Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do I have to study to understand and compose based on this kind of harmony?

2 posters

Go down

What do I have to study to understand and compose based on this kind of harmony? Empty What do I have to study to understand and compose based on this kind of harmony?

Post by manuel2501 Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 pm

What do I have to study to understand and compose based on this kind of harmony?

Post by manuel2501 Today at 6:03 pm
Hello! this is my first post and I need some guide and advice about harmony.
I'm studying music theory and harmony on my own, I'm already have some knowledge of chords and scales (major, and the three minor).Now, I'm a big fan of Camille Saint-Saëns and tchaikovsky and I would like to know what do I have to know to understand their music, and if its possible to write music in that style.
here you got a reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bV11c91D4k

listen at 1:11 ( love it!!) Smile
manuel2501
manuel2501

Male Number of posts : 3
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

What do I have to study to understand and compose based on this kind of harmony? Empty Re: What do I have to study to understand and compose based on this kind of harmony?

Post by rbacl Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:00 pm

My relatively uninformed opinion, is that beginning musicians fail to let their imaginations develop in tandem with their own use of the instrument. In other words, they (we) don't really play. And indeed I think that we fall in love with a style, a style that speaks to us, and that becomes our musical vibration, so that we don't produce our own habit of satisfying ourselves vibrationally through our own efforts. I think it takes willpower to shut off the radio, the CD player, the old vinyl, and give our own minds a chance.

rbacl
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 27
Length of time playing piano : a few years in childhood, now seeking to kindle
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down