Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 26 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Jason Scott Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:07 am

I saw the vid , i liked it , I thought it was clean and ended well! Makes me want to try and compose, but i never try to bounce but ya post more for us ^^!
Jason Scott
Jason Scott
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : ??? dranking , smoking. Listening to Music.
Length of time playing piano : 2 years almost =D, check out my space!
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/jasonscottpiano

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 26 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by ROBIN Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:05 pm

thanx Thomas for tht bit of advice about horse gallop ..it is a gd way to describe Smile i am at app 50 bpm atm smoothish but not sure of average speed should be at ,as i have heard it fast and slow and both sound gd ,my aim is for 2345bpm but i shall except 67bpm Smile or there abouts

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Jason Scott wrote:I saw the vid , i liked it , I thought it was clean and ended well! Makes me want to try and compose, but i never try to bounce but ya post more for us ^^!

Thanks Smile Nice to hear Smile
Im working on my Biggest Composition atm, and I love it, just need to get the C section done Smile
Im not rushing it, so It comes when it comes Smile

ROBIN wrote:thanx Thomas for tht bit of advice about horse gallop ..it is a gd way to describe Smile i am at app 50 bpm atm smoothish but not sure of average speed should be at ,as i have heard it fast and slow and both sound gd ,my aim is for 2345bpm but i shall except 67bpm Smile or there abouts

Yeah Smile Well, you should play it like you feel fits your way best Smile Its all about interpretation and making music. The BPM shouldnt be the biggest worrie atm^^ Practice like you do now, and feel the music and at the same time, push the metronome slowly, and not forgetting that it should be music your are creating and not speed! Smile It seams like you are doing great Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:44 am

Hello. My review:

At first, with your other prelude in E minor, I didn't get how you understand the concept of 'prelude'. In the baroque/classical era, they were introduction piece. In the romantic era, they were short pieces with a single theme not developed usually wrote in sets.
Well, this time you got it right: a simple theme.
For the piece itself, I feel like it's more a 'mood' kinda piece so the lenght was ok. Overall, I think the bass could have been a little more lively, or a little bit faster. Like Broken chords. As for the melody, I liked it. Easy listenning. So yeah Very Happy
Good job and keep it up! Wink
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Well Thomas i clicked to see your nocturne in f#minor ...WOW ...lovely piece ..hope you dont mind me saying ..but it reminded me of a sort of mafia film soundtrack feel to it like a sad part but very serious ,and in my opinion thts very gd ..loved it Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:19 pm

CripKilla wrote:Hello. My review:

At first, with your other prelude in E minor, I didn't get how you understand the concept of 'prelude'. In the baroque/classical era, they were introduction piece. In the romantic era, they were short pieces with a single theme not developed usually wrote in sets.
Well, this time you got it right: a simple theme.
For the piece itself, I feel like it's more a 'mood' kinda piece so the lenght was ok. Overall, I think the bass could have been a little more lively, or a little bit faster. Like Broken chords. As for the melody, I liked it. Easy listenning. So yeah Very Happy
Good job and keep it up! Wink

Ah, well I did get it right last time as well though Smile
Is there only One simple theme in this Prelude?^^

Thanks Smile Well, I wouldnt break up the chords for it, broken chords creates different feelings and sat in contrast to the melody ect I didnt want that Smile I always choose based one what I want to create Smile Like mora bass, faster or lively left hand creates different things than what this piece is intended for right, and then it would become a whole different piece all together Smile You see, I talked to this concert pianist 2 days agao, and he said that this was one the most beautiful preludes, in its style, written since Chopins Prelude Op 28 No 7 Smile So Im quite satiesfied and I would never want to change it Smile

Im glad you like it!^^ Just getting my newst comp together, been working on and of on that one for a long time now, and Im not rushing it, its a more complex piece than this one, and might seam like an overall better composition, I hope! Smile hehe - looking forward to your thoughts on that one, when I get it done^^

ROBIN wrote:Well Thomas i clicked to see your nocturne in f#minor ...WOW ...lovely piece ..hope you dont mind me saying ..but it reminded me of a sort of mafia film soundtrack feel to it like a sad part but very serious ,and in my opinion thts very gd ..loved it Smile
^

Ah, I see Smile Well, what I usually say is that what the listener Wants to hear is what Is Correct for That unique listener^^ So I dont mind you saying it at all, its nice to hear all the different assosiations people have to it Smile
This one musiclover I have contact with online said she pictured:

"when I listened without viewing, I had more a sense of wistful lament than eerie mystery. In fact I envisioned an aged dancer looking at an abandoned ballroom with poignant memories of a happy past."

So Its all about what you feel of the piece, and Im very glad you liked it Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:36 am

yeah i thought you wouldnt mind ..as people have different concepts on music ..just goes to prove your music must be interesting enough to evoke different emotions in others instead of just listening to a flat melody Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:33 am

CripKilla wrote:...In the romantic era, they were short pieces with a single theme not developed usually wrote in sets. Well, this time you got it right: a simple theme. For the piece itself, I feel like it's more a 'mood' kinda piece so the lenght was ok...

I found this on Wiki:

A prelude (...) is a short piece of music, the form of which may vary from piece to piece. While, during the Baroque Age, for example, it may have served as an introduction to succeeding movements of a work that were usually longer and more complex, it may also have been a stand alone piece of work during the Romantic Era. It generally features a small number of rhythmic and melodic motifs that recur through the piece.

