Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angela & Thomas song disscussion

+4
VictorCS
pianohama
Angela
Thomandy
8 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:33 am

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:That's good that you are able to work on your own to perfect pieces. That shows you are being more independent! At the university level, that's practically EXPECTED of us! Even though we still have a teacher to guide us, we still have to learn to figure things out on our own as well:) Yeah the Fantasie IS fast! I tried it a few minutes ago and it does go pretty fast!!!! But I find if you just DON'T play TOO loudly, it's easier to get through and less stressful. And being able to learn pieces QUICKLY is a good skill because THEN you can focus more on the finer details instead of being hung up on NOTES all the time! Oh and speaking of learning pieces quicker, I can ACTUALLY get through my Brahms d minor concerto in ONE day now!! hahaha! Awesomeness! I LOVE brahms!!!! Do you like any Liszt pieces?

Yeah Smile Well, its like that on evere universaty i think, if its piano or history it doesnt matter really. You got to show independency. That is a important skill to learn generally in life. In the norwegian reform, from highschool and up, it written somthing like this: "Responsebility for own learning" Smile

Mhm, fast is fun Smile hehehe Im looking forward to that day where I can learn these hard pieces quickly Wink
That will be a great day, hehe

Ah, That very good Very Happy So are you performing this piece or did you just want to learn it because you felt like it?

Well, im not that familiar with Liszt yet. But of course: la campanella, hungarian rhapsody, Liebestraum are ex of three great pieces. Im not into the "less popular" pieces yet. Its harder to find them since my source is youtube Smile

ah ok!!! Well I used to play La Campanella and it is STUNNING! Hungarian Rhapsody? I'm assuming you mean Hungarian Rhapsody no.2? That really famour one? I never played that but I love it too! Have you ever heard Hungarian Rhapsody no.12? I saw an awesome vid or Van Cliburn play it on YouTube. And Liebestraume is also beautiful. I think that piece is in gr.10? At least that's what it was the last time I checked!!! lol! Razz So it might actually be one of Liszt's "less hard" pieces! As for the Brahms d minor concerto 1st movement? I am planning to perform it SOMEWHERE if I can find an occasion to actually play it AT. AAAH! it is so beautiful! Even romantic flower ! And as for learning hard pieces quickly, that will happen!!! Of course keep learning new pieces so you can develop that SKILL of learning:) And if you can find patterns happening in your music, that is a great help too!!!! But with PATTERNS, make sure you learn the particular pattern CORRECTLY or else you might learn a whole section of something wrong affraid . I guess it's possible. I've done it! haha! Anyways, here's a funny version of the hungarian rhapsody no.2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTlWMRf4Hjs and here's another hungarian rhapsody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzM8IDp-isA This one is also beautiful. Very gypsy-ish!!!!! This one is hungarian rhapsody no.12 (I played this one before!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqA2E5D0lI Anyways, have fun with those What a Face
Yeah, dont you play it anymore? Isnt it sad to cind of leave songs behind when you probably have put Alot of effort into it?
I have "forgotten" a couple of song that I play and it sucks Razz hehe But, it wont take long of course to get them back into my memmory!

Yeah, I mean No2 Smile Its cool. Not my favorite, but.. La Campanella kicks Hungarian Rhapsody no.2's ass Razz

Patterns, hehehe, well.... I have no idea what to look for considering patters in songs really. So thats somthing that comes with studying of pieces parhaps?!

Great vids. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:32 am

Wow.... Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:That's good that you are able to work on your own to perfect pieces. That shows you are being more independent! At the university level, that's practically EXPECTED of us! Even though we still have a teacher to guide us, we still have to learn to figure things out on our own as well:) Yeah the Fantasie IS fast! I tried it a few minutes ago and it does go pretty fast!!!! But I find if you just DON'T play TOO loudly, it's easier to get through and less stressful. And being able to learn pieces QUICKLY is a good skill because THEN you can focus more on the finer details instead of being hung up on NOTES all the time! Oh and speaking of learning pieces quicker, I can ACTUALLY get through my Brahms d minor concerto in ONE day now!! hahaha! Awesomeness! I LOVE brahms!!!! Do you like any Liszt pieces?

Yeah Smile Well, its like that on evere universaty i think, if its piano or history it doesnt matter really. You got to show independency. That is a important skill to learn generally in life. In the norwegian reform, from highschool and up, it written somthing like this: "Responsebility for own learning" Smile

Mhm, fast is fun Smile hehehe Im looking forward to that day where I can learn these hard pieces quickly Wink
That will be a great day, hehe

Ah, That very good Very Happy So are you performing this piece or did you just want to learn it because you felt like it?

