Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to encourage a person to improve his/her english?

+4
Jordan
CripKilla
Thomandy
Adelbert0923
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to encourage a person to improve his/her english? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to encourage a person to improve his/her english?

Post by KlutzSY Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:27 pm

VictorCS wrote:German is one of them, damn weird gramar they got with big letters in the middle of a sentence... Razz

And remember all the African languages with weird ticks and tacks scratch

And Finnish, damn, that's weird... En ymmärrä, olen pahoillani. Anteeksi, minä rakastan sinua ^_^

Norwegian, swedish, danish is very simple to understand if you know one of the languages...

Dutch is a weird language, if you're norwegian you can actually hear that it sounds like norwegian in the way a word is spoken, but when you listen closely, you can hear it's not spoken with norwegian words... And alot of the words they use are "english"...

I believe that every language that doesnt contain ticktacks or are asian should be fairly easy, if you want to learn it, and if you're using it everyday. It's all about re-use. The only thing that's gonne be a problem is the accent. At school I didnt really care about the accent, and I spoke it in a norwegian way, just to merge with the rest. Now I can adjust myself to a british, australian or american "accent", the easiest is the british because you dont have to say the "R", I hate the "choked" are, damn to far back in my mouth...

lol!

american, are = aR ( a choken R )
british, are = a ( no R )

her = he
her = heR

I'm woRking
I'm woking

etc.

Since I dont speak english very often, I just write it too much, I dont get much spoken practice... geek

Well, asian language would depend. If your refering to the pronunciation, Chinese and japanese would be very easy but problem is u have to get the "pitch" rite, cuz for chinese, one pronunciation has four different pitch and each pitch has many words, that means there can be like maybe 10 words with same pronunciation and same pitch. The only way you can differentiate what we are talking about is through sentences and topics. Japanese has a chart for pronunciation but they also has same words with different meaning lol!

On the other hand, like korean and and chinese dialect, like cantonese and hokkien, they are very hard to pronunce, cuz the sound came from the throat muscles, not mouth, if use too much force, you'll choke. silent

Btw, words that encourage ppl to learn english. so far, the one that works best is that you can pick up a girl, cuz most ppl know at least some english, so Eurasian, German, Norwagian....., you can have your pick. Of cuz the other way round for girls but this phrase usually works better on males though. Wink
KlutzSY
KlutzSY
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : drawing, reading
Length of time playing piano : since Dec'07
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

How to encourage a person to improve his/her english? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to encourage a person to improve his/her english?

Post by Biko Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Adelbert0923 wrote:Thank you for your answers!! But does anyone have a sentence or phrase that can encourage a person to speak in English? Only a sentence or a phrase....hehe Very Happy

Hehe... Razz If things where that easy! But It might help if you get a gun and hold it to his head and say: Learn english Or Ill KILL you!! (THAT WAS A JOKE) So dont sue me! Hehe

I dont got a word or a phrase. Im sorry! I think you need to encuroage trough conversation. Smile

You know, I was just about to post something like that...
Biko
Biko
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 177
Length of time playing piano : Just over a year, still cant play.
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2