Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loud powerful notes ok, but problems with soft tones

3 posters

Go down

Loud powerful notes ok, but problems with soft tones Empty Loud powerful notes ok, but problems with soft tones

Post by pianohama Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 am

Ok here's my problem. I can't do soft tones without sounding like crap, lol.

I'm using an airy neutral sound for my soft tones however, my voice connects and disconnects so it goes from airy to nonairy constantly on the soft tones, and that makes it sound unsmooth.

What should I do about this?
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Loud powerful notes ok, but problems with soft tones Empty Re: Loud powerful notes ok, but problems with soft tones

Post by Caitlyn Voice Major Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:58 am

hey,
hmmmmm maybe try not to do it so that it's too breathy, first learn how to do it softly but with a proper unairy sound to it, because when your singing properly it isnt airy. After you get that down you will realize how to turn on and off the breathy part of your sound. keep your self open, even when singing quietly, and softly you need to be open and you will have a crazy amount of control. Just use your diaphragm more when you sing loudly or softly it's super important.
Also you could possibly be singing from your throat which leaves you with very little control so try to make sure that your using your diaphragm, and resonating chambers in your nose area and back of the head if that makes any sense.
Sorry if im not making too much sense, i had final exams all week and I am in much need of sleep.
Caitlyn Voice Major
Caitlyn Voice Major
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Beginners Vocal Instructor/ Full Time Music Student
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Loud powerful notes ok, but problems with soft tones Empty Re: Loud powerful notes ok, but problems with soft tones

Post by Sparrow Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:51 am

If my choir director read this, I know exactly what she'd say. "YOU'RE NOT BREATHING!!!" I don't know if that helps any, its just what gets yelled across the choir room a lot....

Sparrow
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : music in general, especially piano and singing; art, my favorite is scratch art
Length of time playing piano : Since i was five, so twelve years, but only nine years of lessons
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Sparrow wrote:If my choir director read this, I know exactly what she'd say. "YOU'RE NOT BREATHING!!!" I don't know if that helps any, its just what gets yelled across the choir room a lot....

Wow, that is riddiculous, not you, but your choird director. Ofcourse Im breathing or I'd faint, lol!
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down