Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 3 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Thomandy Sat May 10, 2008 5:34 am

Phobik2000 wrote:You kinda rushed it in a few spots, which you can probably notice yourself easy Wink

Nice playing though cheers

Tell me where I rush please Smile
Im playing the whole piece at a slower tempo(130ish) than originally(150ish), maby it feels so because I play it like that? And in the middle theme I turn up the tempo(140ish), and then go back down in the endtheme... Well, that was my intention.
The third solo, is the one I feel I maby rush, but still it sounds clear enough. The camera mushes it a bit. It sound clearer of camera, but I dont mind that =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 3 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by VictorCS Sat May 10, 2008 8:50 am

Overall good performance. Nothing to complain about.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 10, 2008 11:47 am

VictorCS wrote:Overall good performance. Nothing to complain about.

Hehe, tnx Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sat May 10, 2008 12:02 pm

It was great! But I feel that you should upload it in the correct tempo though, some parts are to slow in my opinion.. And some are to fast.. but thats just me I guess
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 10, 2008 12:21 pm

pianohama wrote:It was great! But I feel that you should upload it in the correct tempo though, some parts are to slow in my opinion.. And some are to fast.. but thats just me I guess

Thanks, glad you though that Smile
And about the tempo, I guess that is a matter of taste. I have seen so many on youtube who play it at 148, and I dont like them... But, I know I can do a good and emotional(i hope/think) at a 140ish-tempo... I have got a "good" faster verson recorded, but I think it sound "cold" without emotions. I dont know... But, maby Ill practice a bit with the metronome, to make it sound good at 140+/- ... And maby same tempo on the Theme, first, second and last part is better? Rather than playing it a bit faster in the middelsection?! Hm... A well, I wont stop playing this piece =) And I am satiesfied For Now at least Very Happy Im almost more glad I culd record, finally, without messing totally up Razz Camcorder affects my playing Sad
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Sat May 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Bravo!! well played.

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 122
Job/hobbies : Student/Gaming, Piano, Programming
Length of time playing piano : Since Feb. 08
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm

thomandy wrote:
Phobik2000 wrote:You kinda rushed it in a few spots, which you can probably notice yourself easy Wink

Nice playing though cheers

Tell me where I rush please Smile
Im playing the whole piece at a slower tempo(130ish) than originally(150ish), maby it feels so because I play it like that? And in the middle theme I turn up the tempo(140ish), and then go back down in the endtheme... Well, that was my intention.
The third solo, is the one I feel I maby rush, but still it sounds clear enough. The camera mushes it a bit. It sound clearer of camera, but I dont mind that =)

It must have been those tempo variations then What a Face
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Sat May 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Nicely played Wink
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Phobik2000 wrote:
It must have been those tempo variations then What a Face

Hehe, I dont know Razz Ill look closer into it Wink

Phi wrote:Bravo!! well played.

Tnx Phi Very Happy

CripKilla wrote:Nicely played Wink

Thanks CripKilla Very Happy

It fun to hear that you guys liked it Smile And of course I know its not on spot all the time, but still it is fun to upload when so many of you comment Smile Im not affraid of critic either if there is some, as long as it is constructive Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue May 13, 2008 3:16 am

Youtube: "We are currently performing site maintenance. Be cool - we'll be back 100% in a bit."
Thats why my new fur elise isnt here Evil or Very Mad

But I will get it up soon. It is a faster version than the one allready up here. Wanted to try that out aswell..
Satisefied, I think my solos are better in this one. But, also I could slow down the theme a little maby, but it is below 148 still.
Well, give me feedback as you wish. Tell me wich one you liked best at least?! Smile

Stay tuned Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue May 13, 2008 7:19 am

First my already uploaded video, the slower version.
And second my new recording, wich is faster and with better solos?!

Btw; The sound IS better. My camera dosnt pick up the sound as good as I would hope. =)

1: Für Elise - Ludvig van Beethoven (added 9. mai)

2: Für Elise - Ludvig van Beethoven

Last edited by thomandy on Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Tue May 13, 2008 12:30 pm

thomandy wrote:First my already uploaded video, the slower version.
And my new recording, wich is faster and with better solos?!

2: Für Elise - Ludvig van Beethoven

Awesome!
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 3 Empty MY break down of Thomas's Fur Elise

Post by Admin Andrew Tue May 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey Thomas!

I just finished watching both takes of fur elise! I'm going to break it up into sections of Good and Bad so you can look through what you like.

The Bad/Advice:
Keep in mind that you're new at this, so just the fact that you can even play it is amazing, but you have not come close to mastering it YET (you will eventually, just not yet)
The one part in the main theme (slower famous part) that needs work is the jumping and leaping E's that go up the piano. When you play that section you need to make the first two E's just the same rhythm as the ones after it, but I saw a consistent pause between the first two E's You've GOT TO fix this, you can do that by practsing jumping from E to the Next E with your 5th finger. Do it until you can get there in less than a second and without looking. Next part that needs work is 1:15-1:25 (in the second video) It's MUCH to unsteady and really makes you look amature. The problem is you rush WAY to much, and it doesn't look good at all. You'd be better off to go slower. But the best piece of advice I can give you is instead of trying to MAKE the passage work. Think of riding a horse. Just ride it. Let your fingers pull you through it and try not to blast off on a rocket when you get to that section. This should help make that section more steady and under control, which it DESPERATELY needs. Try to keep things light and relaxed. think "this is easy" and it will help! Cause you'll play it like it's easier instead of like it's the most massively difficult thing ever! The next thing that needs work starts at 1:58, it's mainly the LH it's WAY to loud, and you're hitting it with the same finger, AND there are to many of them, you need to go slowly over that part again with a metronome and make sure you get them right. The LH should be quite and sort of mysterious in that section AND very very steady and rhythmic. While you're doing this the RH should start very soft and mysterious as well, but GROW big (but NOT banging) then when it reverts back to the theme again drop down softly again. When that LH repeated note section ends, take your time, enjoy the moment, make it BEAUTIFUL, then when the quick arpeggio section starts. Don't start to quick, think of yourself 'warming up' for the first bar, so start slightly slower and then warm up to your target speed (which shouldn't be TOO fast) Keep things sounding lovely and dreamy not to harsh. Remember this was written as a love song for a woman. So obviously Beethoven was trying to seduce her not scare her off Smile

I know I wrote alot but please don't take it badly Smile you actually did very good. These are things you just need to work on to be playing it at the level you'd need to be playing it acceptable. Now, read the Good down below! And drink it all in because i'm being honest! Part of being a good pianist is hearing the bad and learning from it, and enjoying the good and learning from it Wink

The Good:
The Main theme at the beginning was VERY calm and had the great feeling you needed to have in this song. The pedaling overall sounded good and not too blurry. In the main theme you had a good rhythm and nice dynamics. The piece looked mainly secure, and your hands looked very fluid. The ending was GORGEOUS! I was impressed at the command you showed over the piano for such a short time playing! You've got a future in piano for sure! (I wrote less here because I didn't have to give you advice on how to get it better since it was already correct)

Overall it was very good! I'd give you a score of 6.5 out of 10 at the moment I consider 6 a pass Smile Practise it a while longer and fix those spots Smile and you should have yourself a VERY good piece! I'd also look up famous pianists playing the piece and listen for how they played those spots i mentioned. Those would be good examples/ guidlines to follow!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue May 13, 2008 10:26 pm

I have been waiting for you to reply, and this was a really great response. I must thank you for the time, its just awsome Smile
And I clearly agree with you on all the points. And as you say, practice and more practice. I will take this and use it to improve the piece =)

I must say also, that I started learning this piece 2 months ago, but I havnt played it in 2-3 weeks, befor last week, and just som days to brush it up. I will make a recording when I feel I can get a higher score from you. I am satiesfied at the moment with 6.5 Very Happy Thats cool! =)

Hope as you say that I got a future conserning the piano, and that this good start dosnt freeze. I want to progress all the time. =) hehe
I am very patient, and stubbern about mastering things. That will come in handy.

Tnx again Smile Loved your comment, and response Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue May 13, 2008 10:31 pm

Admin Andrew wrote: The next thing that needs work starts at 1:58, it's mainly the LH it's WAY to loud, and you're hitting it with the same finger The LH should be quite and sort of mysterious in that section AND very very steady and rhythmic.

The camera is over the left speeker, so the righthand gets lower in volume, and the lefthand gets louder.
Becaus I try hard at keeping it as you sey, mysterious. But im going to practice more on that as well Very Happy
But when you mentions it, I see that I hit way to many times Sad Damn Razz
And dont got the 1,2,3 fingerthing right yet. Im practicing it, but its way to unstedy. =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Tue May 13, 2008 10:52 pm

Nice vid, your solos was much better. You need to work on the dynamics a bit though(or was it just the video?). Also you need to work on the speed on that bit from 1:08 to 1:18.

Good job overall (Y) Very Happy
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 pm

pianohama wrote:Nice vid, your solos was much better. You need to work on the dynamics a bit though(or was it just the video?). Also you need to work on the speed on that bit from 1:08 to 1:18.

Good job overall (Y) Very Happy

Tnx Very Happy

Do you meen go go slower at 108-118, or faster? Couse I can go fast, but prefer to do it slower. And as andrew said, I also need to go slower on the 118+. Yup, you are probably right aboyt the dynamics. It isnt on spot yet, but give me a couple of weeks Wink hehe Smile Tnx for commenting =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sat May 17, 2008 5:20 am

I think Andrew addressed what I meant by the rushing pretty well Wink
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 17, 2008 5:53 am

Phobik2000 wrote:I think Andrew addressed what I meant by the rushing pretty well Wink

But you commented on the first video, he commented mainly on the second, the new recording. In the first video I just play to slow, and the notes value is all messed up. Razz But I guess you meant I rush the first solo?! Couse then I agree with you Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat May 17, 2008 4:46 pm

That was REALLY good. I loved your interpretation and Andrew couldn't of said it better in that constructive criticism comment he posted above. I'm really impressed man, honestly.

You've been playing for 3 months and you've learned a grade 6-7 piece, which is VERY good effort. There's still a lot for you to learn in the piece like Andrew stated but after a while you'll be able to play it beautifully.

The only thing that I have to say to you is to try and stick with pieces on YOUR level, unless you're ready to practice for weeks. When a pianist first starts to play piano and tries to encounter a piece thats very difficult, it'll probably take a long time before they can play it correctly, whereas an easier piece fitted for their playing wouldn't take such a long time to learn.

If you jump start to harder pieces when you don't have the technique to play them correctly you'll get stressed out and eventually give up on them until you get better. Regardless if you've only been playing for such a short time, you can still learn harder pieces like Fur Elise, and you played it VERY well! Just be careful on harder pieces that you might want to play and keep in mind that you're still learning! And yeah, I know how much you want to play stuff by Liszt, harder pieces from Mozart, pieces by Rachmaninoff, and others, but you'll eventually get there if you stick with your grade level until you know that you can advance and continue to a higher grade. Remember, it's like climbing a mountain, you're not going to reach the summit without climbing your way up.Smile

Other then that, bravo!!
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat May 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Yeah, I fulle understand what you are saying Jordan Very Happy
And thank alot taking the time Smile Really glad you laked it aswell.
And Fur Elise is the only real hard piece I have tryed, and I am learnig easyer pieces at the same time. I have only been doing Fur Elise for 2 months, where 3 weeks wasnt practice on it. =)

But Im trying to stick with lower graded pieces. I have learned Ecossaise by Beethoven and The easy Entertainer + Victors Pianosolo and now starting Yann Tiersen - Comptine. Dont know the grades so I just start by looking how hard it mught be And if it is a little different in construction so I allways learn somthin new. =)

Thanks for the advice. Ill try to live by it, but I cant promise Wink hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sun May 18, 2008 1:05 am

thomandy wrote:
Phobik2000 wrote:I think Andrew addressed what I meant by the rushing pretty well Wink

But you commented on the first video, he commented mainly on the second, the new recording. In the first video I just play to slow, and the notes value is all messed up. Razz But I guess you meant I rush the first solo?! Couse then I agree with you Smile

Yes, I meant when you rushed too fast away from the overall pace of the piece. Like Andrew said, I believe it's meant to be slow and smooth rather then fast and scary Wink
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun May 18, 2008 2:21 am

Phobik2000 wrote:
thomandy wrote:

Yes, I meant when you rushed too fast away from the overall pace of the piece. Like Andrew said, I believe it's meant to be slow and smooth rather then fast and scary Wink
s,
Hehe, yeah thats true =) But still its 32notes, instead of the regular 16notes, so I must find a way to play it smother the first solo. So that it dosnt sound rushed, but still is faster! But Im there now. Ill post a new vid in some days, the things Andrew mentioned is fixed Very Happy And then I hope you also can say weather its more to your liking Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sun May 18, 2008 2:46 am

thomandy wrote:
Phobik2000 wrote:
thomandy wrote:

s,
Hehe, yeah thats true =) But still its 32notes, instead of the regular 16notes, so I must find a way to play it smother the first solo. So that it dosnt sound rushed, but still is faster! But Im there now. Ill post a new vid in some days, the things Andrew mentioned is fixed Very Happy And then I hope you also can say weather its more to your liking Smile

I'm flatered you value my humble opinion that much king
But it's not really a matter of taste, rather *MY* impression on the overall performance, from, say, an audience-like point of view. So i'll be glad to share my thoughts geek
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed May 21, 2008 2:20 am

Well, Im back with a new piece. It is a beautyfull, and happy piece by Beethoven.
Dont know the op. But it is an: Ecossaise

Because of Pianohamas great help I got to record directly to the pc. Tnx Pianohama Smile

Then I converted it from wav to mp3 and synced with the video in Moviemaker Very Happy
Hope you enjoy Smile

Ecossaise - Ludvig van Beethoven
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next