Well, im not that familiar with Liszt yet. But of course: la campanella, hungarian rhapsody, Liebestraum are ex of three great pieces. Im not into the "less popular" pieces yet. Its harder to find them since my source is youtube Smile

ah ok!!! Well I used to play La Campanella and it is STUNNING! Hungarian Rhapsody? I'm assuming you mean Hungarian Rhapsody no.2? That really famour one? I never played that but I love it too! Have you ever heard Hungarian Rhapsody no.12? I saw an awesome vid or Van Cliburn play it on YouTube. And Liebestraume is also beautiful. I think that piece is in gr.10? At least that's what it was the last time I checked!!! lol! Razz So it might actually be one of Liszt's "less hard" pieces! As for the Brahms d minor concerto 1st movement? I am planning to perform it SOMEWHERE if I can find an occasion to actually play it AT. AAAH! it is so beautiful! Even romantic flower ! And as for learning hard pieces quickly, that will happen!!! Of course keep learning new pieces so you can develop that SKILL of learning:) And if you can find patterns happening in your music, that is a great help too!!!! But with PATTERNS, make sure you learn the particular pattern CORRECTLY or else you might learn a whole section of something wrong affraid . I guess it's possible. I've done it! haha! Anyways, here's a funny version of the hungarian rhapsody no.2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTlWMRf4Hjs and here's another hungarian rhapsody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzM8IDp-isA This one is also beautiful. Very gypsy-ish!!!!! This one is hungarian rhapsody no.12 (I played this one before!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqA2E5D0lI Anyways, have fun with those What a Face
Yeah, dont you play it anymore? Isnt it sad to cind of leave songs behind when you probably have put Alot of effort into it?
I have "forgotten" a couple of song that I play and it sucks Razz hehe But, it wont take long of course to get them back into my memmory!

Yeah, I mean No2 Smile Its cool. Not my favorite, but.. La Campanella kicks Hungarian Rhapsody no.2's ass Razz

Patterns, hehehe, well.... I have no idea what to look for considering patters in songs really. So thats somthing that comes with studying of pieces parhaps?!

Great vids. Smile

Yeah usually once you learn something, it's easier to get it back if you've left it after a while:) I don't play hungarian rhapsody no.12 anymore!!! I played it for 2 years so I thought "OK I've had my fun with this piece, so I think I'll move on to other rep!!!!" Speaking of remembering pieces, I tried to play fantasie impromptu and I can ACTUALLY remember it!!!! And I haven't played that piece since I was like 18!!!! You like la campanella huh? Well THAT piece works technique in quite s different way!!!! I found it worked jumps AND relaxations since there are like A MILLION jumps AND the only way to get THROUGH the piece is if one plays it RELAXED. As for looking for patterns in pieces?? Well here are some things you might wanna consider!!! Try looking for repeating sections! How good are you with keys? You could probably find places in your pieces where the keys might change. those are some ways! If I think up anything else, I'll tell you. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos! I showed Andrew the "Rhapsody in Rivets," and he was like LAUGHING Laughing !!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:42 pm

Angela wrote:Yeah usually once you learn something, it's easier to get it back if you've left it after a while:) I don't play hungarian rhapsody no.12 anymore!!! I played it for 2 years so I thought "OK I've had my fun with this piece, so I think I'll move on to other rep!!!!" Speaking of remembering pieces, I tried to play fantasie impromptu and I can ACTUALLY remember it!!!! And I haven't played that piece since I was like 18!!!! You like la campanella huh? Well THAT piece works technique in quite s different way!!!! I found it worked jumps AND relaxations since there are like A MILLION jumps AND the only way to get THROUGH the piece is if one plays it RELAXED. As for looking for patterns in pieces?? Well here are some things you might wanna consider!!! Try looking for repeating sections! How good are you with keys? You could probably find places in your pieces where the keys might change. those are some ways! If I think up anything else, I'll tell you. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos! I showed Andrew the "Rhapsody in Rivets," and he was like LAUGHING Laughing !!!

Ah, I see! Well 2 years is great Smile How long would it take for you to relearn it at the level you got it? Probably not so long?

Okay, and you remember Fantasie I at the same speed also or did you have to practice to get it at the right speed?
Well, I have learned the first 5-6 bars on that piece today. Razz hehe And just tryed some things in the middle part.... SadSad
I think its to hard for me atm, since I dont got a teacher. And Im not sure that I got the patience atm either...... Damn...

Well, the good news is that my "surprice" piece is starting to sound very good Very Happy But I still cant play the whole piece without messing up here and there... And I cant upload it with any error, so Ill try to work at least 30 min+ on it every day this week. If I feel ready Ill record it. If not, Ill wait. Dont want to record it to early like I did Fur Elise... I might as I probably said rerecord that someday. Since I play it flawless 4/5 times, considering both hitting the right keys and the dynamic.

