Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Hm... ?? Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Thomandy wrote:Hm... ?? Razz

Wuh oh! Have you seen my posts Shocked ?? I posted last night and when I came to check the forum just now they seem to have magically disappeared!!! If you FIND them lurking around OTHER topics, could you PLEASE inform them to return to "angela and thomas's music discussion???" Thank you very KINDLY!!!! Laughing

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Hm... ?? Razz

Wuh oh! Have you seen my posts Shocked ?? I posted last night and when I came to check the forum just now they seem to have magically disappeared!!! If you FIND them lurking around OTHER topics, could you PLEASE inform them to return to "angela and thomas's music discussion???" Thank you very KINDLY!!!! Laughing

Hi Smile I actually posted a notification as a moderator in another topic, the forumissuetopic down belowe saying that all postst between last day about 24hours ago untill today are gone, and it seam like they wont come back!! So nope, havnt seen any of your posts I saw that you posted but there where 3 Blank posts from you, thats why I did thet "Hm.. ??" since there where only blank posts. All the topics where struck, and there was no posibility to enter any topics for a short periof today. But it all seams to work now! To bad, hope you repost then Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Hm... ?? Razz

Wuh oh! Have you seen my posts Shocked ?? I posted last night and when I came to check the forum just now they seem to have magically disappeared!!! If you FIND them lurking around OTHER topics, could you PLEASE inform them to return to "angela and thomas's music discussion???" Thank you very KINDLY!!!! Laughing

Hi Smile I actually posted a notification as a moderator in another topic, the forumissuetopic down belowe saying that all postst between last day about 24hours ago untill today are gone, and it seam like they wont come back!! So nope, havnt seen any of your posts I saw that you posted but there where 3 Blank posts from you, thats why I did thet "Hm.. ??" since there where only blank posts. All the topics where struck, and there was no posibility to enter any topics for a short periof today. But it all seams to work now! To bad, hope you repost then Smile


...... Shocked ....... hmmmm. it's been a while hasn't it?? I almost forgot my password to get into my account. Ya know you've been away for a long time WHEN..... but THIS time I sure hope my post doesn't MAGICALLY escape like my LAST ones! haha! How are your piano pieces goin? I hardly have any classes this semester so i have a LOT of practise time! I have to play in masterclass tomorrow.... again. My teacher always likes me to play every week since he knows I always have something ready:) He is still as weird as ever though. During the past movement of my Brahms, he said the ending sounded to "beautiful." I was like Suspect Shocked ?? What? Is that bad? the strange thing is he always nags me about beautiful sound. NOW that I finally got one he's like "no. I don't want that affraid " But I guess I'd rather sound TOO beautiful for his liking than not beautiful enough! hahaha! So what you been working on? More ragtime I see???

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:43 am

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Hm... ?? Razz

Wuh oh! Have you seen my posts Shocked ?? I posted last night and when I came to check the forum just now they seem to have magically disappeared!!! If you FIND them lurking around OTHER topics, could you PLEASE inform them to return to "angela and thomas's music discussion???" Thank you very KINDLY!!!! Laughing

Hi Smile I actually posted a notification as a moderator in another topic, the forumissuetopic down belowe saying that all postst between last day about 24hours ago untill today are gone, and it seam like they wont come back!! So nope, havnt seen any of your posts I saw that you posted but there where 3 Blank posts from you, thats why I did thet "Hm.. ??" since there where only blank posts. All the topics where struck, and there was no posibility to enter any topics for a short periof today. But it all seams to work now! To bad, hope you repost then Smile


...... Shocked ....... hmmmm. it's been a while hasn't it?? I almost forgot my password to get into my account. Ya know you've been away for a long time WHEN..... but THIS time I sure hope my post doesn't MAGICALLY escape like my LAST ones! haha! How are your piano pieces goin? I hardly have any classes this semester so i have a LOT of practise time! I have to play in masterclass tomorrow.... again. My teacher always likes me to play every week since he knows I always have something ready:) He is still as weird as ever though. During the past movement of my Brahms, he said the ending sounded to "beautiful." I was like Suspect Shocked ?? What? Is that bad? the strange thing is he always nags me about beautiful sound. NOW that I finally got one he's like "no. I don't want that affraid " But I guess I'd rather sound TOO beautiful for his liking than not beautiful enough! hahaha! So what you been working on? More ragtime I see???

