Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My own Goals

+22
raptors_back
arzi
Marlyn
karax268
jeanne.supermum
Antd123
CripKilla
moonlight21
monophile
zeroflash
Crescent
Thomandy
JuliaC
Jordan
maggiekedves
1uc
VictorCS
Dalirus
kel2corkey
kaburto1966
Furelisa
Admin Andrew
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My own Goals Empty My own Goals

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:02 am

I have many goals for myself. Embarassed

One of them is to be a great teacher Very Happy I want to impact people in a positive way as much as I possibly can.
I love you
I love you
I also want to develop my own skills and become a better pianist and better musician in general! I love to learn so I want to make sure I never stop learning something new everyday study

Also another goal of mine is to one day play Chopin's e minor Concerto with a full orchestra! I think that'd be amazing!
Very Happy

I want to have a family, have kids, and keep following my passion. I won't be satisfied with "just getting by" I think wasted potential is much worse than not having potential at all. king

Last edited by Admin Andrew on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing emotes)
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

My own Goals Empty Re: My own Goals

Post by Furelisa Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:45 am

My goals... I've got a few, but I'd like to share one of my "piano goals" Smile My piano goal is to learn how to play "Gentle Beast" by a Russian composer Evgeni Doga. If you've never heard of this piece before, check it out, cause it's AWESOME!! You'll fall in love with it and want to learn it as well I love you
Furelisa
Furelisa
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 8
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:53 am

Furelisa wrote:My goals... I've got a few, but I'd like to share one of my "piano goals" Smile My piano goal is to learn how to play "Gentle Beast" by a Russian composer Evgeni Doga. If you've never heard of this piece before, check it out, cause it's AWESOME!! You'll fall in love with it and want to learn it as well I love you

hehe, your'e so patriotic ^_^ it's cute!

Yes that piece is AWESOME it really is, if you ever printed out a good version of the music I might actually learn it! ^_^ Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furelisa Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:06 am

I actually forgot about printing out a good version... but I'll do it tomorrow Smile
Furelisa
Furelisa
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:08 am

Furelisa wrote:I actually forgot about printing out a good version... but I'll do it tomorrow Smile

I'll hold you to that;)
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kaburto1966 Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Andrew, you ARE a great teacher! I purchased a keyboard a year ago last November and you have helped me tremendously! My goal is to become good enough to play hymns at my church and play for fun with other musicians. Very Happy

kaburto1966
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kel2corkey Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm probably a little out of my depth with you guys,but regarding my piano playing goals i want to improve so i can play my own material at a very high standard,and make it easier to compose music and put that music to words.
kel2corkey
kel2corkey
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : Fork lift truck driver
Length of time playing piano : I've had a keyboard for 15 years

http://uk.youtube.com/user/kel2corkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:16 pm

kel2corkey wrote:I'm probably a little out of my depth with you guys,but regarding my piano playing goals i want to improve so i can play my own material at a very high standard,and make it easier to compose music and put that music to words.

Hey don't discredit yoruself, ANY goal is a good goal, there are no bad goals, or less great ones, your goal is what you'd like to have yourself! I think that's great that you want to improve yourself! When you say play your own material, do you mean you've composed stuff already and want to play it, or you want to play so that you can compose in the future?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:18 pm

kaburto1966 wrote:Andrew, you ARE a great teacher! I purchased a keyboard a year ago last November and you have helped me tremendously! My goal is to become good enough to play hymns at my church and play for fun with other musicians. Very Happy

Aww thanks ^_^ to me myself, i don't actually feel like i'm a great teacher, I always want to improve so I feel like if i'm satisfied with my performance then I won't have the drive to improve, and I want to keep improving! But i know part of getting better is also being able to take compliments as well ^_^ so thank you very much! I'm really glad i could help you tremendously! I hope this forum can help you tremendously as well!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalirus Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:24 pm

To improve my sight reading because me and my professor both know it needs major work... Mad

Dalirus
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Number of posts : 25
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kel2corkey Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:
kel2corkey wrote:I'm probably a little out of my depth with you guys,but regarding my piano playing goals i want to improve so i can play my own material at a very high standard,and make it easier to compose music and put that music to words.

Hey don't discredit yoruself, ANY goal is a good goal, there are no bad goals, or less great ones, your goal is what you'd like to have yourself! I think that's great that you want to improve yourself! When you say play your own material, do you mean you've composed stuff already and want to play it, or you want to play so that you can compose in the future?

Ive already composed some music but i am a little limited at playing it live.
Thanks for being so encouraging.
Take care
Kel
kel2corkey
kel2corkey
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : Fork lift truck driver
Length of time playing piano : I've had a keyboard for 15 years

http://uk.youtube.com/user/kel2corkey

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:08 am

My goal....? Would have to be.... To be able to play what I want when I want, on both piano and guitar,
and prolly work with music... And ofcourse to stay fit, by lifting weights and jog each week.. ^^

I dont have any goals about what piece I wanna learn next,
because what I learn depends on what I hear and see....

As long as I learn something new I'm ok.

Basically:
Play music
Work with music
Be Healthy
Have a great life
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:30 am

VictorCS wrote:My goal....? Would have to be.... To be able to play what I want when I want, on both piano and guitar,
and prolly work with music... And ofcourse to stay fit, by lifting weights and jog each week.. ^^

I dont have any goals about what piece I wanna learn next,
because what I learn depends on what I hear and see....

As long as I learn something new I'm ok.

Basically:
Play music
Work with music
Be Healthy
Have a great life

I like your goals, I think being healthy is EXTREMLY important, I always try to live a balanced lifestyle (as good as i can at least)
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1uc Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:36 am

let me see...

1. Learn as much as possible about music theory so I could compose my own pieces.
- HERE is one VERY old from like the world B.C. Razz I composed this little etude in 2005 i think Smile

2. To be able to play the piano until death do us part Smile Also to have everything under control while playing, you know: proper rythm, left hand, right hand, each finger, peddaling etc. TO BE MORE RELAXED

3. Apart from music I'd like to become an independent artist ((digital) painter, character designer...) or animator - thats probably not going to happen because I live in a country without any animation studios. Sad

4. I would also like to find my self a nice wife someday lol Very Happy although I'm only 20 so I don't have to worry about that yet ...i think Razz

5. My final goal would have to be... well it's more of a wish...to die a natural death on the bed while sleeping, not for some annoying disease. pale BUT till then...LIVE MY LIFE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE Smile cheers
1uc
1uc
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : I like art! Playing piano, painting, drawing, dancing...
Length of time playing piano : 3years now - on & off (as much time as I have)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:28 pm

1uc wrote:let me see...

1. Learn as much as possible about music theory so I could compose my own pieces.
- HERE is one VERY old from like the world B.C. Razz I composed this little etude in 2005 i think Smile

2. To be able to play the piano until death do us part Smile Also to have everything under control while playing, you know: proper rythm, left hand, right hand, each finger, peddaling etc. TO BE MORE RELAXED

3. Apart from music I'd like to become an independent artist ((digital) painter, character designer...) or animator - thats probably not going to happen because I live in a country without any animation studios. Sad

4. I would also like to find my self a nice wife someday lol Very Happy although I'm only 20 so I don't have to worry about that yet ...i think Razz

5. My final goal would have to be... well it's more of a wish...to die a natural death on the bed while sleeping, not for some annoying disease. pale BUT till then...LIVE MY LIFE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE Smile cheers

Thanks for shareing your goals Very Happy You'd like to be an animator hey? I've always found it interesting, but i'm not sure if I'd have the patience to sit there and draw for hours on end Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:31 pm

VictorCS wrote:My goal....? Would have to be.... To be able to play what I want when I want,....

Basically:
Play music
Work with music
Be Healthy
Have a great life
I could have not phrase it better myself. That is what I would love to reach, play what I want because I can read any sheetmusic cheers
My philosophy is "Music is LIFE."
Whenever I could not listen to the music I like I was truly deeply depressed... and I only realized that when I got to listen some music and it was extatic right then.
Now as I learn the piano the world just opened up even more now I can even "perform" classical pieces for my own pleasure.
But my most important goal from all - not tied to the topic - to be a person whom people respect and look up to, especially my children. I can tell you it is one of the hardest job on Earth. bom
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:57 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
VictorCS wrote:My goal....? Would have to be.... To be able to play what I want when I want,....

Basically:
Play music
Work with music
Be Healthy
Have a great life
I could have not phrase it better myself. That is what I would love to reach, play what I want because I can read any sheetmusic cheers
My philosophy is "Music is LIFE."
Whenever I could not listen to the music I like I was truly deeply depressed... and I only realized that when I got to listen some music and it was extatic right then.
Now as I learn the piano the world just opened up even more now I can even "perform" classical pieces for my own pleasure.
But my most important goal from all - not tied to the topic - to be a person whom people respect and look up to, especially my children. I can tell you it is one of the hardest job on Earth. bom

I like your view on music and life, I can definitely relate! Thanks for shareing Maggie Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:22 am

I agree with VictorCS. Music IS my life, and that's all I do.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliaC Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:37 am

Well, I guess we all have at least one goal in common: music I love you
I dream with playing keyboard and composing my own songs, but I also love photography, to draw and to paint traditionally and using photoshop, and one of my goals is to be better in that. And the third goal I'm gonna share with you is that once I know enough of music I would really love to teach others... but now I have to focus in learning xD

JuliaC
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : music, digital and traditional art
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:36 am

JuliaC wrote:Well, I guess we all have at least one goal in common: music I love you
I dream with playing keyboard and composing my own songs, but I also love photography, to draw and to paint traditionally and using photoshop, and one of my goals is to be better in that. And the third goal I'm gonna share with you is that once I know enough of music I would really love to teach others... but now I have to focus in learning xD

Im addicted to photography as much as music... I am so happy to live in the age when I can have digital cameras, internet... access to all of this valuable knowledge... I was drawing a long time ago I stopped it...and now I feel like I cant draw anymore. If you dont use it you loose it so if I can advise you whatever you would like to be better in NEVER stop doing it... just a little can keep you in shape.

It is very respectable that you would like to be a music teacher. I'm sure you can learn a lot from Andrew too. Thanks for sharing.I wish you good luck!
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliaC Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:41 am

Thank you : ) and I think that if you like to draw or to do any other thing and now you feel you can't you shouldn't give up, maybe you just need some inspiration, same that music can offer you cat

JuliaC
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : music, digital and traditional art
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:18 am

maggiekedves wrote:
JuliaC wrote:Well, I guess we all have at least one goal in common: music I love you

Im addicted to photography as much as music... I am so happy to live in the age when I can have digital cameras, internet... access to all of this valuable knowledge... I was drawing a long time ago I stopped it...and now I feel like I cant draw anymore. If you dont use it you loose it so if I can advise you whatever you would like to be better in NEVER stop doing it... just a little can keep you in shape.

It is very respectable that you would like to be a music teacher. I'm sure you can learn a lot from Andrew too. Thanks for sharing.I wish you good luck!

I also love photography. I tried drawing in the past but it wasn't something that I was interesting in doing. I rather take photos - whether its glamour, emotive, or fashion. Lately, I've been thinking about really learning how to draw, but I'd need a teacher to learn the right way.
Jordan
Jordan

Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:10 am

Jordan wrote:

I also love photography. I tried drawing in the past but it wasn't something that I was interesting in doing. I rather take photos - whether its glamour, emotive, or fashion. Lately, I've been thinking about really learning how to draw, but I'd need a teacher to learn the right way.

I know there is nothing like having a teacher... but actually in America there are some quite neat TVprogrammes and DVDs which try to help the interested people how to learn it. I saw some pretty good books too in Amazon and bookstores.
I know I also found some fun sites about it too...
Like the main principles are laid out on this page-- http://www.geocities.com/~jlhagan/K9-14/introduction.htm
or here http://www.drawingcoach.com/

My friends who did sketches and try to draw all kind of imaginary shapes and figures turned out to be the best drawers... so it is starting with all kinds of funny sketches.. Smile Hope you can find a good source even if you dont have time (or money) for a teacher.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:59 am

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:

I know there is nothing like having a teacher... but actually in America there are some quite neat TVprogrammes and DVDs which try to help the interested people how to learn it. I saw some pretty good books too in Amazon and bookstores.
Like the main principles are laid out on this page-- http://www.geocities.com/~jlhagan/K9-14/introduction.htm

My friends who did sketches and try to draw all kind of imaginary shapes and figures turned out to be the best drawers... so it is starting with all kinds of funny sketches.. Smile Hope you can find a good source even if you dont have time (or money) for a teacher.

Yeah, we also got a bunch of sources for art here in Canada (or should I say North America, lol). Because honestly, foreign people call us "Americans" and I don't blame them because Canada is in North America. In my opinion, we're pretty much equal to people in USA.

Anyway, back on topic. Art is very cool, although I'm more of a musical artist rather then a drawing artist. Regardless, I'd love to learn some day and I appreciate it for the web links!
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:00 am

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Yeah, we also got a bunch of sources for art here in Canada (or should I say North America, lol). Because honestly, foreign people call us "Americans" and I don't blame them because Canada is in North America. In my opinion, we're pretty much equal to people in USA.

Anyway, back on topic. Art is very cool, although I'm more of a musical artist rather then a drawing artist. Regardless, I'd love to learn some day and I appreciate it for the web links! Very Happy
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next