Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:That was many favorites. Im going to check some of them out! Smile
I also hold Moonlight Sonata very high! Smile
But M2 is like just another song. but M1 and M3 Is Awsome! Smile

Yeah it sure IS a lot of favourites! And that isn't even ALL of them!!!! haha! Yeah Moonlight sonata was my first complete sonata I learned. Yeah the third movement is crazy awesome and the second is beautiful too! it's harder than it looks! By the way, were you the one who wanted to learn Turkish March by Mozart?? I just remembered I have a simplified version buried beneath all my other books here. I think it's about a gr.2 or 3 level. It's fun! even I like to play that version! hahaha! affraid

True Smile I often put the 3 of them in a quicklist at youtube and listen to them in order. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:10 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:That was many favorites. Im going to check some of them out! Smile
I also hold Moonlight Sonata very high! Smile
But M2 is like just another song. but M1 and M3 Is Awsome! Smile

Yeah it sure IS a lot of favourites! And that isn't even ALL of them!!!! haha! Yeah Moonlight sonata was my first complete sonata I learned. Yeah the third movement is crazy awesome and the second is beautiful too! it's harder than it looks! By the way, were you the one who wanted to learn Turkish March by Mozart?? I just remembered I have a simplified version buried beneath all my other books here. I think it's about a gr.2 or 3 level. It's fun! even I like to play that version! hahaha! affraid

True Smile I often put the 3 of them in a quicklist at youtube and listen to them in order. Smile

Moonlight sonata is a gorgeous piece. If you like THAT you GOTTA check out Appassionata by Beethveon! Andrew likes that one too! now THERE'S a cool piece! The coda of the third movement is SOOOO fun! Augh! I just finished practising my brahms concerto! It's so long, that I started practising it YESTERDAY but didn't get to the end until TODAY! haha! And that's just the FIRST MOVEMENT!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Angela wrote:
Moonlight sonata is a gorgeous piece. If you like THAT you GOTTA check out Appassionata by Beethveon! Andrew likes that one too! now THERE'S a cool piece! The coda of the third movement is SOOOO fun! Augh! I just finished practising my brahms concerto! It's so long, that I started practising it YESTERDAY but didn't get to the end until TODAY! haha! And that's just the FIRST MOVEMENT!

I will check it out Smile

Well, it dosnt really tell me anything. Is the first movement hard, long? or are you saying you are slow?? hehehe
Couse I doubt the last theory! Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:36 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Moonlight sonata is a gorgeous piece. If you like THAT you GOTTA check out Appassionata by Beethveon! Andrew likes that one too! now THERE'S a cool piece! The coda of the third movement is SOOOO fun! Augh! I just finished practising my brahms concerto! It's so long, that I started practising it YESTERDAY but didn't get to the end until TODAY! haha! And that's just the FIRST MOVEMENT!

I will check it out Smile

Well, it dosnt really tell me anything. Is the first movement hard, long? or are you saying you are slow?? hehehe
Couse I doubt the last theory! Razz

hahhahaaa Laughing Well the first movement of the brahms concerto in d minor IS long!!! The first movement alone takes about half an hour to play through. And it's difficult for me because I don't have RACHMANINOV HANDS! BUUUUUUT, I LOVE the piece! Anyways, there's some of my funny repertoire! What have you been playing?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlyxn2Y4_E there's a REALLY old performance of the first movement of the appassionata! enjoy!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Angela wrote:
hahhahaaa Laughing Well the first movement of the brahms concerto in d minor IS long!!! The first movement alone takes about half an hour to play through. And it's difficult for me because I don't have RACHMANINOV HANDS! BUUUUUUT, I LOVE the piece! Anyways, there's some of my funny repertoire! What have you been playing?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlyxn2Y4_E there's a REALLY old performance of the first movement of the appassionata! enjoy!

Ah, I understand. 30minuteish songs on about one day is impressing none the less Wink My "record" is Chopins prelude in Emin in 2 hours but without conecting right hand and left hand. Got to start practice that one Razz But yeah, I also got cind of small hands. I can push down one octave+1key. You got a great repertoire Smile

But I got almost all of my "works" here: Listing Performances

and my newest is Victors Piano Solo: Victors Piano Solo

I am probably most satiesfied with the last performance. Smile Check some of them out if you get the time sometime Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
hahhahaaa Laughing Well the first movement of the brahms concerto in d minor IS long!!! The first movement alone takes about half an hour to play through. And it's difficult for me because I don't have RACHMANINOV HANDS! BUUUUUUT, I LOVE the piece! Anyways, there's some of my funny repertoire! What have you been playing?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlyxn2Y4_E there's a REALLY old performance of the first movement of the appassionata! enjoy!

Ah, I understand. 30minuteish songs on about one day is impressing none the less Wink My "record" is Chopins prelude in Emin in 2 hours but without conecting right hand and left hand. Got to start practice that one Razz But yeah, I also got cind of small hands. I can push down one octave+1key. You got a great repertoire Smile

But I got almost all of my "works" here: Listing Performances

and my newest is Victors Piano Solo: Victors Piano Solo

I am probably most satiesfied with the last performance. Smile Check some of them out if you get the time sometime Smile

hahaha! Yeah, the first movement of the brahms d minor concerto is suppose to be 30 minutes in duration when UP TO TEMPO! I can only play it SLOW right now!!!!! Whoa! you can reach an 8ve plus a key? That probably makes 8ve playing a bit more managable! Prelude in e minor by chopin huh? I like that piece!! Ah! I heard your Fur Elise!!!! Wonderful job at getting through the WHOLE THING! The first part of the Fur elise was pretty Very Happy . The second part was also very good! Yeah that section isn't as easy huh???? One thing to watch for (and I had the same problem before) is to relax your hands a bit (I'll bet you've heard THAT before!). For example, you know when you are playing the repeated notes in the left hand in the second section?? YES! Close your hand a bit so your fingers are closer together:) NOTE: you shouldn;t feel like you're HOLDING them in a closed position!!! This is the more natural position of the hand!!! You'll have less tension since they won't be trying to get around the keyboard in some crazy, awkward position!!!! Anyways, that's just something to think about!!!! And also watch that that last flourish at the end (the a minor arpeggio thing) stays in tempo and doesn't FLY past us! Playing it slower might also help it sound more even and less bumpy! SOOOOOOOOO before you practise the repeated notes..... stand up, shake your arms out and play! Hope that helps tongue . Today fur Elise.... TOMORROW MOONLIGHT SONATA!!!!!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:25 am

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
hahhahaaa Laughing Well the first movement of the brahms concerto in d minor IS long!!! The first movement alone takes about half an hour to play through. And it's difficult for me because I don't have RACHMANINOV HANDS! BUUUUUUT, I LOVE the piece! Anyways, there's some of my funny repertoire! What have you been playing?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlyxn2Y4_E there's a REALLY old performance of the first movement of the appassionata! enjoy!

Ah, I understand. 30minuteish songs on about one day is impressing none the less Wink My "record" is Chopins prelude in Emin in 2 hours but without conecting right hand and left hand. Got to start practice that one Razz But yeah, I also got cind of small hands. I can push down one octave+1key. You got a great repertoire Smile

But I got almost all of my "works" here: Listing Performances

and my newest is Victors Piano Solo: Victors Piano Solo

I am probably most satiesfied with the last performance. Smile Check some of them out if you get the time sometime Smile

hahaha! Yeah, the first movement of the brahms d minor concerto is suppose to be 30 minutes in duration when UP TO TEMPO! I can only play it SLOW right now!!!!! Whoa! you can reach an 8ve plus a key? That probably makes 8ve playing a bit more managable! Prelude in e minor by chopin huh? I like that piece!! Ah! I heard your Fur Elise!!!! Wonderful job at getting through the WHOLE THING! The first part of the Fur elise was pretty Very Happy . The second part was also very good! Yeah that section isn't as easy huh???? One thing to watch for (and I had the same problem before) is to relax your hands a bit (I'll bet you've heard THAT before!). For example, you know when you are playing the repeated notes in the left hand in the second section?? YES! Close your hand a bit so your fingers are closer together:) NOTE: you shouldn;t feel like you're HOLDING them in a closed position!!! This is the more natural position of the hand!!! You'll have less tension since they won't be trying to get around the keyboard in some crazy, awkward position!!!! Anyways, that's just something to think about!!!! And also watch that that last flourish at the end (the a minor arpeggio thing) stays in tempo and doesn't FLY past us! Playing it slower might also help it sound more even and less bumpy! SOOOOOOOOO before you practise the repeated notes..... stand up, shake your arms out and play! Hope that helps tongue . Today fur Elise.... TOMORROW MOONLIGHT SONATA!!!!!!!!