Yeah. La campanella is a piece Im gona play one day... I just wish I could do those pieces now... argh Evil or Very Mad

Well, talking about patterns, I think I understand a bit now. Maby Razz At least this piece Im on now changes key, but its written clearly in the timesignature that is changes. And it repets some righthand and lefthand but on different keys. The fingering and the jump is alike, but on different keys, yeah, you know what I mean Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:40 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:Yeah usually once you learn something, it's easier to get it back if you've left it after a while:) I don't play hungarian rhapsody no.12 anymore!!! I played it for 2 years so I thought "OK I've had my fun with this piece, so I think I'll move on to other rep!!!!" Speaking of remembering pieces, I tried to play fantasie impromptu and I can ACTUALLY remember it!!!! And I haven't played that piece since I was like 18!!!! You like la campanella huh? Well THAT piece works technique in quite s different way!!!! I found it worked jumps AND relaxations since there are like A MILLION jumps AND the only way to get THROUGH the piece is if one plays it RELAXED. As for looking for patterns in pieces?? Well here are some things you might wanna consider!!! Try looking for repeating sections! How good are you with keys? You could probably find places in your pieces where the keys might change. those are some ways! If I think up anything else, I'll tell you. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos! I showed Andrew the "Rhapsody in Rivets," and he was like LAUGHING Laughing !!!

Ah, I see! Well 2 years is great Smile How long would it take for you to relearn it at the level you got it? Probably not so long?

Okay, and you remember Fantasie I at the same speed also or did you have to practice to get it at the right speed?
Well, I have learned the first 5-6 bars on that piece today. Razz hehe And just tryed some things in the middle part.... SadSad
I think its to hard for me atm, since I dont got a teacher. And Im not sure that I got the patience atm either...... Damn...

Well, the good news is that my "surprice" piece is starting to sound very good Very Happy But I still cant play the whole piece without messing up here and there... And I cant upload it with any error, so Ill try to work at least 30 min+ on it every day this week. If I feel ready Ill record it. If not, Ill wait. Dont want to record it to early like I did Fur Elise... I might as I probably said rerecord that someday. Since I play it flawless 4/5 times, considering both hitting the right keys and the dynamic.

Yeah. La campanella is a piece Im gona play one day... I just wish I could do those pieces now... argh Evil or Very Mad

Well, talking about patterns, I think I understand a bit now. Maby Razz At least this piece Im on now changes key, but its written clearly in the timesignature that is changes. And it repets some righthand and lefthand but on different keys. The fingering and the jump is alike, but on different keys, yeah, you know what I mean Smile

Holy Geez!!! 5-6 bars???? affraid THAT'S actually a big accomplishment. yeah it is a bit difficult especially the RH. But one of these days you'll be playing it:) It's hard to have the patience for some of these bigger pieces. Just gotta go slowly with them. Ah your "surprise" piece???? I'm looking forward to hearing it:) yeah I know what you mean about wanting to record once you feel everything is at a good level. That's kinda why I haven't recorded my Schumann yet!!! I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. As for the Fantasie, I was able to play it almost up to tempo, but it was a BIT rusty!!!! hahaha! The Hungarian rhapsody might not take too long to relearn since I was playing it for such a long time! hahaha! So you also wanna learn la campanella? That's a great piece! It's one of those ones many people enjoy Very Happy . I know it's frustrating having to WAIT to play these big pieces! hahaha! That's why I never waited!! Anyways looking forward to hearing your piece!!! Good job with starting the Fantasie!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:48 am

Angela wrote:
Holy Geez!!! 5-6 bars???? affraid THAT'S actually a big accomplishment. yeah it is a bit difficult especially the RH. But one of these days you'll be playing it:) It's hard to have the patience for some of these bigger pieces. Just gotta go slowly with them. Ah your "surprise" piece???? I'm looking forward to hearing it:) yeah I know what you mean about wanting to record once you feel everything is at a good level. That's kinda why I haven't recorded my Schumann yet!!! I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. As for the Fantasie, I was able to play it almost up to tempo, but it was a BIT rusty!!!! hahaha! The Hungarian rhapsody might not take too long to relearn since I was playing it for such a long time! hahaha! So you also wanna learn la campanella? That's a great piece! It's one of those ones many people enjoy Very Happy . I know it's frustrating having to WAIT to play these big pieces! hahaha! That's why I never waited!! Anyways looking forward to hearing your piece!!! Good job with starting the Fantasie!!!

Hehe, well, I just know them by hart, and I cant play them together, or fast, so I guess its not the worlds greatest achevement yet Razz And the L.H in those bars are actually the exact same pattern ast the beginning of Victors Piano solo. It is sooo many pages, bars, and sooo many notes pr bar Razz If I where to seriously start this piece t would be so I could learn it by hart as a sideproject the next months, so that when the time is rightl, it would be alot easyer to learn how to play it good.