Yeah, its been a long time Smile hehe...

Hm, TO beautiful?? Id take that as a compliment, I wasnt sure that anything could be to beautiful Razz
But then its Great that you have lots of practicetime then Smile

Well, I have improved a lot I think. I composed this Rag. Ill make a link/vid here, to it, if you havnt seen it.
Andrew like it a lot it seamed, based on the Great compliments he gave me sunny

Here it is:

Silver Bullet Rag - by me Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:23 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Hm... ?? Razz

Wuh oh! Have you seen my posts Shocked ?? I posted last night and when I came to check the forum just now they seem to have magically disappeared!!! If you FIND them lurking around OTHER topics, could you PLEASE inform them to return to "angela and thomas's music discussion???" Thank you very KINDLY!!!! Laughing

Hi Smile I actually posted a notification as a moderator in another topic, the forumissuetopic down belowe saying that all postst between last day about 24hours ago untill today are gone, and it seam like they wont come back!! So nope, havnt seen any of your posts I saw that you posted but there where 3 Blank posts from you, thats why I did thet "Hm.. ??" since there where only blank posts. All the topics where struck, and there was no posibility to enter any topics for a short periof today. But it all seams to work now! To bad, hope you repost then Smile


...... Shocked ....... hmmmm. it's been a while hasn't it?? I almost forgot my password to get into my account. Ya know you've been away for a long time WHEN..... but THIS time I sure hope my post doesn't MAGICALLY escape like my LAST ones! haha! How are your piano pieces goin? I hardly have any classes this semester so i have a LOT of practise time! I have to play in masterclass tomorrow.... again. My teacher always likes me to play every week since he knows I always have something ready:) He is still as weird as ever though. During the past movement of my Brahms, he said the ending sounded to "beautiful." I was like Suspect Shocked ?? What? Is that bad? the strange thing is he always nags me about beautiful sound. NOW that I finally got one he's like "no. I don't want that affraid " But I guess I'd rather sound TOO beautiful for his liking than not beautiful enough! hahaha! So what you been working on? More ragtime I see???

Yeah, its been a long time Smile hehe...

Hm, TO beautiful?? Id take that as a compliment, I wasnt sure that anything could be to beautiful Razz
But then its Great that you have lots of practicetime then Smile

Well, I have improved a lot I think. I composed this Rag. Ill make a link/vid here, to it, if you havnt seen it.
Andrew like it a lot it seamed, based on the Great compliments he gave me sunny

Here it is:

Silver Bullet Rag - by me Razz


Too beautiful? Welllll I thought it was a compliment! I heard some of your chopin Nocturne! Good job with that! Quite a nice piece! Yeah all the practise time is pretty nice! We just had our class recital a few days ago. It was pretty fun of course. One of my friends had played this huge liszt piece and when he walked off stage he almost fell flat on his face from exhaustion! lol! I was like trying to catch him!!!! Laughing Oh and of course MY turn came along. Of course I was nervous as heck. And I came REALLY close to just running away and never coming back.... except that my best bud Damien was BLOCKING my only escape route! Therefore leaving me only ONE way to go: ON STAGE! But then they told me I couldn't go on stage yet because they were doing something at the recording booth. Anyways, 5 minutes later, my teacher thinks something is wrong and comes RUNNING out looking for me. Anyways, eventually I got on stage and everything went pretty well:) Ah, PERFORMING! It's as scary and as NERVE WRACKING as hell for me, but I just CAN'T seem to stop doing it! hahaha! So you've done this Silver Bullet Rag and you've finished the Chopin Nocturne. What's the next piece??????

