Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My story of my life

5 posters

Go down

My story of my life Empty My story of my life

Post by Pianokid220 Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:36 pm

I am 12 years old living in Rochester NY USA (for some pictures: austinpiano.spaces.live.com). when I was 2 years old I fell back into pool and smashed my back of my head open so I used to have stitches on my back of my head. I would always sing what was on my mind I always loved music class I just waited for it. but soon I noticed I was the only one in my class who got a 100% on a composing project. soon before I knew it I started to like to play my little keyboard I had. creating my own melodys and what not. but then I knew I said I want a piano. but it took 3 years to make my grand parents to realize that he wanted it. then for my birthday my grandma brought me to the Eastman to play on there concert grand. so now after hearing me play they might give me a scholar ship to the school. but in real school I get called a nerd becuse I study piano and music and I wear dress shirts. so whenever I get a chance to talk to andrew or any one who will I will be there for an hour becuse I speak my mind
Pianokid220
Pianokid220
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : pEOPLE ARE MEAN
Length of time playing piano : WHY PLEASE DELETE ME ACCOUNT NOW
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/aclyde15greenc

Back to top Go down

My story of my life Empty Re: My story of my life

Post by Thomandy Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi Smile

First: Glad to hear that things are good after that accident. That sounded like lots of pain Razz

Sec: Cool, scholarship? That would be Amazing ha?? Then there is no reason not to practice as much as you can, in the right way. And as much as you can, does not mean To much!! Injury-risk ect Smile Hope that works out!!

Third: Dont let anyone push you down!! If you feel relaxed and want to wear dress-shirts, playing piano ect then do it! I guess you already are, but It might be though getting &$^# from ignorant people with to much insecurity and focus on bringing other people down cause of it. Smile Its more respect to be yourself, than those who have to say and mean and do what they feel others expects them to. You are only 12 and kids/youngsters in that age are not themselves for many reasons. So if you can, be proud and raise above their name-calling Smile And today, the expression; Nerd is more and more a compliment!! Smile

Keep it up Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianokid220 Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:38 pm

I fell when I was 2 so I don't remerber that good Very Happy
Pianokid220
Pianokid220
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : pEOPLE ARE MEAN
Length of time playing piano : WHY PLEASE DELETE ME ACCOUNT NOW
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/aclyde15greenc

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Remember that people only push down those who looks vulnerable. Show that your proud of yourself and people will not dare to push you down Wink. Good luck
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Nice story ^_^ Maybe you'll become a famous composer some day Very Happy that would be awesome!

Don't worry about people pushing you around. I got pushed around a lot when i was a kid as well. Eventually you realize that the people doing the pushing are just insecure with themselves. Also, pianohama is right, if you give someone an opportunity to push you around and they are insecure, they will. It's not that you have a problem, it's that THEY do. They're just taking it out on you. Usually people are jelous of people who have abilities that make them different than the normal non motivated / unpassionate people. consider yourself lucky Wink
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by SX001 Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:01 am

Yep, welcome, pianokid.

Never mind these who say "nerd" to you. People are afraid of the people whom they dont understand. AND also afraid of those who have passion about some very certain area what others dont understand. LIke some fundamental instinct that they want to "be better than others" but they instinctively know that they arent.

Take it as a compliment and better
to avoid these who say. Seek those who have similar interests (hobby schools
around etc), in "normal" school are together random people who wont suit
together mostly.

And 20 years later the picture looks different ... those who said to you "nerd" or something, have no interests usually and are just this "gray mass without interests"... BUT YOU are still messing with your favourite hobby but achieved a lot... Wink Also... notice that only those will say to you "nerd" who are mostly insecure and dont share the interest or dont understand, but they dont use that word 20 years later.

SX001
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : composing/arranging/playing music, keyboards, electronics, 80-s synth music, spacesynth
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down