Ah, Yeah, looking forward to that Shcumann Wink And I understand the perfectionistic-thingie. I decided that I had to not be so perfectionistic with those small pieces I rec for youtube. SInce im planning on giving my subscribers some good music at least once a week, I cant worrey about a single flaw in a piece that no one but myselfe will really notice.

Hehe.. Smile You dont wait?? Now you just justified that I should never wait either Wink hehe
I listened to that Baroque-Composer that you mentioned int the other topic. It was good Smile

It like before I started Piano I really only knew about these: Beethoven, Back, Mozart, Razz
All the other ones, I had back in my mind but had t see their names to remember them at all, and I would not have been able to recognize any of their comps.
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:32 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Hehe, well, I just know them by hart, and I cant play them together, or fast, so I guess its not the worlds greatest achevement yet Razz And the L.H in those bars are actually the exact same pattern ast the beginning of Victors Piano solo. It is sooo many pages, bars, and sooo many notes pr bar Razz If I where to seriously start this piece t would be so I could learn it by hart as a sideproject the next months, so that when the time is rightl, it would be alot easyer to learn how to play it good.

Ah, Yeah, looking forward to that Shcumann Wink And I understand the perfectionistic-thingie. I decided that I had to not be so perfectionistic with those small pieces I rec for youtube. SInce im planning on giving my subscribers some good music at least once a week, I cant worrey about a single flaw in a piece that no one but myselfe will really notice.

Hehe.. Smile You dont wait?? Now you just justified that I should never wait either Wink hehe
I listened to that Baroque-Composer that you mentioned int the other topic. It was good Smile

It like before I started Piano I really only knew about these: Beethoven, Back, Mozart, Razz
All the other ones, I had back in my mind but had t see their names to remember them at all, and I would not have been able to recognize any of their comps.

I'm glad you enjoyed the scarlatti. I posted another one up and it's also very brilliant!!! That's good that you know Bach Beethoven and Mozart!!! NOW you know some Scarlatti:) Ahhhh! heh heh!!! WELLLLL...... Let's just say I DIDN'T wait to play big pieces *sweat sweat! Embarassed * I also went crazy and was playing these BIG pieces too fast and for too long. So I got that AWFUL tendonitis! SOOOOOOOOO....... wait. OR if you start a big piece go SLOWLY!!!! Slowly meaning don't learn the WHOLE fantasie in a few months.... and then playing it up to speed! haha! I saw you posted a new performance:) Is that one your "surprise" piece????

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:05 am

Angela wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the scarlatti. I posted another one up and it's also very brilliant!!! That's good that you know Bach Beethoven and Mozart!!! NOW you know some Scarlatti:) Ahhhh! heh heh!!! WELLLLL...... Let's just say I DIDN'T wait to play big pieces *sweat sweat! Embarassed * I also went crazy and was playing these BIG pieces too fast and for too long. So I got that AWFUL tendonitis! SOOOOOOOOO....... wait. OR if you start a big piece go SLOWLY!!!! Slowly meaning don't learn the WHOLE fantasie in a few months.... and then playing it up to speed! haha! I saw you posted a new performance:) Is that one your "surprise" piece????

Yeah, It was good Smile I liked the new one to.
Well now I know most of the "populare" composers and som more. I took a teast in January and I scored 18/20 by putting the right lastname to a name. Hehe

I see, so you HAVE had it. I guess its so much easyer to get it again then Sad
Thats to bad. Im not going to learn to play up to speed yet anyways Smile Its to hard at the moment, I would have ripped all my hear of or somthing learning it now. Hehe Razz

Hehe, Now if the new recordng of that mediocre improve was my big "surprise" piece, then I imagne you VERY surprised rabbit Haha, no that not my surprise. I dont practice improv, but felt like an recording. It has actually woken some feelings in some people, and some I guess just finds it bad and boring. But no matter what, it got its small moments for almost everyone I think Razz haha, or not... Razz

Im trying to post my "surspise" if I can call it that.. In a week or so. It was easy to learn it and play it OK but to get rid of all the small flaws and perfecting it, the last 20%, that is more timedemanding Smile But I had my first "perfect" playtrough 2 days ago, and I skipped parcticing it yesterday to just get it on a distanse and mind of it for a day Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:16 am

http/messenger.msn.com
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:12 pm

pianohama wrote:http/messenger.msn.com

Rolling Eyes
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:51 pm

lol!
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:10 am

VictorCS wrote:lol!

scratch

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yeah, It was good Smile I liked the new one to.
Well now I know most of the "populare" composers and som more. I took a teast in January and I scored 18/20 by putting the right lastname to a name. Hehe

I see, so you HAVE had it. I guess its so much easyer to get it again then Sad
Thats to bad. Im not going to learn to play up to speed yet anyways Smile Its to hard at the moment, I would have ripped all my hear of or somthing learning it now. Hehe Razz