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:38 am

Now you are making me even more nervous to one day try to enter a stage Wink hehe - But when you get that nervous? Dosnt it make your arms shaky ect? And then hitting the keys correct is harder right? And you might get a memory blackout suddenly? How to avoid that??

Well yeah, Im going to keep the Nocturne up, and improve it. Its great for turns both with my nr 2and3 and 3and4 finger + my trills. I try to practice trills on the Lightest keys cause its at least like that in sports, to get fast you have to practice with as little resistance as possible, so I guess that applies for piano and hands/fingers as well Smile

What did you perform?? Smile

Well, im not sure. Andrew said that I should do a Bach piece, and I got a 2page long Bach waiting for me. Its a grade 6, so I think it shoudnt be to hard. But Bach is new to me, so who knows Razz

And I have set a goal to Learn Fantasie Impromtu this year.
I have memorized 1 and a half-page, and can play the first page 1/50 of the speed! Razz hehe - And I need to combine hands on the second half page, but to learn it is easier than I though, its the speed that will be a trick in a long run, but Im just taking it slow. I have told my self that I shall NEVER do mistakes when I practice it, so Im holding the speed down at the moment. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 am

Thomandy wrote:Now you are making me even more nervous to one day try to enter a stage Wink hehe - But when you get that nervous? Dosnt it make your arms shaky ect? And then hitting the keys correct is harder right? And you might get a memory blackout suddenly? How to avoid that??

Well yeah, Im going to keep the Nocturne up, and improve it. Its great for turns both with my nr 2and3 and 3and4 finger + my trills. I try to practice trills on the Lightest keys cause its at least like that in sports, to get fast you have to practice with as little resistance as possible, so I guess that applies for piano and hands/fingers as well Smile

What did you perform?? Smile

Well, im not sure. Andrew said that I should do a Bach piece, and I got a 2page long Bach waiting for me. Its a grade 6, so I think it shoudnt be to hard. But Bach is new to me, so who knows Razz

And I have set a goal to Learn Fantasie Impromptu this year.
I have memorized 1 and a half-page, and can play the first page 1/50 of the speed! Razz hehe - And I need to combine hands on the second half page, but to learn it is easier than I though, its the speed that will be a trick in a long run, but Im just taking it slow. I have told my self that I shall NEVER do mistakes when I practice it, so Im holding the speed down at the moment. Smile


Wow! Fantasie Impromptu huh? Well, that's good you are learning it slowly. Just be careful NOT to get to hung up on the cross rhythms, as those should sort themselves out once the piece goes faster. lol! Sorry to make you nervous about performing. You might be different when it comes to performing. And as long as you practise a lot and PRACTISE PERFORM *wink wink nudge nudge* your performance shouldn't really bomb. And even if you DO have a memory blackout, if you can pick up the piece again without going back to the beginning, that does NOT mean that your memory is BAD: In fact, that means your memory is pretty good. Because ANYONE can pull ANYTHING off if it's going REALLY REALLY well. Kinda make sense???

You're gonna try some Bach?? Nice! What piece is it called? Bach is pretty neat. I like his music!!! He can be very expressive too. Here's one of my favourite Bach pieces:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugSXVymv6b8
I played this during my second year at UVic Very Happy . It has an AMAZING AMAZING FIVE VOICE fugue Shocked . Enjoy!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:08 am

Yeah, the important thing is to learn it. And then the speed ect just have to come when and if it wants to come. And the crossrhytms is actually not so hard, since Im just taking it slow. Im doing a rec-thing that's gona follow me from I started it to the first performance Smile
I have to count the hours though, cause Im not working on it every day.
About 6 hours now, and I have learned the 2 first pages, both hands, and combined them at slow speed.

Yeah, performing is a bit far away still. Like when I record, and I have done really good, and I know its time to finish, I get nervous Razz hehe
But I usually dont miss on the notes, but dynamic-messups.

