Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 27 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by ROBIN Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:32 pm

I Look forward to the vid thomas , you never know you may start to get busy after your airplay Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 27 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:21 am

ROBIN wrote:I Look forward to the vid thomas , you never know you may start to get busy after your airplay Smile

Yeah Smile Im going into the studio tomorrow Razz Im still not satisfied with how I play the piece, but Ill just have to give it my best Razz And hope it turns out okay Smile .. Im also shooting a different video tomorrow to go with the piece so I might post it tomorrow night! =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:58 am

good luck for tomorrow ,hope it goes well and that would be great if u post the vid :)sometimes not being satisfied can act like nerves before you play live ...it can bring the best out in you, as your concentration goes into overdrive and new ideas may be born ..even sometimes errors turn fruitful...so stay calm and dont panic, remember time is money in a studio and if the producer gets home after four o clock his wife will leave him and take the kids ,he will lose his home ,car and possibly his job, you dont worry about this just take your time and stay calm Smile hehe good luck mate Wink

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Good luck today Thomas, it is an amazing piece, surprised us both! Razz
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 pm

ROBIN wrote:good luck for tomorrow ,hope it goes well and that would be great if u post the vid :)sometimes not being satisfied can act like nerves before you play live ...it can bring the best out in you, as your concentration goes into overdrive and new ideas may be born ..even sometimes errors turn fruitful...so stay calm and dont panic, remember time is money in a studio and if the producer gets home after four o clock his wife will leave him and take the kids ,he will lose his home ,car and possibly his job, you dont worry about this just take your time and stay calm Smile hehe good luck mate Wink

Klavier wrote:Good luck today Thomas, it is an amazing piece, surprised us both! Razz

Thanks guys Smile Motivating to hear, for sure Smile - It went pretty good Smile I dont think Im able to play it better than what I did so I have to say Im satisfied even if the Interpretation id managed isnt 100% the way I want to play it Smile But Im 99% satisfied so, yeah Smile Ill ad a video here now Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 pm

Waltz in Bb minor - Original Composition ^^

Whats in Youtube Description Box:

This is by far my most complex piece Smile I have worked a lot to create a harmony that is bulletproof, and that assists the melody. Hopefully you'll like it Smile More Info about the piece and the process below.

The piece:
Its a waltz, written in 3/4 as most waltzes/valses are. The key is Bb minor, but I modulate to C# major and also to F major later in the piece. Its basically 3strains in this pattern: AABABACA
Its a slow waltz, and its Not meant to be a danceable piece. Im not creating a title atm, cause I want you to interpretate without being lead somewhere with the title. Might change that opinion one day though.

The Process:
I started in April/Mai 09, and found the first motif pretty fast, even though I used a long time to create the harmony. Its was pretty hard since I dont got to much theoretical knowledge on the area, but I used my ear. And I feel I have managed to create a harmony that is always leading you forward. Also I used a lot of time to create a modulating harmony that not only lead to one modulation, but two modulations.
Also leading back I had to create harmony that supported two modulations til different keys. Its took some time On and Off the piano. Also reading about voice leading etc etc etc

The hardest though, was to Create the C section. I was Very unsure about where I wanted to go with the piece, but It finally resolved about 1month ago. And I decided to not post it until I got it out to a media, or published.

But now, the piece is going to be aired on a local radio station in short time Smile
Thats why I went and did a studio recording of it Smile

I might write more here in a bit, but I think thats it for now Smile
Hope you enjoy Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 pm

I had a big laugh when I saw where you had placed the piano, I cant describe how funny and weird that looked.

The waltz sounded quite relaxing, almost like very late, like the last dance in some kind of old 16-1700's "party", and it was nice ^_^
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:22 am

excellent piece thomas ,very moving ..and i had to agree with victor about the last dance in the 16/1700,s but no one dancing just reminiscing ancient thoughts ..loved the al fresco theme ..it enhanced the melody ..also i wish you well on the airing of this on your radio station ..you probably have to start work composing shortly afterwards Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:10 am

VictorCS wrote:I had a big laugh when I saw where you had placed the piano, I cant describe how funny and weird that looked.

