Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Music

2 posters

Go down

Video Game Music Empty Video Game Music

Post by Stride Piano Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:43 pm

I didn't see a topic on this and wanted to bring it up.

Does anybody else out enjoy video game music as much as I do. My favorite music is from the Mario series and Banjo-kazooie. I love the music of Koji Kondo, who composed the music for most of the early mario games. My favorite music is from Super Mario 64 and other mario games because I the jazz elements found in Koji Kondo's compositions. Here's my favorite video on youtube of Hop Hop Donut Lifts from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

What are your guys' favorite video game tunes?
Stride Piano
Stride Piano
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 6
Length of time playing piano : Since Christmas 2009
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Video Game Music Empty Re: Video Game Music

Post by Kweiko Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Mario bros music is epic! (look at this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vin9sapwkRU) But to be honest, in my opinions, recent games don't focus that much on music, as long as it fits and sound ok it's used. At least that's how it feels for me, so I don't fave many game tunes, and right now I can't think of any :S frankly this is freaky! Where did the musical art go? Razz

Kweiko

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stride Piano Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 am

Yeah, I know what you mean about video games nowadays Neutral BTW, I have seen that video you linked and that guy is really cool! (I've only been playing for a month now so I am so jealous Laughing ) However I do think that the music in the Halo series is excellent and really matches the moods and emotions of the games. Also I've never personally played New Super Mario Bros. for the DS, but I love the music- very jazzy. I've never played the Final Fantasy 6, but I love the Spinach Rag. Very well done ragtime piece. Check out these two videos:

New Super Mario Bros. Overworld Theme

Spinach Rag
Stride Piano
Stride Piano
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 6
Length of time playing piano : Since Christmas 2009
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kweiko Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Isn't he? Very Happy
Well you shouldn't be jealous, you don't know, maybe you're better than he was during his first months. Razz
Personally, there have almost allways been a keyboard at home, so I don't know when I "started" playing. I could play with one hand until... three, four years ago when my piano skills would decide my final grade for the arts class, then I sat down and learned "Don't speak" by Gwen Stephanie (?) with both hands. After that, I've had time to polish my piano skills only during one summer, but I've tried to learn new tunes every now and then (since I play by ear it's difficult to learn a whole piece, everything I play is like half completed Razz). So I'm still kind of a beginner Razz

Wow I youtubed Halo music, and I really like it Very Happy you can listen to the music alone without getting annoyed (as opposed to many games where I simply mute the sound). Halo has been on my to buy-list like forever, but lately I don't enjoy playing as much as I did before (unfortunately). Maybe it's time to get back on tracks.

The new super mario bros. music sounds awesome (as expected) Wink what I didn't expect was FF to have such music style o.O I'm not really a big fan of FF, but all the "FF-propaganda" is about high resulotion machinima and heavy rollplaying and stuff. Frankly, this particular tune wasn't very impressive to me, it sounded as though other instruments were missing and incomplete (lol obviously in the vid you posted, other instruments WERE missing, but I youtubed the original too Razz). As a whole it was... ok. Maybe a little more flow and low-sounded instruments or a stronger drum sound... maybe. Razz

Kweiko

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down