Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello =) i need some tips to improve my playing :P

2 posters

Go down

Hello =) i need some tips to improve my playing :P Empty Hello =) i need some tips to improve my playing :P

Post by pifcmp Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Hello im new to this forum and to piano playing so don't be rough on me plz xD

Ok so i started playing piano yeasterday and well im doing quite well i believe ...
Btw i already play guitar for almost 2 years now and im quite good at it ^^ i believe that because of playing guitar it was WAY easier for me to start playing piano because i already have strenght and coordenation on the fingers and hands plus i play on a very flowed way o.O i just don't really like stackato lol and the basics for playing flowed its the same on guitar so :p ... oh i also have a good good posture on the hands (no crazy death bridges with aligators on the bottom for me right Andrew lol). . .

I diden't really know where to start so i learned a song, on the first day of playing i learned to play tallulah from sonata artica :p well its still a bit sloppy sometimes i admit because i still haven't memorised everything perfectly Razz ... i knew it wasen't an easy song (at least not for me that never played piano) but i decided to try it and for my surprise it wasen't really hard for me to learn it :O... im learning Sadness and Sorrow from Toshiro Masuda now because i always wanted to play it on the piano xD (I got to admit it sounds MUCH better on piano but i still like it on guitar anyway ^^) ... but after i finish this song i don't really know what to do but i know i want to get better and better xD because oh well i just love to play piano xD (not as much as guitar but still!!)

Ok so basicly i don't quite rate myself to be in a beginner leve on playing piano (even though im certain i am Razz) due to the fact i might have a very fast evolution on it if i keep playing it like i did on the the guitar, and since i already have the basics from the guitar all i need to do now is develop the technique further :p ...

So if possible, taking in acount my experience with guitar with is clearly helping me a lot on the piano can anyone give me some tips exercises i could do or songs to learn for the piano i don't really know much songs with piano that are purely for it, taking classic ones that are way out of my league for now ^^

Thanks for reading and i hope someone can help on this Razz

pifcmp

Number of posts : 2
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Hello =) i need some tips to improve my playing :P Empty Re: Hello =) i need some tips to improve my playing :P

Post by VictorCS Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Since you already have some music in you, I thin the best you can do is to watch all Andrew's videos and study them. Because they pretty much explains everything a beginner needs, and you actually got experience from another instrument. That helps even more.

Guitar and piano are both similare and different, the theory is the same, the only thing that's different is how it's play'd, if you dont play piano style:

I cant really come with song/pieces advice since I tend to play Final Fantasy and Anime music on my piano and the guitar. I do the John Petrucci, Neil Zaza, Van Halen, Green Day and RHCP stuff on the guitar, but that's not really something that fits the piano. I havent done much classical on the piano. I should make a list someday so I can see what I've been doing. I'm currently wokring on FF1's soundtrack.

This might sum up most of what you need to think about when you are playing the piano:
http://www.musique.umontreal.ca/personnel/Belkin/Piano/PianoTechnique.html
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Hello =) i need some tips to improve my playing :P Empty Re: Hello =) i need some tips to improve my playing :P

Post by pifcmp Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Nice :p im already watching his videos helps a lot xD but most of the things i already do but don't know the name of the technique xD always good too know ^^ ...

Humm i also love Final Fantasy stuff ^^ Nobuo Uematsu is one of my favorite theme song composers of all time ^^

pifcmp

Number of posts : 2
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down