The waltz sounded quite relaxing, almost like very late, like the last dance in some kind of old 16-1700's "party", and it was nice ^_^

Hehe Razz Its a lot nicer in the garden than on my room, haha Smile

Glad to hear you liked it Smile

ROBIN wrote:excellent piece thomas ,very moving ..and i had to agree with victor about the last dance in the 16/1700,s but no one dancing just reminiscing ancient thoughts ..loved the al fresco theme ..it enhanced the melody ..also i wish you well on the airing of this on your radio station ..you probably have to start work composing shortly afterwards Smile

Hi Smile Thank you again Smile
Hehehe, well Im not sure about that Wink But if it happens that I have to start working with composing, then Ill be sure to let you know Smile hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:08 am

I absolutely love the melody in the A section, when you return to it, it protrudes great feelings. You really got your trilling down Mr Thomas and that section was nice to listen to but I really think it did hit off at the C section and was only surpassed by the return to the main melody at the end. Smile

Its absolutely outstanding when you think how long you have played piano and studied composition! Razz

What an inspiration for us people just starting out! study
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Klavier wrote:I absolutely love the melody in the A section, when you return to it, it protrudes great feelings. You really got your trilling down Mr Thomas and that section was nice to listen to but I really think it did hit off at the C section and was only surpassed by the return to the main melody at the end. Smile

Its absolutely outstanding when you think how long you have played piano and studied composition! Razz

What an inspiration for us people just starting out! study

Hi Smile Thanks Smile

Then I have managed to do exactly what I meant based on your comment there Smile
I wanted the A section to be the most special, and not create a B and C section that fought against that,
but instead build around it and supplement the specialness Smile

A section - Bb minor
B section - C# Major
C section - F Major

AABABACA

In this way I feel I build a great foundation of the A section, repeats it in the middle and return in the end.
And then the biggest climax is in the C section, before I calm it down and then reappear at the calm and beautiful A section Smile ... Not 1 single note, chord, direction etc etc are on accident. Its been well thought through, so Its great to hear that what I wanted to deliver is received as I meant it to be received Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Waltz in Bb minor - Original Composition ^^

Whats in Youtube Description Box:

This is by far my most complex piece Smile I have worked a lot to create a harmony that is bulletproof, and that assists the melody. Hopefully you'll like it Smile More Info about the piece and the process below.

The piece:
Its a waltz, written in 3/4 as most waltzes/valses are. The key is Bb minor, but I modulate to C# major and also to F major later in the piece. Its basically 3strains in this pattern: AABABACA
Its a slow waltz, and its Not meant to be a danceable piece. Im not creating a title atm, cause I want you to interpretate without being lead somewhere with the title. Might change that opinion one day though.

The Process:
I started in April/Mai 09, and found the first motif pretty fast, even though I used a long time to create the harmony. Its was pretty hard since I dont got to much theoretical knowledge on the area, but I used my ear. And I feel I have managed to create a harmony that is always leading you forward. Also I used a lot of time to create a modulating harmony that not only lead to one modulation, but two modulations.
Also leading back I had to create harmony that supported two modulations til different keys. Its took some time On and Off the piano. Also reading about voice leading etc etc etc

The hardest though, was to Create the C section. I was Very unsure about where I wanted to go with the piece, but It finally resolved about 1month ago. And I decided to not post it until I got it out to a media, or published.

