Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where and how to get synthesizer patches?

5 posters

Go down

Where and how to get synthesizer patches? Empty Where and how to get synthesizer patches?

Post by kentaku_sama Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:25 am

Ok I'm new to this but I think I would like to get into Electric and trance music but my keyboard only has a few sounds that are very synthesizer like. even though it has 400! LOL Well I have no idea how or where to get patches and download them onto my keyboard. I want some sounds that they use in games Like
BLinx the time sweeper and music like Trance remix style. I have a "Yamaha PSR E-403" keyboard and yes it has a usb input and pitch bend. I only want free patches. Also is someone could give me a resource for some instruction on making electric, trance music.
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 155
Job/hobbies : Manga, Drawing, Music, Japanese Language
Length of time playing piano : 3 or 4 years seriously
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Where and how to get synthesizer patches? Empty Re: Where and how to get synthesizer patches?

Post by NotTooOld Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:08 pm

I think you might be disappointed. My understanding is you can add new songs and/or styles to the E403, but it has no provision for new voices.

Here is a good source for Yamaha Electronic Support.

When it comes to 'trance', man i don't know. Maybe this will help.

Good luck!
NotTooOld
NotTooOld
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Where and how to get synthesizer patches? Empty Re: Where and how to get synthesizer patches?

Post by pianohama Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:58 pm

kentaku_sama wrote:Ok I'm new to this but I think I would like to get into Electric and trance music but my keyboard only has a few sounds that are very synthesizer like. even though it has 400! LOL Well I have no idea how or where to get patches and download them onto my keyboard. I want some sounds that they use in games Like
BLinx the time sweeper and music like Trance remix style. I have a "Yamaha PSR E-403" keyboard and yes it has a usb input and pitch bend. I only want free patches. Also is someone could give me a resource for some instruction on making electric, trance music.

wire your keyboard to your computer with USB, then use it as a midi claviature and your computer as a synthesizer
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:07 am

Google and try the free demos for FL studio, Ableton Live, Reason (only midi no audio). Then search youtube for how to make trance https://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=how+to+make+trance&aq=f

You can also get Reaper (it's free) http://www.reaper.fm/
and use it as a VST host.

Then google for "free vst instruments" and download to your hearts content.

EDIT: http://wareseeker.com/free-yamaha-psr-e403/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLRjnHyINxU
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul_Prince77 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:36 pm

although i dont have any links for free stuff i can help with set up... basically u could run a usb audio/ midi interface to a decently fast computer it should automatically read it after a simple setup... these interfaces are pretty cheap it just depends on how important quality is for you... after this u willl need some sort of software depending on what you want to do.. generally trace music is done by looping in which case finding a demo version offruity loops or reason would be sufficient.. if you wanted a more intricate live feel then you would need to do some more investing in gear and could get a free demo version of something more like cubase or protools.... you would then install a vst instrument which you can also find free if you look around.. these come with ridiculous amounts of possibilities(last i heard protools doesnt use vst's they use something only made by their company)... i spent 200 and got enough to tide me over for years creatively... these days i just invest in vintage keyboards but i do diff style of music. anyways u would just buy a midi wire and hook the in to the out between ur keyboard n interface n vise versa... then u just need to do a little routing in your sequencing software of choice and you would be in business!!!
Soul_Prince77
Soul_Prince77
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : i play any instrument i can get mah hands on
Length of time playing piano : 6 years
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down