Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What songs are you currently learning?

+82
Matthieu Stepec
jis
Kjetil
jaquadro
Ermijo
pathetic_pianist
Circle_of_Fists
sourstripe
aendym
Klavier
ROBIN
Lanxil
theWarden
klixonnylle
frank
juniorandrew xD
JoshQ
goodell
MLundegaard
surehit123
PianoFreak251
Kentz
no2man
Llexix
Voxy Roxy
SinkingHigher
Ursula Spots
lunazul
munkuminx
Alex|Rag
Mama64
ramaral
ed_fairs
ivn
Pianokid220
d.chimeraan
dkcrooby
Aigle
arzi
Angelique
pianoless
Amro
Wolfgang8565
leonard
Biko
Rykaerdoe
karax268
Mraan
khalyd
Fryderyk
KlutzSY
JordanMacDonald
armughan
Kahlan
AirHendrix
tfull
kwesifriends
Depo007
Angela
Marnex
Sepheron
CripKilla
Adelbert0923
pianohama
Thomandy
Casyopea
LizaTRENCHCOAT
The Royal Nobody
g0tfish
asumarione
maatija
maggiekedves
VictorCS
1uc
wamaral
Jesse
joegeran
draw_de
Phobik2000
FtOrReEeSsT
Jordan
Admin Andrew
86 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What songs are you currently learning? Empty What songs are you currently learning?

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering what songs might you guys be learning? Or, what songs would you like to learn in the future.

I'm learning a Beethoven sonata at the moment, once it's finished I'll be making a video of it for youtube! ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

What songs are you currently learning? Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by Jordan Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:56 am

I definitely want to learn a Claude Debussy piece.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

What songs are you currently learning? Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:11 am

ahhh Debussy is quite nice, do you have a certain piece in mind? Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FtOrReEeSsT Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:07 am

Oh man, I'm learning a whole bunch of different songs right now, from classical pieces to more contemporary stuff. A couple of big ones would be Beethoven's Fur Elise (I know three quarters of it so far, though I'm hardly master at it), Bach's Prelude in C, and Pachelbel's Canon in D. I'm also trying to master Moonlight Sonata -- I have the whole thing memorized but I still can't get through it without 3-4 minor goof-ups.

There's a bunch of contemporary stuff I'm in the middle of learning as well, like Drops of Jupiter, Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand Miles (one of my favorites) and various songs from Coldplay. I should probably focus on one or two at a time and learn entire songs before I go on to other ones, but I keep running across more and more songs that I can't seem to wait to start learning. I'm like a kid in a candy store at this point! Very Happy

FtOrReEeSsT
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:15 am

FtOrReEeSsT wrote:Oh man, I'm learning a whole bunch of different songs right now, from classical pieces to more contemporary stuff. A couple of big ones would be Beethoven's Fur Elise (I know three quarters of it so far, though I'm hardly master at it), Bach's Prelude in C, and Pachelbel's Canon in D. I'm also trying to master Moonlight Sonata -- I have the whole thing memorized but I still can't get through it without 3-4 minor goof-ups.

There's a bunch of contemporary stuff I'm in the middle of learning as well, like Drops of Jupiter, Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand Miles (one of my favorites) and various songs from Coldplay. I should probably focus on one or two at a time and learn entire songs before I go on to other ones, but I keep running across more and more songs that I can't seem to wait to start learning. I'm like a kid in a candy store at this point! Very Happy

whoa, it sounds like you're taking on a lot! affraid you should post up some vids of you playing and post the links on here! I'd love to see you play!

out of all those songs which is your favorite right now?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FtOrReEeSsT Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:20 am

out of all those songs which is your favorite right now?

Uh, probably Moonlight Sonata just because I can play through the whole first movement. That and it's one of my favorite classical pieces.

FtOrReEeSsT
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:21 am

Uh, probably Moonlight Sonata just because I can play through the whole first movement. That and it's one of my favorite classical pieces.

Very nice, that song is so wonderful, do you think i should relearn it and post it as a video?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FtOrReEeSsT Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:33 am

Admin Andrew wrote:Very nice, that song is so wonderful, do you think i should relearn it and post it as a video?

That would be great. I'd really like to see your interpretation of it. I think one of the more difficult things for beginners like myself to get down when it comes to playing classical music is the emotional aspect of it: Most of the time I'm just so concentrated on remembering the notes and trying not to mess up that I find myself playing very robotic and boring. There are many things that separate a good piano player from a great piano player, but I think one of the big ones is the ability to infuse a lot of emotion into your performances. Right now I'm still in the "technical" stage of piano learning, so all of the other fine tuning stuff is still a ways off for me at this point. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Lol, I hope that all made sense. Laughing

FtOrReEeSsT
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:36 am

FtOrReEeSsT wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:Very nice, that song is so wonderful, do you think i should relearn it and post it as a video?

That would be great. I'd really like to see your interpretation of it. I think one of the more difficult things for beginners like myself to get down when it comes to playing classical music is the emotional aspect of it: Most of the time I'm just so concentrated on remembering the notes and trying not to mess up that I find myself playing very robotic and boring. There are many things that separate a good piano player from a great piano player, but I think one of the big ones is the ability to infuse a lot of emotion into your performances. Right now I'm still in the "technical" stage of piano learning, so all of the other fine tuning stuff is still a ways off for me at this point. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Lol, I hope that all made sense. Laughing

That all made perfect sense!!! You're right about the technical stage of piano. It takes awhile until you can forget about the actual act of playing the piano enough that you can be free to express yourself as you please. I think I'll relearn the Moonlight sonata this summer after i'm finished with my current program! ^_^ If you've got certain questions about piano PLEASE post them on the forum! ^_^ Also i dont' know if you noticed but on the home page of the forum there's a chat box you can log into, I'm actually logged in there live right now ^_^ feel free to check it out!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FtOrReEeSsT Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:42 am

Admin Andrew wrote:I think I'll relearn the Moonlight sonata this summer after i'm finished with my current program!

Awesome. Can't wait.

Admin Andrew wrote:If you've got certain questions about piano PLEASE post them on the forum!

I'll be sure to do that, Andrew, thanks. I have the forum bookmarked and everything, so hopefully you'll be seeing a lot of me.

FtOrReEeSsT
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:54 am

I'll be sure to do that, Andrew, thanks. I have the forum bookmarked and everything, so hopefully you'll be seeing a lot of me.

That's great! i hope to be seeing you alot as well! take care man!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:45 am

FtOrReEeSsT wrote:Oh man, I'm learning a whole bunch of different songs right now, from classical pieces to more contemporary stuff. A couple of big ones would be Beethoven's Fur Elise (I know three quarters of it so far, though I'm hardly master at it), Bach's Prelude in C, and Pachelbel's Canon in D. I'm also trying to master Moonlight Sonata -- I have the whole thing memorized but I still can't get through it without 3-4 minor goof-ups.

I'm also learning Fur Elise cheers
But i'm still stuck on the first page where the treble clef changes scratch , so I'm gona post a picture of it and ask Andrew to post a video reply Laughing

I'm also learning Bach Prelude nš1 but I only have a small excert, annyone has the whole piece that can share? Rolling Eyes

I also enjoy Rob Dougan's - Clubbed to Death (nothing to do with baby seals, but still...) piano solo, it's very nice.
Watch it here: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=PMq4akUZr8c
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT

Back to top Go down

Post by draw_de Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 am

I'm currently learning Canon by George Winston. I'm close to finishing it. Smile

Fantasie-Impromptu is something i want to learn next but i know its way out of my league. I've attempted the first few lines but can't get the tempo correct. Everytime i try to speed it up, i can't tell whether I'm doing the 3:4s correctly.

draw_de

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:23 pm

draw_de wrote:I'm currently learning Canon by George Winston. I'm close to finishing it. Smile

Fantasie-Impromptu is something i want to learn next but i know its way out of my league. I've attempted the first few lines but can't get the tempo correct. Everytime i try to speed it up, i can't tell whether I'm doing the 3:4s correctly.

Hey man, so you want to learn fantasie impromptu?

Well, if you made a video of you playing the first bit i could figure out if your technique is up for it. Also if you want help with the polyrhythm's did you watch my lesson #20? That lesson is ALL about polyrhythms!

Anyway, make a video and i'll try to help you out on it ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joegeran Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Hey you know a nice song, schumann's symphoic etude number 12, those chords in the beginning are so beautiful Exclamation I could just learn the first 10 measures and be happy Very Happy

joegeran
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:59 pm

I have trouble sticking to just one. And when I learn, I memorize it right from the beginning too.. but ya the ones I'm currently learning are:

Path of Repentance from Final Fantasy
Numb by Linkin Park
Fighting from Final Fantasy

Eh those are the main ones anyway. After I have at least one of those done I need to learn Fantasie-Impromptu.

Jesse
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:26 pm

joegeran wrote:Hey you know a nice song, schumann's symphoic etude number 12, those chords in the beginning are so beautiful Exclamation I could just learn the first 10 measures and be happy Very Happy

You could probably find the sheet music on. sheet music archive.net
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by draw_de Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:19 am

Admin Andrew wrote:

Hey man, so you want to learn fantasie impromptu?

Well, if you made a video of you playing the first bit i could figure out if your technique is up for it. Also if you want help with the polyrhythm's did you watch my lesson #20? That lesson is ALL about polyrhythms!

Anyway, make a video and i'll try to help you out on it ^_^

Thanks for the video about polyrhythms. I'll try and get a video up for the first 3:4 measure.

draw_de

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by wamaral Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:24 am

Hey there! My first post here, just registered! (Nice site btw, Andrew)

For myself, I am just trying to play the first Promenade, from Pictures at an exhibition, by Modest Mussorgsky.
I don't think it's a very hard song, but since I know nothing (well, I watched all of Andrew's lessons, so that's definitely better than nothing), I cannot play it (well, except for the single-hand parts)
BUT! Tomorrow I am going to my first piano lesson (with a in-person teacher, that is)!!! Very excited! Hope I can play that song soon, it's one of my favorites!

Well, I'll be seeing you guys around here, it's my new source for information!
Take care!

Wagner Amaral
wamaral
wamaral
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 59
Length of time playing piano : Since March 2008
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://wamaral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:35 am

wamaral wrote:Hey there! My first post here, just registered! (Nice site btw, Andrew)

For myself, I am just trying to play the first Promenade, from Pictures at an exhibition, by Modest Mussorgsky.
I don't think it's a very hard song, but since I know nothing (well, I watched all of Andrew's lessons, so that's definitely better than nothing), I cannot play it (well, except for the single-hand parts)
BUT! Tomorrow I am going to my first piano lesson (with a in-person teacher, that is)!!! Very excited! Hope I can play that song soon, it's one of my favorites!

Well, I'll be seeing you guys around here, it's my new source for information!
Take care!

Wagner Amaral

Don't worry man, soon you'll be able to play songs you like ^_^ If you ever have questions please post! Very Happy and even if you don't have questions and just want to chat with people who've got the same intrests, POST Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1uc Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:00 am

At the moment Chopin - Ballade no.1 in Gm - slowly and with heart Smile
1uc
1uc
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : I like art! Playing piano, painting, drawing, dancing...
Length of time playing piano : 3years now - on & off (as much time as I have)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:04 pm

1uc wrote:At the moment Chopin - Ballade no.1 in Gm - slowly and with heart Smile

I like that song! I really like chopin's 3rd ballade as well
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:24 am

The last song I did was actually the MacGyver theme, had some difficulties with
some parts where I have to jump an octave, but it's almost 100% now.

What I'm working on right now is "Younha - Houki Boshi",
I quite happy song made by the korean singer Younha.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:34 am

joegeran wrote:Hey you know a nice song, schumann's symphoic etude number 12, those chords in the beginning are so beautiful Exclamation I could just learn the first 10 measures and be happy Very Happy

someone else said that as well! haha what a small world! ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:51 am

[quote="phobik2000"]
I'm also learning Bach Prelude nš1 but I only have a small excert, annyone has the whole piece that can share? Rolling Eyes

Well Im not a big expert on Classical but I collected tons of sheet music through the weeks...
I have Preludes from Bach but non of them named No1
I have Prelude in C major, A minor, D minor, D major, F major and they are 1-2 pages long each
Tell me if you need any of them... or anything else

Maggie
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next