Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My most insane and most interesting goals

3 posters

Go down

My most insane and most interesting goals Empty My most insane and most interesting goals

Post by Sparrow Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:31 am

I have many, many goals when it comes to the piano, but I'll just talk about the crazy ones, they're more fun anyway.
My most immediate goal is to get a superior rating at the district music festival, so I can compete at the state level. I was one point away last year! I've never been so frustrated in my life. Sad
My craziest goal is to get accepted for the Stony Brook International Piano Festival. It's two weeks of concerts, lectures, classes, and recitals. They have two guest artists each year. I really want to go, but.... they only take ten people! pale And you have to make a thirty minute audition CD! And I'm terrified of recording! These are the four pieces I'm learning for the audition: Praeludium V. and Fuga V. a 4 voci, by J.S. Bach; Rhapsody in G minor, Op. 79, No. 2 by Brahms; Rondo in D Major, K. 485, by Mozart; and Douze Etudes, Op. 25, No. 1 by Chopin. Maybe all this sounds like a piece of cake to all you talented people who actually have a chance at being successful with the piano, but to me it sounds near impossible. A year and a half ago I was still at the level of someone who had been taking lessons for only three years, instead of the eight years of lessons I had had. Luckily, once I had a better teacher I progressed very quickly, but I still feel like I'm behind. So this goal is a little crazy. But, hey, crazy makes the world go round. Very Happy
-Sparrow

Sparrow
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : music in general, especially piano and singing; art, my favorite is scratch art
Length of time playing piano : Since i was five, so twelve years, but only nine years of lessons
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

My most insane and most interesting goals Empty Re: My most insane and most interesting goals

Post by VictorCS Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:14 am

Sparrow wrote:Maybe all this sounds like a piece of cake to all you talented people who actually have a chance at being successful with the piano

This didnt sound like a piece of cake to me ( talented or not ), I know I'm only been serious for almost 2 years now. Anyway, I do believe you can manage it ( depending on when it is ), looking at Thomandy's progress after only less than a year ( everything looks possible ). It's all about the right practice. You can practice chords all day, but you wont learn a chopin piece if you dont practice the sheet. In the end it's all about how and what you practice ( and a little bit about the omega-3 that the brain loves )...

Myself actually want to progress faster, if possible practice 24/7. But even tho I do practice hard, and trying to learn something new everyday, I just cant pratice enough, because of my body's limitation. That's frustrating. Piano 1-2 hours a day ( right now 4-5 hours ) + guitar 1 hours + weightliftin twice a week, I've kinda reached my limit. And now that I got weighted keys ^_^

With 4-5 hours I can feel the pain comming, but I've just got the digital piano, so I need a little fun.
3 hours a day is 21 hours a week + weightlifting = 24 hours of upper body exercising every week.

Looking at the facts one would think that my biceps/triceps/shoulders are HUGE lol!
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

My most insane and most interesting goals Empty Re: My most insane and most interesting goals

Post by Thomandy Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:23 am

Hey Smile Its as victors say; Not crazy at all, and everything is possible(t least almost, hehe) Wink You have to set some "crazy" goals, but it seams you got very achievable goals Smile

Try out our performance topic Smile It would be nice to hear you play since you are as you say somewhat experienced Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down