But now, the piece is going to be aired on a local radio station in short time Smile
Thats why I went and did a studio recording of it Smile

I might write more here in a bit, but I think thats it for now Smile
Hope you enjoy Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:00 pm

News Update:

I have finally tried a Real piano, and it was a Baby Grand Smile
It was in some way very different, but I managed to play okay I guess Razz But it was very different to control the dynamics since the soft was a lot louder than soft is on my own piano Razz hehe

I did a couple of recordings, and I will post a Improvisation later I think. Also I might post a couple more like the Inv No 8, even though i didnt play it at my best.. I didnt have time to record to many times, but Its okay Razz

I also recorded my New Waltz in Bb minor, but after a Perfect Recording, I actually managed to mess up the Very Last note Sad
I cant understand how I managed that, but, hehe... Ill try again another time. Cause I might be getting the keys to the place. Its a local "house" where there are different things going on. And I might be getting a deal, so I can play there from time to time Smile

Ah well, later Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:05 pm

hi thomas ..great to hear you tried out a BGP i would love to have a go ..when no one is around though lol..look forward to your further posts .....hope your deal to play live at your local goes well ..that will give excellent experience ..hehe when you play live ..you will learn to turn your mistakes into improvisations Smile not tht u will make many but accidentals do happen Smile good luck mate

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:38 am

ROBIN wrote:hi thomas ..great to hear you tried out a BGP i would love to have a go ..when no one is around though lol..look forward to your further posts .....hope your deal to play live at your local goes well ..that will give excellent experience ..hehe when you play live ..you will learn to turn your mistakes into improvisations Smile not tht u will make many but accidentals do happen Smile good luck mate

Yeah its a lot of fun Smile I might get a deal, that I can go there whenever its available Smile

Well, its not Live Smile Im going in for a Interview on Monday. And then they will ad a recording, the one I did in the Studio and which are the Audio for the video I made Smile But yeah, I always make mistakes. But not that often when I have perfected a piece, and thats at least good Smile its just that I dont practice perfected pieces enough to keep them at that level, haha.. ah well! .. Tnx!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by zielarz999 Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:37 pm

The last composition is great. I like first melody and later melody in major part. Nice work.

zielarz999
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Length of time playing piano : since ~15-16 August 2008
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 am

zielarz999 wrote:The last composition is great. I like first melody and later melody in major part. Nice work.

Thanks Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 am

Radio Interview with Thomas Andersen (Subtitles)

My Waltz in B flat minor was played on the Radio and I was interviewed as well Smile So I decided to record the show, and ad subtitles to it Smile It was A LOT of work Razz hehe Hopefully youll enjoy it Smile

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:47 pm

WELL DONE THOMAS ...you sound like a PRO already ..very well conducted interview mate ..i am pleased you seem to be on the rung of a ladder that will hopefully take you up so keep climbing and remember "you can take mohammed to a mountain but he still cant wind surf" Smile cya later

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:13 pm

I watched it on Youtube earlier. Its incredibly inspiring when something starting so little can a turn into such a delight. I have every confidence you'll achieve your own personal goals and die (hopefully in many many years) a very happy man. Don't stop composing dude! Razz
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by zielarz999 Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:52 pm

oh. btw. could you give us sheet music of your Bb minor waltz Razz?

zielarz999
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Length of time playing piano : since ~15-16 August 2008
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Piano Competition^^

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by endre Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:25 am

lol, funny.. seen it yesterday evening at your channel.. Smile
You're a funny guy, guess your avatar does you justice, you probably smile a lot Smile

Edit: You made a mistake, first talking of yourself in 3rd person ("Thomas' prelude in F minor"), and then 1st person ("one week of feature on my channel") :p

endre
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 113
Job/hobbies : IT
Length of time playing piano : april 09
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:48 pm

endre wrote:lol, funny.. seen it yesterday evening at your channel.. Smile
You're a funny guy, guess your avatar does you justice, you probably smile a lot Smile

Edit: You made a mistake, first talking of yourself in 3rd person ("Thomas' prelude in F minor"), and then 1st person ("one week of feature on my channel") :p

Hi Smile Thanks a lot Wink

Yeah, I know Smile hehe, I noticed to, but its such a little mistake that I didnt mind it Smile I didnt write i script or anything, just improvised it^^
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by aendym Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Hahaha! Thats grand!!! Looked like you all had a hard time not to laugh!!! Its hillarious!
Do you have the sheet music to that?
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 208
Job/hobbies : Teacher - other than that painting, drawing and being creative
Length of time playing piano : August 2009
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next