Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Sadness and Sorrow" "Hokages Funeral" You guys play piano to be good at it? I play it for a different reason

+4
Admin Andrew
maggiekedves
VictorCS
Swift
8 posters

Go down

"Sadness and Sorrow" "Hokages Funeral" You guys play piano to be good at it? I play it for a different reason Empty "Sadness and Sorrow" "Hokages Funeral" You guys play piano to be good at it? I play it for a different reason

Post by Swift Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX2nezanP2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCFRfKv5Ww

Now dont these two pieces make you feel sad, or calm? hehe thats the reason why I learn piano, just to be able to play sad pieces like these two.

Last edited by Swift on Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : improvment)

Swift

Number of posts : 4
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

"Sadness and Sorrow" "Hokages Funeral" You guys play piano to be good at it? I play it for a different reason Empty Re: "Sadness and Sorrow" "Hokages Funeral" You guys play piano to be good at it? I play it for a different reason

Post by VictorCS Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:41 am

I play the piano because I wanna be able to play what I want, when I want, melodies I think sounds great.
FFX - To Zanarkand was my first 2 hand piece I learned, and still my favorite.

As for Naruto, I've only practiced The Raising Fighting Spirit ( guitar )
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

"Sadness and Sorrow" "Hokages Funeral" You guys play piano to be good at it? I play it for a different reason Empty Re: "Sadness and Sorrow" "Hokages Funeral" You guys play piano to be good at it? I play it for a different reason

Post by maggiekedves Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:26 am

Swift wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX2nezanP2c

Now dont these two pieces make you feel sad, or calm? hehe thats the reason why I learn piano, just to be able to play sad pieces like these two.

You would like to be better in it just like anyone else, except that your priority is learning sad song, oh well everyone is different.

I prefer the happier music, it is nice to be able to perform a sad song with feelings but learning happy songs are a lot more appealing for me.
I also share Victors opinion, I just simply would like to be able to play whatever I feel like.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:46 am

I play it to express myself, i love to use sad songs or happy songs to express the mood i am in. I remember playing moonlight sonata after a really rough break up. It helped actually. Playing happy songs when I was having a blast! it's all about using your music to express yourself ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:52 am

I understand well what u mean Andrew, but somtimes... your mood can change accordingly to the song or piece being played, not only how the song or piece changes with your mood Smile

I love music especially Piano music, I dont tend to be very good at it but I try my best to play the pieces I want

Swift

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:56 am

"Music Is a state of mind".
The confort it gives lies in the reviewing of one's feelings, as if a mirror for the soul. Another self, joining in the silence of the melody.
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:41 am

phobik2000 wrote:"Music Is a state of mind".
The confort it gives lies in the reviewing of one's feelings, as if a mirror for the soul. Another self, joining in the silence of the melody.

Very well said... did you come up with this? Very Happy
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:23 pm

maggiekedves wrote:

Yes, just a momentary thought. I do those alot. geek
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Phobik2000 wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:

You should write a book about it, I bet it would be a bestseller.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:05 am

Swift wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX2nezanP2c

Where can I find the sheet for ''Hokage Funeral''?
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Mon May 05, 2008 1:19 am

maggiekedves wrote:
Phobik2000 wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:

Heh, you are too kind. Chances are that you could be right, but I'd have to actually get it done. Am my mind swifts quickly from subjects as it does creating them...
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Mon May 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Phobik2000 wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:

Heh, you are too kind. Chances are that you could be right, but I'd have to actually get it done. Am my mind swifts quickly from subjects as it does creating them...

Noone said you have to be done in few months most people write books for long years... 10 or more... so if you just start to collect them you will have enough eventually sunny
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Tue May 06, 2008 12:04 am

or you could even create a small hand book maybe even a pamflit with little tid bits that you think are helpful and sell those Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Tue May 06, 2008 10:31 am

Sadness and sorrow is a very simple piece =). It goes in the scale E minor if im not mistaken, and starts of with e minor -> c Major -> G major -> D major Smile
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Wed May 07, 2008 9:44 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Phobik2000 wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:

Noone said you have to be done in few months most people write books for long years... 10 or more... so if you just start to collect them you will have enough eventually sunny

Point taken there. Although I'm not really sure what you actually meant I should write about. I do find I have too many things on my mind most of the time, aswell, as a never-ending To-Do list Shocked

Admin Andrew wrote:or you could even create a small hand book maybe even a pamflit with little tid bits that you think are helpful and sell those Smile

Do you mean like saying's or something like that?
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Wed May 07, 2008 9:49 pm

pianohama wrote:Sadness and sorrow is a very simple piece =). It goes in the scale E minor if im not mistaken, and starts of with e minor -> c Major -> G major -> D major Smile

Hokage's Funeral is way better and is all bout pedaling ^^ I found the sheet it is really easy too ^^

Last edited by CripKilla on Wed May 07, 2008 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Wed May 07, 2008 9:52 pm

hmm. I know what piece you mean but I don't know how to play it =) . I love naruto Very Happy
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Wed May 07, 2008 10:00 pm

CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 pm

CripKilla wrote:Want the sheet?
http://www.scribd.com/doc/362129/Naruto-Hokages-funeral-full-version
It is such a beautiful piece Smile

I really dont like sheets.. I rather like fakebooks though, where you get the chords only.. Half the fun is figuring out the song urself.. And the piece sticks more in ur head if u figure it out yourself ;D
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed May 07, 2008 10:49 pm

pianohama wrote:
CripKilla wrote:Want the sheet?
http://www.scribd.com/doc/362129/Naruto-Hokages-funeral-full-version
It is such a beautiful piece Smile

I really dont like sheets.. I rather like fakebooks though, where you get the chords only.. Half the fun is figuring out the song urself.. And the piece sticks more in ur head if u figure it out yourself ;D

I like sheets actually. It is also something to figure out as well. Then you have to interpetate, but when you listen to the songs and fuigure out the notes, the interpetation is gone, totaly. The only thing you really can do is change the interpetation.
But, it is a great skill to have and to evolve. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down