Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello my story ;)

5 posters

Go down

Hello my story ;) Empty Hello my story ;)

Post by Kahlan Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:08 pm

just a little about me. My name Nina, Age 22 are from Norway, Senja its all the way up in the north.

Me and the piano has looong history together, i started playing for the first time when i was five, started because of my dad he plays the piano in a jazzband, (Basement inc) i wanted something that we could have in common, so he bought me a keyboard the year i became seven. Since I started so young i did't learn to read notes insted i listen to the music and copied. Not long after i was seven my mom and dad got divorced, and i stopped playing the piano for a long time. I also believed for a while the divorce was my fault. I was daddy's girl....
Me and my mom started moving around alot, never staying very long in one place, and i still did not play. After a while we settle down in one place for five years and again I started to play, this time i was older and startet learing to read notes, i did not have a piano, but i jused the neighbours piano, and i had my keyboard from my dad.
I played we moved again to Senja i still played but not so much, and i started singing, i played and sang for four years until i started smoking, (never start smoking it's no good) had to give up siging, but still played.
Then i moved away to go to school, while i was away from home i was busy with school, work and to survive life you can say, to try to forget bad things that happend to me when i was younger,(that is another looong story) so the piano was like a lost chapter in my life at that time. Until now, i decided me and my piano deserves a second chance, we are starting all over again from scratch, because a love to play i allways have and i allways will, still playing on the keyboard from my dad, but soon i will buy a real piano. Wink
Not long after i decided to pick up the piano again i just found out that my dad, who i have not heard from since the divorce is coming to visit me, talk about irony. I used to love my dad, now he's just another stranger you meet on the street.

So that's my story Wink
Kahlan
Kahlan
Kahlan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : no work, just play
Length of time playing piano : since i've was seven
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://www.kahlan.blogg.no

Back to top Go down

Hello my story ;) Empty Re: Hello my story ;)

Post by Phi Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi Nina,
Welcome to the forums.

That's the most inspiring story I've read in a while.
Its funny how music always has a way of getting to us no matter how far from it we've moved.
I'm really happy about your dad's visit.

You're among friends here --feel free to ask any questions you may have about piano, and offer help if you can.
Most of us are just starting out, so it should be a fun experience...

Glad to have you here cheers

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 122
Job/hobbies : Student/Gaming, Piano, Programming
Length of time playing piano : Since Feb. 08
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlan Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:41 pm

thank you Wink
Kahlan
Kahlan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Nice to get to know a little of you Smile Interesting story for sure Smile
Probably when you meet your dad again, its a little more emotions in the picture that if you meet the "regular guy in the street" It might not be realeasin when you meet him, But I do belive that the conection you had and got biologicaly with your dad got some unbreakeble strings!
I dont just belive that, I am sure of it! Smile

Glad to have you here Smile Feel fre to ask and answer whatever and whenever Smile Andrew will be back next month couse of his tendonites, but he is waching over us every day Wink

Btw: Jeg er også Norsk! =) Bor litt lenger sør da, ved Oslo! =))
(Btw: I am Norwegian aswell. Live a bit further to the south, near Oslo)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlan Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:18 pm

thank you, you are so sweet. I was born in Oslo since my dad is from there Very Happy
And i understand what you are saying about bonds and that, but i'm not so sure i look forward to meeting him again, it was his choice not to have any contact with me after the devorce, god knows i tried to get back in touch with him many times. And i feel that he has no right to come back into my life like that now, i grew up whitout him or any other replacement. But biologicaly i know where my musical talent comes from, because my mom can't carry a tune even to save her own life..... tongue
Kahlan
Kahlan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:10 pm

Kahlan wrote:thank you, you are so sweet. I was born in Oslo since my dad is from there Very Happy
And i understand what you are saying about bonds and that, but i'm not so sure i look forward to meeting him again, it was his choice not to have any contact with me after the devorce, god knows i tried to get back in touch with him many times. And i feel that he has no right to come back into my life like that now, i grew up whitout him or any other replacement. But biologicaly i know where my musical talent comes from, because my mom can't carry a tune even to save her own life..... tongue

I hear you! But maby one day it will be known the reason for his choice! Of course I cant put my selfe in your position, but still maby there are things he has struggled with that has keept him away from you. Maby he didnt want you to experience his sorrows, or problems?! There might be many human factors that has kept him away. I dont know. But as you say, you where a dadysgirl. You wouldnt have been that if his love for you where unpure and both the biological conection and personal conection where missing back then. Thats why I think there might be somthing behind the surface, that you dont see now or might not ever see. I cant belive that he willingly held you away from him!! Razz
I might be completly wrong also Wink hehehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:07 pm

As I heard they say on "Home and Away" today, it's not always black and white, so there can be reasons why he did what he did...

