Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from England!

4 posters

Go down

Hello from England! Empty Hello from England!

Post by Rich_P Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:13 am

Hi!

I came across this website (and subsequently forums) by watching the first two piano lessons on Andrew's YouTube account.

A few details about myself. I'm nineteen years old and live in the north east of Greater Manchester, putting me firmly in the county of the Red Rose. Cool At this very moment in time I'm still going through the major setbacks that any recession brings with it, lack of employment. But with any luck this will change in the coming months (that's what I said nearly twelve months back, hey ho!).

Perhaps I should mention why I'm looking to give the Piano a shot. Years and years ago at school I used to play the Euphonium but gave it up for some crazy reason that I can't recall. It was around this time that myself and my younger sister used to fool around with this massive electric Piano. I vaguely recall being able to play the mario tune, but that's about as far as it got. We spent far more time just playing with all the different settings than actually doing anything productive on it! Laughing

Roll on several years and I was casually browsing YouTube. On there I found Little Boots' account and watched her playing her electric Piano. It was after watching this that I remembered about the electric Piano that I mentioned earlier, and I hadn't seen it in years. I went searching for it more for the factor of making sure it hadn't been binned, given that you don't often pick up this kind of kit for free! After an hour of searching in the house I eventually found it. I decided to try it and play about with it before promptly putting it away again.

When I mentioned to my father that I found the Piano and checked that it still worked, he suggested to me to perhaps consider trying to learn the Piano. His reasoning was that I can swiftly type on a PC keyboard using all my fingers and thumbs, without even needing to look at either the screen or the keyboard. And because of this he thought I might be able to pick up on the Piano quite quickly.

Soo... here I am! I'm practically a completely new beginner and barely remember a single thing about reading music from school either. Embarassed

Oh, and as a final note, I'll be attending the Leeds music festival as a member of Staff. I'm really looking forwards to it. cheers
Rich_P
Rich_P
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 7
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Hello from England! Empty Re: Hello from England!

Post by ROBIN Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:28 am

hi rich and welcome to forum ,nice story :)there are many ppl with lots of experience here tht will help you start out just ask and you will get replies to your questions or browse the forum there are lot s of useful topics and info ..plus some very gd links tht you will find very helpful ..as i have found ..so good luck and remember THE KEY TO ONES SUCCESS IS THE SUCCESS TO ONES KEYS Smile...hehehe made tht up lol

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Rich

Nice to have you here

WELCOME

btw, I'm 19 years old too Wink
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich_P Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Smile

I've just started practising tonight. I can go up and down (I don't remember the words for "things" easily, but know what it is) as in lesson 01 with no trouble and also play Twinkle Twinkle while singing it too. Very Happy I got halfway through the second lesson before I decided I needed to focus more on going up and down with the right hand. And then after a while the right portion of my right hand started to ache, so I'm guessing that I need to learn how to relax my right hand better.

So far, as basic and simple as it is, it's proving to be fun. I was incredibly pleased with just managing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star too. cheers
Rich_P
Rich_P
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:01 am

Welcome!!! Smile Glad to have you here!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich_P Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:08 am

Hey Andrew! I've got to say that I think your tuition videos are excellent! I'm up to lesson 05 as of today. If there's a suggestion that I could make (if it's not already been done on subsequent videos), is that could you produce the video in 16:9 ratio if it's recorded as such? Otherwise you're incredibly er... squished as is everything else. Laughing
Rich_P
Rich_P
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down