Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What songs are you currently learning?

+82
Matthieu Stepec
jis
Kjetil
jaquadro
Ermijo
pathetic_pianist
Circle_of_Fists
sourstripe
aendym
Klavier
ROBIN
Lanxil
theWarden
klixonnylle
frank
juniorandrew xD
JoshQ
goodell
MLundegaard
surehit123
PianoFreak251
Kentz
no2man
Llexix
Voxy Roxy
SinkingHigher
Ursula Spots
lunazul
munkuminx
Alex|Rag
Mama64
ramaral
ed_fairs
ivn
Pianokid220
d.chimeraan
dkcrooby
Aigle
arzi
Angelique
pianoless
Amro
Wolfgang8565
leonard
Biko
Rykaerdoe
karax268
Mraan
khalyd
Fryderyk
KlutzSY
JordanMacDonald
armughan
Kahlan
AirHendrix
tfull
kwesifriends
Depo007
Angela
Marnex
Sepheron
CripKilla
Adelbert0923
pianohama
Thomandy
Casyopea
LizaTRENCHCOAT
The Royal Nobody
g0tfish
asumarione
maatija
maggiekedves
VictorCS
1uc
wamaral
Jesse
joegeran
draw_de
Phobik2000
FtOrReEeSsT
Jordan
Admin Andrew
86 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What songs are you currently learning? - Page 9 Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by Aigle Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Handel's sarabande pretty nice
Aigle
Aigle
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 67
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

What songs are you currently learning? - Page 9 Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by Voxy Roxy Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:22 pm

I'm currently trying to learn "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence, because the riff in it is pretty simple so it's a pretty decent contemporary piece for a beginner (as far my experience goes anyway). Smile
Voxy Roxy
Voxy Roxy
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 7
Length of time playing piano : I just started.
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Llexix Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:54 am

I'm learning New Born and Sunburn by Muse, the piano bits anyway.

Llexix

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Learning this one might be the wisest thing we'll ever do, it's an old classic, it's unique, it's sound great etc...
I'm not really learning this one now, but this is on my "have to do" list.

VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Yeah, great piece Vic Smile Sounds like the pianopart isnt that hard Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:39 am

Just in case, here's the sheet music, there is a couple of Queen songs, the second one is We Are The Champions.

Sheet music, PDF: http://www.sendspace.com/file/78pej5

It sounds easier than it is, you dont need to go far ( youtube ) to see that this song doesnt seem too easy to master.
I'll have to let this one wait till I get done with what i'm doing, and record some stuff ^_^
VictorCS
VictorCS

Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 pm

I have Just finished Perfecting Bach's Invention no 8 Smile
I love this piece, and have gotten some tips on the interpretation by
a Bach-expert so Im pretty sure Ill get a good recording of this one Smile
Planning on uploading it next week, cause Im uploading my Nocturne tomorrow Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aigle Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:53 pm

I am roaming through the performances topic and deciding which song will be my next victim Twisted Evil
Aigle
Aigle
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by no2man Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Thomandy wrote:I have Just finished Perfecting Bach's Invention no 8 Smile
Planning on uploading it next week, cause Im uploading my Nocturne tomorrow Smile

Cool, I am currently learning the exact same piece, still trying hard to get the speed up to the required tempo especially parts using the weak fingers of mine. looking forward to your uploads =)

no2man
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : Piano, Mangas, Eating, Listening to music
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 pm

no2man wrote:

Cool, I am currently learning the exact same piece, still trying hard to get the speed up to the required tempo especially parts using the weak fingers of mine. looking forward to your uploads =)

Nice Smile Yeah, I was thinking the speed was my main issue in the beginning. But then I shifted the focus to the interpretation instead, and then set the metronome back to get full focus on that Smile Now I can play it full speed and get a perfect run at least 1/3 of the times. So still some practice to get it perfect every time I play it Smile

Are you uploading yours when you are done?? Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by no2man Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:35 am

Thomandy wrote:
no2man wrote:

Nice Smile Yeah, I was thinking the speed was my main issue in the beginning. But then I shifted the focus to the interpretation instead, and then set the metronome back to get full focus on that Smile Now I can play it full speed and get a perfect run at least 1/3 of the times. So still some practice to get it perfect every time I play it Smile

Are you uploading yours when you are done?? Smile

I see. Well, I do not have the experience recording or uploading videos of me playing the piano before. Guess I shall do that someday when I get the confidence and the knowledge on how to upload the vids onto youtube =)

no2man
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Job/hobbies : Piano, Mangas, Eating, Listening to music
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianokid220 Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Bach well temered claiver book 1 prelude in C minor
also
chopin raindrop prelude
Pianokid220
Pianokid220
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : pEOPLE ARE MEAN
Length of time playing piano : WHY PLEASE DELETE ME ACCOUNT NOW
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/aclyde15greenc

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:41 pm

The day someone with perfect pitch writes down the sheet for this, I'm gonna watch scream:

VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:15 pm

VictorCS wrote:The day someone with perfect pitch writes down the sheet for this, I'm gonna watch scream:

You dont need perfect pitch to do that. I could have done that with my relative pitch Smile
But I would have used a pretty long time. Some hours!!

Just finished learning/arranging my first piece by ear now. Its a piece
thats new since Thursday in a trailer and im posting a vid this night I think Smile
And that wasnt piano, plus lots of sound effects and no real harmony so it was kind of hard Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kentz Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:58 pm

I learn way too much at the same time as I can't focus on a single piece. Prepare to be shocked :

Marcia Alla Turca (Beethoven)
Chopin's revolutionary étude (mainly so I can practice my left hand)
Beethoven/Liszt Symphony 5. (Really fun to play, and surprisingly not too hard)
Hungarian Rhapsody No.2 (I know it's "too" hard for me, but I really like it and I am showing a lot of enthusiasm while learning it!)
Kentz
Kentz
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Job/hobbies : Piano.
Length of time playing piano : Enough to determ my skills
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Kentz wrote:I learn way too much at the same time as I can't focus on a single piece. Prepare to be shocked :

Hungarian Rhapsody No.2 (I know it's "too" hard for me, but I really like it and I am showing a lot of enthusiasm while learning it!)

Hi Smile Well, its a nice list... Smile But are you good enough to play them?
Do you got a recording of you playing a piece, then Andrew and others could give you feedback.

"Its easy to learn the notes! That you can do in every single piece ever created. But to create music with the notes that are given, that is the true artistry" - Me alien
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kentz Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Kentz wrote:I learn way too much at the same time as I can't focus on a single piece. Prepare to be shocked :

Do you got a recording of you playing a piece, then Andrew and others could give you feedback.

"Its easy to learn the notes! That you can do in every single piece ever created. But to create music with the notes that are given, that is the true artistry" - Me alien

That's a different question heh, I can play Marcia Alla Turca (yey). And Chopin's revolutionary etude (not the whole thing but the parts I have been practicing, the rest is just basically the same thing).
And I haven't really tried playing the "hard parts" of the Beet/Liszt Symphony 5, I can't be arsed with that right now.
And the rhapsody, eh, I can say that the parts I have been practicing I know very well. But I haven't reached the Friska yet so.
I don't have any recordings, mainly because I don't own a camera. If I am going to upload a "video" on youtube, I guess it's just going to be a picture of the composer + the audio. (Audio = Me)
Kentz
Kentz
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Kentz wrote:
Thomandy wrote:

That's a different question heh, I can play Marcia Alla Turca (yey). And Chopin's revolutionary etude (not the whole thing but the parts I have been practicing, the rest is just basically the same thing).
And I haven't really tried playing the "hard parts" of the Beet/Liszt Symphony 5, I can't be arsed with that right now.
And the rhapsody, eh, I can say that the parts I have been practicing I know very well. But I haven't reached the Friska yet so.
I don't have any recordings, mainly because I don't own a camera. If I am going to upload a "video" on youtube, I guess it's just going to be a picture of the composer + the audio. (Audio = Me)

Yeah, one can hear a lot from a Audio-Recording Smile Pianohama uploads some great improvs using Audio only(+pic). It would be cool to hear you play!! So if you got a Mic, try to do a rec of a part or anything you can. Im sure you will benefit from a review on how you play!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kentz Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Kentz wrote:
Thomandy wrote:

Yeah, one can hear a lot from a Audio-Recording Smile Pianohama uploads some great improvs using Audio only(+pic). It would be cool to hear you play!! So if you got a Mic, try to do a rec of a part or anything you can. Im sure you will benefit from a review on how you play!! Smile

Yeah I have been thinking of making a new youtube account just dedicated for that.
(Whenever I get the confident)
Kentz
Kentz
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:58 pm

I'm learning Chopin Waltz in C#minor. The fingering is strange. I know it higly recommended to follow the fingering when it's Chopin, but seriously!
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 pm

CripKilla wrote:I'm learning Chopin Waltz in C#minor. The fingering is strange. I know it higly recommended to follow the fingering when it's Chopin, but seriously!

Be aware of typos Razz i have a Grand Book with 50 major pieces here at home, and I have found 2 Clear fingering-typos . And they are easy to figure out since following that fingering would make it Impossible to play the piece Razz So I guess there is some typos that would make since, but makes it harder to play, but you wont know that they are typos cause they are sort of realistic but still maybe not. And its hard to know since your finger probably arnt all independent and eager to follow you until you have practiced lots of different finger-variations ect Razz Just be aware Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kentz Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:44 am

Actually after I get the chords right in Marcia Alla Turca I am going to practice Liebenstraum.
The main melody isn't hard at all, surprisingly.
Kentz
Kentz
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by PianoFreak251 Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:17 pm

I am trying to play Pearl harbor-Tenessee song Smile

PianoFreak251

Male Number of posts : 2
Length of time playing piano : Started from age of 5. Still a beginner
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by surehit123 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:11 am

where'd u get the sheet music to tennessee?
surehit123
surehit123
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 239
Job/hobbies : Student
Length of time playing piano : 7 months
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-29

https://www.youtube.com/user/surehit123

Back to top Go down

Post by PianoFreak251 Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:29 pm

surehit123 wrote:where'd u get the sheet music to tennessee?

I learn it by ear.

PianoFreak251

Male Number of posts : 2
Length of time playing piano : Started from age of 5. Still a beginner
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next