Hehe, Now if the new recordng of that mediocre improve was my big "surprise" piece, then I imagne you VERY surprised rabbit Haha, no that not my surprise. I dont practice improv, but felt like an recording. It has actually woken some feelings in some people, and some I guess just finds it bad and boring. But no matter what, it got its small moments for almost everyone I think Razz haha, or not... Razz

Im trying to post my "surspise" if I can call it that.. In a week or so. It was easy to learn it and play it OK but to get rid of all the small flaws and perfecting it, the last 20%, that is more timedemanding Smile But I had my first "perfect" playtrough 2 days ago, and I skipped parcticing it yesterday to just get it on a distanse and mind of it for a day Smile

Yeah I WAS surprised when I heard that improv. Partly because of all those 8ves you were hitting! ACK! It was really good I thought. And yes it did awaken SOME weird feelings in me affraid . Yes I have had tendonitis but it was years ago. Luckily I didn't get it for very long but now I'm always careful when I practise now!!!! But it is probably better to wait and develop your technique some more before you play the fantasie:) hmmmm. Have you ever tried Chopin's funeral march? I think that movement alone is about as gr.8 level AND it doesn't go to fast. It's kinda morbid sounding but it's fun!!! Funeral march?.... Fun.....? uhhhhh...... Rolling Eyes I'm still trying to perfect my Schumann!!!! Andrew recorded me yesterday and asked if I thought it was good enough to post. OF COURSE I said no and he got slightly frustrated because HE thought it sounded good enough!!!! hahahaha! What can I say? I like to make sure I sound good!!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:32 pm

Angela wrote:
Yeah I WAS surprised when I heard that improv. Partly because of all those 8ves you were hitting! ACK! It was really good I thought. And yes it did awaken SOME weird feelings in me affraid . Yes I have had tendonitis but it was years ago. Luckily I didn't get it for very long but now I'm always careful when I practise now!!!! But it is probably better to wait and develop your technique some more before you play the fantasie:) hmmmm. Have you ever tried Chopin's funeral march? I think that movement alone is about as gr.8 level AND it doesn't go to fast. It's kinda morbid sounding but it's fun!!! Funeral march?.... Fun.....? uhhhhh...... Rolling Eyes I'm still trying to perfect my Schumann!!!! Andrew recorded me yesterday and asked if I thought it was good enough to post. OF COURSE I said no and he got slightly frustrated because HE thought it sounded good enough!!!! hahahaha! What can I say? I like to make sure I sound good!!!!!

Hehe, well that Improv was not my surprise, but cool you got surprised anyhow Wink hehe
Hopefully Ill get better at creating good melodies while improvising in the future, but I don't really care if I get any good at improvising or not. I want to be a good pianist and composer Smile Thats my goal.

Yeah, you are right. Ill wait with that. I think also I got to be Really motivated when I start that piece. 6 pages and 1000 notes pr bar takes along time Razz hehehe

Hehe, funuralmarch, fun? Ill check it out on youtube. Smile I have started traumerei. Its cind of hard, not hard techniqely but, hard to hold the consentration cause it looks like there are 100 notes pr bar in all different positions Razz hehe I got 1/5 of it down.

And Ill try to record this weekend when I get my camera back Very Happy Not traumerei but that other piece Smile

So you arent satiesfied???? Haha Very Happy
What was wrong? you just felt something was missing parhaps?? Razz
I understand!! Smile Just take your time Wink I am looking forward to your performance!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:49 pm

haha! Thanks for the hilarious message Laughing . The Fantasie DOES have a lot of notes in it. And YES! The Funeral march IS fun.... MORBIDLY fun!!!! Yay! You've started a Schumann piece!!!!! And I agree. It is difficult. But I have found Schumann is like that. VERY decieving!!!! His music isn't always TECHNICALLY difficult, but it's difficult in other ways, like holding concentrationl His music requires a LOT more than just fast nimble fingers! But if you have 1/5 of it down already that's a good start! Yeah I wasn't totally satisfied with how my Schumann went the other day. I mean.... it sounded OK but I felt I could make it much better:) Keep plugging along with Traumerei! It's one BEAUTIFUL piece!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 am

Angela wrote:haha! Thanks for the hilarious message Laughing . The Fantasie DOES have a lot of notes in it. And YES! The Funeral march IS fun.... MORBIDLY fun!!!! Yay! You've started a Schumann piece!!!!! And I agree. It is difficult. But I have found Schumann is like that. VERY decieving!!!! His music isn't always TECHNICALLY difficult, but it's difficult in other ways, like holding concentrationl His music requires a LOT more than just fast nimble fingers! But if you have 1/5 of it down already that's a good start! Yeah I wasn't totally satisfied with how my Schumann went the other day. I mean.... it sounded OK but I felt I could make it much better:) Keep plugging along with Traumerei! It's one BEAUTIFUL piece!!!

Hehe Wink Yeah, I listened to it Smile It must be as you say, Morbidly fun, haha-.. Have you ever performed in weddings or funerals or somthing like that??

