Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post here If you consider me your teacher!

+108
Amay
Kelly
sadio
ionas
Cricket
Caius
Kinatic
ZoologyGirl
Pianoted
posy
sridhar
PianoVic
Casioc180
sergeman
umefurisode
cheesesandwitchs
Zommbie Rabbit
Phenyxx
rubbersoul
ROBIN
cindyl57
learningpiano80
sunburst
pashn4chrst
Tina
panrixx
Lioness
sourstripe
aendym
jasongosen
snslvnv
MusicLover
smallmei
frank
Lanxil
Odeken
themanwhowas
:.Smiley.:
pathetic_pianist
Gidget
wongb18c
Klavier
ForestG
Natalia
MysteriousGgirl
klixonnylle
&#9835&#9834I
Ady
daany
jnettle1
munkuminx
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Terra
BruceC
django
Doug
lunazul
mia
d.chimeraan
poper
smurf88
diego_mendez_c
Angelique
mattsplace71854
John24
porcupine2
kkbbccgg
Osiris1974
Loiseylulu
SeanL44
leonard
Catherine
JohnA
Storm1822
4my2girls
zihanah
Amro
Fryderyk
acamyy
Sammie2499
Pianokid220
daniel_isaac
harmony
==SâVânnâH>>
Sweet Black Rose
kwesifriends
VictorCS
Dr.Avery
Depo007
Marnex
moonlight21
Shouji
Biko
Orange
Adelbert0923
Phi
zeroflash
CripKilla
Thomandy
ktruong77
dickie_29
g0tfish
maggiekedves
Cynthia
draw_de
Furelisa
Admin Andrew
112 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 Empty Re: Post here If you consider me your teacher!

Post by Tina Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Hello!

Well, my name is obvious... I'm 19, going on 20 and I'm coming from the capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana. Just to picture it - I live about 3 hours away from Venice. I played some synthesiser when I was little, but only by myself, because I really wanted to go to music school, but then something in my family went wrong, an illness came... Well, I never did go to music school.

I know the keys from the ordinary school, and I'm trying to learn the piano now Smile I just graduated from high school with very good grades and I enrolled in the university, so my grandfather was really proud of me and bough me a piano Very Happy Clavinova CLP330. I'm super thrilled and playing every day. I learned Für Elise (the first part), and now I'm learning Little Serenade from Haydn.
I will be living at home during the uni, so I will be able to play, but mostly in the mornings and evenings. That's why I'm taking advantage of holidays now, the classes start in October.

I found you on youtube, of course, and plenty of your students too! I can't wait I'm good enough to post a video somewhere and get reviews!

So, I cosider you my teacher Smile You're a really good teacher, you know that, you speak really clearly and understand beginners. You give me hope, that one day I might play some more difficult pieces!
Tina
Tina

Female Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : a student!
Length of time playing piano : couple of months
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 Empty Re: Post here If you consider me your teacher!

Post by pashn4chrst Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:58 am

Yes I consider you my teacher. I'm so happy that you teach online for free no less! But as soon as my husband gets back to work I will still be getting some real life lessons! And probably a baby grand, lol, maybe. He owes me a mother's ring, but I think I will take a piano instead, lol. And ofcourse I will still be checking in with your site as well. But from the way it looks....I will be using your site for a while right now!
pashn4chrst
pashn4chrst

Female Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : playing music/writing songs/spending time with family and friends
Length of time playing piano : all my life but not very good, haven't really practiced that much until here recently
Registration date : 2009-08-25

https://www.facebook.com/pashn4chrst

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburst Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:52 pm

hi andrew, Razz
i'm a newbie here...and it would be my pleasure having u as a teacher...i'm 17 years old from the philippines and i'm so greatful for finding your videos in youtube...it helps me a lot...seriously...
I already took a piano lesson when i'm still in gradeschool, but then i've stopped after a year because my parents wanted me to focused on my studies first...it's really a long time ago so i already forgot how to play (even the basics)... lol!
but now...no one can stop me...lol...i really really want to play piano so badly. After watching your videos, my desires had awaken once more...i love music to be exact...and i also want to try new things that i think can help me discover and build up the better me...
i want to do something that would be fun working with...something that would not feel like a burden to put your time and effort...something like this...^^
that's why i'm so thankful of you and your passion on playing the piano...it's so nice of you for exerting so much time to let others discover their own potential and giving opportunities such as these... Razz
Making videos, sites and updating every now and then requires so much work, but then it feels like your not being bothered at all...it seems like your having fun at the same time; feels like you enjoy sharing the hapiness and beauty in playing the piano...and that's why i appreciate your effort a lot and i know many people who encounter your works feel the same way too...
you really inspired me to work harder... cheers

sunburst
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by learningpiano80 Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:32 am

Hi Andrew,

Firstly, Thank you very much for your online lessons!

I'm 29,5 yrs old and I work on a German University as Research Follow in computer science.

I always wanted to play piano and one day I told me:"Why not start NOW?". So, I started, tried 2 weeks on dad's Technix KN800 keyboard (which was VERY unsatisfiying) and bought me the cheapest good digital piano available (casio px120). So, I keep progressing and I practice almost every minute I'm at home. So on weekends it's possible to be 5h+, on workdays it's about 2h+.

Playing now for 129 days = less than 4,5 month.

I've got a blog in which I explain some of my experiences with learning piano. Feel free to have a look Smile

http://learningpiano.wordpress.com

Cya! Smile
Thomas

learningpiano80
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Computer Science
Length of time playing piano : started May 2009
Registration date : 2009-09-21

http://learningpiano.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 Empty Thank You

Post by cindyl57 Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Thank you so much for giving so much of your time away for free...I am just a piano player wanna be, and I was 49 when I got the gift of my dreams...A piano...a digital piano to be exact...and then I bought a book...and I started pounding away...I have taught myself a little, but not enough....So any way, I stumbled across you on You Tube...And Thank you for that...I just finished lesson 5. And most of what you have taught me so far, I really knew from the book, but you explain it. I have to interpret the book and don't really know if I was doing that right...You explain it all so well.

Now a question...You keep talking about Flash Cards....Well I am sure I could buy them, but I am a more make them my self type of person...but I thought there might be a template or website you could download them from...

Thanks again.

cindyl57
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:20 pm

hi cindy and welcome to forum ...here is a link for some free flashcards and other things http://linkwaregraphics.com/music/flashcards/notes/

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rubbersoul Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:47 am

hey andrew... i really enjoy your lessons! I love your lessons too!!! haha! I mean you had really teached me how to fish it, and i could continue playing for life! I love the idea of your philosophy! Thank you Andrew and everyone in this forum! You deserved the medal for this!
rubbersoul
rubbersoul

Male Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : guitar, music... piano(getting started ^^)
Length of time playing piano : two month (July 2009)
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Phenyxx Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi everyone, May true name is Patrick, I'm from Quebec Canada, I played piano for only a week and I consider Andrew my teacher for sure!

Phenyxx
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zommbie Rabbit Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:14 am

Hi Zommbie Rabbit here. "Steve" been play for a whole two days. found these lessons on You Tube. Very inpressed

Zommbie Rabbit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 Empty cool piano skills

Post by cheesesandwitchs Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 am

hey Andrew my name is Rossco i live in Timaru New Zealand and i am 28 i have been learning the piano for a few yeas now and would say that you {and the rest of the guy's and girls here } are my teacher . Watched all your lessons they are GREAT !!!!!!!! I have started recording vid's of my performances and up loading them hope you enjoy them Smile
cheesesandwitchs
cheesesandwitchs
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 36
Job/hobbies : engineer/piano/motorbikes/golf/gardening
Length of time playing piano : 2 years on-off
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://www.youtube.com/user/cheesesandwitchs