Tnx for a great reply Smile Actually Andrew went trough that performance in detail Smile And I got a 6.5 from him.
I do belive I have corrected what you say over here. I play the triplets slower, and more controlled. And at the beginning of the second solo I have changed to 3 2 1 fingering in the left hand + I play that first solo smothly and nails it at least 9/10 times. And I have compared to many vids on youtube. So, I do belive I can play that piece at least on a 8/10 now, maby better, but Im not recording it yet. I am planning on doing a vid of me playing outside to create a cool video Smile So ill wait untill then Smile

Hehe... Yeah, 3m of moonlight sonata next Razz hehe, nah.. I am actually working on a grade 7/9 pice now. And to be honest it is alot easyer than I thought. It will be a surprize the day I upload it what song it is. Razz hehe
Its a 170 tempo piece I think. I am 3/4 trough after 4-5 hours of learning and practicing, and its comming alon ALOT faster than I thought. I almost just started it to test out the start! But the next day I cuold play it a tempo so I proceded Razz hehe

I will take that relxingtip in to mind, couse I do get a bit stif, so Ill try that out in generall Smile Tnx Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:54 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
hahhahaaa Laughing Well the first movement of the brahms concerto in d minor IS long!!! The first movement alone takes about half an hour to play through. And it's difficult for me because I don't have RACHMANINOV HANDS! BUUUUUUT, I LOVE the piece! Anyways, there's some of my funny repertoire! What have you been playing?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlyxn2Y4_E there's a REALLY old performance of the first movement of the appassionata! enjoy!

Ah, I understand. 30minuteish songs on about one day is impressing none the less Wink My "record" is Chopins prelude in Emin in 2 hours but without conecting right hand and left hand. Got to start practice that one Razz But yeah, I also got cind of small hands. I can push down one octave+1key. You got a great repertoire Smile

But I got almost all of my "works" here: Listing Performances

and my newest is Victors Piano Solo: Victors Piano Solo

I am probably most satiesfied with the last performance. Smile Check some of them out if you get the time sometime Smile

hahaha! Yeah, the first movement of the brahms d minor concerto is suppose to be 30 minutes in duration when UP TO TEMPO! I can only play it SLOW right now!!!!! Whoa! you can reach an 8ve plus a key? That probably makes 8ve playing a bit more managable! Prelude in e minor by chopin huh? I like that piece!! Ah! I heard your Fur Elise!!!! Wonderful job at getting through the WHOLE THING! The first part of the Fur elise was pretty Very Happy . The second part was also very good! Yeah that section isn't as easy huh???? One thing to watch for (and I had the same problem before) is to relax your hands a bit (I'll bet you've heard THAT before!). For example, you know when you are playing the repeated notes in the left hand in the second section?? YES! Close your hand a bit so your fingers are closer together:) NOTE: you shouldn;t feel like you're HOLDING them in a closed position!!! This is the more natural position of the hand!!! You'll have less tension since they won't be trying to get around the keyboard in some crazy, awkward position!!!! Anyways, that's just something to think about!!!! And also watch that that last flourish at the end (the a minor arpeggio thing) stays in tempo and doesn't FLY past us! Playing it slower might also help it sound more even and less bumpy! SOOOOOOOOO before you practise the repeated notes..... stand up, shake your arms out and play! Hope that helps tongue . Today fur Elise.... TOMORROW MOONLIGHT SONATA!!!!!!!!

Tnx for a great reply Smile Actually Andrew went trough that performance in detail Smile And I got a 6.5 from him.
I do belive I have corrected what you say over here. I play the triplets slower, and more controlled. And at the beginning of the second solo I have changed to 3 2 1 fingering in the left hand + I play that first solo smothly and nails it at least 9/10 times. And I have compared to many vids on youtube. So, I do belive I can play that piece at least on a 8/10 now, maby better, but Im not recording it yet. I am planning on doing a vid of me playing outside to create a cool video Smile So ill wait untill then Smile

Hehe... Yeah, 3m of moonlight sonata next Razz hehe, nah.. I am actually working on a grade 7/9 pice now. And to be honest it is alot easyer than I thought. It will be a surprize the day I upload it what song it is. Razz hehe
Its a 170 tempo piece I think. I am 3/4 trough after 4-5 hours of learning and practicing, and its comming alon ALOT faster than I thought. I almost just started it to test out the start! But the next day I cuold play it a tempo so I proceded Razz hehe

I will take that relxingtip in to mind, couse I do get a bit stif, so Ill try that out in generall Smile Tnx Smile

Yes! the relaxing will help! I even still have issues with that! haha! When I saw a video of me playing La Campanella, my hands looked SO stiff! But it's a bit different now! But your fur elise sounds great!!!! As for the finger changing on the repeated notes, that's an interesting idea. I never did that when I was learning it but that'll be something to think about for sure! hmmmmm scratch . Oh I also watched your performance of the Entertainer! That looked fun!!!!! So you're working on gr.7/9 huh? Well maybe you can tell me more about what cool rep is in gr.7 study . I skipped that grade so I don't know a lot about it!!! haha! Let me know what I've missed out on!!!!!! YEAH! 3rd movement of the moonlight sonata is SOOOOO fast! Anyways! Have fun with your practising!!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:49 am

Angela wrote:

Yes! the relaxing will help! I even still have issues with that! haha! When I saw a video of me playing La Campanella, my hands looked SO stiff! But it's a bit different now! But your fur elise sounds great!!!! As for the finger changing on the repeated notes, that's an interesting idea. I never did that when I was learning it but that'll be something to think about for sure! hmmmmm scratch . Oh I also watched your performance of the Entertainer! That looked fun!!!!! So you're working on gr.7/9 huh? Well maybe you can tell me more about what cool rep is in gr.7 study . I skipped that grade so I don't know a lot about it!!! haha! Let me know what I've missed out on!!!!!! YEAH! 3rd movement of the moonlight sonata is SOOOOO fast! Anyways! Have fun with your practising!!!!!

