Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital Piano suggestions needed!

5 posters

Go down

Digital Piano suggestions needed! Empty Digital Piano suggestions needed!

Post by Luna Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:16 am

You guys are probably sick of this... but I can't decide which digital piano to buy. There are SO many out there. I've tried quite a few in nearby stores, but I simply can't decide. I have already wasted a lot of gas running around to the local stores, and the place with the best selection is about 35+ miles away. I may end up ordering from Musician's Friend (the website), but I still want to be able to play the piano first, or at the very least, read excellent reviews on it & be able to return it if I don't feel it suits my taste.

Anywho, I am looking in the price range of $500-$700 at most. I just can't afford more than that unless I wait awhile longer and save up. I am too anxious to have something other than my cheapie little Casio LK-43. I want the weighted keys (with touch sensitivity), not to mention the full 88 keys. A USB port or SD card slot is preferable, but I don't need billions of "voices" or lots of fancy junk right now. I just want something that is more like a piano without the cost & upkeep. I really love the feel of Rolands & Kerzweils, but they are pretty expensive (though I have seen some nice used ones nearby). So I guess I'll end up having to go with Yamaha? I'm leary of the Casios just b/c they all seem to be inexpensive... thus... "cheap"? Anyway, I can't decide amongst all the models.... argh! affraid HELP!

Luna

Number of posts : 4
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Digital Piano suggestions needed! Empty Re: Digital Piano suggestions needed!

Post by Thomandy Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:30 am

Go for a Yamaha. Thats my advice. And buy the one you can afford. I got myselfe a Yamaha 240 CLP, but that is 2500$. But if you got 700$ that is enough to get a fairly good Digital piano! I would just go for it. But tha Yamaha, that you can get for 700, kaboom, you got yourselfe a Piano!! Done deal. If you arnt satisfied, the you probably wont be in that pricerange, then deliver it back and save up! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:19 pm

I second Thomandy on that. I own two Yamaha, one upright and a digital... The digital one is a CP-33, it has the best digital piano sound that I've ever tried... it's small. affordable and really portable, but doesn't has speakers...

It's about you, go to a music store and try them out, the one you like the best (key action and sound wise) it's probably the best for you. We all have different tastes, right? ^^;

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 42
Job/hobbies : Master in Electronic Engineer - getting a Doctor degree / Play piano
Length of time playing piano : I don't really know. I've been on and off constantly, but quite a few years for sure!
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.esnips.com/user/sepheron

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:06 pm

There are several decent DP's within your price range...

I'd personally recommend:

Casio px200
Casio px320

Yamaha P85
Yamaha P120

Yamaha P140 [a bit out of your range]

None of them is as pretty as the CP-33 or CLP 240 Smile, but they have impressive piano sounds and action.
You could do a google search on all of them.

I own a Casio px320. It has 128-note polyphony, TWO line-out jacks, Midi in/Out and decent piano sounds. For its price, it's an excellent buy.

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 122
Job/hobbies : Student/Gaming, Piano, Programming
Length of time playing piano : Since Feb. 08
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:20 pm

You can get a M-Audio ProKeys 88 for 750USD,
that's the digital piano I'm heading for....

ProKeys 88
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down