Yeah its so beautyfull I almost cant understand how some pieces just are soo breathtaking Razz
Hope I can finish it. I relly never finished Yann tirstens piece and chopins prelude in e minor. SadSad

Okay Smile Well, its just around the corner then Very Happy Happy practiceing ;D
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:19 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:haha! Thanks for the hilarious message Laughing . The Fantasie DOES have a lot of notes in it. And YES! The Funeral march IS fun.... MORBIDLY fun!!!! Yay! You've started a Schumann piece!!!!! And I agree. It is difficult. But I have found Schumann is like that. VERY decieving!!!! His music isn't always TECHNICALLY difficult, but it's difficult in other ways, like holding concentrationl His music requires a LOT more than just fast nimble fingers! But if you have 1/5 of it down already that's a good start! Yeah I wasn't totally satisfied with how my Schumann went the other day. I mean.... it sounded OK but I felt I could make it much better:) Keep plugging along with Traumerei! It's one BEAUTIFUL piece!!!

Hehe Wink Yeah, I listened to it Smile It must be as you say, Morbidly fun, haha-.. Have you ever performed in weddings or funerals or somthing like that??

Yeah its so beautyfull I almost cant understand how some pieces just are soo breathtaking Razz
Hope I can finish it. I relly never finished Yann tirstens piece and chopins prelude in e minor. SadSad

Okay Smile Well, its just around the corner then Very Happy Happy practiceing ;D

I know! Like I don't know HOW these composers DO it! Like they compose something and it's just so AMAZING! Brahms is like that too. His piano concerto? OMG! HOW did one guy compose something so FABULOUS! Aww! You didn't finish chopin's e minor prelude???? I'm sure you could finish it now!!! I mean.. you finished Fur elise and that's about the same difficulty level:) And what is Yann tirstens piece? I've never heard of that. Yes I have performed for weddings a lot. It's fun and everyone is always appreciative of your work! But I'm looking forward to me and Andrew's wedding!!!! Because then I'LL be the bride instead of the musician! hahahaha! Anyways, playing at weddings and stuff is a good experience. Especially if you get to perform with another instrument like violin or cello, or if you get to perform with a vocalist. That teaches you how to work with other people and how to make music with MORE people than just yourself:) Anyways, if you finish the traumerei, I'd be interested in hearing it!!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:22 am

Angela wrote: I know! Like I don't know HOW these composers DO it! Like they compose something and it's just so AMAZING! Brahms is like that too. His piano concerto? OMG! HOW did one guy compose something so FABULOUS! Aww! You didn't finish chopin's e minor prelude???? I'm sure you could finish it now!!! I mean.. you finished Fur elise and that's about the same difficulty level:) And what is Yann tirstens piece? I've never heard of that. Yes I have performed for weddings a lot. It's fun and everyone is always appreciative of your work! But I'm looking forward to me and Andrew's wedding!!!! Because then I'LL be the bride instead of the musician! hahahaha! Anyways, playing at weddings and stuff is a good experience. Especially if you get to perform with another instrument like violin or cello, or if you get to perform with a vocalist. That teaches you how to work with other people and how to make music with MORE people than just yourself:) Anyways, if you finish the traumerei, I'd be interested in hearing it!!!!!

Yeah Smile So true! I have actually started composing a series of small comps. I am planning at least 7 sonatinas. (c,d,e,f,g,a,b)
My Sonatina in C major was done yesterday! Smile Ill record all 7 the day I have them all down. Its alot of fun Smile

Its strange that I havnt heard so much Brahms Razz hehe Im gona check him out some more!! Smile

Will, its not like I had problems with it. Its a technically easy piece. I learned the right hand, and left hand in 2-3 hours. But I only got around to putting the first half together before I went on to other pieces. I unfortuantly often put pieces aside to early Razz
There just arent enough time to learn every single piece I want to learn Sad

Aaaah, so you have some experience in weddings. Thats awesome! Smile Yeah, I understand. Its a bit different to play with a singer that to play with a metronome, haha Very Happy

Yeah, Ill record Traumerei when I finish it. Its the only piece im learning now atm! =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:53 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote: I know! Like I don't know HOW these composers DO it! Like they compose something and it's just so AMAZING! Brahms is like that too. His piano concerto? OMG! HOW did one guy compose something so FABULOUS! Aww! You didn't finish chopin's e minor prelude???? I'm sure you could finish it now!!! I mean.. you finished Fur elise and that's about the same difficulty level:) And what is Yann tirstens piece? I've never heard of that. Yes I have performed for weddings a lot. It's fun and everyone is always appreciative of your work! But I'm looking forward to me and Andrew's wedding!!!! Because then I'LL be the bride instead of the musician! hahahaha! Anyways, playing at weddings and stuff is a good experience. Especially if you get to perform with another instrument like violin or cello, or if you get to perform with a vocalist. That teaches you how to work with other people and how to make music with MORE people than just yourself:) Anyways, if you finish the traumerei, I'd be interested in hearing it!!!!!

