Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of the update? March 25th 2009

+3
VictorCS
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
7 posters

Go down

What do you think of the update? March 25th 2009 Empty What do you think of the update? March 25th 2009

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Hey Guys, I was just wondering what you guys thought of the changes to the forum. Good or bad?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the update? March 25th 2009 Empty Re: What do you think of the update? March 25th 2009

Post by maggiekedves Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:10 am

I like it Smile good ideas there Smile
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the update? March 25th 2009 Empty Re: What do you think of the update? March 25th 2009

Post by VictorCS Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:44 am

It's ok study
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Aigle Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:44 pm

I like the margines especially that thing that shows the latest topics , but why isn't anyone on the chatbox it is really rare to catch someone to talk with Crying or Very sad
Aigle
Aigle
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 67
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:06 pm

It's pretty good. Considering that I have seen alot of bad thing on ANY forums that I have joined(mostly video games forums) such as:

No powerhungry moderaters
No locked topics everywhere you see
No cuss words on every topic you post
No flaming on every single different opinion you have

All of the above means.......Best piano forum/forum site in my opinion Very Happy
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Like the changes Smile

One thing I did notice was the Guru System and if its like I think it is its kind of weak?!

Is it like this:
Only the topic-creatior can give away a guru-point to ONE person that has replied/helped it his topic?

So if more people help but the point is already given away, he/she cant give away a "thanks" in form of guru-points cause its already been done!

Lets say if one ask something in a Topic that is created by someone else, and get some good help on the question... Then that person wont be able to give away guru-point right?

And then again, I understand that at least, now when the system is like it is no one can abuse the guru-point-system by giving away lots and lots of points, but still I think its a bit weak?!

Or am I wrong or have I misunderstood the system?! Smile

But, I like the changes. Also the multi-quote is great cause I tend to copy and paste 2-3 times and moving back and forth in post to create a one-post with several quotes Smile Now thats a lot easier Smile
And very cool Portal Smile

I saw that you could post videos there! Can I make a suggestion: What about a weekly-ish feature of one of your favorite youtube-videos there?? Smile That would be cool, then you could sort of share some good videos, unless thats a lot of work. But I guess its only a copy/past - link thing?! Smile Ahwell, just a though Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 pm

Thomandy wrote:Like the changes Smile

One thing I did notice was the Guru System and if its like I think it is its kind of weak?!

Is it like this:
Only the topic-creatior can give away a guru-point to ONE person that has replied/helped it his topic?

So if more people help but the point is already given away, he/she cant give away a "thanks" in form of guru-points cause its already been done!

Lets say if one ask something in a Topic that is created by someone else, and get some good help on the question... Then that person wont be able to give away guru-point right?

And then again, I understand that at least, now when the system is like it is no one can abuse the guru-point-system by giving away lots and lots of points, but still I think its a bit weak?!

Or am I wrong or have I misunderstood the system?! Smile

But, I like the changes. Also the multi-quote is great cause I tend to copy and paste 2-3 times and moving back and forth in post to create a one-post with several quotes Smile Now thats a lot easier Smile
And very cool Portal Smile

I saw that you could post videos there! Can I make a suggestion: What about a weekly-ish feature of one of your favorite youtube-videos there?? Smile That would be cool, then you could sort of share some good videos, unless thats a lot of work. But I guess its only a copy/past - link thing?! Smile Ahwell, just a though Smile

Well I'm not sure I understand how the system works perfectly myself. From what I can tell, you can only say "thanks" to someone if you've posted in that topic. But you're free to rate with a + or a - a comment. the + gives that person 1 point the - takes one away and thanks gives you +3 points.

Yea about posting the videos, i used a custom HTML player to configure that. What I could do is make another custom player and add another box maybe at the top right or top left with the featured video of the week or something and then change the playlist based on the feature. How's that sound?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:56 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
Well I'm not sure I understand how the system works perfectly myself. From what I can tell, you can only say "thanks" to someone if you've posted in that topic. But you're free to rate with a + or a - a comment. the + gives that person 1 point the - takes one away and thanks gives you +3 points.

Yea about posting the videos, i used a custom HTML player to configure that. What I could do is make another custom player and add another box maybe at the top right or top left with the featured video of the week or something and then change the playlist based on the feature. How's that sound?

Okay. I see. Cause in my Injuries and Itches topic I wanted to give out a thanks to all 3 who had answerd and helped inkl you. But when I had given you a thanks, the option wasnt available anymore, so the other two who also had helped with a nice answer didnt get their earned thanks Smile
And even if I have answered or participated in a topic started by someone else, I dont got the Thanks-button up there Smile So from what I can tell, one can atm only give out one thanks in a topic created by yourselfe Smile

Yeah, sounds cool. It dosnt have to be the same size as your videos, it could be a small window or something, but yeah it was only a suggestion so only do it of it sounded cool Smile

EDIT:
Yeah, I see the feature vid now Smile Looks great Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:23 pm

I dont see that Guru system at all, I never seen any signs like - + or thanks... where should it be?
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:08 pm

maggiekedves wrote:I dont see that Guru system at all, I never seen any signs like - + or thanks... where should it be?

Look at all the information on the right hand side with your picture there. Now look under the text there should be a Guru points: thing there.

The rating system has a + or a - placed vertically on the left hand side of your picture. The thanks button is up with the "quote and edit" buttons
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MLundegaard Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:I dont see that Guru system at all, I never seen any signs like - + or thanks... where should it be?

Look at all the information on the right hand side with your picture there. Now look under the text there should be a Guru points: thing there.

The rating system has a + or a - placed vertically on the left hand side of your picture. The thanks button is up with the "quote and edit" buttons

I cannot see the rating-signs neither - or the thanks sign. Here is a screenshot:
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/r193764b8703.JPG

And then another question... Why is the URL of the forum called "afpa.hooxs.com"? I think you would get way more visitors, if it was called something like "pianoforum.com", "howtoplaypiano.ca/forum" or so.

MLundegaard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://mlundegaard.wep.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:51 pm

I agree, i probably would get more visiters if i changed the address. I've been thinking about it, but all the good piano forum addresses are taken.

Problem is I can't use my how to play piano.ca adress since this forum is hosted by another site. and my name servers already point to my own website.

the rating system won't show up to you until you have a guru point total of at least 2. this is to prevent people from making a bunch of new accounts and voting for themselves Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MLundegaard Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:the rating system won't show up to you until you have a guru point total of at least 2. this is to prevent people from making a bunch of new accounts and voting for themselves Smile

This is very smart!

MLundegaard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-26

http://mlundegaard.wep.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down