Yeah Smile I I try to focus on not being to stiff, but suddanly I just get it. And especeally when playng a bit faster.
La Campanelle is a tough piece Wink So many cool pieces and so little time, heehe, but Im not there yet. One day maby. If starting at 23 dont hold me back to much! First time ever tu tuch a wheighted key was 2 months ago Razz hehe
The entertaingerpice is 2or 3days old just when recorded. My first "pianopiece" hhe, lots of fun yeah. Learning the real thing someday. Its not that hard I think. So you skipped that grade Smile Nice. Are you on a 9/9 grade?? or might have another system where you are. Andrew told me they had total 11 grades there. I guess you got quite som tallent aswell then Smile I saw a litte bit of your performance in one of Andrews vids, and it was awesome Wink
Tnx Smile I will Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:54 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Yes! the relaxing will help! I even still have issues with that! haha! When I saw a video of me playing La Campanella, my hands looked SO stiff! But it's a bit different now! But your fur elise sounds great!!!! As for the finger changing on the repeated notes, that's an interesting idea. I never did that when I was learning it but that'll be something to think about for sure! hmmmmm scratch . Oh I also watched your performance of the Entertainer! That looked fun!!!!! So you're working on gr.7/9 huh? Well maybe you can tell me more about what cool rep is in gr.7 study . I skipped that grade so I don't know a lot about it!!! haha! Let me know what I've missed out on!!!!!! YEAH! 3rd movement of the moonlight sonata is SOOOOO fast! Anyways! Have fun with your practising!!!!!

Yeah Smile I I try to focus on not being to stiff, but suddanly I just get it. And especeally when playng a bit faster.
La Campanelle is a tough piece Wink So many cool pieces and so little time, heehe, but Im not there yet. One day maby. If starting at 23 dont hold me back to much! First time ever tu tuch a wheighted key was 2 months ago Razz hehe
The entertaingerpice is 2or 3days old just when recorded. My first "pianopiece" hhe, lots of fun yeah. Learning the real thing someday. Its not that hard I think. So you skipped that grade Smile Nice. Are you on a 9/9 grade?? or might have another system where you are. Andrew told me they had total 11 grades there. I guess you got quite som tallent aswell then Smile I saw a litte bit of your performance in one of Andrews vids, and it was awesome Wink
Tnx Smile I will Smile

AAAH! You've heard of La Campanella too?? It IS gorgeous! I LOVE it! It's definitely something that works your technique like NO other! You PERFORMED that entertainer piece after only 2 or 3 days?? WHAAAAAAAAT? CRAZY!!!! I remember my teacher at university changing one of my recital pieces LAST minute! I somehow learned AND memorized it in ONE MONTH! It was DO or DIE! But he's SO not pulling that THIS year! NO no NO! hahaha! hmmm. It sounds like the grading system where you are is a bit different from here! Yes! there are 11 grades here!!! grades 1-10 and something called the ARCT level. hehe! I'm actually passed the ARCT level/ I completed that exam when I was 19. Would you ever do a piano exam? Do you like the weighted keys?? They are nice because one has more control over sound!!! haha! I'm happy you liked seeing some of my performances! If I am brave enough one of these days, I should post a FULL performance of a piece!!!! hmmmm *think think* Schumann fantasie or Alborada?? hmmmmm.... Schumann.... Alborada.......... *pacing back and forth* scratch

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:04 am

Yeah =) Its a Great piece Smile Heard it before also, but remembered it when I read your post and the looked it up on youtube.



