Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:38 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
thomandy wrote:Finaly I got to upload it ^_^ The audioquality isnt all that , couse of the static noise! But &$^# happens =)
Hope you Enjoy, its my very first composition. Comment! Your honest opinion, I wont be offended Smile
The recording is loud, so use the volumebutton Wink

Nocturnal Dream

I have to tell you it was worth the waiting. I actually like when there is a pause for effect plus you are right different parts should be separated by some pause.

cheers I really liked it and true enough it was dreamy. So keep up composing Maestro king

Thanks ALOT Maggie flower Really nice of you to say Smile
Then I havnt practiced it for nothing Very Happy:D
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by pianohama on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:39 pm

Okay you wanted my honest opinion; for your first own piece, it was good. It wasn't like *WOW!!!* awesome. But it was a good beginners piece.

Now for some constructive critic so you may improve for your next piece;

The harmony was good, the rhythm was okay. I'd say that you will have to work abit on your melody line. It was a bit to repetetive, and I was kind of waiting for something to happen, you got some variation in nicely when you changed to a higher octave.

Also, was those pauses intended? If it was, I think it would sound alot better without those pauses, but hey, it's your work and your emotions in this piece so I got nothing to say about that part.

One more thing is that I think you're holding down the damper pedal too much, you should practice that a bit...

So in general I'd say you did pretty good for your first piece, considering you haven't played for long also.

I'd give it a 6/10 in other cases, but considering it's your first piece and you haven't played for long, I'd say 9/10.

You're definetly on the right track, keep practicing!
avatar
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:45 pm

pianohama wrote:Okay you wanted my honest opinion; for your first own piece, it was good. It wasn't like *WOW!!!* awesome. But it was a good beginners piece.

Now for some constructive critic so you may improve for your next piece;

The harmony was good, the rhythm was okay. I'd say that you will have to work abit on your melody line. It was a bit to repetetive, and I was kind of waiting for something to happen, you got some variation in nicely when you changed to a higher octave.

Also, was those pauses intended? If it was, I think it would sound alot better without those pauses, but hey, it's your work and your emotions in this piece so I got nothing to say about that part.

One more thing is that I think you're holding down the damper pedal too much, you should practice that a bit...

So in general I'd say you did pretty good for your first piece, considering you haven't played for long also.

I'd give it a 6/10 in other cases, but considering it's your first piece and you haven't played for long, I'd say 9/10.

You're definetly on the right track, keep practicing!

Thanks for a great reply Smile You know the way of giving constructive critic Very Happy And that I appriciate =)
And I agree about the damperpedal!! But it doesnt sound that mooshy of camera Sad Couse I lift it everytime i start a new arpeggio.... But I agree... The pedal is new to me so it probably needs work no matter what Smile

Thanks for the 6/9 /10 =)
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by pianohama on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:55 pm

You're welcome, one more thing is that you should not be afraid to "step out" from harmony sometimes, try adding a passing chromatic tone, it will increase its dramatic feeling by 100% I promise Very Happy

So for example if your playing from G major to A minor, you play G Major -> G# Diminished(Just raise the G from the G Major) -> A Minor.
avatar
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:01 pm

pianohama wrote:You're welcome, one more thing is that you should not be afraid to "step out" from harmony sometimes, try adding a passing chromatic tone, it will increase its dramatic feeling by 100% I promise Very Happy

So for example if your playing from G major to A minor, you play G Major -> G# Diminished(Just raise the G from the G Major) -> A Minor.

Okay, I really dont understand anything there Wink Haha... Havnt read about harmony, I just sat down and started to improvise the tunes. But I plan to learn harmony sometime, quite soon maby, then maby Ill understand more of what you just said Smile
Diminished is also a word I dont remember what means, that and agumented Razz
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by pianohama on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:07 pm

Try playing this and you will understand what I mean

play g major (G B D), then sharp the G and you'll get G# B D (G# Dim chord) and then an A minor, play those 3 chords after each other
avatar
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by maggiekedves on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:08 pm

thomandy wrote:
pianohama wrote:You're welcome, one more thing is that you should not be afraid to "step out" from harmony sometimes, try adding a passing chromatic tone, it will increase its dramatic feeling by 100% I promise Very Happy

So for example if your playing from G major to A minor, you play G Major -> G# Diminished(Just raise the G from the G Major) -> A Minor.

Okay, I really dont understand anything there Wink Haha... Havnt read about harmony, I just sat down and started to improvise the tunes. But I plan to learn harmony sometime, quite soon maby, then maby Ill understand more of what you just said Smile
Diminished is also a word I dont remember what means, that and agumented Razz

I posted a video in the General section where the guy is teaching a Xmas song and tells all about how you create diminished and augmented and stuff... maybe it is worth to check it out.
But I also need to learn these stuff... I might post something about it as soon as I understand them lol!
avatar
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 117
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:08 pm

pianohama wrote:Try playing this and you will understand what I mean

play g major (G B D), then sharp the G and you'll get G# B D (G# Dim chord) and then an A minor, play those 3 chords after each other

Okay, Ill try Smile Tnx
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:09 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
I posted a video in the General section where the guy is teaching a Xmas song and tells all about how you create diminished and augmented and stuff... maybe it is worth to check it out.
But I also need to learn these stuff... I might post something about it as soon as I understand them lol!

Ill go check it out Smile Tnx
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Phobik2000 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:00 pm

Nice job thomandy, it is a fine piece. All the rest overs have said, just practice on Wink
avatar
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Location : Uk
Job/hobbies : IT
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:03 pm

Phobik2000 wrote:Nice job thomandy, it is a fine piece. All the rest overs have said, just practice on Wink

Thanks Smile Ill do that, hehe =)
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:42 am

thomandy wrote:Finaly I got to upload it ^_^ The audioquality isnt all that , couse of the static noise! But &$^# happens =)
Hope you Enjoy, its my very first composition. Comment! Your honest opinion, I wont be offended Smile
The recording is loud, so use the volumebutton Wink

Nocturnal Dream


Uploaded again but with more athmosfare(less light) And a dreamy sound =)
After little critic on the pauses, I tryed to shorten them down... And now I got a smoother verson I think.
At 1.35 I push just a tad to hard, and then a different sound appear, but I know... =)

avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by VictorCS on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:54 am

The weird 52 to 55 sound is gone in the "dream" version, I think it was something in my head...

Fare should be sphere
avatar
VictorCS
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 944
Location : Norway
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by maggiekedves on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:04 am

thomandy wrote:

Uploaded again but with more athmosfare(less light) And a dreamy sound =)
After little critic on the pauses, I tryed to shorten them down... And now I got a smoother verson I think.
At 1.35 I push just a tad to hard, and then a different sound appear, but I know... =)


I love the ambiance and let me tell you the stabilization of the camera made it more professional cheers
Without the longer pauses it had more flow but less recognizable with the part... but I still like it a lot.
Oh and I forgot to tell the opening picture with the title is great sunny
avatar
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 117
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:17 am

maggiekedves wrote:
I love the ambiance and let me tell you the stabilization of the camera made it more professional cheers
Without the longer pauses it had more flow but less recognizable with the part... but I still like it a lot.
Oh and I forgot to tell the opening picture with the title is great sunny

Thanks again Smile So nice of you sunny
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by zeroflash on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:42 am

Hi Thomas!! That was very creative. Very Happy I'm not that into technical stuff with music. I must say it's really something unique what you just did. ^_~ I like it!

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 54
Age : 37
Location : Manila, Philippines
Job/hobbies : Technical support, Customer Service, Playing the Piano, video games, books, computers/int
Length of time playing piano : around 2 years total. :)
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-15

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/zeroflashx2

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:46 am

zeroflash wrote:Hi Thomas!! That was very creative. Very Happy I'm not that into technical stuff with music. I must say it's really something unique what you just did. ^_~ I like it!

Hi zeroflash =) You dont have to be into technical stuff to enjoy music, its you hart that decides what you like or not Very Happy
And It is really nice for me to hear you say that sunny Thanks ALOT Very Happy
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Admin Andrew on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:16 am

Hey Thomas, i REALLY liked your song, it was GREAT for a first composition! VERY VERY GOOD! I loved your chord progression, and the little rests at the end of every phrase were very interesting to listen and wait for!

Thanks for posting and sharing it with us! ^_^

my heart was liking your song and that's all that matters right! sunny

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."


Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
avatar
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 30
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

View user profile http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:20 am

Admin Andrew wrote:Hey Thomas, i REALLY liked your song, it was GREAT for a first composition! VERY VERY GOOD! I loved your chord progression, and the little rests at the end of every phrase were very interesting to listen and wait for!

Thanks for posting and sharing it with us! ^_^

my heart was liking your song and that's all that matters right! sunny

That is All that matters I love you
And thanks to you to, very nice to hear those words from you sunny
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by g0tfish on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:30 am

rawr! and i missed out on these! well i dunt wanna list all the songs u played here so... ALL of the music u posted here were greatly played.. i liked the canon (pop? version) sounds nice and since its been pointed out i wont say anything further.. but when i saw the original easy version u played.. thats the exact same one i learned. =] but anyway
go THOMAS! cheers
avatar
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Currently unemployed, Car/mechanic, piano, sleeping and eating
Length of time playing piano : owned a keyboard since little with no experience until now
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Fri May 02, 2008 4:46 pm

g0tfish wrote:rawr! and i missed out on these! well i dunt wanna list all the songs u played here so... ALL of the music u posted here were greatly played.. i liked the canon (pop? version) sounds nice and since its been pointed out i wont say anything further.. but when i saw the original easy version u played.. thats the exact same one i learned. =] but anyway
go THOMAS! cheers

Thanks alot Very Happy Very nice of you to say so Smile
Actually the "pop" verson and the slow verson is axactly the same, but in the faster verson on keyboard, I play at 120, and the slow is round 70. It is a nice verson Smile
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Casyopea on Sat May 03, 2008 6:18 am

Hey, Thomas, I just dropped by today with more time, I hadn't seen your performance yet, been busy with work, etc. And here I am on Saturday morning at 8 a. m. dreaming... Smile I loved your composition, especially the second version. Keep them coming! cheers
avatar
Casyopea
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 102
Location : Spain
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile http://es.youtube.com/user/casyopea1977

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Sat May 03, 2008 8:22 am

Casyopea wrote:Hey, Thomas, I just dropped by today with more time, I hadn't seen your performance yet, been busy with work, etc. And here I am on Saturday morning at 8 a. m. dreaming... Smile I loved your composition, especially the second version. Keep them coming! cheers

Thanks alot Very Happy Glad my song could make you dream a bit today Wink
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy on Sat May 10, 2008 2:43 am

Finally a managed to complete a recording that i am satiesfied with! Very Happy
Its of course not pro, but Im not either so thats okay Wink

Started to learn this song 2 months ago, and been practicing on and of. =)

You might notice two strange glitches, think my camera is messed up somehow, but the sound isnt affected... So I dont mind them... -)

Für Elise - Ludvig van Beethoven


If you want to, you can comment on youtube aswell, since I never get any comments there, hahaha pig


Last edited by thomandy on Sat May 10, 2008 5:46 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 32
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Phobik2000 on Sat May 10, 2008 5:30 am

You kinda rushed it in a few spots, which you can probably notice yourself easy Wink

Nice playing though cheers
avatar
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Location : Uk
Job/hobbies : IT
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum