Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from London, UK

5 posters

Go down

Hi from London, UK Empty Hi from London, UK

Post by JohnA Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:31 am

Hi All. Well I thought I'd make a quick post to introduce myself. First I'd like to say a big thank you to Andrew for his excellent teaching style, wit and humour that he adds and for making learning a fun and cheap experience! I've enjoyed the lessons and I'm going to post a few suggestions on how to improve them in the suggestions area of the site. They've been a great help to get me learning and it's nice to see that a community is building up around it here.

I'm 32 (I know ancient to many of you, but when you get here you'll still feel young) and I had piano lessons when I was about 9. I didn't have too many lessons as I think my parents didn't like spending the money so I felt guilty about having the lessons and stopped. Funny really, considering that we had a baby grand piano at home. So I have forever wanted to play the piano again, and the other day I bought myself a second hand M-Audio Keystation 88es for £75 (about US$150) which was perfected! I was worried that if I let my partner buy me a piano she'd buy me a 66 or 48 key electro gadget with 100's of silly buttons on it and crappy flat keys, so I bought my own. Great weighted keys and is a great way for anyone to get started cheaply.

I bought myself eMedia Piano & Keyboard v2. Beginners which has been very useful so I'd recommend that to people here. It's a bit slow going and doesn't get right into it like Andrew does, but it is very thorough and takes you clearly through learning the various elements of sheet reading at a pace that matches learning speed.

I'm beginning to feel addicted to learning piano! I spent nearly all day yesterday glued to my computer and keyboard learning. I guess it's a good thing as long as I don't over do it on my hands.

So hello to all and I'm looking forward to contributing where I can and learning from you all. Happy learning!

JD Very Happy
JohnA
JohnA
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Job/hobbies : Life Coach, skiing, canoeing, water skiing, traveling, great food, movies
Length of time playing piano : since mid August 2008
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.empyreanlife.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hi from London, UK Empty Re: Hi from London, UK

Post by Thomandy Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:36 am

Hello! Smile Looks like you got of to a good start then =)
Welcome to the forum Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnA Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Thanks Thomandy. Looks like you are a very active member on this forum which is great to see. I checked out a few of your videos. Excellent stuff! I sure want to aim to be able to play at that level in the time you have. You must put a lot of work into it. JD
JohnA
JohnA
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Job/hobbies : Life Coach, skiing, canoeing, water skiing, traveling, great food, movies
Length of time playing piano : since mid August 2008
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.empyreanlife.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:55 pm

johnadurcan wrote:I was worried that if I let my partner buy me a piano she'd buy me a 66 or 48 key electro gadget with 100's of silly buttons on it and crappy flat keys, so I bought my own. Great weighted keys and is a great way for anyone to get started cheaply.

Always best to buy yourself if you now what you want. Smile
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:14 pm

johnadurcan wrote:Thanks Thomandy. Looks like you are a very active member on this forum which is great to see. I checked out a few of your videos. Excellent stuff! I sure want to aim to be able to play at that level in the time you have. You must put a lot of work into it. JD

Thank you Smile Smile Well, I try to put qualitytime into my practice Smile Doing things correct at once. Going slow and not rushing practice. I usually do 1 hour or more every day. The last week I have managed to use maybe at least 2 hours every day! Smile And I devide it trough the day. Not 2 hours at the same time, but maybe like 2-6 à 20-30min times where I sit down and do different things. Smile

Later Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Welcome to the forum!!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Welcome John
I know how you feel about being glued to the piano and all the thoughts are revolving around... it is seriously addictive drunken by the way Im sure you know age doesnt count... but Im right there with you being "ancient" and start the piano just barely. Even though the clock is ticking I feel the more time you spent on the basics the better you will be, no hurry. I have eMedia Piano & Keyboard Method... I dont know how is that different from yours but it is a fun program for sure, easy to digest ... there are plenty of lessons on that... over 300 plus the techniques... thanks for reminding me of that I should use that more often...
I collected so much resources Im getting lost in them lol!
So again welcome to the community... happy wondering around and good luck on playing the piano.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down