Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What songs are you currently learning?

+82
Matthieu Stepec
jis
Kjetil
jaquadro
Ermijo
pathetic_pianist
Circle_of_Fists
sourstripe
aendym
Klavier
ROBIN
Lanxil
theWarden
klixonnylle
frank
juniorandrew xD
JoshQ
goodell
MLundegaard
surehit123
PianoFreak251
Kentz
no2man
Llexix
Voxy Roxy
SinkingHigher
Ursula Spots
lunazul
munkuminx
Alex|Rag
Mama64
ramaral
ed_fairs
ivn
Pianokid220
d.chimeraan
dkcrooby
Aigle
arzi
Angelique
pianoless
Amro
Wolfgang8565
leonard
Biko
Rykaerdoe
karax268
Mraan
khalyd
Fryderyk
KlutzSY
JordanMacDonald
armughan
Kahlan
AirHendrix
tfull
kwesifriends
Depo007
Angela
Marnex
Sepheron
CripKilla
Adelbert0923
pianohama
Thomandy
Casyopea
LizaTRENCHCOAT
The Royal Nobody
g0tfish
asumarione
maatija
maggiekedves
VictorCS
1uc
wamaral
Jesse
joegeran
draw_de
Phobik2000
FtOrReEeSsT
Jordan
Admin Andrew
86 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What songs are you currently learning? - Page 10 Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by MLundegaard Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:13 pm

I am learning the classic piece Für Elise. In the future, when I become better in reading notes I would like to learn: Linkin Park - In the End, John Mayer - Dreaming with a broken Heart and The Fray - How to save a Life.

MLundegaard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 37
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://mlundegaard.wep.dk

Back to top Go down

What songs are you currently learning? - Page 10 Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by goodell Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:10 pm

goodell
goodell
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 50
Job/hobbies : No job currently / Soccer, weight lifting, tennis, video games, gaining useless talents....
Length of time playing piano : Since about Feb. 10, 2009
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:47 pm

goodell wrote:

Thats for sure one of the best Mario-Pieces Smile
Drags you right into a mood!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshQ Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:25 am

Right now I'm mainly working on Rachmaninoff's prelude in g minor op 25 no 10 and Mozart's sonata in C Major K545 (1st movement right now).

I'd also like to start working on Beethoven op 49 no 1 Sonata in G minor, and am waiting for some Debussy music to get here (his Deux Arabesques and Suite Burgamesque), and maybe start learning a Bach invention or two.

Along with that I'm fiddling around with Chopin's waltz in b minor and mazurka in b minor. And my teacher's planning on giving me another duet to play with one of her other students.

I like to give myself variety so I don't over-practice a piece and get bored. xD;;;

JoshQ

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by juniorandrew xD Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Well, back to the thread ^^. ATM i'm learning : He's a Pirate (Pirates of the Carribean). I'm learning the easy version, in the hard one ( for me) u've to play 3 buttons and in the easy one only 1 after the other . (Sorry for bad eng im German and only 14 years old , so im sorry ^^)

It would be nice if somebody could send me a Video of the easy version, i stuck at the 3rd line.

juniorandrew xD
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 8
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:42 am

surehit123 wrote:where'd u get the sheet music to tennessee?

Nice piece. Not too difficult, but still a bit out of range for my current capabilities. But I've ordered the sheet already from http://tinyurl.com/tennessee-sheet Smile

frank
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 211
Job/hobbies : computer programmer
Length of time playing piano : some weeks before registration date
Guru Points : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-24

http://www.frank-buss.de

Back to top Go down

Post by surehit123 Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:47 am

Its alright frank I just learned a little of it by ear. I already have a performance of it, if you want to see it its in my performance page. Very Happy
surehit123
surehit123
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 239
Job/hobbies : Student
Length of time playing piano : 7 months
Registration date : 2009-03-29

https://www.youtube.com/user/surehit123

Back to top Go down

Post by klixonnylle Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:09 am

i wanna learn salut d amour.. anyone knows how to play it??
klixonnylle
klixonnylle
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Student
Length of time playing piano : complete beginner
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Now I'm currently back practicing Elfenlied - Lilium, after I took a non-stop practice teaching myself two pieces from Twin Peaks, you can hear them in my performance topic. I practiced so much my wrists hurt badly, I was able to learn them both within 2 weeks, exactly as long as it took me to finish the show.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Bump ^_^

I dont know why but i'm stuck with that Elfen lied piece, might be because I'm wandering around from piece to piece again. I was really proud of myself when I managed to memorize those two Twin Peaks pieces within two weeks.

I got this Star Wars addiction three weeks ago, then 2 weeks ago I got this weird pop-song addiction like Timbaland - Apologize etc. Last week I got that FFX-2 theme into my head, probably the one I've spent time praticing most this week, but I got The Sims 3 a couple of days ago, and that theme is omg amazing, no official sheets out yet, but I've got the piano sheets from some of the pieces from the first the sims that actually made me fall in love with that game. I have two favorites I would love to be able to play. But I feel I have to finish atleast that FFX-2 theme and record a playing of it.

And another thing, I feel bad about not uploading videos atm, because that's so much more than just sound. Anyway, I got a bunch of cash in the bank, and i'm gonna spend them on the most populare DSLR atm, Canon 5D mkii, nowhere to be found. I just hope I can get one before november, atleast before Xmas. 1080p, 30fps, canon currently working on a 24fps fix ( no flickering lights in pal countries ), they released a full manual control last month, yey, 40mbps, whatever lense you want to use, uber depth of field.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by theWarden Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:22 am

Thomandy wrote:
goodell wrote:

Thats for sure one of the best Mario-Pieces Smile
Drags you right into a mood!! Smile

LOL
I never noticed that was such a well put together song, kinda makes me wanna pull out my N64 and play.

Kinda. Razz

I'm currently trying to learn God Save The Queen (Pretty easy, almost learned it fully), Gymnopedie No. 1 (Its a bit harder than I thought lol) and all of the beginner songs...

I heard its going to take a good couple years before I can manage to manipulate the piano exactly how I want. Somewhat discouraging, to say the least... But I HAVE to learn Moonlight Sonata, that's my goal right now, to have that kind of ability. xD
theWarden
theWarden
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Music, Books, Girls, Paintball
Length of time playing piano : 1 month
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanxil Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Aiming for Chopin Nocturne no.20
great song, not too hard (at least for non-beginners like me xD for others easy ^^)
after that probably Elfen Lied - Lilium or moonlight sonata

My big goals are:
Fantasie Impromptu
La campanella
(But I think that is going to take some time before I can even think about trying to learn those pieces xD)
Lanxil
Lanxil
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : scholar
Length of time playing piano : got my piano ^^ happy~
Guru Points : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:00 am

^Wow, Chopin Nocturne no. 20 is a really beautiful peice. I love it!
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Currently I'm learning predule BWV 846. This is the beginning:

I hope I can finish the fingering memorizing until weekend and maybe some time later I'll post a full performance.

Any criticism are welcome. Do you think I should play it a bit faster? Is the finger and hand posture ok?

frank
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:48 pm

very nice Frank .look forward to your full performance , sounds nice and even :)speed up when you feel ready .but ok for now Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 am

Thanks Robin. I'm ready to speed up Smile but I'm not sure, if it sounds good. Looks like most Youtube videos plays it faster, but I like this one more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOTW2VS4w5w

frank
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:40 am

I have seen this vid before and must admit i prefer this tempo to th faster versions but when it is played quicker it does sound a bit more complex hehe only if your trying to impress someone Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 pm

I've managed to complete a new piece. A very easy tho, from FF1, most of them are level 1. I havent play'd much lately ( blame Prototype and Anno 1404 ), and new good stuff pops up when I dont have time ^_^

I've just been listening on the radio, and twice they've play'd Britney Spears - Everytime, probably her best yet ( and "old" ). I dont like her new style, the old classics was ok, but this new stuff is just a mess. Anyway, I've just decided to learn Everytime, should be pretty easy considering it's a popsong, mostly repetition.

VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:51 pm

I started Revolutionary Etude By Chopin this weekend Smile
And Im also doing a behind the Scenes-Video, where Im filming my progress etc Smile about 5 hours in, and I have learned 5/6pages, and can play at a Slooooow speed, with some hesitation-spots still. I think Ill manage to learn the rest within 1-2hours and then its all about Practice, Interpretation etc etc Smile Wish me luck Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:41 am

Thomandy wrote:I started Revolutionary Etude By Chopin this weekend Smile
And Im also doing a behind the Scenes-Video, where Im filming my progress etc Smile about 5 hours in, and I have learned 5/6pages, and can play at a Slooooow speed, with some hesitation-spots still. I think Ill manage to learn the rest within 1-2hours and then its all about Practice, Interpretation etc etc Smile Wish me luck Smile

HOLY **** GL Smile
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:44 am

I'm currently learning Moonlight Sonata. It's so damn long, but I memorized the whole first page and half the second in two days, the left and right hand. When I learn the whole thing(Probably a few weeks), I'll learn to play it at the right tempo, smoothly, ect. So it will probably be months untill I perfect it. I wish I could post a video of me playing it.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:26 am

That is true, I need a camcorder to record my playing, its great to have a progress diary type-thing, like Thomandy has. First song I'll be learning is probably Moonlight Sonata as well, yay for Beethoven! Smile
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by aendym Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:01 am

I started out on Damien Rices "9 Crimes" cause I love the song... and next to that I am getting along with an easy version of Canon in D. Im really surprised that its been going so good so far... Surprised
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 208
Job/hobbies : Teacher - other than that painting, drawing and being creative
Length of time playing piano : August 2009
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sourstripe Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:19 am

im learning fur elise >.< for 3 days now and i can't get it because of one key.

sourstripe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 15
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:38 am

Klavier wrote:That is true, I need a camcorder to record my playing, its great to have a progress diary type-thing, like Thomandy has. First song I'll be learning is probably Moonlight Sonata as well, yay for Beethoven! Smile

That's the first song you're learning? What grade level are you?
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next