Well yeah Smile Its a short piece, and I dont got any dynamics what so ever. Hehe =) I still find that contolling the dynamics can be tough to do. Especially pp at higher speed, and keeping it steady. But I guess I got time Smile Maby I should get a teacher, so I dont do the wrong things. But Andrew is a great help with his great rewiev on some of my performances. Smile But as he says that will never be a good enough replacement for an actuall teacher sitting next to you =)

Yeah, I love the wheighted keys. Smile Its so worthe the money I spend to get a Piano, even though it resulted in me = broke Razz
I dont know wha system we got in Norway, but I can see many websites that opperate with 9/9 as the consertpianistlevel. That is why Im a little confused that the piece im doing is a 7/9 and I have now learned it 95% and its comming along too fast Razz hehe.. But ofcourse, I dont expect to play it at a 7/9 level yet, I think. But we'll see what you guys think about it when Im done and ready for an upload Smile And I wnat to do exams in the future =) And get grades! =)

You are tallented for sure then. Beeing in the top before the age of 20 is awsome =)
Dont be afraid to upload Wink I have been looking forward to that for a while. Its always nice to whach tallented pianists in action. Someday you and Andrew shuould do a nice duet and post it Wink And if you cant decide, then you should do both of them, hehe Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Thomandy wrote:Yeah =) Its a Great piece Smile Heard it before also, but remembered it when I read your post and the looked it up on youtube.



Well yeah Smile Its a short piece, and I dont got any dynamics what so ever. Hehe =) I still find that contolling the dynamics can be tough to do. Especially pp at higher speed, and keeping it steady. But I guess I got time Smile Maby I should get a teacher, so I dont do the wrong things. But Andrew is a great help with his great rewiev on some of my performances. Smile But as he says that will never be a good enough replacement for an actuall teacher sitting next to you =)

Yeah, I love the wheighted keys. Smile Its so worthe the money I spend to get a Piano, even though it resulted in me = broke Razz
I dont know wha system we got in Norway, but I can see many websites that opperate with 9/9 as the consertpianistlevel. That is why Im a little confused that the piece im doing is a 7/9 and I have now learned it 95% and its comming along too fast Razz hehe.. But ofcourse, I dont expect to play it at a 7/9 level yet, I think. But we'll see what you guys think about it when Im done and ready for an upload Smile And I wnat to do exams in the future =) And get grades! =)

You are tallented for sure then. Beeing in the top before the age of 20 is awsome =)
Dont be afraid to upload Wink I have been looking forward to that for a while. Its always nice to whach tallented pianists in action. Someday you and Andrew shuould do a nice duet and post it Wink And if you cant decide, then you should do both of them, hehe Smile

OMG! Yundi Li playing La Campanella! That is an AMAZING performance! I watched it over and over when I was learning the La Campanella! You must be pretty damn good if you are able to pick up stuff at a higher grade relatively quickly (lucky u!)! I've always been a slow learner myself. Andrew is right. Nothing can replace a teacher actually THERE beside u Very Happy . haha! Thanks for the compliment! I don't know if I would consider myself "at the top" or anything!!!! But the years of practising definitely paid off!! haha! I think it's cool that you have looked forward to my performance!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Angela wrote:
OMG! Yundi Li playing La Campanella! That is an AMAZING performance! I watched it over and over when I was learning the La Campanella! You must be pretty damn good if you are able to pick up stuff at a higher grade relatively quickly (lucky u!)! I've always been a slow learner myself. Andrew is right. Nothing can replace a teacher actually THERE beside u Very Happy . haha! Thanks for the compliment! I don't know if I would consider myself "at the top" or anything!!!! But the years of practising definitely paid off!! haha! I think it's cool that you have looked forward to my performance!

Yeah, It went straight to my favorites. He is Awsome Smile But I think you are close to his standard? (even though he is in the top of the top) recordingdevice and soundquality also matter in delivery! Razz

Well, I memorise alot faster then just a couple a months ago. Then I used maby 2-3 hours memorising and learning some bars of a highgraded piece like Nocturne 9 2. Im waithing with that one since I used So long to memorise all the different chords and lefthandplay. But yeah, I memorized 25bars today(repetes some), in about 1 hour. And sort of know how to play R and L together. So I now know the whole piece. Just practice, practice and some more practice and I will be ready. Smile

But If I can play that 7grade piece at a fair level, well see Smile Probably, Andrew will give me some reveiw! Smile
Without his reviews I wouldnt have managed to develope as "fast" as I feel I have managed.

Of course Im looking forward to your performance Smile Smile And if you manage to learn 30min in one day I hardly consider you a slow learner?? Wink hehehe
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:18 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
OMG! Yundi Li playing La Campanella! That is an AMAZING performance! I watched it over and over when I was learning the La Campanella! You must be pretty damn good if you are able to pick up stuff at a higher grade relatively quickly (lucky u!)! I've always been a slow learner myself. Andrew is right. Nothing can replace a teacher actually THERE beside u Very Happy . haha! Thanks for the compliment! I don't know if I would consider myself "at the top" or anything!!!! But the years of practising definitely paid off!! haha! I think it's cool that you have looked forward to my performance!

