Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My goals in piano

2 posters

Go down

My goals in piano Empty My goals in piano

Post by Rickard Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:56 pm

I've been on this forum for a few months now but I haven't really introduced myself yet, so here it is:
I started playing piano when I was 16 and I'm 18 now. So I've been playing piano for almost two years but I too breaks during this time because I gave up a few times. I hope things get better once I get a teacher. The main reasons why I've given up a few times was the lack of motivation caused by not knowing which way of learning is right (and doing things the wrong way because of it), lack of goals and also becuase of too much schoolstuff like tests and homework. However I'm not going to give up anymore.
I feel it's too late to become a concert pianist and besides I don't really want to but I do want to be able to play very difficult pieces. One of my favourite classical pieces is Revolutionary Etude and I want to learn it someday. I love classical and I also love video game music. Most video game music however hasn't got sheet music for it (or it's hard to find at least) which leads to another goal: being able to play by ear. I would love to be able to listen to some music and write it down on sheet music. Eventhough I mostly will focus on classical and video game music I also want to be good at playing other styles like jazz, blues and rock. I also want to be able to improvise well.
Another of my big goals is to be able to compose really well. I also want to be really good at sight reading.

So in summary here are my main goals:
- Be able to play very difficult pieces well and be able to play most styles well.
- Be able to play by ear well by having very good relative pitch and maybe even absolute pitch (if it can be learnt).
- Be able to improvise well.
- Compose really well.
- I want to be great at sight reading, music theory etc.

Rickard
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 146
Guru Points : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

My goals in piano Empty Re: My goals in piano

Post by 1748 Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:20 am

iam 27 to 28 age
you still young..and when you are young learn what you wanna to leard as much as you can
if you said wanted bla bla bla that ten years you can GOAL it
so when you are in 10 years latter sama age with me you will be great pianist and iam 38 ahaahah
then we will meet again in ten years then ahhahaha
just remember slowly...repeat...patient....never give up...we will meet again in 10 years hahahah

Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Daniel ASIA INDONESIA
Length of time playing piano : augst 2009
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down