Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian - Who? No not the religion. The pianist!

+3
karax268
Amro
Christian
7 posters

Go down

Christian - Who? No not the religion. The pianist! Empty Christian - Who? No not the religion. The pianist!

Post by Christian Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Hello hello.

My name is Christian, I live in a basement in a very cold country with people who talk weird. But you don't care about that, what you care about is thus:

I started playing around with the piano around november last year, and by that I mean playing around. A girl in my class showed another girl what the notes where, and I picked it up to. I then learned to play the melody for "colors of the wind" from pocahontas. I also evertually started to learn from the tutorials on youtube. I played maybe one or two hours every week, and five minutes here, and five mintues there. Mostly repeats, and I forgot all about the notes.

This summer when I got home, I started playing seriously. From youtube I learned how to play To Zanarkand, wich I love, alot. And I can also play Tupac - Changes.

And lastly I stumbled upon Andrews channel, and here. And after watching the lot of the new lessons Ive learned alot, and I have decided to be able to sightread before christmas.

Later this week, (possibly to andrews great horror) Im getting a stagepiano. Yamaha P140. ITs small enough to fit into where I live.

WIsh I had a grand piano.

Blah blah blah. Cant think of anything else. Hope you enjoyed reading this.

g c g a d g c #g
Love Christian

Christian
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 121
Job/hobbies : The Irish Drinking Song!
Length of time playing piano : A serious pianist since midsummer 2008!
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Christian - Who? No not the religion. The pianist! Empty Re: Christian - Who? No not the religion. The pianist!

Post by Amro Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:18 pm

Welcome to the Forum ... Very Happy
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Christian - Who? No not the religion. The pianist! Empty Re: Christian - Who? No not the religion. The pianist!

Post by karax268 Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Welcome Very Happy

You made me kind of curious though, about that very cold country with those weird talking people Smile

Anyway, I hope you'll have fun on this forum

karax268
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Job/hobbies : Piano, Writing
Length of time playing piano : four months now I think
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi =) And Welcome Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:52 pm

The cold country is Norway.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Smile

Christian
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:01 am

Hehe, cold Country Norway?? Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by karax268 Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:56 am

ah, guess I should have expected something like that Razz

karax268
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:35 am

karax268 wrote:ah, guess I should have expected something like that Razz

Hehe, I dont understand. Im not reacting to anything Razz I just didnt understand what you meant Razz hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by karax268 Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Thomandy wrote:
karax268 wrote:ah, guess I should have expected something like that Razz

Hehe, I dont understand. Im not reacting to anything Razz I just didnt understand what you meant Razz hehe

I meant that I should have expected that a cold country should be a northern country Razz

karax268
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Hey! Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed reading what you posted you have a fun to read writing style! ^_^ I'm glad my videos have been able to help you out!

You're from Norway as well? Wow, it seems like quite a few people from Norway are on the forums here. Maybe one day if I take a trip to Norway i'll be all famous over there hahaha Smile

Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post, I'm looking forward to reading more~!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Again hello to everyone new to this fabolous virtuos thread.

And hello to you Andrew. Pleasure to "talk" to you. Harr-harr.

Still waiting for my P140, so theres been no playing for a few days now.
But for when it comes - Anyone have any good ideas on where to "start"? Ill plug it in, and turn it on of course, what Im talking about is my sightread project.

I tried looking for flash cards for intervals, but didnt find any.

Im also gonna review the lessons again, and again and again. I might even take notes! Though, then I might have to invest in a notepad... Arrff..

g c g a c d g c e e e g e
Laughs
Christian

Christian
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykaerdoe Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Hey Christian on the musictheory site <click here> you have a little application for interval training, consult the stickies here on the forum for more information, anyway this link will lead you directly to the interval trainer. good luck Smile

Last edited by Rykaerdoe on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar -_-)
Rykaerdoe
Rykaerdoe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : Studant/full-time worker ^_^
Length of time playing piano : 21/07/08
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:40 pm

I see you're both from Norway and learned how to play To Zanarkand...

Me too lol!

That was the song that made me wanna learn more, I actually started out practising it
on a toy keyboard with 3 octaves, then a year later I got my 61key keyboard...