Yeah, It went straight to my favorites. He is Awsome Smile But I think you are close to his standard? (even though he is in the top of the top) recordingdevice and soundquality also matter in delivery! Razz

Well, I memorise alot faster then just a couple a months ago. Then I used maby 2-3 hours memorising and learning some bars of a highgraded piece like Nocturne 9 2. Im waithing with that one since I used So long to memorise all the different chords and lefthandplay. But yeah, I memorized 25bars today(repetes some), in about 1 hour. And sort of know how to play R and L together. So I now know the whole piece. Just practice, practice and some more practice and I will be ready. Smile

But If I can play that 7grade piece at a fair level, well see Smile Probably, Andrew will give me some reveiw! Smile
Without his reviews I wouldnt have managed to develope as "fast" as I feel I have managed.

Of course Im looking forward to your performance Smile Smile And if you manage to learn 30min in one day I hardly consider you a slow learner?? Wink hehehe

haha! Well I guess I'm a bit faster than before! I find playing stuff by memory is much easier than reading off a PAGE! I mean... it's a bit difficult to memorize sometimes but ONCE something is memorized, then it's ok! hmm Out of curiousity what IS nocturne 9 2? Is that Chopin? Is it the nocturne in E flat major? If it is I played that before!!!! If you like Chopin, I'd recommend trying out "Raindrop Prelude." OH! And that 30 minute Brahms concerto is coming along! Apparently little people with small hands can play it despite all the huge chords, octaves! YES! I am practising to PERFECT the piece I want to post.

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:21 am

Angela wrote:
haha! Well I guess I'm a bit faster than before! I find playing stuff by memory is much easier than reading off a PAGE! I mean... it's a bit difficult to memorize sometimes but ONCE something is memorized, then it's ok! hmm Out of curiousity what IS nocturne 9 2? Is that Chopin? Is it the nocturne in E flat major? If it is I played that before!!!! If you like Chopin, I'd recommend trying out "Raindrop Prelude." OH! And that 30 minute Brahms concerto is coming along! Apparently little people with small hands can play it despite all the huge chords, octaves! YES! I am practising to PERFECT the piece I want to post.

Hehe, yeah, I recon your brain has been trained alot since you started to play! Smile

Yundi Li plays Chopin Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2


I really like Chopin. He got some big pieces that are cind of like goals to me Smile And in my latest composition I used my insperation for him when I started my Prelude in E minor *sorrow*, that I posted in my performance-topic today.(that might have been a very bad sentence) I am quite satiesfied with that one Razz hehe

Ah, great to hear Smile Brahm isnt really somthing I have listened to yet. Might go and check him out on youtube now!
Good luck with the practice Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:30 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
haha! Well I guess I'm a bit faster than before! I find playing stuff by memory is much easier than reading off a PAGE! I mean... it's a bit difficult to memorize sometimes but ONCE something is memorized, then it's ok! hmm Out of curiousity what IS nocturne 9 2? Is that Chopin? Is it the nocturne in E flat major? If it is I played that before!!!! If you like Chopin, I'd recommend trying out "Raindrop Prelude." OH! And that 30 minute Brahms concerto is coming along! Apparently little people with small hands can play it despite all the huge chords, octaves! YES! I am practising to PERFECT the piece I want to post.

Hehe, yeah, I recon your brain has been trained alot since you started to play! Smile

Yundi Li plays Chopin Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2


I really like Chopin. He got some big pieces that are cind of like goals to me Smile And in my latest composition I used my insperation for him when I started my Prelude in E minor *sorrow*, that I posted in my performance-topic today.(that might have been a very bad sentence) I am quite satiesfied with that one Razz hehe

Ah, great to hear Smile Brahm isnt really somthing I have listened to yet. Might go and check him out on youtube now!
Good luck with the practice Wink

YES! I did play that nocturne before!!!! Several years ago! It's a very nice piece! I think Yundi Li is amazing! As for Brahms he has some WONDERFUL piano music! Andrew plays a piece called Waltz in A flat major and he does a great job at it! Then there is the Concerto no.2 in d minor which is absolutely STUNNING (that's the piece I'm playing!). I'd recommend listening to Claudio Arrau's performance when he was 83 years old!!!! Andrew made a video of me playing Raindrop prelude by Chopin today. Considering I hadn't played it in a VERY VERY long time it was a decent performance. I think Andrew is going to post it some time. I'm not sure when though. What other Chopin pieces do you like? Fantasie impromptu? Any of the Ballades? Another composer I like is Robert Schumann Very Happy . Have you heard of Traumerei? That's from his "Scenes from Childhood" and it's a gorgeous piece about a gr.7 level. Anyways, check it out if you have time!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:05 am

