Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Cumparsita .. So Nice But Soooo Hard

+2
CripKilla
Amro
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

La Cumparsita .. So Nice But Soooo Hard Empty La Cumparsita .. So Nice But Soooo Hard

Post by Amro Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi,
I'm Amro ..
Actually this is my first post here ..

I would say that I'm so interested in the Piano ..
And having a course now .. ( Learning the Basics Sad )

The problem is that I saw alot of Pro vids., everytime i see a vid. I feel like a fool (I can only play : Love story, Godfather Theme, Fur Elise, Happy Birthday, ....)

When I heard La Cumparsita i was amazed ..
But I couldn't find any tutorials for it ...

So I'm Just wondering if Andrew or anyone can create a tutorial for it .. (I'll Be Greatful)

I'm watching all Andrew's vids. from the first ..
Hoping that I can Learn anything Smile

Thanks.
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

La Cumparsita .. So Nice But Soooo Hard Empty Re: La Cumparsita .. So Nice But Soooo Hard

Post by CripKilla Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Neutral
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

La Cumparsita .. So Nice But Soooo Hard Empty Re: La Cumparsita .. So Nice But Soooo Hard

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi! Yeah, it looks a bit hard for a beginner? How long have you played..?

welcome to the forum Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:47 pm

Thomandy wrote:Hi! Yeah, it looks a bit hard for a beginner? How long have you played..?

I'm Playing since 2 Years ... (But Still a Beginner .. I tried alone at first)

It was hard for me to play Piano & Study at the same time ...

NOW I'm FREE .. ( Hoping that i'll learn sth. like you .. How could u learn Piano in 6 mnths. ONLY !!)
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Amro wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Hi! Yeah, it looks a bit hard for a beginner? How long have you played..?

NOW I'm FREE .. ( Hoping that i'll learn sth. like you .. How could u learn Piano in 6 mnths. ONLY !!)

Ahah Smile Well, 2 years you probably got some great skill innsied of you Smile And now that you are free then it probably will be easyer Smile I guess If you feel its a bit hard; I say go for it. Thats how you grow. But if you really are thinkin* Hmmmmm... It sound sooo good, but way to hard; Then dont!!! Smile

Well, practice I guess. I Try to practice at least 1 hour a day Smile + scales, some hanon and other exerzises Smile
I do scales with metronome. That has been helpefull. And I just jump into these "a bit to hard" pieces.. The TO HARD ones, well.. I try them to, haha, nah, just kiddin' Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:44 pm

la cumparsita is quite difficult Smile mostly no pedal at all, and quick rhythm changes =) will require much practice
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Look at me, I've playd piano and keyboard since a very long time ago,
but I never really learned it before I found Andrew... ^_^

It's really about what you do when you do, you can fish everyday,
but if you fish the wrong way, you wont get any fish.

( too much fish talk here Very Happy )
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:20 am

Ok Guys ..
I started watching Andrew's videos .. (i watched the first 4 lessons .. "Knowing most of them")

But I found this Beautiful site : http://www.e-chords.com/

& I found La cumparsita : http://www.e-chords.com/cifra/idmusica/13414/keyb/true.htm

So should I play it or I have to finish all Andrew's videos first ??

Thanks.
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:23 am

Thomandy wrote:
Amro wrote:

Ahah Smile Well, 2 years you probably got some great skill innsied of you Smile And now that you are free then it probably will be easyer Smile I guess If you feel its a bit hard; I say go for it. Thats how you grow. But if you really are thinkin* Hmmmmm... It sound sooo good, but way to hard; Then dont!!! Smile

Well, practice I guess. I Try to practice at least 1 hour a day Smile + scales, some hanon and other exerzises Smile
I do scales with metronome. That has been helpefull. And I just jump into these "a bit to hard" pieces.. The TO HARD ones, well.. I try them to, haha, nah, just kiddin' Wink

I Practised 8 hours yesterday !!!
Practising & Practising .......
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:38 am

Wow, thats alot of practice Smile
Remember to take breaks or you will get Injuried!! Razz

But then you got alot of practice. What did you do?? Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:55 pm

After 2 years of playing I'm assuming that you know a bit of theory and how to play at least? If not, take your time and learn at your own pace. Don't stress yourself and learn harder pieces that you can't practically play yet.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Jordan wrote:After 2 years of playing I'm assuming that you know a bit of theory and how to play at least? If not, take your time and learn at your own pace. Don't stress yourself and learn harder pieces that you can't practically play yet.

