Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our music story...

3 posters

Go down

our music story... Empty our music story...

Post by aendym Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:07 am

Hi everybody...

Here's my story:

My name is Andria, 28. Born in Frankfurt Germany but moved shortly after to the US (Daddy was a US-Soldier). Til I was 7 we had moved all over the country. Then my parents got divorced and my Mom had the fantastic idea to take us kids and run. So we went back to Germany, in a small town in Bavaria where my Mom grew up.

I hated it! I knew nobody at all. I couldn't speak the language and hated going to school.

Until one day my music teacher must have noticed that I am a bit talented in the music department (I played the flute). So he asked me if I would like to learn the Saxophone and play in a band. He also asked another girl in my class to play the Clarinett - her name was Rebecca and I couldn't stand her. But the Sax was such a cool instrument so I said yes.

After 10 years of playing in that band, going on trips, practicing like crazy and getting to know so many people, Rebecca and I grew together and now she is the best friend one can think of. We would get together, compose music and sit on the street and play a duett of sax and clarinett - even get a German Mark or two - and had a fantastic time!

As always growing up brings one apart again and we moved to different parts of Germany, studying, working and trying to become important people. We weren't in the band anymore and had little time playing our instruments. All we had were the memories we would allways bring up and talk about when we were on the phone together.

Now, another 10 years have passed - I have moved all over Germany and am at a total of 18 different places to live so far - and we finally live in the same city again, and every now and then we get out our instruments and try to play our self-composed songs from back then - of course now they sound like crap - we were only 10 years old then =) But we always get a good laugh out of it.

Rebecca has little time for playing her Clarinette, but I am really into learning a new instrument. And guess what? My new e-piano was delivered YESTERDAY!!!! So now I am getting ready to learn whatever I can on this amazing instrument (with a little help from Andrew of course! =) And hopefully hopefully in a few years I will be good enough to convince Rebecca to get her old Clarinette out and play another duett with me - this time one that even sounds good!!! =)

Andria
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 208
Job/hobbies : Teacher - other than that painting, drawing and being creative
Length of time playing piano : August 2009
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

our music story... Empty Re: our music story...

Post by Klavier Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 am

Great story! I'm sure you'll thrive at learning piano, you certainly sound like the right kind of person for progressing far and quickly. Very Happy
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Smile man that was an awesome story! It sounds like it could've been a novel. great job! I'm excited for you guys and your duet!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by aendym Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Im excited too! I can already play the first 6 lines of canon in D hahahaha.... I know its way too difficult and I probably wont get any further than that at this point, and I should rather try myself on Jingle Bells and stuff like that... but it sounds so nice!!!
I think that is the interesting part about playing an instrument... you cant give up until you got it right and then the result is fabulous (or at least it should be!!) And I cant wait for that point to come, when I can gather my family around my piano and play Canon in D and everybody is stunned that I can do it!!! And I cant wait to see the look on Rebeccas face!!! hahaha
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 208
Job/hobbies : Teacher - other than that painting, drawing and being creative
Length of time playing piano : August 2009
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down