Angela wrote:
YES! I did play that nocturne before!!!! Several years ago! It's a very nice piece! I think Yundi Li is amazing! As for Brahms he has some WONDERFUL piano music! Andrew plays a piece called Waltz in A flat major and he does a great job at it! Then there is the Concerto no.2 in d minor which is absolutely STUNNING (that's the piece I'm playing!). I'd recommend listening to Claudio Arrau's performance when he was 83 years old!!!! Andrew made a video of me playing Raindrop prelude by Chopin today. Considering I hadn't played it in a VERY VERY long time it was a decent performance. I think Andrew is going to post it some time. I'm not sure when though. What other Chopin pieces do you like? Fantasie impromptu? Any of the Ballades? Another composer I like is Robert Schumann Very Happy . Have you heard of Traumerei? That's from his "Scenes from Childhood" and it's a gorgeous piece about a gr.7 level. Anyways, check it out if you have time!!!

Yeah, it is awsome Very Happy I know the frst 3 bars Laughing

Raindrop is also great! Smile He should post it right away =) hehe And Ill guess Ill check out the things now. Got nothing to do Razz
I like Fantasie Impromptu, got the sheets in a book here, but Im not really trying that one yet. Hehe.. Its a grade 8/9 I read somewhere.. But Within a couple of years for sure. Its my own personal goal cind of. But, I want to be alot better than grade8, but when I reach Fantasie at a fair level, I can finally call myselfe a Okay Pianist, hehe Smile I pretty much like all of Chopins Preludes, and Nocturnes. =)

I have haerd Of Chumann, but not sure I have heard any of his pieces, Ill check that out aswell then Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:00 am

Now I actually looked at my musicbook/sheetbook that came with the piano I bought, that Schumann is there, with Two pieces. Traumerei is one of them. Smile

And I just watched your performance!! It was Awsome!!! SmileSmile So emotionally played, I could really feel every single key!
Great one for sure! sunny
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:46 am

Thomandy wrote:Now I actually looked at my musicbook/sheetbook that came with the piano I bought, that Schumann is there, with Two pieces. Traumerei is one of them. Smile

And I just watched your performance!! It was Awsome!!! SmileSmile So emotionally played, I could really feel every single key!
Great one for sure! sunny

yes! Traumerei is a BEAUTIFUL piece! Oh! Is my performance up already!!?? haha! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I haven't played that Raindrop prelude for over 10 years (really! affraid ) and a couple of weeks ago, I was saw it in a book Andrew had and decided to give it a try! WELL! It was still in my fingers after ALL those years! The memory is DEFINITELY an amazing thing! Next up?? SCHUMANN FANTASIE!!!! Thanks for the positive review!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:45 am

Thomandy wrote:Yup, its a great thing. I read somewhere that everything you learn, at least almost everything, before you are 20 years olsd sticks really great. To bad I started at 23 Razz hehe

YIKIES thomandy!!! I never got to post my Schumann fantasie!!!!! Sad I've been afflicted with what appears to be tendonitis and I haven't been able to play in DAYS! AAAAARRGH! I'm having WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS!!!!!!!! lol... well not really but I'm trying to find SOME humour in all this! Actually I DID try to play SOME piano yesterday while I was at Andrew's place, but his cat stopped me by crawling onto my lap!!!! She's so cute and fuzzy I couldn't resist petting her! hahahaha! Anyways how is the practising going?

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:54 am

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Yup, its a great thing. I read somewhere that everything you learn, at least almost everything, before you are 20 years olsd sticks really great. To bad I started at 23 Razz hehe

YIKIES thomandy!!! I never got to post my Schumann fantasie!!!!! Sad I've been afflicted with what appears to be tendonitis and I haven't been able to play in DAYS! AAAAARRGH! I'm having WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS!!!!!!!! lol... well not really but I'm trying to find SOME humour in all this! Actually I DID try to play SOME piano yesterday while I was at Andrew's place, but his cat stopped me by crawling onto my lap!!!! She's so cute and fuzzy I couldn't resist petting her! hahahaha! Anyways how is the practising going?

Damn.. Are you getting tendonitit also? Sad Thats no good. What do you think the reason is?
Well, I see Smile No rush anyways, healt first you know. Hehe, and his cat is great! Smile (almost as great as mine, hehe Wink)
The practice goes great at the time. Im well into a new comp, that is faster and that I really like at the moment. Got maby 30-40sec introkindofthing.. hehe and my 7grader is comming along. Hope i can record wihin 3-4 weeks couse Im also arranging my own version of: House of the rising sun. Making it at level 4/9 I guess. First attempt to arrange.. And a couple of other smaller pieces just to have somthing to fill the time a bit more, hehe Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Yup, its a great thing. I read somewhere that everything you learn, at least almost everything, before you are 20 years olsd sticks really great. To bad I started at 23 Razz hehe

YIKIES thomandy!!! I never got to post my Schumann fantasie!!!!! Sad I've been afflicted with what appears to be tendonitis and I haven't been able to play in DAYS! AAAAARRGH! I'm having WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS!!!!!!!! lol... well not really but I'm trying to find SOME humour in all this! Actually I DID try to play SOME piano yesterday while I was at Andrew's place, but his cat stopped me by crawling onto my lap!!!! She's so cute and fuzzy I couldn't resist petting her! hahahaha! Anyways how is the practising going?

