Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 23 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by klixonnylle Mon May 11, 2009 11:09 am

nice one thom!! i like songs like this... and i like the way you play music i want to play like you!!
klixonnylle
klixonnylle
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Student
Length of time playing piano : complete beginner
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 23 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Klavier Mon May 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Cool playing dude Very Happy ...And your camera is cool too, even when its sleepy :3
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon May 11, 2009 11:35 pm

klixonnylle wrote:nice one thom!! i like songs like this... and i like the way you play music i want to play like you!!

Klavier wrote:Cool playing dude Very Happy ...And your camera is cool too, even when its sleepy :3

Hi there Smile Thanks to both, glad you liked it Smile
Hehe, yeah. It was actually the stick I got it attached to that decided to tip Razz hehe, lucky I got a cartridge supporting the camera so it didnt fall out and break Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri May 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Only a little newsupdate Razz
Im working on a piece now! I have finished the A section,
and Im happy with it. Its in a minor key, and I feel Im better at writing in minor keys than Majors. Cause Im SOOO stuck now, since Im modulating to the relative Major and have spent at least 5,6 or 7 hours trying to create something. I have made like 4-5 B sections, and I dont like any of them. Actually I like one of them, but it dosnt fit with what I want for this piece. So that will probably be an A section for another piece Razz ... so stuck!

Why is it so much harder to create something in the Major keys? Argh Sad
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri May 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Smile are you composing at the piano? sometimes it helps to relax yourself and just sing the music in your head. It's very importaint to not try to force the music out of you, just let it flow. (not that i'm a composer or anything) lol
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri May 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Smile are you composing at the piano? sometimes it helps to relax yourself and just sing the music in your head. It's very importaint to not try to force the music out of you, just let it flow. (not that i'm a composer or anything) lol

Both Smile Im composing mostly in my head actually.
Yeah, its flowing a lot of music, but Im competing against the best of the best, and I feel the A section is where it should be, Im Really happy with it, so even though I got lots of ideas and get lots done, I trow it away, cause I feel the last 10% lack in that competition! Im not "competing" but I want this piece to be As good as Im able to get it!! Smile I know Pachelbel had a task every year to come up with a comp that was better than last years comp. Smile And, yeah, Im way to perfectionistic to settle with 90% of the potential Smile hehe. But a good thing came out of it, and I now got a great idea for a new piece Smile A very light piece! But this isnt supposed to be To light, its supposed to be brisk but still not to lively, it has to be.. perfect Smile hehe
Ah well Smile Im going for a ride on my cycle now, then a shower, food and im ready for a couple more hours Smile

But cause of fright of folks steeling, Im actually thinking I want to get this piece published before I post a video of it. But I was thinking you could get a mp3 if you want, since I trust you 100% Andrew Smile
But I have NO idea how to get it published Razz hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by MysteriousGgirl Sat May 16, 2009 9:50 am

Amazing.. cheers
hope to reach this level one day.. Very Happy
MysteriousGgirl
MysteriousGgirl
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 125
Job/hobbies : Designing, Drawing and playing Piano
Length of time playing piano : Biggner needs alot of help :D
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sat May 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Composing music certainly sounds fascinating, glad to see you're giving it a good go and have that first section down Very Happy
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Klavier wrote:Composing music certainly sounds fascinating, glad to see you're giving it a good go and have that first section down Very Happy

Yeah Smile Its harder to compose this than I felt it was to compose my Rag or my Nocturne.
Cause Im going a lot deeper, the "structure" is going to root in places not seen unless analyzed! Smile
And I finaly ot a couple bars down for the B section Smile ... This piece is turning me crazy cause Im thinking about it and trying to create things in my head all the time Razz hehe, but i cant really compose notes in my head, just general ideas for passages ect.. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sat May 16, 2009 2:15 pm

I just read this passage in my book about how a guy called Robert Schumann (1810-56) was a great musical authority and was thought to soon follow into composing works as great as Mozart and the other greats. However, after his first attempt he went mad and was imprisoned in an asylum til he died very soon after. o_0 So umm, take your time Thomandy! lol Very Happy
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Klavier wrote:I just read this passage in my book about how a guy called Robert Schumann (1810-56) was a great musical authority and was thought to soon follow into composing works as great as Mozart and the other greats. However, after his first attempt he went mad and was imprisoned in an asylum til he died very soon after. o_0 So umm, take your time Thomandy! lol Very Happy

Great reading Smile Damn.... I might be imprisoned soon then!! pale
I was so stuck, that I got Loudly Angry at myself yesterday, hehe.. So Im gona take your advice Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Eurovision Is Europe's biggest musical festival!
Estimated to be viewed by over 700 Million people! Smile

And NORWAY won! cheers

FINAL SHOW EUROVISION 2009 WINNER - NORWAY:
Alexander Rybak "Fairytale" - CONGRATULATIONS

LOOK LONGER DOWN - BETTER AUDIO VERSION

Last edited by Thomandy on Tue May 19, 2009 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sun May 17, 2009 7:49 am

And the UK was finally not boycotted by other countries and they actually looked at the music and the UK was 5th and not last like last year!!! Whoooo~
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun May 17, 2009 7:51 am

Klavier wrote:And the UK was finally not boycotted by other countries and they actually looked at the music and the UK was 5th and not last like last year!!! Whoooo~

Norway got 5th place last year, so if you're lucky now, you will get 1place Next year Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 am

w00p w00p, the Uk was one of the major ones demanding the panel side of the voting decided by musical experts of the country because people would just always vote for their neighbours and it would almost NEVER be about the music, this year it was a lot fairer! We used to always be up their til about 10 years ago. What do world events have to do with music? Sad Sure the Uk goes to war a lot and often agrees with America but well, yeah, don't hate us, we all voted no and our government went anyway lol Sad
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun May 17, 2009 8:44 am

Klavier wrote:w00p w00p, the Uk was one of the major ones demanding the panel side of the voting decided by musical experts of the country because people would just always vote for their neighbours and it would almost NEVER be about the music, this year it was a lot fairer! We used to always be up their til about 10 years ago. What do world events have to do with music? Sad Sure the Uk goes to war a lot and often agrees with America but well, yeah, don't hate us, we all voted no and our government went anyway lol Sad

Well, personally I dont think UK has been boycotted like you say! Smile

Its Always been more votes to the neighbors, but still overall Whole Europe show who they want to win Together!! If there would be a panel that would decide, I would Never Ever watch Eurovision again! Eaurovision is a festival for the people, not the "upper class"!!! So let the people join the party! Smile

And IF political or other issues would have something to say, Norway would NEVER have gotten 12points from Israel, since our government went out officially and said that the War on the Palestinians should never have happened! Personally, I dont think politics when watching the show at all! We humans are actually very good at separating "arenas". I think the "boycott" is a poor excuse Smile Dont be offended!!! But its easy to blame it on things out of ones control when thing dosnt go the direction we wanted it to go! Its human nature, and can only be avoided if we are aware that this is a strong human attribute! Smile

But what you say about Neighbor-voting is for sure true, but hopefully only to a certen point! Cause I feel that the Winners most of the times have gotten high votes generally, from most of the countrys when they win Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sun May 17, 2009 3:47 pm

It was done this year with a half panel and half public vote Very Happy Its an actual fact that people more voted for their neighbours I'm afraid Thomandy Very Happy There has been many articles about it here and a very famous upbeat commentator "Sir Terry Wogan" who commentated on the Eurovision for many years quit after last year when we came last and gave a fantastic performance, musically it was at least better that half of the other contenders and anyone with any musical knowledge would of realised this, it was catchy, upbeat and all yay, sung by a bin man who was found through x factor. he came like 3rd or summit one year Very Happy It lost compared to some man who couldn't sing for his life jumping about in a pink costume and of course others and other strange finalists which end up at eurovision, theres always some strange ones Very Happy It was terrible and you could tell that it stopped being about the music, this year was far better in that regard and we're all happy with 5th here, could of easily been up to 2nd if we got a few higher, only like 20 points between 5th and second or something and we all agree the best song won Very Happy
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun May 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Klavier wrote:It was done this year with a half panel and half public vote Very Happy Its an actual fact that people more voted for their neighbours I'm afraid Thomandy Very Happy

I agreed with you on that!^^

Thomandy wrote:
But what you say about Neighbor-voting is for sure true, but hopefully only to a certen point! ...

---

Klavier wrote:
There has been many articles about it here and a very famous upbeat commentator "Sir Terry Wogan" who commentated on the Eurovision for many years quit after last year when we came last and gave a fantastic performance, musically it was at least better that half of the other contenders and anyone with any musical knowledge would of realised this, it was catchy, upbeat and all yay, sung by a bin man who was found through x factor. he came like 3rd or summit one year Very Happy It lost compared to some man who couldn't sing for his life jumping about in a pink costume and of course others and other strange finalists which end up at eurovision, theres always some strange ones Very Happy

But then we Disagree on one very fundamental thing! Smile
I feel that the Musical Taste people have should decide the winner! Not what is political or theoretical or musically correct music! I dont believe music to be divided in Right and Wrong! So when you say; "anyone with any musical knowledge would of realized this" you are Raising yourself Above the general public, and that is something I feel no one should ever do!!!

Klavier wrote:
It was terrible and you could tell that it stopped being about the music, this year was far better in that regard and we're all happy with 5th here, could of easily been up to 2nd if we got a few higher, only like 20 points between 5th and second or something and we all agree the best song won Very Happy

Yeah, but 5th is very good! Smile
And I agree, as objective as I can be that we got the correct winner. Well New Record by almost 100 points speak for itself Razz hehe

Btw: I liked it Englands Contribution, just so you know Smile It was very nice!
Hot singer as well Smile hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sun May 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Lol we got so annoyed we got Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber Very Happy (The Sound Of Music etc) EXTREMELY famous and talented and Jade who is a hot female (couldn't hurt Very Happy) also talented as well and stuck them together and they toured other countries before hand and down lots of promotional work etc Very Happy
And when I meant "Anyone with any musical talent could tell blah blah" I was talking specifically how an act which actually hurt your ears, was obviously thrown together at the last minute and looked so incredibly desperate you couldn't even watch would 100% get 40 odd points just because its got 4 neighbours, that was literally what it was like last year. Very Happy It wasn't fair. FULL STOP. The first half of the top leader board however is almost always full of the best acts.