I was thinking I should learn Bachs Invention no8
I like it, its 2 pages and I just have to get started. But, Im not really in a learning-piece-mood.

I just started a composition, and I decided to go big. So im trying my best now to read about harmony, chord progressions ect to have the theory down before I start. I got an idea, and its gona be a nocturne.

I have decided that its gona be in Ab minor, its gona be mystic and kind of dark.
Im working from a title, something like: The forest-secret or maybe Mystic Forest.

Im not sure though, any suggestions on a Nocturne Title? The story im going to try to tell is about a terrible secret
that still lies uncovered, and it lies deep within the dark forest, far away from anyone to discover. What the secret is, I got my idea on it, but I thought that should be up the the listener to decide for them self, what it means to them... Razz

Ahwell.. The Bach-piece was Really nice Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Pianokid220 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Not to intrud,
but when you start too play peices to hard you will get tendonitious. I was learning the last part of Chopin: Polonaise opus 53
[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/13/30/32/05/captur13.jpg[/im]
and Know I have a low case of tendonitious. from trying to play somthing too hard
Pianokid220
Pianokid220
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 179
Age : 25
Location : THIS IS THE WORST FORUM
Job/hobbies : pEOPLE ARE MEAN
Length of time playing piano : WHY PLEASE DELETE ME ACCOUNT NOW
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/aclyde15greenc

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:53 am

Yeah, the important thing is to learn it. And then the speed ect just have to come when and if it wants to come. And the crossrhytms is actually not so hard, since Im just taking it slow. Im doing a rec-thing that's gona follow me from I started it to the first performance Smile
I have to count the hours though, cause Im not working on it every day.
About 6 hours now, and I have learned the 2 first pages, both hands, and combined them at slow speed.

Yeah, performing is a bit far away still. Like when I record, and I have done really good, and I know its time to finish, I get nervous Razz hehe
But I usually dont miss on the notes, but dynamic-messups.

I was thinking I should learn Bachs Invention no8
I like it, its 2 pages and I just have to get started. But, Im not really in a learning-piece-mood.

I just started a composition, and I decided to go big. So im trying my best now to read about harmony, chord progressions ect to have the theory down before I start. I got an idea, and its gona be a nocturne.

I have decided that its gona be in Ab minor, its gona be mystic and kind of dark.
Im working from a title, something like: The forest-secret or maybe Mystic Forest.

Im not sure though, any suggestions on a Nocturne Title? The story im going to try to tell is about a terrible secret
that still lies uncovered, and it lies deep within the dark forest, far away from anyone to discover. What the secret is, I got my idea on it, but I thought that should be up the the listener to decide for them self, what it means to them... Razz

Ahwell.. The Bach-piece was Really nice Smile

EDIT: Im note really sure Ill continue Fantasie Impromtu at the moment Razz Damn... Razz
But Im thinking of starting Libestraum - Liszt Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:24 am

Thomandy wrote:Yeah, the important thing is to learn it. And then the speed ect just have to come when and if it wants to come. And the crossrhytms is actually not so hard, since Im just taking it slow. Im doing a rec-thing that's gona follow me from I started it to the first performance Smile
I have to count the hours though, cause Im not working on it every day.
About 6 hours now, and I have learned the 2 first pages, both hands, and combined them at slow speed.

Yeah, performing is a bit far away still. Like when I record, and I have done really good, and I know its time to finish, I get nervous Razz hehe
But I usually dont miss on the notes, but dynamic-messups.

I was thinking I should learn Bachs Invention no8
I like it, its 2 pages and I just have to get started. But, Im not really in a learning-piece-mood.

I just started a composition, and I decided to go big. So im trying my best now to read about harmony, chord progressions ect to have the theory down before I start. I got an idea, and its gona be a nocturne.

I have decided that its gona be in Ab minor, its gona be mystic and kind of dark.
Im working from a title, something like: The forest-secret or maybe Mystic Forest.