Damn.. Are you getting tendonitit also? Sad Thats no good. What do you think the reason is?
Well, I see Smile No rush anyways, healt first you know. Hehe, and his cat is great! Smile (almost as great as mine, hehe Wink)
The practice goes great at the time. Im well into a new comp, that is faster and that I really like at the moment. Got maby 30-40sec introkindofthing.. hehe and my 7grader is comming along. Hope i can record wihin 3-4 weeks couse Im also arranging my own version of: House of the rising sun. Making it at level 4/9 I guess. First attempt to arrange.. And a couple of other smaller pieces just to have somthing to fill the time a bit more, hehe Smile

Yahooooooey! Guess what> I CAN PLAY AGAIN! EEEEEE! So I may be able to post something before I leave in august! Yeah tendonitis SUCKS! New composition?? well I'm interested in hearing THAT! Your e minor one was VERY nice! Ah, arranging! I'm interested also in hearing your arrangment of House of the Rising sun:) I remember making a piano arrangment of this tango for cello and piano! hahaha! That was kinda fun! Anyways, I look forward to your other performances!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Thomandy on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 am

Angela wrote:
Yahooooooey! Guess what> I CAN PLAY AGAIN! EEEEEE! So I may be able to post something before I leave in august! Yeah tendonitis SUCKS! New composition?? well I'm interested in hearing THAT! Your e minor one was VERY nice! Ah, arranging! I'm interested also in hearing your arrangment of House of the Rising sun:) I remember making a piano arrangment of this tango for cello and piano! hahaha! That was kinda fun! Anyways, I look forward to your other performances!

Yeah Wink That was nice to hear. I guess its not Tentonitis then? You must be carefull now!! =)
Then I got somthing to look forward to then. Smile

Tnx Smile Glad you liked it. Couse I did use some time to make it just the way I wanted it Smile

Wow, cello And piano.. Do you play Cello also?? Multitallented!! Wink
Well, I look forward to your performance aswell. The Chopin Prelude you did is played often now. I think its the best one on youtube! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Yahooooooey! Guess what> I CAN PLAY AGAIN! EEEEEE! So I may be able to post something before I leave in august! Yeah tendonitis SUCKS! New composition?? well I'm interested in hearing THAT! Your e minor one was VERY nice! Ah, arranging! I'm interested also in hearing your arrangment of House of the Rising sun:) I remember making a piano arrangment of this tango for cello and piano! hahaha! That was kinda fun! Anyways, I look forward to your other performances!

Yeah Wink That was nice to hear. I guess its not Tentonitis then? You must be carefull now!! =)
Then I got somthing to look forward to then. Smile

Tnx Smile Glad you liked it. Couse I did use some time to make it just the way I wanted it Smile

Wow, cello And piano.. Do you play Cello also?? Multitallented!! Wink
Well, I look forward to your performance aswell. The Chopin Prelude you did is played often now. I think its the best one on youtube! Smile


Not tendonitis? Hmmmm. That's a good question. Come to think of it, it might NOT have been, but I'm thinking it COULD have been if I had kept playing while I was hurting. But!!! Yes I am gonna be EXTRA careful now! No I don't play cello, but I took a tango piece that was originally FOR cello and piano and made it into a piece that was JUST for piano!!!!! Anyways, I'm glad you enjoy the raindrop prelude so much:) I heard your New video. The Zelda one! Wow! Where'd ya find the sheet music to that?????

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Angela on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:04 am

Thomandy wrote:Aaah =) I see Wink Hehe..

But yeah, be carefull. I dont know how long you practice every day?? But I guess you used some houres on that 30min piece?
I found way down on this page:

http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/sheetmusic.php?franchise=TheLegendofZelda

Under; The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Filename: GRA-A-NDMA

I guess this is a song you can sightread pretty easy? Smile

Yeah! I gotta be real careful! How much do I usually practise everyday? Well..... a LOT! hahhahaha! Yeah I'm having some technical difficulties opening the GRA-A-NDMA song but that's only because I'm somewhat computer illiterate! Easy? Well I'm sure there must be SOME difficulties in that piece! hmmmm As soon as I get this thing to WORK! I'll see if I can learn this thing!!!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Location : London Ontario
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Angela & Thomas song disscussion Empty Re: Angela & Thomas song disscussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum