think Im closer to recording than I thought I should be at this point. Just have to woork some more on the dynamics. The piece got 16notes at 170tempo. And I pull them of almost everytime. Both hands at the same time.
And some 32note action aswell... And its not that hard Razz But, Ill see what the judgement is when I get it up Razz haha
But I have told myselfte that I wont put it up, untill I am sure Ill get at least a 7 from Andrew, hehehe... But, I wont be to disepointet if I dont. Couse he sees other things than I might focuse on. And I try to relax and just letting my hands slide over the keys. And I dont get any pain at all, or stiff so.. Smile Im thinkin I have used about 20hours when I am finished practicing it and ready for upload. Usually practice it for 15 min a day + a couple of longer sessions on it a week. Looking forward to what you have to say about it aswell as Andrew SmileSmile

Well as you said - I do play and practice pieces that are under my grade. Take those Zeldasongs. Those where learnd and reorded withing about 1-2 hours learning and practicetime. And also Song of twilight. So I guess my memory is getting better and me teqniqe allows me to play these calm pieces with the right dynamics. Sometimes I get a hight note, and I start over or I dont get a sound and I start recording over... So Its a great way to perfect without really having somthing to perfect it for.. Razz

Yeah. Points taken Smile And Ill be sure to ask you If I start it Smile I know, sine Andrew told me once that you played it before Smile
The thing with Fantasie Impromtu was that THAT piece was my MAIN goal... hehe, but that has changed now Razz
Now its a goal befor Christmas Wink haha, nahh... Razz Kiddin' (I think)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yeah, Its true :)But Im sure that if I posted a new Fur Elise now, I would get alot higher than 6.5
Now when I play it its a total different thing once I took Andrews Corections on it. And I might upload in nearn future.
But, Yeah Smile Ill see.. hehe Well, when I started Fur Elise, I didnt know about the solos (Razz) But all the harder pieces I starte I started with the feeling that I couldn pull it of... But I did, like Victors pianosolo also. I think that is a totally different challange than fur elise, but it got som fast righthand arpegios that was hard to pull of in the beginning. Well, impossible actually. But after a week I got them down to... Smile

And now in my 7grader, I think Im closer to recording than I thought I should be at this point. Just have to woork some more on the dynamics. The piece got 16notes at 170tempo. And I pull them of almost everytime. Both hands at the same time.
And some 32note action aswell... And its not that hard Razz But, Ill see what the judgement is when I get it up Razz haha
But I have told myselfte that I wont put it up, untill I am sure Ill get at least a 7 from Andrew, hehehe... But, I wont be to disepointet if I dont. Couse he sees other things than I might focuse on. And I try to relax and just letting my hands slide over the keys. And I dont get any pain at all, or stiff so.. Smile Im thinkin I have used about 20hours when I am finished practicing it and ready for upload. Usually practice it for 15 min a day + a couple of longer sessions on it a week. Looking forward to what you have to say about it aswell as Andrew SmileSmile

Well as you said - I do play and practice pieces that are under my grade. Take those Zeldasongs. Those where learnd and reorded withing about 1-2 hours learning and practicetime. And also Song of twilight. So I guess my memory is getting better and me teqniqe allows me to play these calm pieces with the right dynamics. Sometimes I get a hight note, and I start over or I dont get a sound and I start recording over... So Its a great way to perfect without really having somthing to perfect it for.. Razz

Yeah. Points taken Smile And Ill be sure to ask you If I start it Smile I know, sine Andrew told me once that you played it before Smile
The thing with Fantasie Impromtu was that THAT piece was my MAIN goal... hehe, but that has changed now Razz
Now its a goal befor Christmas Wink haha, nahh... Razz Kiddin' (I think)

Yep! I'm watching for your next performance!!!! That's good that your memory is getting better:) You sound like you are getting FASTER at learning pieces too which is ALSO very good!!! I mean recording a new piece after only learning it for 1-2 hours!? AAAAAAA! Yeah I know what you mean about perfecting small details!! I do that too! If something just DOESN'T sound right, I start over until I get EXACTLY what I want. That's impressive that you are already doing that NOW! Soooo, you are thinking of learning the fantasie impromptu before Xmas?? affraid Aaaaa! Now THAT'S a little soon! Holy geez you're one ambitious guy!!! hahaha! Hmmmmm....... bounce ...... OK like don't do THAT!!! but if you ever DO try to play around with it, it would be interesting for me and Andrew to see what you've done. Then we can both help you out in some way. Anyways, I'm watching for your next performance! And remember: NO OVER DOING ANYTHING!!!!!!! tongue

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:51 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Yep! I'm watching for your next performance!!!! That's good that your memory is getting better:) You sound like you are getting FASTER at learning pieces too which is ALSO very good!!! I mean recording a new piece after only learning it for 1-2 hours!? AAAAAAA! Yeah I know what you mean about perfecting small details!! I do that too! If something just DOESN'T sound right, I start over until I get EXACTLY what I want. That's impressive that you are already doing that NOW! Soooo, you are thinking of learning the fantasie impromptu before Xmas?? affraid Aaaaa! Now THAT'S a little soon! Holy geez you're one ambitious guy!!! hahaha! Hmmmmm....... bounce ...... OK like don't do THAT!!! but if you ever DO try to play around with it, it would be interesting for me and Andrew to see what you've done. Then we can both help you out in some way. Anyways, I'm watching for your next performance! And remember: NO OVER DOING ANYTHING!!!!!!! tongue

Yeah Smile Hope to get it done soon Smile That would be fun. But Ill wait until im ready and got good time. Planing on putting abit of work into the creation aswell Smile Yeah, Its nice to sit and learn for a short time when I used maby 2-3 and 4 weeks on learning these kinds of pieces in the beginning, I got them down within 2-3 days Smile I am glad that has happened, couse then I can learn more songs Very Happy

Yeah, you do that to hey? I guess I knew that. Smile Its all about the details. On thing many said when I asked about the ups and downs with a teacher, was that a good teacher Makes you perfect the pieces. So Why not just make me myselfe Wink hehe

Hehe, well It was just a joke Wink .... I think Wink haha
But yeah, I could do a practicevid to show you guys, that would be awesome.. If I start it.
Its a fast litte thing that Fantasy. Ill keep that in mind. Wont overdo anything Smile

That's good that you are able to work on your own to perfect pieces. That shows you are being more independent! At the university level, that's practically EXPECTED of us! Even though we still have a teacher to guide us, we still have to learn to figure things out on our own as well:) Yeah the Fantasie IS fast! I tried it a few minutes ago and it does go pretty fast!!!! But I find if you just DON'T play TOO loudly, it's easier to get through and less stressful. And being able to learn pieces QUICKLY is a good skill because THEN you can focus more on the finer details instead of being hung up on NOTES all the time! Oh and speaking of learning pieces quicker, I can ACTUALLY get through my Brahms d minor concerto in ONE day now!! hahaha! Awesomeness! I LOVE brahms!!!! Do you like any Liszt pieces?

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:01 am

Angela wrote:That's good that you are able to work on your own to perfect pieces. That shows you are being more independent! At the university level, that's practically EXPECTED of us! Even though we still have a teacher to guide us, we still have to learn to figure things out on our own as well:) Yeah the Fantasie IS fast! I tried it a few minutes ago and it does go pretty fast!!!! But I find if you just DON'T play TOO loudly, it's easier to get through and less stressful. And being able to learn pieces QUICKLY is a good skill because THEN you can focus more on the finer details instead of being hung up on NOTES all the time! Oh and speaking of learning pieces quicker, I can ACTUALLY get through my Brahms d minor concerto in ONE day now!! hahaha! Awesomeness! I LOVE brahms!!!! Do you like any Liszt pieces?

Yeah Smile Well, its like that on evere universaty i think, if its piano or history it doesnt matter really. You got to show independency. That is a important skill to learn generally in life. In the norwegian reform, from highschool and up, it written somthing like this: "Responsebility for own learning" Smile

Mhm, fast is fun Smile hehehe Im looking forward to that day where I can learn these hard pieces quickly Wink
That will be a great day, hehe

Ah, That very good Very Happy So are you performing this piece or did you just want to learn it because you felt like it?

Well, im not that familiar with Liszt yet. But of course: la campanella, hungarian rhapsody, Liebestraum are ex of three great pieces. Im not into the "less popular" pieces yet. Its harder to find them since my source is youtube Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next