Im not sure though, any suggestions on a Nocturne Title? The story im going to try to tell is about a terrible secret
that still lies uncovered, and it lies deep within the dark forest, far away from anyone to discover. What the secret is, I got my idea on it, but I thought that should be up the the listener to decide for them self, what it means to them... Razz

Ahwell.. The Bach-piece was Really nice Smile

EDIT: Im note really sure Ill continue Fantasie Impromtu at the moment Razz Damn... Razz
But Im thinking of starting Libestraum - Liszt Smile

Wow! Sounds like you have some big ideas happening:) So you're gonna compose a Nocturne huh? Nice! I don't know what kinda of title to give it..... maybe if you didn't give it a title, it would make the piece a bit more mysterious:) All the best with that!!!! So you aren't sure if you will finish the fantasie impromptu yet? Well you'll probably finish it some day!! It's not bad to learn a piece, put it down for a bit and then come back to it! Then when you come back to it, you might see it differently! It's good you are practising that piece slowly first. Decreases your chances of those AWFUL repetitive stress injuries Mad . But of course when you are playing SLOW you gotta remember to stay FLEXIBLE and RELAXED!!!! Sorry. I get a little silly when it comes to relaxation and stuff because I've had such a bad tension problem! As for performing? Yeah. even playing for a camera or recording devise can be intimidating! But I've found that performing helps me find out what REALLY I really need to work on!!! So you are thinking of learning Bach's invention no.8?? Nice! That'll develop some technique!!!! Bach's music is quite fun!!! What also helps technique is Scarlatti sonatas. It's just hard to decide on one because there's like 500 of them affraid . whoa! You want to start Liebestraum by Liszt?? Wow that's quite the piece there! Let me know what you think of it!!! Good luck with all the composition!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:36 am

Angela wrote:
Wow! Sounds like you have some big ideas happening:) So you're gonna compose a Nocturne huh? Nice! I don't know what kinda of title to give it..... maybe if you didn't give it a title, it would make the piece a bit more mysterious:) All the best with that!!!! So you aren't sure if you will finish the fantasie impromptu yet? Well you'll probably finish it some day!! It's not bad to learn a piece, put it down for a bit and then come back to it! Then when you come back to it, you might see it differently! It's good you are practising that piece slowly first. Decreases your chances of those AWFUL repetitive stress injuries Mad . But of course when you are playing SLOW you gotta remember to stay FLEXIBLE and RELAXED!!!! Sorry. I get a little silly when it comes to relaxation and stuff because I've had such a bad tension problem! As for performing? Yeah. even playing for a camera or recording devise can be intimidating! But I've found that performing helps me find out what REALLY I really need to work on!!! So you are thinking of learning Bach's invention no.8?? Nice! That'll develop some technique!!!! Bach's music is quite fun!!! What also helps technique is Scarlatti sonatas. It's just hard to decide on one because there's like 500 of them affraid . whoa! You want to start Liebestraum by Liszt?? Wow that's quite the piece there! Let me know what you think of it!!! Good luck with all the composition!!!

Yeah, big ideas that isnt always to easy to complete. Razz
But yeah, Ill pick up Fantasie later. Its 9pages in my book, but when analyzing it I found it to be about 6pages cause of the repetitions. And im so BAD at learning new pieces!!! That I would like some tips on? hehe... The thing is, that when I start memorizing I sort of do EVERYTHING else instead, start some stupid improvs, play pieces I know ect... And then when I have been at the piano for one hour I got like 3bars memorized(Libestraum is my latest ex from yesterday) the bars took about 3-4min each, and then it just feels like forever cause I have sort of used 15x as much time at the piano to learn it Laughing
Thats a big reason I dont complete pieces I think Sad

Yeah, Composing a Nocturne with arpeggio-left hand is hard Razz I found some nice things, but in my head Im comparing and Competing with Chopin Razz hehehe... Thats a bit dumb for only one year of experience, but yeah Razz I feel that more theoretical knowledge would really have helped me on this one Razz I got the first 20 bars down though.

