Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

small problem with a song/ suggestion

3 posters

Go down

small problem with a song/ suggestion Empty small problem with a song/ suggestion

Post by sourstripe Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:13 am

First the suggestion. I would be a good idea to add like a general questions section for people like me who are not sure where their question should of went.

okay... question time

so i am learning fur elise you your video lesson (while doing the other lessons from the beginning)
i got stuck on one part not the fingering or anything but the sound i am getting. after you do the first 5 4 5 4 5 2 4 3 1 where 1 would be an A, and you get to the next part where the right hand comes in. you start on a with the right hand's 5 (pinkey) i can't seem to get it to sound right for some reason. like the transition of the sound seems kinda off. hope you get what i mean. Now i dont know if this is my keyboard or me pressing to fast or taking to long to get from one A to the other.

any tips or anything would be very helpfull.

You and your videos have been a super help so far. without em i wouldnt of even gotten this far.

sourstripe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 15
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

small problem with a song/ suggestion Empty Re: small problem with a song/ suggestion

Post by Marnex Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 am

Ok, it's E, D#, E, D#, E, B, D, C, A. Then it goes to a C. As in, when you hit the A, count 5 notes to the left. Your thumb should be on C, then play E, A, B(Pinky on B). It should sound like "Ba, ba, ba, bam" xD

As for the suggestion, I don't know. Maybe Andrew will add that.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

small problem with a song/ suggestion Empty Re: small problem with a song/ suggestion

Post by sourstripe Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:54 pm

thanks for that what you said helped out. Im gonna have to go over that again though till i can get the hang of it >.<. Well atleast i got the hang of the E, D#, E, D#, E, B, D, C, A for now Very Happy

lets hope andrew has some tips XD

sourstripe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by sourstripe Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:02 am

sorry for double posting.

so i was playing some more tonight. and this left hand thing is annoying me. right after i hit the A with the right hand and the first left hand part i cant get it to sound right. Im pretty sure im hitting the wrong A or i dont know >.< Sad but it's annoying as hell.

I am playing it just like andrew said but i think because it's keyboard i might need to move the notes around or something.

sourstripe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:42 pm

Wow, noone else posted? What A are you playing?
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by sourstripe Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:31 am

two a's to the left from the A right to the left of middle C. but it dosnt seem i have a middle C on my 61key keyboard. I am using ctk-481 keyboard

sourstripe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 am

It has to be your fingering because my keyboard also has 61 keys. You should be playing A, E, A on your left hand.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBIN Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:52 am

sourstripe wrote:two a's to the left from the A right to the left of middle C. but it dosnt seem i have a middle C on my 61key keyboard. I am using ctk-481 keyboard
hi sourstripe Smile ok starting from left of your keyboard ..mid C is 15 white keys from left
your 1st L hand A is 6 white keys from start of keyboard and you R hand A is 20 white keys from strt of keyboard hope this helps gd luck with rest of song Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sourstripe Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:47 pm

woah. thanksss Very Happy that does help. i managed to get it to sound way better then before.

sourstripe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down