Back to top Go down

Post by umefurisode Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi, i'm Chiara From Milan, Italy, i'm 31 and i consider myself one of your students for sure! (and very proud to be one) Very Happy
i've decide to learn to learn to play piano because i love listening to music, i do this all the time whenever is possible and this instrument in particular has always fascinated me.
I'm a daydreamer and music has always the power to bring me to new and wonderful places.
So one day when i was listening to the sixth station by joe Hisaishy one of my favourite piecies, i realized that being able to express through music the feelings i was able to perceive listening woud have been great!
And so thanks to you, here i am.
Your lessons are very helpful for me, I'm following them from a little more than one month and thanks to you music theory seems more clear to me. I'd like to thank you very much for the time you spend on us.
Watching your videos is clear that you love teaching and i think one cannot define himself a teacher if he does something only because is obliged to. Teaching is not a only a job you need vocation to do it the right way.
Sadly i haven't had the opportunity to study piano before because my sister who is older than me has studied it for 3 years before quitting and so my parents decided that my request had to be refused because surely i would have done the same.....
oh well, no problem about that. I'll try to do my best now.
sorry for wasting so much of your time with this poem.

i've really appreciate your version of moonlight sonata on the website. That was the first vinyl i've scratched trying to listening to when i was 6 years old.
many greetings to you and all the members of the website.

umefurisode

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 Empty Proud to be Andrew's student!

Post by sergeman Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 am

Hello to everyone!

My name is Sergio Mendoza Hochmann and I consider myself an Andrew Furmanczyk Student, or AFS for short.

I was born in Chile, have a Mexican nationality, Ecuadorian heart, and was raised in 10 countries around the world. I started playing piano in 1991, I believe, when I was about 17 years old or so.

Cheers!

Serge
sergeman
sergeman

Job/hobbies : World studies & communication skills II teacher; songwriter, musician, jingle writer, producer, arranger
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Registration date : 2009-12-15

http://www.identidadsonica.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Casioc180 Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi! I am Kees from The Netherlands, 44 yrs old and I bought myself a (Yamaha) piano 2 months ago. I struggled through some books, some pianowebsites and I am seeing a live teacher once a week. Recently I found your video's on youtube and am really addicted to your enthousiasm and humor, ...anyway...! I do consider you as my nr1 teacher and hope you will make lots more..THANKS!

Casioc180

Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 Empty I am your student!

Post by PianoVic Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi! My name is Vic. I took lessons 25 years ago when I was 30. I want to learn again and my aim is high! I would love to become the oldest first time concert pianist! Very Happy I know this sounds impossible (and probably is) but I figure if you aim high, you'll still end up somewhere nice. Twisted Evil Today is the rebirth of me musically! lol! Wish me luck! cheers

PianoVic

Length of time playing piano : Two years - 25 years ago - Just starting again today, 3/15/2010
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sridhar Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your wonderful efforts! I love watching your videos. Of course, I consider you as my teacher. Your informal way of teaching with subtle dosage of jokes is just perfect. It keeps me glued to your video lessons. Thanks again!
sridhar
sridhar
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 14
Length of time playing piano : one year
Registration date : 2010-03-22

http://www.interviewmantra.net

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 Empty I would love to be your student

Post by posy Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi Andrew

My name is Alison I am 48 years old and have always wanted to play piano, but never learnt as a child and as the years passed on there was always so much else to do. Now as I am getting older and have a little more free time I have decided I am really going to make an effort. My son who already plays beautifully pointed me in the direction of your you tube videos and I have been watching them avidly and if I can ever play BEETHOVEN, PATHETIQUE SONATA 2ND MOV half as good as you do I will be one very happy lady.

Thank you so much for your time and videos they are very much appreciated

Kind regards
Alison
posy
posy

Female Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : Licensed Conveyancer
Length of time playing piano : Newbie
Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Hello Andrew.

I consider you my teacher and I have benefitted greatly from your inspiring lessons. My name is Theodor, I'm from Iceland but currently living in Sweden looking for work.

If you help me find a job in British Columbia I'll move there and become your student for real (paying student!) I'm kidding, but to every joke there is a serious side. Smile

Your lessons are undoubtedly worth every cent. I've heard there are many Icelanders in Canada.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoologyGirl Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi Andrew.

Thank you for your great videos! My name is Heather, and I consider you my piano teacher (I feel like I am at an AA meeting for piano addicts Laughing ). I'm in my mid 20's and I hail from Wisconsin, land of zebra and panda bears...at the zoo that is. It was your first video in the series that inspired me to really learn to play piano. I had always thought I'd never be able to learn, but your videos and the people on this forum are truly wonderful! I have only been playing about 20 days and I can already see great progress.

I also have a funny story to share. I was tired of straining to hear the videos over my laptop speakers (my internal speakers are not very loud to begin with), so I hooked up my laptop to my external speakers. When I pressed play my dog immediately began barking and growling at this invisible person talking in the room lol.

I have also found that my bird quite enjoys the sound of piano, and will occassionally bob her head and dance to the music!

Thanks again for the great help!
-Heather
ZoologyGirl
ZoologyGirl
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 34
Job/hobbies : Reptile caretaker. Nature lover.
Length of time playing piano : June 2010
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinatic Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:42 pm

hey my name is andrew and im from anderson and i just started to learn how to play the piano not to long ago im whanting to learn to play the piano for churches are what ever and i like andrews vidios they have helped me alot and i consider him to be my teacher

Kinatic
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 Empty yes i consider u my teacher!!!

Post by Caius Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 am

good work andrew keep it up by the way my name is Lawrence im 20 n i live n Los Angeles. i do have a question tho andrew do u noe any techniques 4 practing 2 play piano with both hands? really appreciate it thank u!!!

Caius
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Cricket Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:53 pm

[quote="posy"]Hi Andrew

My name is Alison I am 48 years old and have always wanted to play piano, but never learnt as a child and as the years passed on there was always so much else to do. Now as I am getting older and have a little more free time I have decided I am really going to make an effort. My son who already plays beautifully pointed me in the direction of your you tube videos and I have been watching them avidly and if I can ever play BEETHOVEN, PATHETIQUE SONATA 2ND MOV half as good as you do I will be one very happy lady.

Thank you so much for your time and videos they are very much appreciated

Kind regards
Alison[/quote]

I'm Cricket and the above post says it better than I can. I always wanted to learn piano since I was a very small child. My parents couldn't afford a piano or lessons for me, so I vowed that someday I would learn to play...no matter how old I was or how long it would take me to learn. I did have lessons for about one year...developed carpal tunnel, and then my teacher moved away.

Andrew, I definitely consider you my teacher!! I've learned more from you in the first three lessons than I did during my year of private lessons. Thank you so much!

Cricket

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ionas Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Hello,

you are my one and only teacher :-)... for now. For a few bucks I got an old Midi-Masterkeyboard (using it with a Macbook and something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kFr4qFmdY4&fmt=18 ) 2 month ago after seeing your (Lypur) and Torley's (he's fun too) channels on youtube, considering to learn the piano for playing and composing. My info:
Name: Jonas
Current Location: Germany
Did Web Applications/Design, Studying social science currently trying to fix my diploma thesis...

I love (classical piano) music like...Philip Glass, Michael Riesman, Max Richter, Scriabin, Sibelius, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, and like to get into levels where I can play at least one piece, probably a simple Glass one (that should be doable soon, hopefully).

Thank you so much!

ionas
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : Student / Web-Dev
Length of time playing piano : Since mid 2010
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by sadio Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Hello ! i consider you my teacher. 1 week now i'm stucked at the lesson 7 of music theory. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND IT Sad .

sadio

Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:24 pm

I don't only consider you as my teacher, I also am proud of it. I used to blame myself for not having piano lessons earlier, but I don't anymore, 'cause I guess you were supposed to be the one, so waiting was very worthwhile; your lessons and your humbleness have made a difference in my life. Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 7 1899483uze64yi3ez
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

Post by Amay Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Andrew,

I'm from Australia, and my name is Amay and I'm 21 years old, and I'm a N00b when it comes to playing the piano. I'm currently enjoying watching Andrew's videos on youtube. I would just like to thank him for taking the time. I've been meaning to get piano lessons but unfortunately they are really expensive and I don't really come from a rich family so I can't afford piano lessons at the moment. I'm a difficult situation at the moment both my parents are low income earners and I'm struggling to find a job here. Oh I consider you as my teacher.

Amay

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next