Okay, I see. But I guess you get quite some performance-practice through school and things like that?
And have you ever gotten so nervous* that you have messed up Big Time? I know Andrew had a case of that when he was Young. Razz So to Practice Perform I should sort of sit at the piano, thinking: Now, this is it. After I hit the first key Its On. And then try to develop a way of thinking that dosnt make me nervous?! Cause as I said, when Im recording, I find myself sitting there and THINKING A LOT about everything that Can go wrong instead of concentrating on the music, and thats not good Razz

Okay, Ill concentrate even more one relaxness even with slow practice... Atm my advantage is that I usually dont practice more than an hour most a day. But let me ask you: Would I be able to "compete" at a school if I where to go study music after the summer? Not compete, but manage to be good enough for the demands. Or is it a lot of things I should have learned ect before I do something like that?!
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Wow! Sounds like you have some big ideas happening:) So you're gonna compose a Nocturne huh? Nice! I don't know what kinda of title to give it..... maybe if you didn't give it a title, it would make the piece a bit more mysterious:) All the best with that!!!! So you aren't sure if you will finish the fantasie impromptu yet? Well you'll probably finish it some day!! It's not bad to learn a piece, put it down for a bit and then come back to it! Then when you come back to it, you might see it differently! It's good you are practising that piece slowly first. Decreases your chances of those AWFUL repetitive stress injuries Mad . But of course when you are playing SLOW you gotta remember to stay FLEXIBLE and RELAXED!!!! Sorry. I get a little silly when it comes to relaxation and stuff because I've had such a bad tension problem! As for performing? Yeah. even playing for a camera or recording devise can be intimidating! But I've found that performing helps me find out what REALLY I really need to work on!!! So you are thinking of learning Bach's invention no.8?? Nice! That'll develop some technique!!!! Bach's music is quite fun!!! What also helps technique is Scarlatti sonatas. It's just hard to decide on one because there's like 500 of them affraid . whoa! You want to start Liebestraum by Liszt?? Wow that's quite the piece there! Let me know what you think of it!!! Good luck with all the composition!!!

Yeah, big ideas that isnt always to easy to complete. Razz
But yeah, Ill pick up Fantasie later. Its 9pages in my book, but when analyzing it I found it to be about 6pages cause of the repetitions. And im so BAD at learning new pieces!!! That I would like some tips on? hehe... The thing is, that when I start memorizing I sort of do EVERYTHING else instead, start some stupid improvs, play pieces I know ect... And then when I have been at the piano for one hour I got like 3bars memorized(Libestraum is my latest ex from yesterday) the bars took about 3-4min each, and then it just feels like forever cause I have sort of used 15x as much time at the piano to learn it Laughing
Thats a big reason I dont complete pieces I think Sad

Yeah, Composing a Nocturne with arpeggio-left hand is hard Razz I found some nice things, but in my head Im comparing and Competing with Chopin Razz hehehe... Thats a bit dumb for only one year of experience, but yeah Razz I feel that more theoretical knowledge would really have helped me on this one Razz I got the first 20 bars down though.

Okay, I see. But I guess you get quite some performance-practice through school and things like that?
And have you ever gotten so nervous* that you have messed up Big Time? I know Andrew had a case of that when he was Young. Razz So to Practice Perform I should sort of sit at the piano, thinking: Now, this is it. After I hit the first key Its On. And then try to develop a way of thinking that dosnt make me nervous?! Cause as I said, when Im recording, I find myself sitting there and THINKING A LOT about everything that Can go wrong instead of concentrating on the music, and thats not good Razz

Okay, Ill concentrate even more one relaxness even with slow practice... Atm my advantage is that I usually dont practice more than an hour most a day. But let me ask you: Would I be able to "compete" at a school if I where to go study music after the summer? Not compete, but manage to be good enough for the demands. Or is it a lot of things I should have learned ect before I do something like that?!