Well. You know Jordan that I disagree a little bit there. Hehe Smile Not disagreeing about what you said in generall, but to try harder pieces might be good learning I think. I would never have tryed a 7/9 grade as I am alsmost ready with for upload if I had followed your advice some weeks/months ago Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:34 pm

"Aim one grade higher than your actual grade" - VictorCS
VictorCS
VictorCS

Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Jordan : Actually that's right ..
I have a little experience ..

But I tried La Cumparsita & I FAILED .. it's sooo Hard .. Even after getting the Melody & Bass ..

Thomas : Should I Try Again ??!
or what ??!

"Sooner or Later " - " I Feel That I'll Learn PIANO HERE "
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:51 am

Amro wrote:Jordan : Actually that's right ..
I have a little experience ..

But I tried La Cumparsita & I FAILED .. it's sooo Hard .. Even after getting the Melody & Bass ..

Thomas : Should I Try Again ??!
or what ??!

"Sooner or Later " - " I Feel That I'll Learn PIANO HERE "

Well, I am very new to this. So Its just an opinion based on me own experience. It might be against all theory. So ba warned. But what I usually say IS:

If you go: Hm, that looks hard, but I think that if I practice alot over a long time I Can do it. Then DO it Smile
If you go: Oh, it is soooo nice, but damn.... So hard!!!! Hm.... Hm... and Hm... : Then I say wait.

If you failed I think you should wait untill you know for sure that your teqniqe are alot better. Smile
That son IS REALLY hard. So its understandable that you fail it!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:27 pm

I understand what you mean Thomandy, and why you disagree with me, no problem Smile! However, I'm talking about pieces that are way higher then your level. For example if you're going to play a hard piece that's going to take you months to actually learn how to play it the right way, why even bother? For someone to play a harder piece when they don't have the proper technique to play it would be a waste of their time. They'll be sitting down for hours while they could be playing pieces that aren't as hard, equal to their grade level or maybe a bit higher, and actually enjoy playing it. Remember, it doesn't matter how difficult a piece is, it's the music that's important. You have to work your way up, it takes time and patience to even get to grade 7 or 9. I think it takes around more than 7-8 years if you're in a conservatory to actually play and be in grade 9 piano. That's just my opinion, though. I just think that jumping to harder pieces wouldn't be so clever if you don't have the proper technique yet. Razz
Jordan
Jordan

Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:55 pm

Jordan wrote:I understand what you mean Thomandy, and why you disagree with me, no problem Smile! However, I'm talking about pieces that are way higher then your level. For example if you're going to play a hard piece that's going to take you months to actually learn how to play it the right way, why even bother? For someone to play a harder piece when they don't have the proper technique to play it would be a waste of their time. They'll be sitting down for hours while they could be playing pieces that aren't as hard, equal to their grade level or maybe a bit higher, and actually enjoy playing it. Remember, it doesn't matter how difficult a piece is, it's the music that's important. You have to work your way up, it takes time and patience to even get to grade 7 or 9. I think it takes around more than 7-8 years if you're in a conservatory to actually play and be in grade 9 piano. That's just my opinion, though. I just think that jumping to harder pieces wouldn't be so clever if you don't have the proper technique yet. Razz

You got aloy of great point of course! Smile But remember there are 8 and 9 year old kids that do these aweseome pieces in grade 8 and 9 after 3 years with the piano. That would not be possible if one where to "hide" the tallent. I think you got to treat every person different. And not put everyone in the same box and say: It takes 7-8 years. For some it will never be possible to reach that level and for some it might happen after alot shorter time than 7 years Smile But thats my opinion. I might be wrong of course.
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:03 pm