And since last year I've been practising seriously, but earlier this year I found Andrew's videos on youtube,
because I wanted to learn a faster way to play with both hands...

After that I've studied music theory alot, scales and stuff...

Right now I've been watching Pacific Blue, and most of the soundtrack is surf music, so I've done some practising on my guitar,
it's quite sad that this music style cant be played on a piano, but sometimes different genres need different instruments.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Can you play To Zanarkand on a 61key? It uses almost all 88! Surprised

I found To Zanarkand to be a great help to playing different things with both hands.

Still no piano, Im getting a 88key. Looks like next week is it. Wohooo!

Christian
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:53 pm

VictorCS wrote:
Right now I've been watching Pacific Blue, and most of the soundtrack is surf music, so I've done some practising on my guitar,
it's quite sad that this music style cant be played on a piano, but sometimes different genres need different instruments.

Well, its possible to play it on Piano Smile Different sound, but the feel can be created if you are good. Lots and lots of guitarmusic is welltransfered to piano by great musicians. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:20 pm

It goes over about 6 octaves... So I have a few deep keys I cant play on the 61key, 5 octave, but that's just a very few.
So yes, I think I'll maybe got an recording on my computer, but I never uploaded it here because I never got it right.... Neutral

Let see if I can find it Smile

My keyboard is broken, so I'm waitin on my 88key digital piano 1 and a half month left Cool

Thomandy: Yes, everything can be playd on any instrument, but it's not the same, especially for some genres ( like trance for example ), it's all about the sound, you cant even get this surf sound with any guitar, even if you know all the technical stuff... Even my brothers guitar wont actually make that surf sound... I know it sounds stupid, since you dont need a special grand piano for songs written for the piano.... But it's all about the waves...

You dont make african music with an ordinary drumset even if you can play the beat right ^_^
VictorCS
VictorCS

Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:47 pm

VictorCS wrote:
Thomandy: Yes, everything can be playd on any instrument, but it's not the same, especially for some genres ( like trance for example ), it's all about the sound, you cant even get this surf sound with any guitar, even if you know all the technical stuff... Even my brothers guitar wont actually make that surf sound... I know it sounds stupid, since you dont need a special grand piano for songs written for the piano.... But it's all about the waves...

You dont make african music with an ordinary drumset even if you can play the beat right ^_^

Yeah, you are right on that one! I guess I missunderstoud you Smile The piano makes other effects of course Smile I guess that why bands don have only keyboard, or only guitars Wink hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:05 pm

VictorCS wrote:It goes over about 6 octaves... So I have a few deep keys I cant play on the 61key, 5 octave, but that's just a very few.

Yeah,
I couldn't play a song for only 1 key more than my 5 octaves Sad ( I have a 61Keys Keyboard )
But I have to wait a year to get a Grand Piano ( Until I finish my Studies ) lol!

About the song, should I Play it without this key or I have to forget it for a Year Sleep ??!
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Depends on how much you wanna learn it, keys are actually very easy to add in if if you over look one for example... Just a bit of practicing...
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:53 am

Amro wrote:
VictorCS wrote:It goes over about 6 octaves... So I have a few deep keys I cant play on the 61key, 5 octave, but that's just a very few.

Yeah,
I couldn't play a song for only 1 key more than my 5 octaves Sad ( I have a 61Keys Keyboard )
But I have to wait a year to get a Grand Piano ( Until I finish my Studies ) lol!

About the song, should I Play it without this key or I have to forget it for a Year Sleep ??!

I had to do that to one piece before I got my piano. I just added a key, that doesnt sound bad, and play with that. It was really easy to "undo" when I got my piano Smile It was in Victors pianosolo actually
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 am

Yeah,
Actually I Love This Piece alot .. ( I'm Dying to play it )
I'll Replace the B note & Play the C ... haha ...

I Hope that this will not be noticeable Shocked
I'll Undo it after a Year Razz If I Remebered Razz

I'm having an answer for every Problem I Face .. ( It's a GREAT forum Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven )
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Or you skip the note.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm

VictorCS wrote:Or you skip the note.

Yeah !!
I Missed this ..

This is the Best thing to Do Very Happy .

Thanks Like a Star @ heaven
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down