Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play By Ear (Iphone)

Go down

Play By Ear (Iphone) Empty Play By Ear (Iphone)

Post by goodell Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:39 am

Hey guys. I haven't been around here in awhile, but I always like to come back when I find a cool new piano related thing.

I found this free Iphone app called playbyear, it shows you a note on a staff, then plays an interval using the speaker. You look at the first note on the staff, and try to figure out the next note.

For example it will show a C on a staff, then it will play a C followed by a G, and you will have to figure out the G. It recognizes the note you play on your instrument and lets you know if you got it right after you play it. It lets you decide which intervals it will test you on, and eventually you can move on to chords or short melodies if you feel up to it.

Very cool for anyone interested in ear training, I think he also has an online app, but there's no pitch recognition. Oh yeah, and it's free!

http://www.iwasdoingallright.com/playbyear/
goodell
goodell
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 50
Job/hobbies : No job currently / Soccer, weight lifting, tennis, video games, gaining useless talents....
Length of time playing piano : Since about Feb. 10, 2009
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down