Nah I'm not judging anyone by telling them how long it would take to accomplish something, that's totally fine with me. Of course you can start playing grade 8-9 piano within a few years! But it depends on how dedicated you are and how much time you put it into it. Everyone wants to get better faster, even I want to get better right away, it takes time and a lot of patience. Trust me I wish I could play some pieces that I love to hear, but unfortunately I can't manage them. If learning how to play piano in a week and be a virtuoso would be possible then it wouldn't be as fun, right? That would be cool but not for long. Razz
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:36 pm

Jordan wrote:Nah I'm not judging anyone by telling them how long it would take to accomplish something, that's totally fine with me. Of course you can start playing grade 8-9 piano within a few years! But it depends on how dedicated you are and how much time you put it into it. Everyone wants to get better faster, even I want to get better right away, it takes time and a lot of patience. Trust me I wish I could play some pieces that I love to hear, but unfortunately I can't manage them. If learning how to play piano in a week and be a virtuoso would be possible then it wouldn't be as fun, right? That would be cool but not for long. Razz

Yah, of course Smile But I tell you, Im working on a piece now you see. Its a grade 7/9 I read and got told by a pianist I know trought youtube. And I am close to making a recording. I estimate that I then have used about 20 hours of learning And practicetime to get it ready... I would never have been able to do that if stayd only in the lower grades. And you can of course make an judgement when its done. It might be horrible acourding to grade7 standards, and that I must have back in my head. But I hope that it is possible to get really good, fast Razz hehe Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Jordan wrote:it doesn't matter how difficult a piece is, it's the music that's important.

I agree, it's not about how many keys we play within a minute, but how they sound. Who cares if it's played fast, slow, with alot of jumps or the complexity? We all listen to the music because the sound, and a piece can sound beautiful even if it's very easy to play... So it's all about the music, not about how many dots there are on the sheet. I really enjoy John Petrucci's melodies, ofcourse in most of he's pieces he got some fast parts, but where the real beauty of his melodies kicks in is at the slow parts.

We're talking about 1 key at a time here, and it still sounds good ( with some backing drums/guitar etc, but what's important is what he plays ):

And everything is possible for every normal human ( It's har to play piano without arms etc... ). There is some difference between us, someone learn quicker, somone learn slower, but in average we can learn the same as others, it's all about interest and time we spend... If we look at sports, they run 100m in 10 seconds, some 1 second slower, some 1 second faster... It's like that in every sport, and everything else... I believe everyone can become what they want if they want. And how successfull we become is all about hard work and luck. There are plenty of youtubers that's prolly better then their idols, but their idol was lucky or worked hard to get a contract etc.

We only "differ" so little Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:53 pm

VictorCS wrote:
Jordan wrote:it doesn't matter how difficult a piece is, it's the music that's important.

I agree, it's not about how many keys we play within a minute, but how they sound. Who cares if it's played fast, slow, with alot of jumps or the complexity? We all listen to the music because the sound, and a piece can sound beautiful even if it's very easy to play... So it's all about the music, not about how many dots there are on the sheet.

Yeah, I agree Victor, but thats really a whole other discussion. And to master the higher grades gives at least me, in time, great satification and the feeling of mastering somthing. But this discussion was about when we should climp the grades. The easy pieces are awesome to play, and I love that, but the achevementfeeling isnt the same when playing i grade 1 piece!!! Even though the awesomeness of playing it can be great! Smile

So considering that, I think the grade got somthing to say. Or else people wouldnt really care to pay to examinate themselfe to higher grades. Or we wouldnt have grades at all. Im just sayin, one got to differ between grades and that stuff, and the greatness about playing pieces.
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:30 am

Thomandy wrote:
Jordan wrote:Nah I'm not judging anyone by telling them how long it would take to accomplish something, that's totally fine with me. Of course you can start playing grade 8-9 piano within a few years! But it depends on how dedicated you are and how much time you put it into it. Everyone wants to get better faster, even I want to get better right away, it takes time and a lot of patience. Trust me I wish I could play some pieces that I love to hear, but unfortunately I can't manage them. If learning how to play piano in a week and be a virtuoso would be possible then it wouldn't be as fun, right? That would be cool but not for long. Razz

I would never have been able to do that if stayd only in the lower grades.