Yeah Smile So true! I have actually started composing a series of small comps. I am planning at least 7 sonatinas. (c,d,e,f,g,a,b)
My Sonatina in C major was done yesterday! Smile Ill record all 7 the day I have them all down. Its alot of fun Smile

Its strange that I havnt heard so much Brahms Razz hehe Im gona check him out some more!! Smile

Will, its not like I had problems with it. Its a technically easy piece. I learned the right hand, and left hand in 2-3 hours. But I only got around to putting the first half together before I went on to other pieces. I unfortuantly often put pieces aside to early Razz
There just arent enough time to learn every single piece I want to learn Sad

Aaaah, so you have some experience in weddings. Thats awesome! Smile Yeah, I understand. Its a bit different to play with a singer that to play with a metronome, haha Very Happy

Yeah, Ill record Traumerei when I finish it. Its the only piece im learning now atm! =)

Wow that's a lot of sonatinas there:) Maybe you will be the next Scarlatti (he composed like over 500 keyboard sonatas!). Yes well Brahms is wonderful and his music is accessible too. hahah! Yeah so many pieces, so little time! It takes some patience to get these pieces learned too. Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing Traumerei!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:06 am

Holy !@#$*&!^*(%^!*&%@^*!*&%#*&^!%!!!!! I heard your rondo alla turka I was omg. That was REALLY pulled off well. But really though. Don't leave that piece yet. It's gonna be amazing one of these days!!! Anyways, I thought you'd enjoy this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sptkTmF8Jgk&feature=PlayList&p=2E3D845043E5E9E6&index=18

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:58 am

Angela wrote:
Wow that's a lot of sonatinas there:) Maybe you will be the next Scarlatti (he composed like over 500 keyboard sonatas!). Yes well Brahms is wonderful and his music is accessible too. hahah! Yeah so many pieces, so little time! It takes some patience to get these pieces learned too. Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing Traumerei!!!!

Hehe, yeah. Im stuck. I cant do a good D maj sonatina Sad hehe

Ah another vagely known name; Scarlatti Razz hehe Ill be sure to check him out on youtube! Smile
Now you reminded me Im learning Traumerei!! I better keep on going, hehe. Smile I was so lost in other projects thees weekend I almost forgot Razz

Angela wrote:Holy !@#$*&!^*(%^!*&%@^*!*&%#*&^!%!!!!! I heard your rondo alla turka I was omg. That was REALLY pulled off well. But really though. Don't leave that piece yet. It's gonna be amazing one of these days!!! Anyways, I thought you'd enjoy this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sptkTmF8Jgk&feature=PlayList&p=2E3D845043E5E9E6&index=18

Hehehe Very Happy The I guess it was a surprise then!! Wink I almost did it last weekend, but I am glad I managed to wait. I have had a huge development on the detailfront the last week Smile And I used 5 hours and countless tries troughout yesterday to get that recording of the piece!!! Hehe, so Im not at that point where I play it that good 9/10 times. More like 1/ 50 or 60 or 70 hehehehe, true!! Sad But I am satisfied I got a that good recording of it! Very Happy

Noh, Im not gona leave it for a LONG time Very Happy I love to play it. And I need to get it to that point, that when I dont play "that good" then its a messup, and not a 1/50 performance! hahaha Very Happy One day!! Wink

Oooh Smile Always a little exiting to get a youtubelink Wink Ill watch it now! Smile

Edit: AWESOME VID!! Haha, its s fun to see these pieces on guitars Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:05 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Hehe, yeah. Im stuck. I cant do a good D maj sonatina Sad hehe

Ah another vagely known name; Scarlatti Razz hehe Ill be sure to check him out on youtube! Smile
Now you reminded me Im learning Traumerei!! I better keep on going, hehe. Smile I was so lost in other projects thees weekend I almost forgot Razz

Angela wrote:Holy !@#$*&!^*(%^!*&%@^*!*&%#*&^!%!!!!! I heard your rondo alla turka I was omg. That was REALLY pulled off well. But really though. Don't leave that piece yet. It's gonna be amazing one of these days!!! Anyways, I thought you'd enjoy this here

Hehehe Very Happy The I guess it was a surprise then!! Wink I almost did it last weekend, but I am glad I managed to wait. I have had a huge development on the detailfront the last week Smile And I used 5 hours and countless tries troughout yesterday to get that recording of the piece!!! Hehe, so Im not at that point where I play it that good 9/10 times. More like 1/ 50 or 60 or 70 hehehehe, true!! Sad But I am satisfied I got a that good recording of it! Very Happy

Noh, Im not gona leave it for a LONG time Very Happy I love to play it. And I need to get it to that point, that when I dont play "that good" then its a messup, and not a 1/50 performance! hahaha Very Happy One day!! Wink

Oooh Smile Always a little exiting to get a youtubelink Wink Ill watch it now! Smile

Edit: AWESOME VID!! Haha, its s fun to see these pieces on guitars Very Happy

Yeah you did a great job on that Rondo alla turka:) I'm totally like speechless. It's ok those pieces take time to settle and it will improve the more you play it:) Which I hope you will! I'm glad you enjoyed the YouTube link. That guy's totally INTENSE!!!! I just played through the SECOND movement of my Schumann fantasie! Apparently I can still remember it, but I'm not gonna record that one. But the first movement is going up soon. aaaaaah! hahaha!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:17 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
Yeah you did a great job on that Rondo alla turka:) I'm totally like speechless. It's ok those pieces take time to settle and it will improve the more you play it:) Which I hope you will! I'm glad you enjoyed the YouTube link. That guy's totally INTENSE!!!! I just played through the SECOND movement of my Schumann fantasie! Apparently I can still remember it, but I'm not gonna record that one. But the first movement is going up soon. aaaaaah! hahaha!

Hehe, done a sexchange the last day or something since your name is.... Andrew Surprised

Tnx Smile Yeah, at first I didnt really think I was going to keep it a secret, but I felt I learned so easly so I actually thought I could do it at a fair level with enough practice Smile Than it was cind of fun to keep the surprise Smile

Yup I wont give it up. Im already starting to practice with some of Andrews Tips. My pinkie hurts a bit though, after many tries that day..... Sad It might be to week to get that cind of beating Razz Thos split octaves is probably to blame Razz

Ah. Second also Smile You have quite a repertoar Smile Im checking out that second movement then on youtube Smile But Im waiting to hear the first movement untill your performance Smile Soon hey? Thats good! I guess you are going back to school soon? Then there will probably be less time here?? =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:33 am

Thomandy wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:

Hehe, done a sexchange the last day or something since your name is.... Andrew Surprised

Tnx Smile Yeah, at first I didnt really think I was going to keep it a secret, but I felt I learned so easly so I actually thought I could do it at a fair level with enough practice Smile Than it was cind of fun to keep the surprise Smile

Yup I wont give it up. Im already starting to practice with some of Andrews Tips. My pinkie hurts a bit though, after many tries that day..... Sad It might be to week to get that cind of beating Razz Thos split octaves is probably to blame Razz

Ah. Second also Smile You have quite a repertoar Smile Im checking out that second movement then on youtube Smile But Im waiting to hear the first movement untill your performance Smile Soon hey? Thats good! I guess you are going back to school soon? Then there will probably be less time here?? =)

Whoa nelly! I didn't realize that happened. I forgot I was using Andrew's computer and didn't log out and sign into MY account! oopsy! No worries, I'm still female!!!! Yeah split 8ves will cause some amount of stress on the hands. Yeah the second movement of the Schumann fantasie is really cool too. It's got a crazy coda at the end that is like all jumpy and crazy. My friend at University and I used to joke about it calling it the "mexican jumping bean" section! hahahaaa! Oh you should also check out the third movement of the Schumann fantasie. THAT movement is the one MANY people LOVE! Yes I'm going back to school pretty soon. Looking forward to it actually!!!! I'll be staying with some friends until september so I better be prepared for A LOT of pain because they have two boys age 2 and 4. THey like to beat me up. But they call it PLAYING!!! hahah!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:16 pm

Angela wrote:
Whoa nelly! I didn't realize that happened. I forgot I was using Andrew's computer and didn't log out and sign into MY account! oopsy! No worries, I'm still female!!!! Yeah split 8ves will cause some amount of stress on the hands. Yeah the second movement of the Schumann fantasie is really cool too. It's got a crazy coda at the end that is like all jumpy and crazy. My friend at University and I used to joke about it calling it the "mexican jumping bean" section! hahahaaa! Oh you should also check out the third movement of the Schumann fantasie. THAT movement is the one MANY people LOVE! Yes I'm going back to school pretty soon. Looking forward to it actually!!!! I'll be staying with some friends until september so I better be prepared for A LOT of pain because they have two boys age 2 and 4. THey like to beat me up. But they call it PLAYING!!! hahah!

Yeah, I cind of knew that it was something like that! No worries! Smile

Yup, Ill take a little break from that piece now. a day or two. The pain is almost gone, but still, I dont want to stress my finger Razz Okay, Ill check that out aswell then Very Happy Haha, mexican jumping bean Wink

So how often do you see Andrew when attendig school? Isnt it very far away?? Maby good with some pause after a whole vacation together Wink haha

Hehe, yeah, 2 and 4, thats a good age for sure Wink Alot of energy Wink

Btw:
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next