Also I know that its sort of Improvisational in its style, I think I also read that on Wiki, so the Prelude is actually a very Free Form sort if in the Romantic Style Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by theWarden Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:54 am

ROBIN wrote:Well Thomas i clicked to see your nocturne in f#minor ...WOW ...lovely piece ..hope you dont mind me saying ..but it reminded me of a sort of mafia film soundtrack feel to it like a sad part but very serious ,and in my opinion thts very gd ..loved it Smile

just saw that
very impressive, i have to agree
i wish i could play like that Crying or Very sad

i think you should try an erik satie piece Very Happy
theWarden
theWarden
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Music, Books, Girls, Paintball
Length of time playing piano : 1 month
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Thomandy wrote:
CripKilla wrote:...In the romantic era, they were short pieces with a single theme not developed usually wrote in sets. Well, this time you got it right: a simple theme. For the piece itself, I feel like it's more a 'mood' kinda piece so the lenght was ok...

I found this on Wiki:

A prelude (...) is a short piece of music, the form of which may vary from piece to piece. While, during the Baroque Age, for example, it may have served as an introduction to succeeding movements of a work that were usually longer and more complex, it may also have been a stand alone piece of work during the Romantic Era. It generally features a small number of rhythmic and melodic motifs that recur through the piece.

Also I know that its sort of Improvisational in its style, I think I also read that on Wiki, so the Prelude is actually a very Free Form sort if in the Romantic Style Smile

Yep. But my point was just not to call a piece a prelude just for calling it. What a Face
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:54 am

CripKilla wrote:Yep. But my point was just not to call a piece a prelude just for calling it. What a Face

But I dont do that!!! Smile I have Allways spend a deacent amount of hours, studying the genra and theory about the Type of piece im a about to write. Or at least, read what makes the piece what it is! None of my classical compositions are based on convincidcences!^^
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:30 am

That's good that you spend time on your musical composition, Thomandy. They're awsome!
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Marnex wrote:That's good that you spend time on your musical composition, Thomandy. They're awsome!

Thank you Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:42 pm

A Improvisation I did during a Live Show at BlogTV! Smile

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 pm

theWarden wrote:

just saw that
very impressive, i have to agree
i wish i could play like that Crying or Very sad

i think you should try an erik satie piece Very Happy

Thanks Smile Well, I have heard a couple Erik Satie, and Im not sure yet if Im a big fan of his music Smile
But, might happen one day Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:55 am

very nice imp ..thomas , another little gem ,very tender piece easy listening and flowing ..hope you dont mind me saying ,but it could be another movie soundtrack powerful but subtle and gentle so take as a compliment please Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:49 pm

ROBIN wrote:very nice imp ..thomas , another little gem ,very tender piece easy listening and flowing ..hope you dont mind me saying ,but it could be another movie soundtrack powerful but subtle and gentle so take as a compliment please Smile

Thanks Smile

Why would I take a Great compliment like that an insult? Wink hehe - Im note sure where im going musically.
I think, my dream would be to be able do both compose classical music and IF I ever could compose something for a film, that would be out of this world Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:45 pm

at the rate of your progress and hard work it should be very achievable for you , :)just imagine your capabilities in 1 or 2 years time ,also very few people are but i think you are a natural for this instrument ,your learning process will just accelerate so go for it and remember "you can take a horse to water ,but you cant make it play piano " Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:10 pm

ROBIN wrote:at the rate of your progress and hard work it should be very achievable for you , :)just imagine your capabilities in 1 or 2 years time ,also very few people are but i think you are a natural for this instrument ,your learning process will just accelerate so go for it and remember "you can take a horse to water ,but you cant make it play piano " Smile

Very nice of you to say so Smile Thanks^^
Gave me a little motivation as we speak, so Ill do a PianoPractice-Session now Wink

Love your quote Smile Ill try to remember that one Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Great News, at least for me Smile hehe

Im going to the studio next week Smile Im gona record my Waltz in Bb minor and It will be played on this radio-station called: Radio Randsfjord And I will be interviewed as well Smile And then Im going to look for a publisher as well! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:24 pm

BIG GRATZZ thomas i hope all goes well for you ,,and that you get some recognition for all your hard work ..but it is all mainly great experience for you ( i have been in studios and had a track played on radio while drumming) a gd while ago so i know there is a lot more for you to learn which will probably come natural to you , and the excitement you must be feeling right now so i wish you a fantastic experience youve earned it ..Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm

ROBIN wrote:BIG GRATZZ thomas i hope all goes well for you ,,and that you get some recognition for all your hard work ..but it is all mainly great experience for you ( i have been in studios and had a track played on radio while drumming) a gd while ago so i know there is a lot more for you to learn which will probably come natural to you , and the excitement you must be feeling right now so i wish you a fantastic experience youve earned it ..Smile

Thaanks Smile Smile
Ah, so you have that experience as well!! Awesome Smile
Yeah, Its a lot of fun Smile Andrew have actually heard the Waltz and he said it was my best so far, and I do agree Smile I put a lot of thought into this one, and a lot of work Smile So to get it played on radio is going to be a lot of fun Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Circle_of_Fists Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Congrats, Thomas!
Circle_of_Fists
Circle_of_Fists
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 292
Job/hobbies : I needed a new hobby so piano it is!
Length of time playing piano : since June 09
Guru Points : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:28 pm

love to hear your waltz when you get a chance from your busy schedule:) you could put it on forum for us all to hear Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Circle_of_Fists wrote:Congrats, Thomas!

Thanks Smile

ROBIN wrote:love to hear your waltz when you get a chance from your busy schedule:) you could put it on forum for us all to hear Smile

The only reason its not out is cause its not published, but Ill try to publish it soon, and then I will post a video with the Studio Quality Audio of the Waltz Smile Im not busy at all really Razz hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next