If you stayed in your own grade level, by the time you get to grade 7, 8, or even 9 and 10, you would know how to play without sitting down for days trying to sight read a piece, or having difficulty playing because you would understand it in a more precise way Smile. You would've already learned proper techniques from your previous grade if you were in a conservatory or taking lessons. Obviously it depends on what piece, there are lots of pieces that would take months to learn even if you're a good pianist. In order to even have the technique you need to play in a higher grade, you would obtain that while you're climbing your way up with examinations on the current grade you're in. Everyone starts off somewhere Smile. If you were to learn how to skate and then try to play in a professional hockey league like the NHL after you just started learning how to skate wouldn't be possible, that's why you start off low and then you proceed higher and higher until you get better. And as VictorCS said, some people learn faster than others, I'm going to point that at you because you've been playing for 6 months and look at how much better you've got Very Happy! And I love the fact that you're getting better, it makes me feel happy for you because you got great potential and dedication, put those two together and you've got a great musician. However, It took Andrew years to even get to where he's at. He started off at grade 1 and he worked his way up until he finished grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and almost 11. That's what everyone has to do no matter what. Some people skip grades but it's rare.

Trust me, I know how it feels when you get to play something harder and actually play it good when you're not at that level yet, because like you said, it feels good and its an accomplishment. I totally agree with that Very Happy. Learning harder pieces is fine! You can do whatever you want because it really doesn't matter if you try harder stuff! Don't get offended because even I try to learn harder pieces that I wish I could play right away, and it sucks that I can't do it yet because I'm not practically ready yet, but keep in mind that once you're at the grade level that is specified for that type of piece you wouldn't have trouble learning it as much as you would now. Keep that in mind! Razz

Thomandy wrote:Or else people wouldnt really care to pay to examinate themselfe to higher grades. Or we wouldnt have grades at all.
Well, you got a point... but I don't think that's a correct statement because if there weren't lower grades in school then how would a child learn his math, alphabets, and other stuff so that when he gets older he'll be ready for the next grade? If you take a 4 year old child and put him in grade 3 with 8-9 year old's, how would he manage that? Unless he's a prodigy or gifted. Everyone starts off somewhere and that's why there are lower grades. Higher grades are for people who've already finished the lower grades, and therefore they can manage where they're currently at. But obviously you can try some harder stuff out, nothing is wrong with that. It's just that if you were already at that level you wouldn't find it as difficult to learn when you're not at that level.

By the way I know that you have a Bachelor in childcare, that's pretty amazing! Just refer to our discussion about grades, though. Because I know you would blow me away with children since I don't have a clue about childcare, haha. Razz
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:21 am

Jordan wrote:
Thomandy wrote:

I would never have been able to do that if stayd only in the lower grades.

If you stayed in your own grade level, by the time you get to grade 7, 8, or even 9 and 10, you would know how to play without sitting down for days trying to sight read a piece, or having difficulty playing because you would understand it in a more precise way. You would've already learned proper techniques from your previous grade if you were in a conservatory or taking lessons. Obviously it depends on what piece, there are lots of pieces that would take months to learn even if you're a good pianist. In order to even have the technique you need to play in a higher grade, you would obtain that while you're climbing your way up with examinations on the current grade you're in. Everyone starts off somewhere. If you were to learn how to skate and then try to play in a professional hockey league like the NHL after you just started learning how to skate wouldn't be possible, that's why you start off low and then you proceed higher and higher until you get better. And as VictorCS said, some people learn faster than others, I'm going to point that at you because you've been playing for 6 months and look at how much better you've got Very Happy! It took Andrew years to even get to where he's at, he started off at grade 1 and he worked his way up until he finished grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. That's what everyone has to do no matter what. Some people skip grades but it's rare.

