Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pedaling (adding this because the title has to be at least 10 characters ^^)

5 posters

Go down

Pedaling (adding this because the title has to be at least 10 characters ^^) Empty Pedaling (adding this because the title has to be at least 10 characters ^^)

Post by d.chimeraan Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:47 am

Few questions about pedaling: Which lesson is it that Andrew talks about when to use the pedal? I can't seem to find it. Also, about what level or when should we start using it? Unless that's already answered in the lesson... thanks.

d.chimeraan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Ultimate, pool, gaming, and now piano
Length of time playing piano : Nonexistent
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Pedaling (adding this because the title has to be at least 10 characters ^^) Empty Re: Pedaling (adding this because the title has to be at least 10 characters ^^)

Post by VictorCS Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:56 am

Pedaling is a powerful tool, but in most cases it's getting used more than it should. But I do understand, because pedaling ads so much power to the stuff you are playing.

I've only pedal'd for 2 months, and I'm not to good at it, but I try everyday to figure out how to use it better.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Pedaling (adding this because the title has to be at least 10 characters ^^) Empty Re: Pedaling (adding this because the title has to be at least 10 characters ^^)

Post by d.chimeraan Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:22 pm

/bump

d.chimeraan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:11 am

I started to use it when I got my piano, and I wasnt playing at a high grade then. So id say; Start when you feel like it, but the sooner you implement the pedal the better really. If you go slow enough in the beginning it shouldnt be any problem Smile Just turn down the metronome and go slow, and you will soon be able to use the pedal at higher speed, and with greater feel Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by d.chimeraan Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:42 am

Thanks for the tip! But still, when do you use it during a piece? And which lesson of Andrew's is it under?

d.chimeraan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:18 am

Lets pretend the damper is an ingredient, to make the song tasty. The creamish taste of something expensive.

Let's say the song is a cake, some parts it's dry and got a firm texture, others it's in between, and at the most tasty and moisture it's like cream. You wanna make the piece like a good cake. Basically it's fundation should have a firm texture, in between cracks it shall have a soft texture that joins the firm texture together. And at the top you want a moist, almost wet chocolate cream that tastes expensive, that brings the power out of the cake/piece....

If you dont use the pedal, the cake will be just dry...
If you push the pedal to the ground you will get cream...

A dry cake doesnt taste to good, but cream shaped as a cake wont stand the slicing and look like a cake when it's cut in pieces. You need both parts to make the cake moist and delicious.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:59 am

I think it was lesson #30 or somthing of the old lessons. I'm going to redo that lesson in the near future probably 2 or so weeks. So keep watching my youtube channel for new lessons ^_^ (I feel guilty for not posting a new lesson in a while, but at the same time not TOO guilty since I put out 36 lesson over the summer)
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Pedaling (adding this because the title has to be at least 10 characters ^^) Empty I only wish I had a pedal!

Post by Marcia Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:48 pm

I have a digital keyboard! No pedal Crying or Very sad can see I'm going to have to buy a real piano some day.

Marcia

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by d.chimeraan Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:22 am

Admin Andrew wrote:I think it was lesson #30 or somthing of the old lessons. I'm going to redo that lesson in the near future probably 2 or so weeks. So keep watching my youtube channel for new lessons ^_^ (I feel guilty for not posting a new lesson in a while, but at the same time not TOO guilty since I put out 36 lesson over the summer)

Ah, thanks. I'll have to take a look at that after I've finished this song (first one! >.< *what I consider performance-worthy). Thankfully it doesn't need the pedal, haha. And nothing to be guilty about: answering our questions in this forum is just as helpful!

d.chimeraan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down