But lets get back to the good things, you play piano, you're on Andrew's forum and you're norwegian...
Why do all norwegians end up here? It's like 3 of us now ^_^

What music do you play? Do you improvise jazz/blues? Or do you just play todays modern music?
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:09 pm

VictorCS wrote:As I heard they say on "Home and Away" today, it's not always black and white, so there can be reasons why he did what he did...

But lets get back to the good things, you play piano, you're on Andrew's forum and you're norwegian...
Why do all norwegians end up here? It's like 3 of us now ^_^

What music do you play? Do you improvise jazz/blues? Or do you just play todays modern music?

Yeah Smile Norway is great. We got Grieg! Smile Wooho Smile Dont know where that came from, but whatever! =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlan Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:17 am

yes you are right victorCS, back to the piont. And Thomas i promise to have and open mind when i meet my dad again Wink
now let's see i played jazz and blues for a while but i never got the hang of it, i play mostly music that i feel is alive, if you know what i mean. It tends to be the classical music, it's so full of life, and the pieces always have a story to tell. it's not that long ago i started to learn to read notes again, so that is slow going, i do still cheat from time to time, by listening to the music and copying it, it's faster, but i have to lean to read notes to Wink the first big piece i learned to play was one last wish from the movie Casper, i just love that movie so much that i named my cat Casper Laughing Comptine d'un autre été is one i alreadyknow how to play, but i'm trying to play it by reading notes, it's hard, but i love this song so simple but yet so much to tell Wink I also have a thing for Vivaldi Very Happy And i'm soooo happy Andrew has taken time to make his videos and this forum, so much help Wink I adore him.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlan Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:09 am

god mornig everybody, t's a great day, the sun is warm and sunny Laughing
I just found the piano i'm going to buy when i get my money, both my cats are outside playing in the gras that gives me time to practice without helping paws Very Happy And my father is coming next week. But before i can practice playing i have to clean my appertment, not so much fun when you do it but an amazing feeling when you are done Wink
i wish everybody a super duper happy day sunny
Kahlan
Kahlan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwesifriends Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:57 am

Hello Kahlan welcome to the forum and I wish you could learn more here.
kwesifriends
kwesifriends
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 139
Job/hobbies : Student, Bookaholic, Piano, Violin
Length of time playing piano : 10 months
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://kwesifriends.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Kahlan wrote:god mornig everybody, t's a great day, the sun is warm and sunny Laughing
I just found the piano i'm going to buy when i get my money, both my cats are outside playing in the gras that gives me time to practice without helping paws Very Happy And my father is coming next week. But before i can practice playing i have to clean my appertment, not so much fun when you do it but an amazing feeling when you are done Wink
i wish everybody a super duper happy day sunny

Thanks!
...seeing that it was still midnight for most forum members when you posted Very Happy hehe...
Its just past 4pm here, and the weather's been awesome --sunny and breezy!

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlan Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:04 pm

whoops Very Happy
Kahlan
Kahlan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlan Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:48 pm

ok i thought i woukd update you guys if anyone's interested about my meeting with my dad. I meet him this week, he came to my place for dinner, and it went soo good, better than i expected Wink i'm happy Very Happy
Kahlan
Kahlan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Kahlan wrote:ok i thought i woukd update you guys if anyone's interested about my meeting with my dad. I meet him this week, he came to my place for dinner, and it went soo good, better than i expected Wink i'm happy Very Happy

Yay Smile That is nice to hear SmileSmile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Kahlan wrote:ok i thought i woukd update you guys if anyone's interested about my meeting with my dad. I meet him this week, he came to my place for dinner, and it went soo good, better than i expected Wink i'm happy Very Happy

That's nice...
I'm also very happy for you Very Happy

cheers

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down