Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sepheron's Original Compositions, Improvisations, etc.

+13
Fryderyk
zihanah
xkuruma
Phi
pianohama
maggiekedves
Phobik2000
CripKilla
Casyopea
Admin Andrew
Thomandy
VictorCS
Sepheron
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sepheron's Original Compositions, Improvisations, etc. Empty Sepheron's Original Compositions, Improvisations, etc.

Post by Sepheron Fri May 02, 2008 1:41 am

Hello guys! Nice to meet everyone! Wink
I was talking with Pianohama today over msn, and he told me to join this forum cause it had some nice peoplê Rolling Eyes

Well... here am I. My name is Miguel Luzio, and i have some piano experience... and what better way to show someone if not to show their own music huh? Wink I've made quite some musics (piano only) already... so i'll just link the more recent ones, however you can listen to all my other by clicking on the link to my name wich will redirect you to the root of my accout.

So.. here goes (there only audio, cause i don't own a recording camera):

Original compositions:
link: Warmth
link: Promissed Land

Improvisations: (on a little side note, my improvisations are always 1 time only, there's not pre-thought melodie, chord progression or whatever you can think of... It's just sit down and play whatever comes to my mind)
link: Free Improvisation nr7
link: Free Improvisation nr6

So... here's some of my stuff! Feedback will be apreciated! Very Happy

Hmm my next object is getting somewhat proficient with blues/jazz type of music so i can introduce more stuff into my improvisation and composing skills. One of wich i'm particularly interested is Jazz Fusion (anyone has any tips from this stuf?), wich i do like a lot!

Well thankyou for the time reading/listening to my stuff, i really hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Sepheron on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 42
Job/hobbies : Master in Electronic Engineer - getting a Doctor degree / Play piano
Length of time playing piano : I don't really know. I've been on and off constantly, but quite a few years for sure!
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.esnips.com/user/sepheron

Back to top Go down

Sepheron's Original Compositions, Improvisations, etc. Empty Re: Sepheron's Original Compositions, Improvisations, etc.

Post by VictorCS Fri May 02, 2008 5:25 am

AMAZING. ( tongueless )
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Sepheron's Original Compositions, Improvisations, etc. Empty Re: Sepheron's Original Compositions, Improvisations, etc.

Post by Thomandy Fri May 02, 2008 12:20 pm

Reallyreally good Very Happy Your original compositions where, damn!! So beautyfull to listen to Very Happy I dont got any constuctive critic to give, since I dont think there is anything wrong at all, that was very good. =)

Nice to have you here Smile
So next step is to get a camera Wink

Keep being active Smile

Btw: How do you record mp3s? Does you keyboard do that?
My Dig Piano records only .usr, and I cant find a prog to convert it Sad
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri May 02, 2008 6:44 pm

First thing I want to say is

WELCOME Sepheron Smile We're glad to have you! I hope you'll find a friendly and helpful music community here!

Second thing is,

I'm blown away by your compositions, they are top notch. Very lyrical, the arpeggio style LH flows very nicely with the octaves/chords in the RH It reminds me a lot of N. Uemasteu. Are you Final Fantasy fan by any chance?

I really Loved the Warmth song, I think that's my favorite of them all!

How long have you been playing for? Well I'm happy to have you here and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you in the future! Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Fri May 02, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks for the nice and warm welcome and all the complements everyone!
If anyone wants any sheet music from any of my compositions, don't hesitate to ask! I'll just ask you to give me credit as the composer if you ever play it live (Some of them aren't completely written yet, but if you ask me I can write them down quite fast).

thomandy wrote:Btw: How do you record mp3s? Does your keyboard do that?
Hey Thomandy! Well, I record mp3 with my digital piano connecting the audio-out from the piano to the line-in on my computer. Then you just need some kind of program (Audacity is free and really good) to record whatever your piano is sending through the audio out. (if I wasn't clear enough don't hesitate to ask again!)

Admin Andrew wrote:Are you Final Fantasy fan by any chance?
Haha! In fact, I am! See, the music that someone makes do tell a lot about him! (or did you just figured that out by going to my recordings folder? Those are like 5-6years old recordings) :p I really liked N. Uematsu too. He was kind of an idol to me until recently, but then my musical horizons got bigger and herby his got narrower, making him not-so-awesome, compared to my previous standards.

Admin Andrew wrote:How long have you been playing for?
That's a really hard question for me to answer... I've studied music in a Portuguese conservatory when I was a teenage, and went till the 3rd Grade (actually to the 4th but I didn't really did that exam). Then, for personal reasons I stopped playing for a long, long of time (read 5+ years), and recently (from December 2007) Started again to play piano (not actually play written music, but making/playing my own, which is what I love about music, being able to play/do my own). Sadly, I have always a lot of work from my university, so music sometimes gets a little behind...

I want to join some modern music school in the near future and take some classes about harmony, composition and specially group improvisation (i'm still shocked something like this is actually done... i can show you some links from youtube with that) aswell as some piano lessons, not to learn to read music (cause i already know, lol) but to learn new techniques so i can make my music better and nicier!

(sorry for the wall of text, lol)

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Job/hobbies : Master in Electronic Engineer - getting a Doctor degree / Play piano
Length of time playing piano : I don't really know. I've been on and off constantly, but quite a few years for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Casyopea Sat May 03, 2008 6:28 am

Loved it... it's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing and welcome!
Casyopea
Casyopea
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://es.youtube.com/user/casyopea1977

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat May 03, 2008 7:36 am

Admin Andrew wrote:Are you Final Fantasy fan by any chance?
Sepheron wrote:Haha! In fact, I am! See, the music that someone makes do tell a lot about him! (or did you just figured that out by going to my recordings folder? Those are like 5-6years old recordings) :p I really liked N. Uematsu too. He was kind of an idol to me until recently, but then my musical horizons got bigger and herby his got narrower, making him not-so-awesome, compared to my previous standards.

I want to join some modern music school in the near future and take some classes about harmony, composition and specially group improvisation (i'm still shocked something like this is actually done... i can show you some links from youtube with that) aswell as some piano lessons, not to learn to read music (cause i already know, lol) but to learn new techniques so i can make my music better and nicier!

(sorry for the wall of text, lol)

Actually I had a feeling you were a fan of Mr Uematsu because your style sounded similar to his own. I honestly love Uematsu, so take that as a great compliment. I think you've got some serious talent in composing! I wanted to thank you so much for sharing your awesome songs with us Smile I know i enjoyed it very much!! sunny

What was your favorite final fantasy game? Or were you just a fan of Uematsu himself? I was such a nerd when I was a kid! I've beaten FF VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and I've played both XI and XII, but I actually don't really enjoy the final fantasy series so much anymore. I only really like VII and VIII these days

Anyway Smile also where do you see yourself going with your compositional & improvisational skills?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Sat May 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Dude your compositions are amazing Twisted Evil Really nice Cool
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Sat May 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Oh, you'r thanking me? Shocked You'r welcome Andrew and Casyopea! Embarassed

Well, I make my music to please (me or anyone that listens to it). I completely love all my work, and it's really, really nice to have other people saying they like it as well! ^_^

Admin Andrew wrote:What was your favorite final fantasy game? Or were you just a fan of Uematsu himself?
The 7th and the 8th, just like you. Wink Although I was such a nerd as well and played most of those too! haha! About the Uemastu, I think many people see him as a great composer cause they(we) associate his music with the awesome stories of FF, which were really moving, therefore making is music somewhat special (I'm not saying he's not a great composer! I'm still a fan of his work!).

Admin Andrew wrote:Anyway Smile also where do you see yourself going with your compositional & improvisational skills?
Good question... does any "composer" know how to answer that? Question ^^; I don't... Neutral Gotta really wait and see! (or hear Razz) I would like to be able to perform my music to many people (or someone else to play it) or record some CD with it... I don't really know... Anyway if you could be more specific about the question it would help to make a more specific answer... i don't wana divagate much ^^; pale

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sat May 03, 2008 5:25 pm

FFXII lack music from Uematsu, and you can clearly hear it. Sad that he went to microsoft ( wonder how good that deal was ^^ ).
Not to go completely off-topic, but I finished FF Mystic Quest today.

I'd love to see a video of you playin, Sepheron, maybe you have a Final Fantasy song memorized ready to play?
VictorCS
VictorCS

Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat May 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Sepheron wrote:Oh, you'r thanking me? Shocked You'r welcome Andrew and Casyopea! Embarassed

Well, I make my music to please (me or anyone that listens to it). I completely love all my work, and it's really, really nice to have other people saying they like it as well! ^_^

Admin Andrew wrote:What was your favorite final fantasy game? Or were you just a fan of Uematsu himself?
The 7th and the 8th, just like you. Wink Although I was such a nerd as well and played most of those too! haha! About the Uemastu, I think many people see him as a great composer cause they(we) associate his music with the awesome stories of FF, which were really moving, therefore making is music somewhat special (I'm not saying he's not a great composer! I'm still a fan of his work!).

Admin Andrew wrote:Anyway Smile also where do you see yourself going with your compositional & improvisational skills?
Good question... does any "composer" know how to answer that? Question ^^; I don't... Neutral Gotta really wait and see! (or hear Razz) I would like to be able to perform my music to many people (or someone else to play it) or record some CD with it... I don't really know... Anyway if you could be more specific about the question it would help to make a more specific answer... i don't wana divagate much ^^; pale

I know it's nice to hear when people like your own music Smile I don't have much of my own, I think you have much nicer compositions than i have.

Yea, FFVII and VIII were great, I actually beat FFVII 3 times, and FF VIII twice. So yea, i was a hardcore final fantasy nerd back in the days. I loved the music in the games, I think to me that's what made the game so special. You can really tell a difference from when Uematsu left the series around FFX he was composing less, and you started to hear some really dull, crap, boring music, with the occasional awesome song composed by Uematsu. I don't think he's a completely perfect composer, but then again WHO is. All I know is he's amazing at creating catchy, and memorable melodies. When I heard your composition the chords you were using and melodies you were making reminded me a lot of Uematsu's style.

Yea, sorry about that overly general question about where you wanted to go. I ment like, do you hope to do music professionally in the future, or do you just want to do it as a hobby?Cool You mentioned you're a student right now majoring in some type of electrical degree? Also, I was wondering if you DO plan to take it professional, did you want to compose for companies like Uematsu does, or do you want to sell yourself by going solo?

I hope that was a little more clear sorry for the confusion before, I wasn't thinking! jocolor
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Sat May 03, 2008 8:37 pm

VictorCS wrote:I'd love to see a video of you playin, Sepheron, maybe you have a Final Fantasy song memorized ready to play?
Sadly, i don't. Although i have a recording of Celes (FF VI) and Blue Fields (FF VIII) that you can find here. This was played lots of years ago, when i was still at the concervatory... so it's not as good as the actual stuff, i think.

Admin Andrew wrote:You can really tell a difference from when Uematsu left the series around FFX he was composing less, and you started to hear some really dull, crap, boring music, with the occasional awesome song composed by Uematsu. I don't think he's a completely perfect composer, but then again WHO is. All I know is he's amazing at creating catchy, and memorable melodies. When I heard your composition the chords you were using and melodies you were making reminded me a lot of Uematsu's style.
Yes, one can really tell the difference from when Uematsu left the series... Maybe i was wrong in my last post, and it was his music that made the game so awsome, and not the other way arrownd! Laughing He's defenetly a master at creating catchy and memorable melodies. It's a real honour that you compare my music to his.

Admin Andrew wrote:I ment like, do you hope to do music professionally in the future, or do you just want to do it as a hobby?Cool You mentioned you're a student right now majoring in some type of electrical degree? Also, I was wondering if you DO plan to take it professional, did you want to compose for companies like Uematsu does, or do you want to sell yourself by going solo?
Hmm... I don't really know what i'll do in the future, i'm real successfull with the Electronic stuff (my major is in the Telecomunications area, and i'm going to finland next august maybe to finish the major there), but i really like composing and perforing for people... I was thinking about going to play to some bar/pub has an hobby (once a week or so) when i finish my major, and have some non-musical work aswell in some company...
If I do plan to take it professional? Well... I've been thinking about it... but do you think i have the skill to? I'd like to do either of the stuf... composing for a company or going solo and perform all over the world (haha this last one would be really funny!!)

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Mon May 05, 2008 1:10 am

Gud stuff. Vais fazer Erasmus?
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Mon May 05, 2008 11:13 pm

yup! Português? Incrível! Parece que não sou o único! Very Happy

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Wed May 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Sepheron wrote:yup! Português? Incrível! Parece que não sou o único! Very Happy

Depende, único em quê? No fórum, aprender piano, a estudar IT ou a ir pra erasmus? study
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 pm

Phobik2000 wrote:

Depende, único em quê? No fórum, aprender piano, a estudar IT ou a ir pra erasmus? study

Ja, det her skjønte jeg mye av Razz Da kan jo jeg snakke litt Norsk også da. Jeg har hatt spansk i 3 år, men sitter ikke akkurat så godt Razz hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Wed May 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Phobik2000 wrote:
TRANSLATION:
Yes! Portuguese?! Incredible! Looks like i'm not the only one!

Depende, único em quê? No fórum, aprender piano, a estudar IT ou a ir pra erasmus?
TRANSLATION:
Only what? On the forum, learning piano, studying IT or going to erasmus?

Hmm... i was talking about being portuguese ^_^ and being interested in piano and musical stuff, i haven't knew any pt people in this area, that's all! So you play piano too?

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu May 08, 2008 1:55 am

Hi Sepheron,

I really enjoyed listening to all of your recording I could not really decide which one would be my favorite... cheers
I read that the only reason you did not posted on Youtube because you dont have a camera.
Idea Actually there is a good solution for that, you can make your own videoclip out of any pictures with Windows Movie Maker and attach your song to it.
I recently created a video for a school project and it was really easy to do it.
It is also possible to download any youtube videos and cut them if there is something there you would like to use.
( I can tell you more on technical details free programs and stuff if you are interested.)
Hope that helps you to create your account for Im sure the greates pleasure of youtubers ( including myself sunny )
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu May 08, 2008 6:59 am

maggiekedves wrote:Hi Sepheron,

I really enjoyed listening to all of your recording I could not really decide which one would be my favorite... cheers
I read that the only reason you did not posted on Youtube because you dont have a camera.
Idea Actually there is a good solution for that, you can make your own videoclip out of any pictures with Windows Movie Maker and attach your song to it.
I recently created a video for a school project and it was really easy to do it.
It is also possible to download any youtube videos and cut them if there is something there you would like to use.
( I can tell you more on technical details free programs and stuff if you are interested.)
Hope that helps you to create your account for Im sure the greates pleasure of youtubers ( including myself sunny )

Can you download any youtubeclip?? How? Smile I want to know, couse I actually didnt know Razz hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 am

Sepheron wrote:
Hmm... i was talking about being portuguese ^_^ and being interested in piano and musical stuff, i haven't knew any pt people in this area, that's all! So you play piano too?

Very rarely. Not much (managed) time. Still up coding a crappy hybrid multi-threaded chat-server in C and it's...already 12:43 Shocked
Only slightly over 1300 lines of code... Neutral

thomandy wrote:
Can you download any youtubeclip?? How? Smile I want to know, couse I actually didnt know Razz hehe

look for firefox addons super video download. It's pretty straight forward. That way you can save and review Andrews lessons bandwidth free Wink
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu May 08, 2008 12:02 pm

I just love the power of speaking a language only a few understand, english speaking usually cant talk more than english.
But spanish isnt that great either since it's spoken by alot of people.

1. Chinese
2. English
3. Spanish

I hate it when I'm on the bus and there is 2-3 foreign people who speak their own language,they can speak about me, make fun of me,
and I wont understand ( I doubt they do, why would they talk about me? )

No trouble speaking or understand english, but my gramar have some erros, like have/has, is/are, work/works etc.

And I hate musclememory because then I speak with an accent Smile

Lets get back to the topic, this is pretty offtopic lol!
VictorCS
VictorCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu May 08, 2008 12:07 pm

VictorCS wrote:
And I hate musclememory because then I speak with an accent Smile
!:

I like musclememory Wink Would be cinda hard to play piano withouth it Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepheron Thu May 08, 2008 8:20 pm

maggiekedves wrote:Hi Sepheron,

thank you for that! I'm going to try to do that ^^ i'v opened an account on myspace tho my myspace and when i have the time to do those videos i'll post them on youtube then Wink

Phobik2000 wrote:Very rarely. Not much (managed) time. Still up coding a crappy hybrid multi-threaded chat-server in C and it's...already 12:43 Shocked Only slightly over 1300 lines of code... Neutral
Tell me about it... i'v spend full days at university, working on projects, between that and getting some extra time to play/create music i don't have much time :\ You'r not the only one! Wink

About the muscle memory... you just need to have it to play "hard" parts that your hands aren't skilled enoght to play... These days i use muscle memory the less times possible, cause they are big a source of mistakes :p

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sat May 10, 2008 5:58 am

Yarr, now my sleeping patterns are all messed up (that's why I'm posting this @ 6:52am, ungry and sleepy). Now I'm stuck on flowchart diagrams... Mad

Muscle memory is good for...hmm...oh yeah, memory. So...where was I..? Razz

It's easy to memorize given song, rather then read&play it, but try to do so, and all your playing memory becomes...useless.

tongue
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun May 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Sepheron wrote:

thomandy wrote:Btw: How do you record mp3s? Does your keyboard do that?

Hey Thomandy! Well, I record mp3 with my digital piano connecting the audio-out from the piano to the line-in on my computer. Then you just need some kind of program (Audacity is free and really good) to record whatever your piano is sending through the audio out. (if I wasn't clear enough don't hesitate to ask again!)[/i]

Okay, I understand. But still I couldnt do it. Razz hehe
The conection from the Piano to te Pc, seems fine. I got a USB conection, so i conect the usb to my pc, and to the audio-out on my piano. Maby I need another wire?! And that the Usb-wire dosnt send audio? Im not very tecknical like that.

I downloaded Audacity, and it runs, but as I cind of said, it dosnt pick up any sound when I hit record and play on the piano.

If you got any idea =) Let me know Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next