Yeah you have some big ideas happening there. And yeah. that's always been my issue with composing! haha! Heck if I composed, I don't think I'd even PLAY any of my compositions because I'd rather play Schumann or Brahms since they are simply amazing! But yeah! hope you finish that composition that you have in mind:) As for performing and messing up?? Yes it's happened to me before! But I'm usually able to get back on track.... I mean what OTHER option do I have??? And if you find yourself thinking about a LOT of stuff while performing, yeah. I think that's pretty normal. I do that and I've been playing piano and performing for heaven only KNOWS how long! But I found if I just PLOW ahead in a piece even if I DO mess up, the mess up isn't as obvious!!!!

Oh and I understand the lack of focus when practising. I have a tendency to loose focus when I'm practising too. I mean... after sitting at the piano for so many hours, my brain just WANDERS!!!! I get tired of playing over the same piece over and over and I'm like "augh! Let's play something else!!!!" Big pieces take a LOT of patience AND practise! But it can be very rewarding once you CAN play those big pieces SINCE they took SOO MUCH GOOD HARD WORK!!!! affraid

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:18 am

Yeah, I see your point. Well, I think thats the fun with composing. To test if one got what it takes to compose equally good pieces like Schumann, Brahms or Chopin ect Wink Cause you will never know unless you try Smile They started somewhere as well Smile

Okai, as long as you get back on track its not the worst thing. But not getting back on track must be awful. There are some places it the pieces I play, that I get totally lost if I miss... But usually If I mess up, I can continue. But I think its a whole other thing to mess up in public, than in my room Razz Razz

Okay Smile I think the most I have Ever sat at the piano in one run, is 4 hours. And that was 10months ago. I sometimes sit there 2hours. But usually I have 3-4 sessions on 30-45min a day. With pause in between Razz I also get a little back pain, thats a bit frustrating. I try my best to keep a good posture, and relax my neck and shoulders ect... But I have had some problems with my back when I was training a couple of years ago Razz

Yeah Smile Thats very true Smile Nothing is more fun than finishing a hard piece and then just see that the performances get better and better Smile And how fast it actually goes Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Wed May 20, 2009 4:15 am

Hi Thomas!
Long time no hear! Anyways, how are things going? I just found an interesting piece I have never heard before.... probably because it is for organ and it seems to be a somewhat uncommon instrument as far as I know. Well.... it seems to be uncommon compared to the piano at least! Anyways, here's the link. Enjoy!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD4-mkuY810&feature=related





Thomandy wrote:Yeah, I see your point. Well, I think thats the fun with composing. To test if one got what it takes to compose equally good pieces like Schumann, Brahms or Chopin ect Wink Cause you will never know unless you try Smile They started somewhere as well Smile

Okai, as long as you get back on track its not the worst thing. But not getting back on track must be awful. There are some places it the pieces I play, that I get totally lost if I miss... But usually If I mess up, I can continue. But I think its a whole other thing to mess up in public, than in my room Razz Razz

Okay Smile I think the most I have Ever sat at the piano in one run, is 4 hours. And that was 10months ago. I sometimes sit there 2hours. But usually I have 3-4 sessions on 30-45min a day. With pause in between Razz I also get a little back pain, thats a bit frustrating. I try my best to keep a good posture, and relax my neck and shoulders ect... But I have had some problems with my back when I was training a couple of years ago Razz

Yeah Smile Thats very true Smile Nothing is more fun than finishing a hard piece and then just see that the performances get better and better Smile And how fast it actually goes Smile

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:13 am

Angela wrote:Hi Thomas!
Long time no hear! Anyways, how are things going? I just found an interesting piece I have never heard before.... probably because it is for organ and it seems to be a somewhat uncommon instrument as far as I know. Well.... it seems to be uncommon compared to the piano at least! Anyways, here's the link. Enjoy!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD4-mkuY810&feature=related

Wow, great piece Smile I have never heard it before either!! Its was really good actually Smile
Tnx for sharing it, this is a sort of piece I might want to try when I get the chance Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum