Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunch of questions

2 posters

Go down

Bunch of questions Empty Bunch of questions

Post by unluckyfingers Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Lets say I get home from work and I wash up, head for the piano. Before I dive into sheet music should I practice anything. After I learn a song well enough can you apply them to any scale. When reading sheet music should I be thinking of notes or finger distance and dirrction from the next key octave... I ve only been playing for a couple weeks and just started to learn fur elise, after someone gave that link to the primer and beginer level sheeted songs. It had easier versions and then each stage they added songs and a harder version of a previous song. I got ode to joy down pat pretty fun song. OH and hmmm one more question, anyone have sheet music to Yasashii Kokoro I enjoy this piano song and would like to attempt to learn it. ... Ha! Another one, If a note on a line is said to be flat or sharp does it stay that way the whole time till the note says it is a natural or comes to the end ofa bar. SOmetiems when im reading im confused if the flats or sharps are continuing. Sometiems though each note is listed as what its supposed to be. -.-' confusion!

unluckyfingers
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Mechanical Contractor
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Bunch of questions Empty Re: Bunch of questions

Post by maggiekedves Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:09 am

unluckyfingers wrote:OH and hmmm one more question,
Where was the previous question?? I dont seem to find it...

unluckyfingers wrote:anyone have sheet music to Yasashii Kokoro
Sorry never heard of it

unluckyfingers wrote:Ha! Another one, If a note on a line is said to be flat or sharp does it stay that way the whole time till the note says it is a natural or comes to the end ofa bar.
It is usually valid until the end of the bar, the note displayed with a natural sign indeed return to its original value. I know it is a little bit cheating but I usually mark my sheet music to remind me of the flats and sharps which doesnt appear to be one. Smile
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Bunch of questions Empty Oh!

Post by unluckyfingers Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:17 am

Well I see, hmm evil sheet music, lol. If im playinga song froam sheet I havent heard I cant tell if it sounds the way it is meant, then you find it somewhere and you relise flats and sharps and ack their continous most of the time, er some of the time. Thanks though for clearing that up I think ill mark up up the sheets. Sigh noone has the sheet music to that...

unluckyfingers
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Mechanical Contractor
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Bunch of questions Empty Re: Bunch of questions

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down