I don't mean to detract from personal opinion of the whole of Europe lol I just mean to say that their are universal musical feelings, songs which transcend languages and sound farrr better on the ears than others who have obviously practiced like mad, and they DESERVE in a fair competition to have a FAIR competition, not "ohnoes they only have 1 neighbour thats 12 points" lol Very Happy
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun May 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Klavier wrote:Lol we got so annoyed we got Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber Very Happy (The Sound Of Music etc) EXTREMELY famous and talented and Jade who is a hot female (couldn't hurt Very Happy) also talented as well and stuck them together and they toured other countries before hand and down lots of promotional work etc Very Happy

Yeah Andrew Lloyd Webber is one of todays Best composers and he is also great in other cultural areas, but remember that Andrews music dosnt hit the biggest masses! It was a beautiful piece, but its so many songs just like it! So usually a piece like that wouldnt have a chance at victory! Eurovision is a phenomena and its style and character as so different from other music-competitions ect. You need an extra characteristic in the song to win! Smile Eurovision is all about Identity and I think if you can combine Identity, Modern, Nostalgia and cultural heritage you can go to the tops, but Englands song could just have well been sung by Ireland, Denmark, Belarus ect... Good song, but i would have to say No Cultural Identity! Smile
No offense Smile

Klavier wrote:And when I meant "Anyone with any musical talent could tell blah blah" I was talking specifically how an act which actually hurt your ears, was obviously thrown together at the last minute and looked so incredibly desperate you couldn't even watch would 100% get 40 odd points just because its got 4 neighbours, that was literally what it was like last year. Very Happy It wasn't fair. FULL STOP. The first half of the top leader board however is almost always full of the best acts.

I see Smile But something that are really bad and hurts your ears would never win no matter how supportive the neighbors are Smile

Klavier wrote:I don't mean to detract from personal opinion of the whole of Europe lol I just mean to say that their are universal musical feelings, songs which transcend languages and sound farrr better on the ears than others who have obviously practiced like mad, and they DESERVE in a fair competition to have a FAIR competition, not "ohnoes they only have 1 neighbour thats 12 points" lol Very Happy

Yeah, I totally agree that the competition should be fair Smile Overall I think it is!
Remember that Ireland is the Most-winning country in the Eurovisions 54years of existence!
They dont got more neighbours than you Smile Id say that when others might have advantages in some areas, you also got some. I think England got LOTS more money to spend on promotion than, lets say Iceland or Armani! So overall I think the competition is fair as of now! Smile Norway for instance have won 3 times(85,95 and 09) and we actually got 7 last places! This shows that if the Song is good you can win, if the song doesn't appeal to the masses you might end up in last place no matter if your name is Norway, Poland or England Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sun May 17, 2009 9:00 pm

lol! You just reminded me of an entry we did i think 2 or 3 years ago when you said "Your song was great but had little cultural identity". We had random people called Sparks or something....? Anyway they wore all british flag stuff, were like an airplane crew throwing flags about and being extremely british air hostess like, roooooofl. None however complained when that didn't do that well and we know why :DDD I Guess we tried the british thing! Maybe next year we need more culture, like ummmm.... getting the queen to sing a lullaby on stage with all her jewels entitled; "A heart has many faces" awwwwwwwwww I'd move country and vote for it! Very Happy
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun May 17, 2009 9:25 pm

Klavier wrote:lol! You just reminded me of an entry we did i think 2 or 3 years ago when you said "Your song was great but had little cultural identity". We had random people called Sparks or something....? Anyway they wore all british flag stuff, were like an airplane crew throwing flags about and being extremely british air hostess like, roooooofl. None however complained when that didn't do that well and we know why :DDD I Guess we tried the british thing! Maybe next year we need more culture, like ummmm.... getting the queen to sing a lullaby on stage with all her jewels entitled; "A heart has many faces" awwwwwwwwww I'd move country and vote for it! Very Happy

hehehe Smile Yeah, Id vote for the Queen of England as well Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun May 17, 2009 11:00 pm

Hehe, I found this Smile I didnt see it live though Razz hehe

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 am

Hahaha &@!#*$! We're just so cool how we can touch someones boob on something being watched by 700 million people and not be noticed... but damn someone did!! lol!
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon May 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Klavier wrote:Hahaha &@!#*$! We're just so cool how we can touch someones boob on something being watched by 700 million people and not be noticed... but damn someone did!! lol!

Boob? Razz hehehe.. I couldnt see him managing that, but he hit the Mic up in her mouth with his viola-bow Smile
But they manage to get into it right away! Smile

As you can see, it looks like he is doing it on purpose! The movements isnt natural at all Razz
Thats what the posters of the video say! Smile What do you think?? Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next