Trust me, I know how it feels when you get to play something harder and actually play it good when you're not at that level yet, it feels good and its an accomplishment.
Learning harder pieces is fine! You can do whatever you want, though. It really doesn't matter if you try harder stuff! Don't get offended because even I try to learn harder pieces that I wish I could play right away, but keep in mind that once you're at the grade level that is specified for that type of piece you wouldn't have trouble learning it as much as you would now. Keep that in mind! Razz

Well. I get all that you are saying here! Im a little confused, couse In a way I thought that based on what I say we pretty much agree on everything. Couse as I am saying. I learn lowgraded pieces all the time. I always got 1 or 2 lowgraded pieces I learn and practice. But at the same time I have the harder ones!!! Only 1 at the same time.

Based on what you say, it seems that I am jumping past all grades and starts at 7/9, and that couse I manage to play a 7 piece that I think I am a grade 7 pianist... That is NOT what I try to say Wink hehe
To repeet myselfe: I work in the lower grades, 2-3-4-5 with pieces that I use 1 to 3/4 days learning and are then done. Or you might say: Perfected! Then I start a New lowgrade piece. At the same time as Im learning 5-6 smaller pieces I learn 1 Highgrader. Atm a 7grader.

So Im not skipping. Im working my way from the beginning, while at the same time having some fun up in the skyes Smile

Ps: I know Andrew also played around at higher grades even thoug he was in the lower grades. And his GF Angela skipped Grade 7. She also played around above her grade Smile

Another Ps: Do you think that 20 hours on a piece, ink learning it and practicing it is to long??? When I record my 7g I have used about 20hours Total in that prosess. 4 hours learning these 5 pages(3) by hart:) Thats why I see no harm in having fun above my "grade". Smile

Jordan wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Or else people wouldnt really care to pay to examinate themselfe to higher grades. Or we wouldnt have grades at all.
Well, you got a point... but I don't think that's corrent because if there weren't lower grades in school then how would a child learn his math, alphabets, and other stuff so that when he gets older he'll be ready for the next grade? If you take a 4 year old child and put him in grade 3 with 8-9 year old's, how would he manage that? Unless he's a prodigy or gifted. Everyone starts off somewhere and that's why there are lower grades. Higher grades are for people who've already finished the lower grades, and therefore they can manage where they're currently at.

By the way I know that you have a Bachelor in childcare, that's pretty amazing! Just refer to our discussion about grades, though. Because I know you would blow me away with children and such, haha.

Well, I dont think you read the whole last part Razz or you missunderstoud me, becouse you tok that scentence out of context. This is what I said:
Thomandy wrote:I think the grade got somthing to say. Or else people wouldnt really care to pay to examinate themselfe to higher grades. Or we wouldnt have grades at all.

So I say that we NEED grades Smile Hehe, I guess its no need do argue about that at lest, since we Agree Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 am

I understand what you're saying now. You just want to have some fun by trying out harder stuff, like I said, that's fine Smile! Everyone does that so it's cool. I think it's good practice to play something harder than what you currently can play, so I totally understand your theory.

Do you go to a conservatory? If you're in a conservatory or taking piano lessons, unfortunately your teacher wouldn't let you play anything higher then your grade level until you get better. My teacher doesn't allow me to do that. If you're not taking lessons and you're self-teaching yourself, you've got all that freedom in your hands to learn stuff that's higher then where you're at! Once you start taking lessons you're going to have to wait until you can play harder stuff when you're actually in the process with your teacher, but your free to play anything you want while you're home practicing. Very Happy
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:57 am

Jordan wrote:I understand what you're saying now. You just want to have some fun by trying out harder stuff, like I said, that's fine Smile! Everyone does that so it's cool. I think it's good practice to play something harder than what you currently can play, so I totally understand your theory.

Yeah Very Happy

Jordan wrote:
Do you go to a conservatory? If you're in a conservatory or taking piano lessons, unfortunately your teacher wouldn't let you play anything higher then your grade level until you get better. My teacher doesn't allow me to do that. If you're not taking lessons and you're self-teaching yourself, you've got all that freedom in your hands to learn stuff that's higher then where you're at! Once you start taking lessons you're going to have to wait until you can play harder stuff when you're actually in the process with your teacher, but your free to play anything you want while you're home practicing. Very Happy

Im selfethought Smile And Im gona be for some time I guess.. Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next