Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to encourage a person to improve his/her english?

+4
Jordan
CripKilla
Thomandy
Adelbert0923
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to encourage a person to improve his/her english? Empty How to encourage a person to improve his/her english?

Post by Adelbert0923 Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:14 am

If you know the best words or whatever please post your reply!! I need this ASAP!! I know that everyone can help....=) Very Happy
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : College
Length of time playing piano : Total: 2months only coz I stopped...
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://www.youtube.com/user/Adelbert0923

Back to top Go down

How to encourage a person to improve his/her english? Empty Re: How to encourage a person to improve his/her english?

Post by Thomandy Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:27 am

To encourage anyone in generall, positive feedback is nr1 and constructive criticizm nr2 i guess. But keep the focus on the good things.

Do: That was good, keep on doing that
Instead of: That was bad, get rid of that.

It all depends on who you gona encourage. Razz
But the main idea is allways the same. Think positive, and have that focuse. If its to negative, the motivation might go away! =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

How to encourage a person to improve his/her english? Empty Re: How to encourage a person to improve his/her english?

Post by CripKilla Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Later, for your job you'll probably need english! So what you're doing now will be useful for a lifetime! Wink
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:20 am

Thomandy wrote:To encourage anyone in generall, positive feedback is nr1 and constructive criticizm nr2 i guess. But keep the focus on the good things.

Do: That was good, keep on doing that
Instead of: That was bad, get rid of that.

It all depends on who you gona encourage. Razz
But the main idea is allways the same. Think positive, and have that focuse. If its to negative, the motivation might go away! =)

Thank you Thomandy!! Very Happy
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:20 am

CripKilla wrote:Later, for your job you'll probably need english! So what you're doing now will be useful for a lifetime! Wink

Thank you CripKilla!! Very Happy
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:28 am

To be specific... I'm going to make a poster with words that can encourage the students (in our school) to speak in English so they can improve their vocabulary. The reason why I'm doing this is because I'm one of the Officers of our English club so I have to implement our rules to speak in English. My problem is it's hard to encourage every students to speak in English because they think that it's nonsense. So please I need more replies so I can show it very well on my poster.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:15 pm

It'll take you a little while to learn how to speak fluently, but the way I look at it, so far you're doing great. It's not easy learning another language.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:36 pm

To speak english without an accent takes some practice, because you'll need to change the muscle memory....
When I think, I think how it's said in american/UK/australian, whatever,
but when I'm gonna get the words out it comes with an accent, just because of the muscle memory...

Muscle memory has stored your own language's movement, and when you start
talking another language it usually use your own language's movement.

But the most important is to know words, and the "rules of grammar", then when you get that down you should start worry about the accent.
One great thing is that muscle memory is learned pretty fast, just think of it as learning a new piece...

I still suffer some grammar errors because I had an english teacher that made me not like english, and I didnt care if I learned it correct or not...
I dont think learning a language is hard, but you'll have to want it. I started both with japanese and spanish,
but quit because I didnt really need them. English and spanish should be mandatory,
because the are the 2 and 3 most spoken languages in the word.

Spanish is easy since alot of words are english words with a "spanish" ending, and both languages are pretty similare,
but the thought of learning all those new words and how to write them wasnt exactly fun...

( Chinese I think is on 1st... Too hard ^_^ )
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:44 pm

VictorCS wrote:
Spanish is easy since alot of words are english words with a "spanish" ending, and both languages are pretty similare,
but the thought of learning all those new words and how to write them wasnt exactly fun...

Well, learning spanish words might be easy enough. But the grammar and the rulse are Way more complicated than you might think!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Thomandy wrote:
VictorCS wrote:

Well, learning spanish words might be easy enough. But the grammar and the rulse are Way more complicated than you might think!

I dont even find the upside down ? on my keyboard lol!
VictorCS
VictorCS

Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:21 pm

VictorCS wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
VictorCS wrote:

I dont even find the upside down ? on my keyboard lol!

Hehe Razz Well no need to know how to find that now.. lol!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:59 am

Thank you for your answers!! But does anyone have a sentence or phrase that can encourage a person to speak in English? Only a sentence or a phrase....hehe Very Happy
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:10 am

Adelbert0923 wrote:Thank you for your answers!! But does anyone have a sentence or phrase that can encourage a person to speak in English? Only a sentence or a phrase....hehe Very Happy

Hehe... Razz If things where that easy! But It might help if you get a gun and hold it to his head and say: Learn english Or Ill KILL you!! (THAT WAS A JOKE) So dont sue me! Hehe

I dont got a word or a phrase. Im sorry! I think you need to encuroage trough conversation. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:59 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...THOMAS, you're HILARIOUS! hahahahahahah! Laughing

Well, one phrase could be. Learning English will open more doors for you in your life.

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but hey it could encourage someone to try right?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Hahahaha, nice one Thomandy. Anyway, I'm happy that I was born to speak English while speaking it fluently. I don't have to worry about learning it because English is supposedly the most difficult language to learn for foreign people. Sucks to be you guys! Haha, I'm only kidding! Razz
Jordan
Jordan

Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Jordan wrote:Hahahaha, nice one Thomandy. Anyway, I'm happy that I was born to speak English while speaking it fluently. I don't have to worry about learning it because English is supposedly the most difficult language to learn for foreign people. Sucks to be you guys! Haha, I'm only kidding! Razz

Hehe tnx Wink

Hm... That doesnt really ad up to what I thought! Couse I have had no problem learning english. I think youll get it right fast if you learn eary. Kids are better learners, thats a fact. Just look at all the great 6,7 and 8 year old pianoplayers!! Smile

In norway we start english when we are 7 or 8, and we speek it quite well at the age of 10-11, and perfecting the grammar untill we are 15-16. When I say perfecting I mean, "perfecting" Razz My spoken engish is better than my written english. And that is fairly good also so... I had ALOT more difficulties learning german and spanish... That would mean that I can NOT comunicate well at all in those languages. Yo me llamo Thomas and Meine name ist Thomas is about what I know, haha Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Jordan wrote:Hahahaha, nice one Thomandy. Anyway, I'm happy that I was born to speak English while speaking it fluently. I don't have to worry about learning it because English is supposedly the most difficult language to learn for foreign people. Sucks to be you guys! Haha, I'm only kidding! Razz

In norway we start english when we are 7 or 8

Speaking of Norway, the girls down there are probably one of the sexiest European girls of all Europe, besides Swedish girls. I hope I visit Norway some day, maybe the girls can teach me some Norwegian, or maybe I'll pretend that I don't know English and they can teach me what they know, haha.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Jordan wrote:
Thomandy wrote:

In norway we start english when we are 7 or 8

Speaking of Norway, the girls down there are probably one of the sexiest European girls of all Europe, besides Swedish girls. I hope I visit Norway some day, maybe the girls can teach me some Norwegian, or maybe I'll pretend that I don't know English and they can teach me what they know, haha.

Hehe Wink Great comment Jordan Wink Well, there are little difference between norwegian and swedish girsl. But Sweden are more exposed to the world than we are Smile But yeah, norwegian and sweeden are known for pretty girls Wink
But damn, we got some ugly ones aswel haha Very Happy

You should do that. That would be an awesome aproach WinkWink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:20 pm

I still prefer american flesh Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Adelbert0923 wrote:Thank you for your answers!! But does anyone have a sentence or phrase that can encourage a person to speak in English? Only a sentence or a phrase....hehe Very Happy

Hehe... Razz If things where that easy! But It might help if you get a gun and hold it to his head and say: Learn english Or Ill KILL you!! (THAT WAS A JOKE) So dont sue me! Hehe

I dont got a word or a phrase. Im sorry! I think you need to encuroage trough conversation. Smile

That was good man!! You really make me laugh!!....hehe...hahaha... Very Happy lol! Thanks! =)
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...THOMAS, you're HILARIOUS! hahahahahahah! Laughing

Well, one phrase could be. Learning English will open more doors for you in your life.

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but hey it could encourage someone to try right?

Thank you Andrew!! You're really my teacher!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:37 pm

VictorCS wrote:I still prefer american flesh Cool

Was I drunk?
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:56 am

VictorCS wrote:
VictorCS wrote:I still prefer american flesh Cool

Was I drunk?

Probably Wink hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Jordan wrote: because English is supposedly the most difficult language to learn for foreign people
English is not that complicated! There are many languages harder! What a Face
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:44 pm

German is one of them, damn weird gramar they got with big letters in the middle of a sentence... Razz

And remember all the African languages with weird ticks and tacks scratch

And Finnish, damn, that's weird... En ymmärrä, olen pahoillani. Anteeksi, minä rakastan sinua ^_^

Norwegian, swedish, danish is very simple to understand if you know one of the languages...

Dutch is a weird language, if you're norwegian you can actually hear that it sounds like norwegian in the way a word is spoken, but when you listen closely, you can hear it's not spoken with norwegian words... And alot of the words they use are "english"...

I believe that every language that doesnt contain ticktacks or are asian should be fairly easy, if you want to learn it, and if you're using it everyday. It's all about re-use. The only thing that's gonne be a problem is the accent. At school I didnt really care about the accent, and I spoke it in a norwegian way, just to merge with the rest. Now I can adjust myself to a british, australian or american "accent", the easiest is the british because you dont have to say the "R", I hate the "choked" are, damn to far back in my mouth...

lol!

american, are = aR ( a choken R )
british, are = a ( no R )

her = he
her = heR

I'm woRking
I'm woking

etc.

Since I dont speak english very often, I just write it too much, I dont get much spoken practice... geek
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next