Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I started and how I became interested

Go down

How I started and how I became interested Empty How I started and how I became interested

Post by Braingasim Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi all.
I am the new guy here. I figured I would make my first post here since this is one topic I know very well.

My love for the piano kinda came unexpectedly back in the late 80's. I was in High School, doing what we all have done when we all were there. Being that it was the late 80's, computers were starting to pick up on popularity and I had me a Commodore 64 (Woohoo). I would get with friends and we would trade games and play them. Well shortly after I found a program simply called "Midi-Player". I was able to pick a song from the list and when it played, a keyboard display on the screen would light up the key as it played. My favorite was Axel-F and I was able to play both parts. I also played some Bach with help from that program.
Since then, as computers improved, that program kinda fell into the dust and online video games took over.
I won’t forget though how much fun I had. I kinda feel bad that those days have passed and always wanted to re-learn the piano and I feel that Andrew's method would be awesome (as long as I can be motivated enough and not too distracted).
A lot of people would cringe when I say this but I originally learned on a Yamaha PSS-270 synthesizer.
Braingasim
Braingasim

Male Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : University of South Florida, computer support.
Length of time playing piano : Off and on for 20+ years (mid 80's)
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down